Register new account
Edit account
Search

Ancient Domains Of Mystery, forum overview / Spoilers / Fire Temple Worm

Online users ( Unknown)
Application object not working properly at the moment, no clue who is online...

* Numbers in parentheses are the number of minutes since the user last loaded a page. Logged-in users time out after 40 minutes (unless they manually log out), lurkers and anonymous posters after 20.

arkflash
Registered user

Last page view:

6607 days, 7 hours, 26 minutes and 19 seconds ago.
Posted on Sunday, March 19, 2006 at 18:46 (GMT -5)

Worm kills my character every time with the electric bolt/ray. Tried increasing dexterity, as well as getting arnor that grants shock immunity - but nothing help, Any suggestions???
Portrait
Morio
Registered user
Holy Champion of ADoM

Last page view:

3897 days, 1 hour and 9 minutes ago.
Posted on Monday, March 20, 2006 at 06:28 (GMT -5)

There are several threads bout how to do the ToEF, try looking for those, they have quite detailed strategies on how to tackle the ACW
"I don't know what World War 3 will be fought with, but I know World War 4 with be fought with sticks and stones." - Albert Einstein
arkflash
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Tuesday, March 21, 2006 at 08:11 (GMT -5)

About the only info I got from a search of ToEF was that the character should be at leat level 20. That does not answer my major question on how to protect against the electric ray.
Darren Grey
Registered user

Last page view:

4238 days, 2 hours and 53 minutes ago.
Posted on Tuesday, March 21, 2006 at 14:57 (GMT -5)

It's not an electric bolt, so shock immunity does nothing. It's a magic missile, which is non-elemental. The Alertness skill helps you dodge enemy magic, but obviously that's not something you can easily get in-game. If you already have the skill then try raising it higher. You should also try raising your toughness with morgia to get as much hp as possible. But perhaps the best defense against him is to have a stronger offense and be able to kill him quickly. Dragon slaying ammo helps a lot in that respect... Also, he can't hit you with the missile if there are other monsters in the way, so try getting a buffer of demons between you and zapping acid wands at him - they'll weaken him up and make him easier to kill when you get face to face.
Waldenbrook, the dwarven shopkeeper, mumbles: "I'd offer 9 gold pieces for yer dwarven child corpse."
Portrait
*Chaos Muffin*
Registered user
Chaotic Awesome

Last page view:

6123 days, 7 hours, 31 minutes and 22 seconds ago.
Posted on Tuesday, March 21, 2006 at 21:53 (GMT -5)

###########
+.##......# /Wahh!
#.##.......#         
#.##......#@########
#.........##...W....
####################
                 \I EAT YOU!

Bear with me, havnt done one of these pics before, hope it works...

You, of course, are the sexy little @,
Mr ACW is, funnily enough, the big scary W,
While your @ is cowering behind this corner, the W's bolts won't hit you, because unlike us sneaky little adventurers, W doesn't bounce his bolts around walls, you can soften W up with poison wands and magic missile, then smack him with you weapon of choice when he gets closer.
Yay!
( I hardly ever fight the Chaos Guardians in their Temples, instead luring them away from theie minions and killing them in a lonely corridor :p )
*<< Words go here >>*
BcotN
Registered user
SoaD junkie

Last page view:

6506 days, 18 hours, 16 minutes and 8 seconds ago.
Posted on Tuesday, March 21, 2006 at 23:29 (GMT -5)

"I hardly ever fight the Chaos Guardians in their Temples, instead luring them away from theie minions and killing them in a lonely corridor"

This is a very smart thing to say :P

something which is true for every temple. But ESPECIALLY true for the fire and mana temples, DON'T BE A HERO! don't try to storm the damn thing. You don't have to run in and slay everything in site. cause most everytime you try that...guess what? you die...
You die...
Silfir
Registered user
Writer of Overly Long Guides

Last page view:

4067 days, 3 hours, 35 minutes and 10 seconds ago.
Posted on Wednesday, March 22, 2006 at 16:13 (GMT -5)

This is not only true for the temples... Never rush into ANYTHING. Corridors are the adventurer's best friend. Not any kind of weapons, magic, or some of that useless artifact junk. It's CORRIDORS. Mark my words.

Seriously, if the evil masterminds had any kind of brains, they would make every level look like the Big Cave. 'Cause you would SO be done for if they did.

But alas, the bad guys are not only stupid, they are completely, batshit insanely, dumb. It is the single truth that keeps anything going... except the real world. Sigh
You drop the golden ball.
You kick the golden ball. It slides to the west.
Suddenly Harry Potter, the apprentice wizard, appears! "That's not how you play Quidditch! are you even listening?"
Which direction? (123456789) 4
Harry Potter, the apprentice wizard, is hit by a bolt of acid! Harry Potter, the apprentice wizard, is annihilated.
You hear the ecstatic cries of a large crowd!
Portrait
Morio
Registered user
Holy Champion of ADoM

Last page view:

Posted on Thursday, March 23, 2006 at 02:51 (GMT -5)

The not rushing into stuff is not a good strategy for all the temples. I always rush into the Air temple as fast as possible, and the summoner is often one of the first monsters I kill in the temple. This is because the lightning there destroys your stuff, and once the summoner is "activated" he can summon some really nasty stuff
"I don't know what World War 3 will be fought with, but I know World War 4 with be fought with sticks and stones." - Albert Einstein
arkflash
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Thursday, March 23, 2006 at 07:06 (GMT -5)

Well, as soon as I reached level 19 & had enough hit points to survive one ray, was able to kill the worm with frost bolts. Had 76 HP, worm knocked out all but 1, blessed potion of extra healing saved my character. Now to search for forum entries on how to use alchemy to create potions of youth. My human will need them later on.....
Portrait
Morio
Registered user
Holy Champion of ADoM

Last page view:

Posted on Thursday, March 23, 2006 at 08:13 (GMT -5)

only 76 HP at lvl 19?
Molach
Registered user
Lord of DurisMud

Last page view:

5140 days, 8 hours, 47 minutes and 23 seconds ago.
Posted on Thursday, March 23, 2006 at 09:10 (GMT -5)

Level 19 is not very high.
And 76 is waaaay too low, you were lucky to only lose 75 hps, I usually take 100 HP damage.
Some fights have been "Hit wyrm once, take a ray, drink potion of E.healing, mabye hit it, take a ray, drink potion." Killing the Wyrm may rightly be considered the hardest part of the game, so really drink up those potions. I like to have 200+ hp and over 5 good healin potions when I do temple. AND some way of killing the Wyrm
Portrait
Morio
Registered user
Holy Champion of ADoM

Last page view:

Posted on Friday, March 24, 2006 at 07:13 (GMT -5)

Some way of killing the worm is recommended, yes :D
BcotN
Registered user
SoaD junkie

Last page view:

Posted on Friday, March 24, 2006 at 14:45 (GMT -5)

Agreed.

76 hp at lv19 is pretty darn low. I don't think that's natural :P
You die...
Some guy
Registered user
I'm baaaack.

Last page view:

5602 days, 1 hour, 24 minutes and 47 seconds ago.
Posted on Saturday, March 25, 2006 at 11:05 (GMT -5)

I typically have 350 hp at that stage in the game. Eating morgia roots trains your toughness until 25-27, make sure you do that before going in a dangerous place like the ToEF. I can't imagine how it's even possible to have such low hp.
The following is a real Adom message:

The homunculus hits you. You suddenly fall asleep! Do you want to continue to read the spellbook of Calm Monster? [y/N]
BcotN
Registered user
SoaD junkie

Last page view:

Posted on Saturday, March 25, 2006 at 16:37 (GMT -5)

to 2? lol
You die...

Color mixer:
Red: Green: Blue: HTML color code: result:      
Your Name: Check to login:

Your Message:

Read the
formating help
Are you a spambot? Yes No Maybe Huh?
Create poll? Yes No   What is this?
Poll question: