Register new account
Edit account
Search

Ancient Domains Of Mystery, forum overview / Spoilers / Cure sickness? Go for a walk !

Online users ( Unknown)
Application object not working properly at the moment, no clue who is online...

* Numbers in parentheses are the number of minutes since the user last loaded a page. Logged-in users time out after 40 minutes (unless they manually log out), lurkers and anonymous posters after 20.

Jules
Registered user

Last page view:

4742 days, 15 hours, 52 minutes and 19 seconds ago.
Posted on Friday, May 19, 2006 at 10:56 (GMT -5)

My last two characters both became sick after being hit by rats. One, the last was level 1, the other level 9. The first (lvl 9) used First Aid skill several times, mostly unsuccessful, but in a desperate attempt for a cure went from PC to Hole in the Law. Before he got there, he suddenly felt better.

So my last character when sick at level 1, went down to 3hp (wizard, so not great stats), no point even trying First Aid, went for a walk in the wilderness.
After a short period, the same message, you feel better.
It would appear that the you have one last fit message either isnt generated, or it is matched by wilderness healing.

Excellent, sickness is no longer an issue.
Portrait
*Chaos Muffin*
Registered user
Chaotic Awesome

Last page view:

6096 days, 10 hours, 9 minutes and 44 seconds ago.
Posted on Friday, May 19, 2006 at 19:22 (GMT -5)

I think it does, i had a human something have one last fit in the wilderness and went to -12 hp
*<< Words go here >>*
Darren Grey
Registered user

Last page view:

4211 days, 5 hours, 31 minutes and 22 seconds ago.
Posted on Saturday, May 20, 2006 at 05:31 (GMT -5)

The "one last fit" message doesn't always happen, but it does usually happen (wilderness or no). There are lots of other ways of guaranteed sickness curing - probably the most available at low levels being potions of healing which can sometimes do the trick (though not 100% of the time).
Waldenbrook, the dwarven shopkeeper, mumbles: "I'd offer 9 gold pieces for yer dwarven child corpse."
Gozer
Unregistered user
Posted on Sunday, May 21, 2006 at 05:26 (GMT -5)

Or you could just pray. Unless, of course, you have "used up" all your piety in which case you DESERVE to die!
Silfir
Registered user
Writer of Overly Long Guides

Last page view:

4040 days, 6 hours, 13 minutes and 32 seconds ago.
Posted on Sunday, May 21, 2006 at 16:59 (GMT -5)

Actually, praying doesn't quite work. It will first heal you to full HP, after which you are wracked by feverish fits and go away from full HP. If you then pray again, you are again fully healed, only to suffer from yet another feverish fit... This goes on and on, you'll never be healed from the actual sickness. Or could it be that the gods I pray to tend to be either very malicious or just plain stupid?

If you *do* know the trick to actually heal your sickness by prayer, please tell me!

Oh, if we're talking about ways to cure sickness, don't forget Jharod can heal sickness too... If you haven't asked him for help too often.
You drop the golden ball.
You kick the golden ball. It slides to the west.
Suddenly Harry Potter, the apprentice wizard, appears! "That's not how you play Quidditch! are you even listening?"
Which direction? (123456789) 4
Harry Potter, the apprentice wizard, is hit by a bolt of acid! Harry Potter, the apprentice wizard, is annihilated.
You hear the ecstatic cries of a large crowd!

[Edited 1 time, last edit on 5/21/2006 at 17:06 (GMT -5) by Silfir]
Molach
Registered user
Lord of DurisMud

Last page view:

5113 days, 11 hours, 25 minutes and 45 seconds ago.
Posted on Saturday, June 03, 2006 at 06:31 (GMT -5)

Yeah I think there are different types of sickness, and some give last fit. Must somehow be connected to how you contracted them, but I don't remember which are which
ej
Unregistered user
Posted on Sunday, June 04, 2006 at 07:55 (GMT -5)

no guys, it's the healing skill
J P
Unregistered user
Posted on Friday, June 23, 2006 at 12:00 (GMT -5)

Praying can cure sickness I had my wizard cure it, by praying at an altar.
ej
Unregistered user
Posted on Friday, June 23, 2006 at 16:46 (GMT -5)

yea praying works sometimes, I think it depends on how sick are, the sicker you are the lower your hp becomes and the less likely your god will cure it because then it's will see the low hp as a higher priority. maybe praying 2 times in a row works sometimes, one to cure hp and then one to cure sickness, but sometimes the wracked by feverish fits will instantly bring your hp back to very low, and then your god wil just heal your hp again.

Also something odd, I noticed that potions of healing only work when you aren't on full hp, So if you become sick and drink a potion of healing before you get your first wracked by feverish fits
it will just say this potion tastes very good.
mattam
Unregistered user
Posted on Saturday, June 24, 2006 at 11:21 (GMT -5)

where you pray is irrelevant. The gods just don't look that close: If you are at full hitpoints, sick and pray. they wonder "Hmm... he obviously doesn't want healing. How are his Power Points? Full too? Ok. So why are you bugging me? Sick you are poor little follower. Ok. I'll do it" But curing sickness costs more piety than a simple HP restor iirc.

Color mixer:
Red: Green: Blue: HTML color code: result:      
Your Name: Check to login:

Your Message:

Read the
formating help
Are you a spambot? Yes No Maybe Huh?
Create poll? Yes No   What is this?
Poll question: