Register new account
Edit account
Search

Ancient Domains Of Mystery, forum overview / Spoilers / I hate that ancient dwarf

Online users ( Unknown)
Application object not working properly at the moment, no clue who is online...

* Numbers in parentheses are the number of minutes since the user last loaded a page. Logged-in users time out after 40 minutes (unless they manually log out), lurkers and anonymous posters after 20.

Portrait
Baron
Registered user

Last page view:

6585 days, 20 hours, 32 minutes and 26 seconds ago.
Posted on Wednesday, February 15, 2006 at 22:45 (GMT -5)

Think I have a great grey elf wizard going and get to the dwarven city..... Ok where the heck do I find a slow shadow now for his damn quest?
AnonPoster
Unregistered user
Posted on Wednesday, February 15, 2006 at 23:08 (GMT -5)

You can try the dwarven graveyard. I think you can find one there if you stick around long enough.

The big room would also be a nice place to start. Just wait and eventually one should pop up.
Silfir
Registered user
Writer of Overly Long Guides

Last page view:

4040 days, 9 hours, 3 minutes and 19 seconds ago.
Posted on Thursday, February 16, 2006 at 14:00 (GMT -5)

Big Room, yeah. It doesn't corrupt, the Graveyard does.

If you get too bored, maybe you could check out other places in the meantime.
You drop the golden ball.
You kick the golden ball. It slides to the west.
Suddenly Harry Potter, the apprentice wizard, appears! "That's not how you play Quidditch! are you even listening?"
Which direction? (123456789) 4
Harry Potter, the apprentice wizard, is hit by a bolt of acid! Harry Potter, the apprentice wizard, is annihilated.
You hear the ecstatic cries of a large crowd!
Sargoth
Registered user
Bard

Last page view:

4927 days, 18 hours, 44 minutes and 19 seconds ago.
Posted on Thursday, February 16, 2006 at 14:55 (GMT -5)

The second you decide to forget about the quest and just dive into the lower depths of the CoC you will bump into one. It never fails.
http://tankefel.blogspot.com/

So far you have only killed one wild cat.
Portrait
Baron
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Thursday, February 16, 2006 at 17:39 (GMT -5)

Thanks for the suggestions. I actually happened to bump into a ring merchant and low and behold a djinn ring was in there. Only 24k.... Heh, probably a bad idea to waste the wish on getting the slow shadow but....it worked.
Silfir
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Friday, February 17, 2006 at 12:09 (GMT -5)

Actually, I fear it was a tremendously bad idea. ;)
Suddenly Harry Potter, the apprentice wizard, appears! "That's not how you play Quidditch! are you even listening?"
Harry Potter, the apprentice wizard, is hit by a bolt of acid! Harry Potter, the apprentice wizard, is annihilated.
AnonPoster
Unregistered user
Posted on Friday, February 17, 2006 at 15:01 (GMT -5)

"Big Room, yeah. It doesn't corrupt, the Graveyard does."

He'll probably be going into the graveyard anyway. Might as well kill two birds with one stone.

"Heh, probably a bad idea to waste the wish on getting the slow shadow but....it worked."

Very, very, very, very, VERY bad idea.
Portrait
Baron
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Friday, February 17, 2006 at 17:08 (GMT -5)

I actually ran through the graveyard and noticed no slow shadows when I was there. And I agree still using that ring was a bad idea. But sometimes I would like to get on with the quests instead of running around for hours trying to find a monster to kill.
Silfir
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Monday, February 20, 2006 at 13:07 (GMT -5)

Thing is, if you don't have an AoLS by now, you will be running around for many many more hours to find one... Saving Khelly gets you MUCH more valuable treasure than doing the dwarven quests. Heck, you can ignore them completely and become arena champion on your own if you need Bart's training...
Some guy
Registered user
I'm baaaack.

Last page view:

5575 days, 6 hours, 52 minutes and 56 seconds ago.
Posted on Thursday, February 23, 2006 at 00:39 (GMT -5)

I've been getting a lot of terrible monster quests too... but I'm usually lucky enough to find the monster in question in the big room, or between dwarftown and the level with the 2 down staircases.

One quest I've had to deal with a few times is "Ghost lord", and I have a special strategy for that one that I hate to use. I go to the dwarven graveyard and dig up a great treasures grave, and hope that I get a master lich (and not a king or emperor). If you're patient, the master lich should eventually summon ghost lords. Kill one and get out of there, unless you're tough enough to finish off the lot of them.
The following is a real Adom message:

The homunculus hits you. You suddenly fall asleep! Do you want to continue to read the spellbook of Calm Monster? [y/N]

Color mixer:
Red: Green: Blue: HTML color code: result:      
Your Name: Check to login:

Your Message:

Read the
formating help
Are you a spambot? Yes No Maybe Huh?
Create poll? Yes No   What is this?
Poll question: