Register new account
Edit account
Search

Ancient Domains Of Mystery, forum overview / Spoilers / stuff in the ADOM.exe file

Online users ( Unknown)
Application object not working properly at the moment, no clue who is online...

* Numbers in parentheses are the number of minutes since the user last loaded a page. Logged-in users time out after 40 minutes (unless they manually log out), lurkers and anonymous posters after 20.

Portrait
Duke Ravage
Registered user
Gravebane Zombie

Last page view:

5662 days, 6 minutes and 39 seconds ago.
Posted on Saturday, December 15, 2001 at 00:27 (GMT -5)

had nothing better to do so i started wandering aroudn in the ADOM exe file. at first i ran a search for the SoO, but didn't know how to spell Omnipotence so i just searched "Scroll of". found lots of other interesting stuff on the way...
(: : are stuff not in the file [basilcy they're comments], everything else is straight out of the file)

scroll of omnipotenceancient scroll
: :after much thought and examining simalar stuff in the area i found this, i came to the conclusion that this means that the SoO un-id'd will appear as an "ancient scroll"

rune-covered sling
rune-covered halberd

: : never seen these, or even heard of them. am i alone?

pairs of boxing glovesboxing gloves

: :singular & plural of osmething i've never seen. these were al in the item lists BTW.

True StrengthSoakerExecutorIronfistHammerheadProtectorPreserverPurifierWhirlwindNature's
CompanionNeedleStingSkullcrusherLong StingNature's FriendLust for
GloryCelestrixGrodShezestriakisBig PunchTrusted OneBugbiterBlack ThumbTrue
AimThunderstrokeThe Far SlayerJustifierRolf's CompanionWyrmlanceCat's ClawDeath's
StingMoon SickleRolf's SaviourDeath's BladeSun's MessengerKinslayerVanquisherDeath's Final
Touch

: :recognize some of these? they're artifacts. apparantly... i see Vanquisher, True Aim, Trusted One, Bugbiter, etc... but here are some i've never heard of: Shezestriakis, Soaker, Hammerhead, Lust for Glory. again, am i alone?

A voice in your mind thunders:"Stop that at once!!!"
This act of pillaging makes you feel like a true hero!
Almost no more itching, no more crawling... very satisfying.

: : all apparantly in-game messages; there were some other unusual ones i've never seen or heard of.just go into it and search for one of these to see the others.

ivan.sourceforge.net
Bear
Registered user

Last page view:

8153 days, 8 hours, 8 minutes and 42 seconds ago.
Posted on Saturday, December 15, 2001 at 08:24 (GMT -5)

i have heard of many of these. the rune covered sling is the artifact whirlwind if i'm not mistaken. hammerhead is a pickaxe that cannot break, soaker is a spear that instant kills bugs and plants i think. lust for glory i have never heard of. but examine the adom.exe file more and you might find the infinite dungeon quest. what you have to do is find the bottom to the infinite dungeon(yes there must be a bottom)when you get there supposedly you meet thomas biskup the designer and he says "die yeh cheater" and does the thousand hand pimpslap to kill you. just an odd thing my friend found while decoding it one day.

"He who conquers the past controls the future. He who conquers the future controls the past. -Kain from Command and Conquer." -Bear
Portrait
Ekaterin
Moderator on this forum

Last page view:

5764 days, 17 hours, 38 minutes and 5 seconds ago.
Posted on Saturday, December 15, 2001 at 08:39 (GMT -5)

"This act of pillaging makes you feel like a true hero!" is from the bug temple - you get it every time you smash a statue there.

"Almost no more itching, no more crawling... very satisfying" is also from smashing statues in the bug temple. When I completed it for the first time ever last night, I got that message twice, first without the word "almost" and then with it - but I wrote out a .vlg file and it said I stopped the generation of nasty bugs, so I must have done something right.
Portrait
Dougy
Registered user
What is the deal with cards?

Last page view:

5829 days, 53 minutes and 42 seconds ago.
Posted on Saturday, December 15, 2001 at 23:53 (GMT -5)

rune-covered sling = whirlwind, very common - rather crap unless you spend time training. (archer bard druid farmer thief possible crowning gift)

rune-covered halbard = wyrmlance, commonly found in darkforge. Handy for taking the blue dragon caves. (only randomly loads)

boxing gloves, you do more melee damage but less missile damage

Shezestriakis = gauntlets of eternal peace, think normal ones that you can't destroy and more minuses to damage and hit. (can't load randomly - Monk, Merchant, Healer possible crowning gifts)

Soaker = brilliant for killing jellies. Paralyzation resistance is really handy. (can only randomly load)

Hammerhead = artefact pickaxe, good for miners, gemologists and rock throwers. (handy if you have whirlwind to accompany it). (only loads randomly)

Lust for Glory is thought to be removed from the game.

A voice in your mind thunders:"Stop that at once!!!" (kicking an object in a shop while not being able to see the shopkeeper)

This act of pillaging makes you feel like a true hero!
Almost no more itching, no more crawling... very satisfying.

(this is from bugville, kicking statues. Only two certain statues give you the second message.)

Adomer from Australia.

DougyDougy - Dougy - DougyDougy
Portrait
Duke Ravage
Registered user
Gravebane Zombie

Last page view:

5662 days, 6 minutes and 39 seconds ago.
Posted on Sunday, December 16, 2001 at 01:30 (GMT -5)

thx for helpin.

ivan.sourceforge.net

Color mixer:
Red: Green: Blue: HTML color code: result:      
Your Name: Check to login:

Your Message:

Read the
formating help
Are you a spambot? Yes No Maybe Huh?
Create poll? Yes No   What is this?
Poll question: