Register new account
Edit account
Search

Ancient Domains Of Mystery, forum overview / Spoilers / My dark elf

Online users ( Unknown)
Application object not working properly at the moment, no clue who is online...

* Numbers in parentheses are the number of minutes since the user last loaded a page. Logged-in users time out after 40 minutes (unless they manually log out), lurkers and anonymous posters after 20.

Mozzzy
Unregistered user
Posted on Thursday, February 09, 2006 at 00:40 (GMT -5)

I'm gonna try not to make this too long. I just gotta tell everyone what my little guy did today. lvl 12 Delf paladin, very weak to start but he found spear of mayhem and some other goodies. i had just picked over 100 Bstoma and almost 200 spensweed and trained stats close to 30, and found a RoW in dwarftown shop. i had never found one of those before. i got precrowned with BoW (can't beat it) and i was about to go get crowned. i'm lvl 7 in the UD and about to head back to dwarftown, i see a book and pick it up and read it of course. next thing i see is "MORTAL YEE ART....etc." all my equip is cursed. talk about shitty shitt, well i was so bumed i forgot i had Lordly might and dropped everything, my curse girdle of carrying wouldn't allow much at all. so now i swim through a river on UD 8 and come out in HMV. i'm heading to the stairs and the stone giant lord that's sometimes there traps me at the stairs. now he's pounding my head in cause my spear is rusty and broken and i'm down to 12 hps. i loved this character and was about to cry i was so pissed. then i finally remembered my spells and burned his hands until he was scared. so now i'm hungry! so i make it to the shop and the damn stupid shopkeeper is so stingy he won't let me have a 7gp apple for free. talk about a tightarse. so i steal the food and make a run for it. i eventually make it back to dwarftown to my nearest altar and makes things right with my punkarse god. (i read a tract of order by the way) now i'm N- but i have to exact revenge on that stingy ass shopkeeper and i don't even car if assyia gets mad again, luckily she didn't.

this dwarf is kickin serious but, i've never trained with ring of weakness before but it's pretty good i must say, got strength to 57 without much trouble. i got crowned with Holy Justifier and that's a kick ass sword let me tell you. dark elf pallies rock with alertness and find weakness, i got Detect item with PoE too. ok enough. well this was the most tense moment i've ever had in adom and i was so proud when i fought those punks off.
Portrait
PowerWyrm
Registered user
Great Wyrm of Order

Last page view:

4500 days, 1 hour, 48 minutes and 23 seconds ago.
Posted on Friday, February 10, 2006 at 06:37 (GMT -5)

Great story :)
But next time, watch the book weight before you read it ;)
The Great Wyrm of Order breathes light (more) - wow, you feel very smart!
Portrait
Iridia
Moderator on this forum
YASD

Last page view:

3749 days, 12 hours, 10 minutes and 50 seconds ago.
Posted on Monday, February 20, 2006 at 23:13 (GMT -5)

No kidding!

I would likely have given up at that point... Creativity, logic, and a cool mind.

Now all you have to do is watch out for the worst monster in the game--the RNG!
Die Gedanken sind Frei
Some guy
Registered user
I'm baaaack.

Last page view:

5597 days, 1 hour, 58 minutes and 27 seconds ago.
Posted on Thursday, February 23, 2006 at 00:20 (GMT -5)

Good recovery, just let me give a little advice:

Never play the game while upset. From personal experience, I know that you're far more likely to give up on a character if you keep playing after something very upsetting happens. Also, you're less likely to see a solution to your problem.

I had a monk get all his excellent, late game equipment destroyed by underestimating the cash I'd need to convert an altar. That was depressing, I took a week's hiatus and came back and finished that game. I had to visit old shops to find some second-string items. If I'd kept playing right away I'd probably have done something stupid.
The following is a real Adom message:

The homunculus hits you. You suddenly fall asleep! Do you want to continue to read the spellbook of Calm Monster? [y/N]
Sporadic_User
Unregistered user
Posted on Thursday, March 02, 2006 at 12:45 (GMT -5)

By golly, I love playing a neutral DElf Paladin - DV gets ridiculously high! I keep telling myself I'll make a pure-dexterity DE-P with dual WoS ... but I rarely find any of these before the dragon caves, and by that time I usually already have a "favorite weapon" and have invested efforts into strength training instead of dex.

Color mixer:
Red: Green: Blue: HTML color code: result:      
Your Name: Check to login:

Your Message:

Read the
formating help
Are you a spambot? Yes No Maybe Huh?
Create poll? Yes No   What is this?
Poll question: