Register new account
Edit account
Search

Ancient Domains Of Mystery, forum overview / Stories / ADOM Role-Play 2

Online users ( Unknown)
Application object not working properly at the moment, no clue who is online...

* Numbers in parentheses are the number of minutes since the user last loaded a page. Logged-in users time out after 40 minutes (unless they manually log out), lurkers and anonymous posters after 20.

This thread is 4 pages long.
Go to page 1 2 3 4
Portrait
Duke Ravage
Moderator on this forum
Gravebane Zombie

Last page view:

5655 days, 1 hour, 1 minute and 18 seconds ago.
Posted on Sunday, December 16, 2001 at 01:49 (GMT -5)

IC:
As the sun rises over the Drakalor Mountain Chain, a robed figure slowly enters the canyon that connects it to the outside world. Below him, the lights of a town twinkle brightly, and the sound of music and singing float up to the wanderer. He pauses for a moment, surveying the canyon ahead of him, and then begins decending into it. Before he has taken even a dozen steps into the canyon, another figure steps out, blocking his path. The first stops, looking the newcommer over.

ivan.sourceforge.net

[Edited 1 time, last edit on 7/11/2002 at 02:52 (GMT -5) by Duke Ravage]
Portrait
Tha Messiah
Registered user
Angel of Death

Last page view:

7769 days, 10 hours, 59 minutes and 43 seconds ago.
Posted on Sunday, December 16, 2001 at 15:00 (GMT -5)

The man looks at the cloaked figure, dipping his hat and making a slight bow, saying apologetically "Sorry for givin yer a start.I always tend to do that.Was born to roam the wilderness."

The former scrutinized the man.He was wearing a leather armor and a pair of metal boots.A hat was placed rather akwardly on his head.Muscles bulged under this huge man's armour.He was carrying a huge sword which he held with both his hands.

THE MESSIAH,I'm here now,Worship me.

[Edited 1 time, last edit on 7/11/2002 at 02:55 (GMT -5) by Duke Ravage]
Portrait
Duke Ravage
Moderator on this forum
Gravebane Zombie

Last page view:

Posted on Sunday, December 16, 2001 at 21:39 (GMT -5)

Chuckling slightly at the man's motley appearance, the stranger pushed back the hood of his robe, revealing unusual features. While he had the golden hair and pointed ears of a high elf, his face more closly represented a humans. "Well met!" he grinned. "My name is Meridon. What, may I ask, is yours?" As he spoke he produced a quarterstaff, which he relaxed against. Now that the man could take more time to examine him, Meridon's robes appeared to have a greenish tinge to them.

ivan.sourceforge.net

[Edited 1 time, last edit on 7/11/2002 at 02:57 (GMT -5) by Duke Ravage]
Portrait
Tha Messiah
Registered user
Angel of Death

Last page view:

Posted on Monday, December 17, 2001 at 02:03 (GMT -5)

The man gave a slight smile "Pleased to meet you Meridon. I'm Konan, the best warrior of my tribe.I'm out to prove I am the fiercest warrior that walked Ancardia.My tribes honour is at stake."He paused."I also came to help rid the world of chaos."
His eyes narrowed "Headed to Terinyo?"not waiting for an answer he continued"We can travel together.You can tell me about youreself on the way."

[Edited 1 time, last edit on 7/11/2002 at 02:58 (GMT -5) by Duke Ravage]
Portrait
Duke Ravage
Moderator on this forum
Gravebane Zombie

Last page view:

Posted on Monday, December 17, 2001 at 15:46 (GMT -5)

Again Meridon chuckled. "Depends. If the town below us is Terinyo, then yes; if not, then most likely the answer is no." He waved his hand at Konan's massive sword. "Put that away, I'm not your enemy. Or at least lower it. If you truly wanted to fight me it would do you little good." From his grin, Konan could tell that this strange half-elf was only joking, and that he wasn't looking to fight. Just as well, thought Konan; that puny staff was no match for his sword.

ivan.sourceforge.net

[Edited 1 time, last edit on 7/11/2002 at 02:59 (GMT -5) by Duke Ravage]
Akron
Unregistered user
Posted on Monday, December 17, 2001 at 18:20 (GMT -5)

Her golden eyes stared at the two travellers and wind caressed gently her long hair. She squeezed the long bow in her other hand and was cautiously following the strangers with her gaze.
It sure was an odd sight: pretty muscular grim looking barbarian followed by somewhat weird looking human. Even though she had travelled for many weeks alone now and wanted to talk with someone she didn't even think coming out of the bushes. She kept her eyes on those fellows and remained hidden in the bushes. "Maybe I should follow them in to the town right after their trail",she was thinking cunningly.

[Edited at 18:25, Monday, December 17, 2001 by its autor]

[Edited 1 time, last edit on 7/11/2002 at 03:00 (GMT -5) by Duke Ravage]
Portrait
Duke Ravage
Moderator on this forum
Gravebane Zombie

Last page view:

Posted on Monday, December 17, 2001 at 19:43 (GMT -5)

"So, Konan," Meridon commented, jogging slightly to catch up with the large human. "Where are you from anyways?"
Konan opened his mouth to answer, but then froze midstride. Meridon followed his gaze and watched as a wild cat stalked into their path. Silently Konan slipped behind a rock, waiting for the cat to come within strikeing range. After a moment of confusion, Meridon realized that Konan believed the cat a threat. Laughing aloud, he waved a hand at Konan and walked towards the cat. As he first approached, the cat growled, but then it's ears pricked up. Within moments the Meridon was scratching the cat behind the ears, while the cat purred loudly. Then the cat leapt atop a rock, looked back at the strange man who had spoken to it, and then ran off into the night.

ivan.sourceforge.net

[Edited 1 time, last edit on 7/11/2002 at 03:02 (GMT -5) by Duke Ravage]
Portrait
Tha Messiah
Registered user
Angel of Death

Last page view:

Posted on Wednesday, December 19, 2001 at 14:07 (GMT -5)

Meridon grinned at Konan "Come on a big guy like you isnt afraid of a harmless cat."
Konan however looked grim and growled "I would be more careful if I were you Meridon. Them cats are dangerous. Havent you heard? They say that killing a cat is bad for your karma.Cats are a bad sign."
Meridon laughed it away "Come on that cat was friendly. Dont believe every rumor you hear Konan."
Konan just grunted.
Meridon wanting to change the subject looked more serious now "We better get a move on. This place is dangerous at night. Is that town Terinyo?" said Meridon pointing at a bright light at the end of the pass.
Konan had regained his good nature and cuffed Meridon on the back(almost knocking him over)."Lets go then. I'm feeing tired after my long journey. Ye must be tired too?"
So together the pair continued down the road towards the little town.

[Edited 1 time, last edit on 7/11/2002 at 03:03 (GMT -5) by Duke Ravage]
Portrait
Duke Ravage
Moderator on this forum
Gravebane Zombie

Last page view:

Posted on Wednesday, December 19, 2001 at 23:26 (GMT -5)

Before long the two were nearing the town. The sound of rejoicing flowed out of the town, and they could see many people out dancing, drinking, and having a good time. Exchanging confused glances, Meridon and Konan watched for a few moments before moving towards the eastern entrance to the town.
"Who goes there?" a voice came out of the darkness.
Swiftly Konan had his sword raised and ready to strike, and Meridon was paging through a book.
A man emerged from the darkness. He had two blades strapped to his belt, and his face was obscured by a large helm. When he saw the two, one with elven features, he laughed. "Don't worry, I'm not going to kill you. At least not without reason." The two slowly lowered their wepons when they noticed him not making any threatening moves. The strange man laughed again. "Good." With that he removed his helm.
Konan brought his sword up again and emmited a gutteral growl when he saw the face beneath the helm. Meridon also brought his staff to bear. The totally black skin and stark white hair of the dark elf stared back at them grinning. "Don't worry," he said again. "My name is Cameron. And no, I'm not going to enslave you, much to Lo'loth's chagrin." He grinned broadly.

ivan.sourceforge.net

[Edited 2 times, last edit on 7/11/2002 at 03:08 (GMT -5) by Duke Ravage]
Portrait
Tha Messiah
Registered user
Angel of Death

Last page view:

Posted on Wednesday, January 09, 2002 at 13:50 (GMT -5)

"So whats all the rejoicing about Cameron" inquired Meridon"Sounds like everyones having fun."
"Havent you heard?" said Cameron with a witty smile on his face.
Konan looked puzzled "Avent we 'eard what?"
Cormen laughed heartily "Its over.No more chaos.We closed the chaos gate.Ancardia is safe."
Both Meridon and Konan stared at him in utter disbelief.Meridon was the first to break the silence"What?You mean we came all this way for nothing". Cameron noticed the disheartened look on their faces and said"Look there are still lot of chaos creatures left in the chain. Someone has to finish them off."

[Edited 2 times, last edit on 7/11/2002 at 03:22 (GMT -5) by Duke Ravage]
Portrait
Duke Ravage
Moderator on this forum
Gravebane Zombie

Last page view:

Posted on Wednesday, January 09, 2002 at 16:04 (GMT -5)

Meridion sighed. "Well, there's bound to be some monster somewhere who's gonna try and reunite them all..." He looked at the sky, which was begining to cloud over. "Lets get to the town. I'm sorry, what did you say the name was?"
"Terinyo. Quaint little town, I think you'll like it." Cameron turned and led them back towards the town. "My friends and I managed to hack our way down to the Chaos Gate and shut it... A few of us are still here. The others... those who survived and didn't stay here... are in the town, leading the celebrations."

ivan.sourceforge.net

[Edited 1 time, last edit on 7/11/2002 at 03:20 (GMT -5) by Duke Ravage]
Portrait
Iridia
Registered user
YASD

Last page view:

3747 days, 21 hours, 41 minutes and 34 seconds ago.
Posted on Saturday, January 26, 2002 at 00:30 (GMT -5)

Iridia dropped her packful of mithril ore to the ground to rest for a moment, leaning against the wall of Terinyo's only shop. "So," she thought, "my quest has finally begun. I've always been told I'd end up following my father's footsteps, but not quite like this..."

Her world had changed not long after she had come of age and ended her apprenticeship in her father's mine. For many months now there had been rumors of a return of Chaos, but they had, until then, been only rumors, until one day a Chaos warlord attacked the small underground village that had been her home. Her father finally managed to slay it, but not until it had killed her older brother and several villagers.

Iridia had wanted to accompany her father when he went to avenge his son, but he had adamantly refused, saying that she and her twin brother should stay and work the mines.

Her father had never come back; her brother had been killed by yet another attack by Chaos creatures; that was when the village was taken. Iridia managed to escape only because she had been working the mines when it all had happened.

She hadn't been there when her brother had died, fighting Chaos. Next time, she vowed, I will not be such a coward.

She would stay the night in Terinyo, then set out.
Die Gedanken sind Frei

[Edited 2 times, last edit on 7/11/2002 at 02:32 (GMT -5) by Duke Ravage]
Portrait
Duke Ravage
Moderator on this forum
Gravebane Zombie

Last page view:

Posted on Friday, February 15, 2002 at 22:57 (GMT -5)

Sleep wasn't likely, however, what with the villagers all drinking and partying at all hours. ten of them had taken to drunkenly trying to hoist an drunk troll, named Amanda, onto their shoulders, with the intent of carrying her about the town. And she had to keep a wary eye out; there was a gnome wandering out, drunkenly stealing from even drunker villagers. She couldn't see the gnome as it was; he was probably sneaking about, sliding gear out of the pockets of farmers. No, there he was; from what it looked like, he was succesfully (and drunkenly) flirting with a young woman.
There was a disturbance off on the fringe of the village. Iridia sighed; the dark elf was back. Now there would be another center of the partying. It looked like he wasn't alone, though. Behind him, looking rather uncomfortable following a dark elf -- and with good reason, considering the reputation of the dark elven race. Ah well. Things didn't look good for sleep.
She wished Frank had stayed. From what she had heard from Muxnip, the shopkeeper, while he was still in the village the powerful elven wisard had often summoned up spectacular shows at night, launching advanced fireballs up into the darkened sky, even making some of different color. Once he had experimentally tried a spell he and another elf had been working on, an "Advanced Lightning Ball". According to Yaggaz (not a very good source of information, considering that he was always drunk -- which ment he was drunk off his feet at the moment), it had been "spectabuofublas".
As long as she was still up, she supposed she could greet the newcomers. Perhaps they were going in the same direction as her.

ivan.sourceforge.net

[Edited 2 times, last edit on 7/11/2002 at 02:41 (GMT -5) by Duke Ravage]
Portrait
Iridia
Registered user
YASD

Last page view:

Posted on Sunday, February 17, 2002 at 00:14 (GMT -5)

Meridon spotted her first; what he noted most about her was that she wasn't as drunk as the rest of the town. The dwarf certainly looked out of place in the midst of the happy rabble celebrating the defeat of Chaos.

"Hey. I'm Konan. Why aren't you celebrating?" asked the barbarian.

"I'm Iridia, and there's nothing to celebrate," said the dwarf. "My village celebrated too, when Chaos was defeated. Now there's no one left to celebrate anything. I'm the only one left."

"What do you mean?" demanded Meridon.

"Chaos is back. Those people--" she gestured towards the drunken celebrants of assorted races,"--won't know it for a while, but it's back. We managed to drive off their first attack, but the second one devastated our village. I'm going to try to avenge my family."

"So, it isn't over," Cormen said.

"No. It never was."
Die Gedanken sind Frei
Portrait
Duke Ravage
Moderator on this forum
Gravebane Zombie

Last page view:

Posted on Sunday, February 17, 2002 at 03:37 (GMT -5)

"And," said a voice, "it never will be." A wizened old man steped out of the shadows. He looked like he'd been through a lot. He wore the insignia of a village elder.
Meridon leaned on his staff, slightly confused. "But how can Chaos be back? You said it yourself, Cormen. The gate is shut. Where is it coming from?"
"I'm not sure. Frank, before leaving, expressed concern about the cave to the southeast. The chaos was strong enough there to turn Yriggs, our carpenter, into a sort of chaos being, until he was saved by a healer that made his residence in the cave. Recently partys of hobgoblins have been wandering about the forests near here. The groups seem to be coming out of that cave. That might be a good place to start looking for Chaos - if that is, indeed, what you seek. And while you are down there, you may be able to save the life of an inocent, for to the best of our knowledge, Jharod, the healer, is still in there."
Konan shruged. "I'm up for a quest. Hobgoblins are, after all, pretty nasty little buggers. How 'bout you three?"
Iridia hefted her axe. "Unless something else comes up, lets go."
"And you two? Meridon?"
"Sure. Who knows what sort of animals live down in that cave that might be bein tortured by those creatures?"
Cormen, however, shook his head. "I'm really sorry. Much as I would like to help you slaughter a tribe of these things, I recieved a message calling my back to my home nation. They are under attack by a combined army of trolls, orcs, and ogres; my lord wants me to aid in the defence."
"Well then," sighed Meridon, "I geuss it's just us three. Shall we?"

ivan.sourceforge.net

[Edited 1 time, last edit on 7/11/2002 at 02:43 (GMT -5) by Duke Ravage]
FierySam
Registered user
Homeless

Last page view:

7230 days, 4 hours, 42 minutes and 30 seconds ago.
Posted on Saturday, March 09, 2002 at 10:27 (GMT -5)

IC:''Forgetting someone are we now?'' said the loud humanish- voice.
'' You're not going without me!!! I love killing and eating hobgoblians.I can't believe you didn't hear or see me... thought th great Iridia would notice me but she didn't... what a dissapointment. Shall we be going?''
th three looked about thmselves. Should they hav this unknown stranger accompy them??

Portrait
Iridia
Registered user
YASD

Last page view:

Posted on Tuesday, March 12, 2002 at 01:27 (GMT -5)

"I noticed," said Iridia defensively. "I just didn't mention it."

"Uh-huh. Sure. So, I'm coming with you?" demanded the voice. Its owner stepped into the torchlight. It was an orc.

Iridia held her axe at ready, expecting an attack. "Who are you, and what do you want?" she said.

"I am Fire, a master alchemist." The orc opened his pack to show an array of potions. He lifted a gray, muddy-looking bottle out. "This will heal severe wounds in an instant. This," he said, showing a bright red liquid, "will make its drinker invisible for three hours." A clear liquid-- "will blind an enemy instantly."

The alchemist closed his pack. "What I want is to come with you. It's simple: You need my skills, and I need your protection. I come with you, you won't regret it."

The companions looked at each other, silently conferring on the decision. Meridon, then Konan, nodded to Iridia, who turned to Fire. "Meet Meridon and Konan. We plan to camp in the wilderness tonight. You ready to leave?"

"Any time you are."

The party left the relatively secure village and spent the first half of the night journeying through the woodlands between them and the cave.

"I've heard there are outlaws in these woods," Konan commented. "Be on the alert."

Die Gedanken sind Frei
Portrait
Duke Ravage
Moderator on this forum
Gravebane Zombie

Last page view:

Posted on Tuesday, March 12, 2002 at 01:49 (GMT -5)

"Outlaws may be the least of our problems. From what the Elder said, the hobgoblins might attack during the night." Meridon paused, leaning heavily on his staff. "Let's rest for the night. I, for one, haven't slept well in days, and need the rest."
With a sigh, Iridia dropped her pack. "I agree. But what with hobgoblins and outlaws, not to mention the local wildlife out there, we should set watches throughout the night. Fire, considering that you're an orc and orcs are nocturnal, you ought to take first watch."

ivan.sourceforge.net
FierySam
Registered user
Homeless

Last page view:

Posted on Tuesday, March 12, 2002 at 09:45 (GMT -5)

They reached outside to the welcoming dusk.
'' If you find a stomafillia herb, a potion of carrot juice and crystal of knowledge tell me. And I mean it.'' said Fire.
As they made camp, Fire stood watch over the ast wilderness called Ancardia.

[Edited 1 time, last edit on 7/11/2002 at 02:49 (GMT -5) by Duke Ravage]
Portrait
Iridia
Registered user
YASD

Last page view:

Posted on Tuesday, March 12, 2002 at 15:28 (GMT -5)

The first watch of the night passed uneventfully while the stars slid silently over the deceptively peaceful Ancardian hillsides. The moon set, and darkness covered the land.

Fire stretched, preparing to wake one of the others to take the next watch. He turned towards his companions; then abruptly spun back to face the hillsides again. Had he seen anything? No, he hadn't... a firefly, perhaps...

He could not see what was behind the hills that blocked his view--a line of torches, headed towards Terinyo...

Fire shrugged and turned to wake up his replacement. He probably hadn't seen anything, after all...
Die Gedanken sind Frei

[Edited 7 times, last edit on 7/11/2002 at 02:50 (GMT -5) by Duke Ravage]
FierySam
Registered user
Homeless

Last page view:

Posted on Wednesday, March 13, 2002 at 17:09 (GMT -5)

Fire takes out a potion. He looks at it but cannot clearly see the label. He took it and drank. Now he shook Meridon.
''Meridon.'' No answer. ''Meridon!'' Still no answer. ''MERIDON!!!'' Still no answer.
''Oh my The One Who Kills... Hes out lik a damn log!''... Sunddenly Fire saw black. HE DRANK HIS POTION OF BLINDNESS By ACCIDENT! He let out a pierceing scream which awoke the others.

FierySam
Registered user
Homeless

Last page view:

Posted on Wednesday, March 13, 2002 at 21:00 (GMT -5)

Meridon was first to reach Fire.
'' Whats wrong my orcish friend?'' Meridon said.
'' I lost my eyesight by drinking a potion of blindness by accident. I cant read as well as elves.. Please give me a sparkled potion from my sack.''
The group lookd at each othr, trying to hid their laughter. Meridon lookd through the sack and found it. It had some stranmge bumps on it.
'' Is this it?''
'' NO, this is a deafing potion.'' Fire said, scared. They looked at him in amazement...
'' The bumps are my way of knowing my potions in case this happened.'' The others were speechless...

Portrait
Iridia
Registered user
YASD

Last page view:

Posted on Monday, March 18, 2002 at 00:24 (GMT -5)

"Um, Fire, does that stuff wear off?" Iridia asked the alchemist.

"Yeah. It takes a couple of hours, but it does. I oughta be able to see by morning." The alchemist had obviously made this mistake before, the dwarf thought to herself.

"What did you mean to drink, anyway?"

"Farsight potion. Thought I saw something. Don't think it was much, now. Bear, maybe."

"Ah," Meridon remarked, "If it was, I'd know how to deal with it. I'll take the next watch, just in case."

The rest of the night passed without event, though Fire's companions could have slept better if the orc had not made it a habit to snore so loudly. As dawn streaked the sky, the alchemist opened his eyes.

"Ah, that's better," he remarked. "I can see again. Hey, you lazy lumps." He prodded the nearest sleepy bundle with a toe. "Get up."

The group broke camp and readied themselves to travel again. By noon, they had reached the mountains to the west. As they reached the crest of the last hill, Konan pointed out a jagged hole in the mountainsides. "The healer's cave," he said. "Ha, ye can smell the hobgoblins from here!"

As they approached the cave, the rest of the group could smell it too, a foul odor of filth and decay.

Konan readied his sword and lead them into the dank underground tunnels...

Die Gedanken sind Frei

[Edited 1 time, last edit on 7/11/2002 at 02:08 (GMT -5) by Duke Ravage]
FierySam
Registered user
Homeless

Last page view:

Posted on Monday, March 18, 2002 at 16:05 (GMT -5)

IC: As Konan reached the cave, a wild boar came out. It was as huge as the Great Karmic Worm itself...

[Edited 1 time, last edit on 7/11/2002 at 02:09 (GMT -5) by Duke Ravage]
Portrait
Iridia
Registered user
YASD

Last page view:

Posted on Monday, March 18, 2002 at 20:36 (GMT -5)

[IC] Giant boars were famed for their strength and ferocity; Iridia knew that unless one of her friends had resources she didn't know about, they were all doomed. "Any ideas, anyone? What do we do now?" she hissed to the others. Gratefully, Iridia saw the boar had yet to notice them...

Die Gedanken sind Frei

[Edited 2 times, last edit on 7/11/2002 at 02:11 (GMT -5) by Duke Ravage]
Portrait
Tha Messiah
Registered user
Angel of Death

Last page view:

Posted on Tuesday, March 19, 2002 at 13:33 (GMT -5)

IC:Konan lifted his sword high in the air ready to hit the boar but someone restrained him from behind.He looked behind him to see Meridon gesturing him to stand down."You cant kill that with your sword Konan.Dont be a fool.Besides its just a baby boar."
Konan felt insulted "What d ya mean I cant handle that.What are you going to do anyway sing to it?"
Meridon smiled brushing off Konan's sarcasm."Watch and learn" he said.Konan's jaw dropped when he saw Meridon stride right up to the boar....

[Edited 1 time, last edit on 7/11/2002 at 02:12 (GMT -5) by Duke Ravage]
Portrait
Duke Ravage
Moderator on this forum
Gravebane Zombie

Last page view:

Posted on Wednesday, March 20, 2002 at 22:38 (GMT -5)

As his companions watched in awe, Meridon approached the massive, incenced boar. As he came nearer, he noticed the source of it's agitation. It's tusks were bloodied, and several spears were sticking out of it's tough hide. It caught sight of Meridon, but didn't charge; it simply snorted softly and sniffed at him. After a few sniffs, Meridon patted it on the nose and set about removing the weapons in it's side.
He didn't get the chance to remove any, however, as three hobgoblins came screaming from the cave, waving various implements of injury and screaming vile obcenitys. The boar was startled, and already being injured, charged off into the hills away from the cave and it's angry inhabitants.

ivan.sourceforge.net

[Edited 1 time, last edit on 7/11/2002 at 02:13 (GMT -5) by Duke Ravage]
Portrait
Tha Messiah
Registered user
Angel of Death

Last page view:

Posted on Tuesday, March 26, 2002 at 15:40 (GMT -5)

Now that the boar had fled the hobgoblins turned their attention to Meridon. One of the goblins stared at Meridon spitefully and raised his weapon menacingly and shrieked "Ye art a stinking bugresh!" But before he took another step he heard a horribly loud war cry. The startled goblin whirled around to see the most fearsome sight he had ever seen. Thundering through the bushes were three fearsome figures. A large human,a dwarf and an orc were charging straight for him. Without a second's thought the three goblins dashed back into the cave.
"Did ya see em run?" guffawed Konan. He seemed to have enjoyed the sight. Fire looked pleased with himself too. Meridon however was silent. Irida looked around examining the cave entrance. "We best get going. That poor healer isnt going to get out of there without our help."
Konan was all ready "Lets go then, my sword's achin' fer blood."
Irida led they way with Knonan and Meridon behind her.Fire brought up the rear.The stairs were so narrow that they could only move in single file.So without further ado the group desended into the smelly little dungeon...

[Edited 2 times, last edit on 7/11/2002 at 02:15 (GMT -5) by Duke Ravage]
Portrait
Iridia
Registered user
YASD

Last page view:

Posted on Thursday, March 28, 2002 at 02:26 (GMT -5)

[IC]Iridia grunted in annoyance. Three passages branched off from the cave's entrance, giving no clue as to which way the hobgoblins had gone.

"They'll be reporting to their superiors now. Whatever's down there is going to know we're coming," Meridon noted. "And we don't know which way they went."

"I don't think we should split up," Iridia said, "I think we're better off watching each other's backs." The others agreed, and the party continued down one of the three passages.

An even more disgusting odor than before met their nostrils as they entered a large chamber. The floor was covered with dirty straw, on which decomposing scraps that might have been cloth, lay. The room was deserted except for various small animals that infested the straw; Konan made short work of two rats that sprang to attack the party. Fire grabbed the corpses and stuffed them into his pack.

"They must live here," Iridia said, turning away in disgust. "Ugh."

Further down the passage was another chamber. On its walls were hooks on which weapons could be stored. Except for some particularly rusted and broken blades, the hooks were empty. The fires of a forge at one end of the room had burned down to embers. The room was as deserted as the last had been.

"I have a bad feeling about this," Meridon commented.

"You and me both," Iridia agreed. "They've obviously been here, but where are they now?"
Die Gedanken sind Frei

[Edited 2 times, last edit on 3/28/2002 at 02:42 (GMT -5) by Iridia]
Portrait
Duke Ravage
Moderator on this forum
Gravebane Zombie

Last page view:

Posted on Monday, April 01, 2002 at 13:22 (GMT -5)

A sudden pattering of feet behind them and a sharp increase in the intensity of the stench told them exactly where the hobgoblins were. At least a score of them were behind the four adventurers.
One of them was mounted on a huge wolf and was carrying a scimitar in one hand and a small shield in the other. Except for this equipment, he was naked. He appeared to be the leader of the group. His mount paced him forewards a couple yards, and he shouted something in a rough tounge. Restlessly his command shifted forewards slightly.
Konan moved in front of Meridon and Fire, as did Iridia. The fact that neither of the two were particularly adept at combat made this a good move. All four of them brought out their weapons, and Meridon began chanting something in an arcane language.

ivan.sourceforge.net

[Edited 1 time, last edit on 7/11/2002 at 02:20 (GMT -5) by Duke Ravage]
Go to page 1 2 3 4

Color mixer:
Red: Green: Blue: HTML color code: result:      
Your Name: Check to login:

Your Message:

Read the
formating help
Are you a spambot? Yes No Maybe Huh?
Create poll? Yes No   What is this?
Poll question: