Register new account
Edit account
Search

Ancient Domains Of Mystery, forum overview / Spoilers / Necromancers

Online users ( Unknown)
Application object not working properly at the moment, no clue who is online...

* Numbers in parentheses are the number of minutes since the user last loaded a page. Logged-in users time out after 40 minutes (unless they manually log out), lurkers and anonymous posters after 20.

Portrait
*Chaos Muffin*
Registered user
Chaotic Awesome

Last page view:

6123 days, 12 hours, 49 minutes and 38 seconds ago.
Posted on Thursday, April 20, 2006 at 21:48 (GMT -5)

Finally decided to play one of these, so picked a Troll, born under the candle, played very evil from the start, got precrowned with Preserver (he heals real fast :p) Havent done any lawful quests, did do the graveyard quest though, although i didnt get the reward as i killed all of Dwarf town when i returned (plan to go back to terinyo, eat the puppy in front of girl and tell blup that i ate his mum >:O> found 2 rings of Djinn and a wand of wishing (used primarily to up my willpower(yay!) Im finally high enough level to use he (dreaded) shadow touch and my question is: with rings of slaying and gloves of smiting is it worth it to use this styley skill or should i stick with my orcish spear of penetration and eternium tower shield combo?
*<< Words go here >>*
Some guy
Registered user
I'm baaaack.

Last page view:

5602 days, 6 hours, 43 minutes and 3 seconds ago.
Posted on Friday, April 21, 2006 at 17:19 (GMT -5)

It just depends on how much you want to roleplay. Being the practical player that I am, I would use the spear and shield. But I also wouldn't have done the evil acts you've done already. It's really up to you.
The following is a real Adom message:

The homunculus hits you. You suddenly fall asleep! Do you want to continue to read the spellbook of Calm Monster? [y/N]
Darren Grey
Registered user

Last page view:

4238 days, 8 hours, 11 minutes and 16 seconds ago.
Posted on Saturday, April 22, 2006 at 09:59 (GMT -5)

I'd say feel free to switch between them whenever necessary. I don't know how powerful the shadow touch is, but I doubt it would be overly useful against the likes of molochs and grues.
Waldenbrook, the dwarven shopkeeper, mumbles: "I'd offer 9 gold pieces for yer dwarven child corpse."
johndoe
Unregistered user
Posted on Saturday, May 27, 2006 at 05:23 (GMT -5)

I tryed my first necromancer while ago, but I got annoyed by my slaves...
When ever I find a powerfull corpse( the hight lvl ones in small cave for example) and animate them, they "adjust to power" and become plain weak.
Slaves also doesnt seem to lvl up like my pets. Only when I lvl up they adjust to power again and become stronger.
Am i doing something wrong, or do they just level up damn slow?
Only good use of them for me was to kill cats.
hearter
Unregistered user
Posted on Monday, August 14, 2006 at 00:18 (GMT -5)

shadow touch is damned strong if you have buffed your strength by =oW. its much better than weapons 'of vampirism' because vampirism weapons only leech a small fraction of hitpoints whereas shadow touch leeches hitpoints equal to the damage you deal. i haven't played adom in about a year so i might be completely wrong with this. but this is just what i remember from my necromancer days.

Color mixer:
Red: Green: Blue: HTML color code: result:      
Your Name: Check to login:

Your Message:

Read the
formating help
Are you a spambot? Yes No Maybe Huh?
Create poll? Yes No   What is this?
Poll question: