Register new account
Edit account
Search

Ancient Domains Of Mystery, forum overview / Spoilers / Fomorian giant

Online users ( Unknown)
Application object not working properly at the moment, no clue who is online...

* Numbers in parentheses are the number of minutes since the user last loaded a page. Logged-in users time out after 40 minutes (unless they manually log out), lurkers and anonymous posters after 20.

Jassarise
Unregistered user
Posted on Saturday, March 11, 2006 at 10:34 (GMT -5)

Playing adom again after a long break, a new dark elven barbarian, gets to the dwarven elder and he asks for a fomorian giant. After spending a LOT of time in the big room (and having an encounter with three ratling duelists and a werejackals id rather not discuss >.<) ive killed many hill giants, but no fomorians. I do remember that they spawn occasionally in the wilderness, but can't remember what tiletype and if there is some other requirement. I *REALLY* need to get literate, due to the literal ton of unidentified stuff in my inventory (treasure hunter!). Any advice?
Some guy
Registered user
I'm baaaack.

Last page view:

5575 days, 8 hours, 17 minutes and 28 seconds ago.
Posted on Saturday, March 11, 2006 at 12:53 (GMT -5)

Yes, you can find them in the wilderness, the message is "you encounter a lone giant" or something similar. They either live in plains or forests, I don't remember which at the moment. But either way, try to wear something dooming so you get many more wilderness encounters, like the crown of science if you can get it.

Aside from that tactic, I would just keep fighting in the big room and hope for the best.
The following is a real Adom message:

The homunculus hits you. You suddenly fall asleep! Do you want to continue to read the spellbook of Calm Monster? [y/N]
Portrait
Morio
Registered user
Holy Champion of ADoM

Last page view:

3870 days, 8 hours, 1 minute and 41 seconds ago.
Posted on Saturday, March 11, 2006 at 13:13 (GMT -5)

iirc they can be found in forest areas after level 15 and the message is "you encounter a Wandering giant"
"I don't know what World War 3 will be fought with, but I know World War 4 with be fought with sticks and stones." - Albert Einstein
Sargoth
Registered user
Bard

Last page view:

4927 days, 20 hours, 8 minutes and 51 seconds ago.
Posted on Saturday, March 11, 2006 at 13:46 (GMT -5)

You could also dive the CoC. When you decide that it just ain't worth it, you usually finds one just standing there like he hasn't done anything else his whole life...
http://tankefel.blogspot.com/

So far you have only killed one wild cat.
Portrait
Battle bunny
Registered user
I'm just that cool

Last page view:

5799 days, 6 hours, 3 minutes and 20 seconds ago.
Posted on Wednesday, June 14, 2006 at 03:59 (GMT -5)

If you don't kill a single thing in the Big Room, it seems to me that the monster asked in the first Thrundarr quest is always there... proven by that I killed a Ratling Duelist in the Big Room, then what does the dwarf ask for? Ratling Duelist. Happened to me also with least demon, chaos rat, outlaw leader, etc.
(\_/)
(o.0)
(> <)
( / \ )

Don't click this
http://www.mindistortion.net/iwantyoursoul/?i_am=Darkcutter
Silfir
Registered user
Writer of Overly Long Guides

Last page view:

4040 days, 10 hours, 27 minutes and 51 seconds ago.
Posted on Friday, June 16, 2006 at 08:46 (GMT -5)

Worth a try is the Tomb of the High Kings dungeon. I found my fomorian giant there in the cavernous levels.
You drop the golden ball.
You kick the golden ball. It slides to the west.
Suddenly Harry Potter, the apprentice wizard, appears! "That's not how you play Quidditch! are you even listening?"
Which direction? (123456789) 4
Harry Potter, the apprentice wizard, is hit by a bolt of acid! Harry Potter, the apprentice wizard, is annihilated.
You hear the ecstatic cries of a large crowd!
Portrait
Battle bunny
Registered user
I'm just that cool

Last page view:

Posted on Friday, June 16, 2006 at 08:48 (GMT -5)

Should it drop a corpse, eat it. It may give +1 St at the cost of 1 Ap which is not important.
(\_/)
(o.0)
(> <)
( / \ )

Don't click this
Silfir
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Sunday, June 18, 2006 at 13:32 (GMT -5)

Isn't this true for *every* giant, even? I don't think there is a giant you should not eat.
Suddenly Harry Potter, the apprentice wizard, appears! "That's not how you play Quidditch! are you even listening?"
Harry Potter, the apprentice wizard, is hit by a bolt of acid! Harry Potter, the apprentice wizard, is annihilated.
Portrait
Battle bunny
Registered user
I'm just that cool

Last page view:

Posted on Sunday, June 18, 2006 at 15:15 (GMT -5)

Yes, it is.
(\_/)
(o.0)
(> <)
( / \ )

Don't click this
Silfir
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Sunday, June 18, 2006 at 17:16 (GMT -5)

The best giant you can eat, I think, is an ogre magus, since you get Strength *and* Mana/PP regeneration bonus. (It's not technically a giant, but I count ogres because they're really big.)
The Real J.
Registered user
The faceless swordsman

Last page view:

5585 days, 16 hours, 42 minutes and 17 seconds ago.
Posted on Monday, June 19, 2006 at 03:40 (GMT -5)

Actually getting strength bonus from giants is not guaranteed. The more strength one has the lesser is the probability of gaining strength. AFAIK ogres (not counting higher ranking ones) only grant up to 19 or something. Then again, fire giant kings might always grant strength bonus but they are not exactly common.
Sytytä toiselle tuli ja hän pysyy lämpimänä jonkin aikaa.
Sytytä hänet palamaan ja hän pysyy lämpimänä loppuelämänsä.
Portrait
Battle bunny
Registered user
I'm just that cool

Last page view:

Posted on Monday, June 19, 2006 at 09:13 (GMT -5)

It's also good to eat a gr8er titan *if* you can kill it *and* it drops a corpse, because
1. Guaranteed
2. +1 St
3. *and* +1 To! Woothoot!
(\_/)
(o.0)
(> <)
( / \ )

Don't click this
Silfir
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Tuesday, June 20, 2006 at 07:56 (GMT -5)

Raising your Strength and Toughness to 99 this way probably qualifies as the most time-consuming and most dangerous way ever, though ;)

Color mixer:
Red: Green: Blue: HTML color code: result:      
Your Name: Check to login:

Your Message:

Read the
formating help
Are you a spambot? Yes No Maybe Huh?
Create poll? Yes No   What is this?
Poll question: