Register new account
Edit account
Search

Ancient Domains Of Mystery, forum overview / Spoilers / Ring of weakness + training

Online users ( Unknown)
Application object not working properly at the moment, no clue who is online...

* Numbers in parentheses are the number of minutes since the user last loaded a page. Logged-in users time out after 40 minutes (unless they manually log out), lurkers and anonymous posters after 20.

Jules
Registered user

Last page view:

4769 days, 19 hours, 58 minutes and 48 seconds ago.
Posted on Tuesday, March 21, 2006 at 03:37 (GMT -5)

Using ring of weakness, is there any point training with Garth, or should I just walk around strained and eat Giant/Ogre corpses.
BcotN
Registered user
SoaD junkie

Last page view:

6507 days, 1 hour and 59 seconds ago.
Posted on Thursday, March 23, 2006 at 14:50 (GMT -5)

If you have extra cash to spare training would be helpful. As the +1 str from ogres doesn't have anything to do with intristic stat gains.
You die...
Jules
Registered user

Last page view:

4769 days, 19 hours, 58 minutes and 48 seconds ago.
Posted on Friday, March 24, 2006 at 09:02 (GMT -5)

What I'm really asking is when your str is set to 1 with the effect of the ring, does Garths training take this into consideration. If it does, then small amounts of money paid to him will get you up to 99 str very quickly.
I'm going to test this with a scummed char, the one I asked the question about died after stroking a greater mimic.
ej
Unregistered user
Posted on Friday, March 24, 2006 at 09:53 (GMT -5)

yes it works. It also work with smal amounts of money. however each time you train you'll have to wait for a certain amount of time to pass before your strengt increases. also you need to increase your potential strengt up high enough each point.So it isnt at all a very quick way to gain strengt but it does work.

btw doesnt anyone here think its a bit too skummy to use the ring for that? I mean, if you find one ring, or a wish for the ring you can get your strengt to 99 with patience only.
Portrait
Morio
Registered user
Holy Champion of ADoM

Last page view:

3897 days, 7 hours, 53 minutes and 51 seconds ago.
Posted on Friday, March 24, 2006 at 10:05 (GMT -5)

but you can just put the ring on, pay Garth, and then remove the ring
"I don't know what World War 3 will be fought with, but I know World War 4 with be fought with sticks and stones." - Albert Einstein
Some guy
Registered user
I'm baaaack.

Last page view:

5602 days, 8 hours, 9 minutes and 38 seconds ago.
Posted on Saturday, March 25, 2006 at 10:53 (GMT -5)

If something in the game seems scummy, my philosophy is "Use it until it gets changed in another version." Like making water traps on grass squares in the dwarven graveyard for gremlin scumming. It tastes scummy, but it works.
The following is a real Adom message:

The homunculus hits you. You suddenly fall asleep! Do you want to continue to read the spellbook of Calm Monster? [y/N]
Silfir
Registered user
Writer of Overly Long Guides

Last page view:

4067 days, 10 hours, 20 minutes and 1 second ago.
Posted on Tuesday, March 28, 2006 at 17:01 (GMT -5)

Gremlin scumming doesn't exactly get more or less scummy if you do it on the Graveyard. It's scumming either way. ;)

We all know that ADOM is very hard to win without using strategies that could be considered as scumming in some way, so my philosophy is to use only the methods that present themselves to me in some way or are absolutely necessary. Building up stats with a ring of weakness is generally a very time-consuming method I never use.
You drop the golden ball.
You kick the golden ball. It slides to the west.
Suddenly Harry Potter, the apprentice wizard, appears! "That's not how you play Quidditch! are you even listening?"
Which direction? (123456789) 4
Harry Potter, the apprentice wizard, is hit by a bolt of acid! Harry Potter, the apprentice wizard, is annihilated.
You hear the ecstatic cries of a large crowd!

Color mixer:
Red: Green: Blue: HTML color code: result:      
Your Name: Check to login:

Your Message:

Read the
formating help
Are you a spambot? Yes No Maybe Huh?
Create poll? Yes No   What is this?
Poll question: