Register new account
Edit account
Search

Ancient Domains Of Mystery, forum overview / Spoilers / The power of Double Checking

Online users ( Unknown)
Application object not working properly at the moment, no clue who is online...

* Numbers in parentheses are the number of minutes since the user last loaded a page. Logged-in users time out after 40 minutes (unless they manually log out), lurkers and anonymous posters after 20.

Portrait
*Chaos Muffin*
Registered user
Chaotic Awesome

Last page view:

6118 days, 9 minutes and 59 seconds ago.
Posted on Sunday, February 12, 2006 at 00:35 (GMT -5)

The most powerful tool in your Adom arsenal is to *double check* that what you wanted to equip is indeed what you have equipped....

Case in point, Human Barbarian, lvl 50, crowned L+, got the Crown of Chaos on, got the Amulet of Chaos on, Got the Trident of the red rooster on, oh wait, ive equipped the Runed Trident by mistake, The swirling powers of Chaos rip you apart, you die, and everyone mocks you.
Damn, this is the second high power character of mine to die within weeks because i didnt *double check* his damn equipment...

can someone slap me please??
*<< Words go here >>*
Sargoth
Registered user
Bard

Last page view:

4949 days, 5 hours, 54 minutes and 47 seconds ago.
Posted on Sunday, February 12, 2006 at 04:02 (GMT -5)

*Slaps Chaos Muffin with a keyboard*
http://tankefel.blogspot.com/

So far you have only killed one wild cat.
Portrait
Iridia
Moderator on this forum
YASD

Last page view:

3749 days, 4 hours, 15 minutes and 47 seconds ago.
Posted on Monday, February 20, 2006 at 22:51 (GMT -5)

*hands Sargoth a Lawful Eternium Halberd of
Ritalin, so that the smacking may be more effective*
Die Gedanken sind Frei
Some guy
Registered user
I'm baaaack.

Last page view:

5596 days, 18 hours, 3 minutes and 24 seconds ago.
Posted on Thursday, February 23, 2006 at 00:31 (GMT -5)

"got the Amulet of Chaos on"
There's another problem, but you probably mean medal.

In the three times I've gone through the gate, I've had the habit of quintuple checking everything I need before I go. Perhaps even more than that, I'm fairly paranoid when it comes to this game. I over-prepare to the point where Andor can't hurt me.
The following is a real Adom message:

The homunculus hits you. You suddenly fall asleep! Do you want to continue to read the spellbook of Calm Monster? [y/N]
Portrait
Morio
Registered user
Holy Champion of ADoM

Last page view:

3891 days, 17 hours, 47 minutes and 37 seconds ago.
Posted on Thursday, February 23, 2006 at 03:49 (GMT -5)

Better safe than sorry
"I don't know what World War 3 will be fought with, but I know World War 4 with be fought with sticks and stones." - Albert Einstein
BcotN
Registered user
SoaD junkie

Last page view:

6501 days, 10 hours, 54 minutes and 45 seconds ago.
Posted on Sunday, March 26, 2006 at 22:49 (GMT -5)

"I over-prepare to the point where Andor can't hurt me." unfortunatly I don't think that is possible

what do you wish for?: For Andor not to be able to hurt me
You die...
Some guy
Registered user
I'm baaaack.

Last page view:

5596 days, 18 hours, 3 minutes and 24 seconds ago.
Posted on Monday, March 27, 2006 at 14:35 (GMT -5)

Yet it's true. Now I've faced Andor 4 times, and can't remember ever taking damage from him. DV has been at least 100 and PV at least 80 each time, and those are the minimums, I've had much higher. I drink every stat boosting potion I still have, getting most to the 90's. Speed has been significantly boosted with potions and spare wishes if I have them. I make sure to have the necessary intrinsics in my equipment. The most dangerous thing on the chaos plane after that is the *extreme* corruption. I suppose Andor could still damage me if I just let him attack for a while. The stat drains are more damaging.
The following is a real Adom message:

The homunculus hits you. You suddenly fall asleep! Do you want to continue to read the spellbook of Calm Monster? [y/N]

[Edited 1 time, last edit on 3/27/2006 at 14:40 (GMT -5) by Some guy]

Color mixer:
Red: Green: Blue: HTML color code: result:      
Your Name: Check to login:

Your Message:

Read the
formating help
Are you a spambot? Yes No Maybe Huh?
Create poll? Yes No   What is this?
Poll question: