Register new account
Edit account
Search

Ancient Domains Of Mystery, forum overview / Spoilers / Casting a wish

Online users ( Unknown)
Application object not working properly at the moment, no clue who is online...

* Numbers in parentheses are the number of minutes since the user last loaded a page. Logged-in users time out after 40 minutes (unless they manually log out), lurkers and anonymous posters after 20.

Jules
Registered user

Last page view:

4764 days, 14 minutes and 37 seconds ago.
Posted on Tuesday, May 23, 2006 at 13:18 (GMT -5)

For the first time ever, my character has the spellbook wish.
Pretty confident I can learn it, Le 29, level 23 etc. But I may have to wait some time before I can cast it. Mana 350 isnt even going to be close.
However when I can cast it, what are the consequences?

Are there any tactics that can make casting wish worthwhile?

I may not cast it at all, as this character is going places, Tower and Library done, deep dive in progress.
Portrait
Morio
Registered user
Holy Champion of ADoM

Last page view:

3891 days, 12 hours, 9 minutes and 40 seconds ago.
Posted on Tuesday, May 23, 2006 at 13:32 (GMT -5)

You should only cast wish if you really, really, really need to (unless going for an archamge), since you will lose 10 points of a random stat, if you're lucky this stat might be appearance or charisma, but if you're not, hte stat might an important one, like strength, willpower, toughness...

A normal spellcaster usually doesn't get enough spellpoints to cast wish, under normal circumstances anyway.

I don't think I've ever used the wish spell, with a normal character, only with my archmage a while ago.
"I don't know what World War 3 will be fought with, but I know World War 4 with be fought with sticks and stones." - Albert Einstein
Silfir
Registered user
Writer of Overly Long Guides

Last page view:

4061 days, 14 hours, 35 minutes and 50 seconds ago.
Posted on Tuesday, May 23, 2006 at 16:54 (GMT -5)

Wizards (or maybe priests) on Level 50 on Silvernight (or Darknight?) have best chances. But seriously, if you're badass enough to cast it, you don't need it anymore anyway.
You drop the golden ball.
You kick the golden ball. It slides to the west.
Suddenly Harry Potter, the apprentice wizard, appears! "That's not how you play Quidditch! are you even listening?"
Which direction? (123456789) 4
Harry Potter, the apprentice wizard, is hit by a bolt of acid! Harry Potter, the apprentice wizard, is annihilated.
You hear the ecstatic cries of a large crowd!
Molach
Registered user
Lord of DurisMud

Last page view:

5134 days, 19 hours, 48 minutes and 3 seconds ago.
Posted on Saturday, June 03, 2006 at 06:42 (GMT -5)

Its not as hard as it sounds.
You can use your health to cast, and that counts double.
Silvernight halves the cost, making it 1500.
Wear stuff that increases hp and mana (armors of life and power are good)
400 hp and 700 mp is enough.
You could also use boost stat potions (mana or toughness best) to reach these limits, if there is something you desperately need.

I once managed to do this to get an amulet of life saving at level 30 or so (Really wanted to save Khelly)

Color mixer:
Red: Green: Blue: HTML color code: result:      
Your Name: Check to login:

Your Message:

Read the
formating help
Are you a spambot? Yes No Maybe Huh?
Create poll? Yes No   What is this?
Poll question: