Register new account
Edit account
Search

Ancient Domains Of Mystery, forum overview / Spoilers / Greater Titans - How To Kill?

Online users ( Unknown)
Application object not working properly at the moment, no clue who is online...

* Numbers in parentheses are the number of minutes since the user last loaded a page. Logged-in users time out after 40 minutes (unless they manually log out), lurkers and anonymous posters after 20.

Silfir
Registered user
Writer of Overly Long Guides

Last page view:

4068 days, 8 hours and 57 seconds ago.
Posted on Sunday, June 11, 2006 at 14:26 (GMT -5)

Here's the thing. I encountered a greater titan on the earth temple level (Mixed tension room). My lvl 27 high elven fighter was nearly shot to death and wisely decided to get the hell away... What should I do now? What does it take to beat a greater titan? Level 35? 40? Any strategies on fighting them, something that works? I don't have enough giant slaying ammo at the moment... And having only Rolf's Companion for damage won't cut it.

Or should I completely forget about killing that behemoth and try to lure him the level above me so I can at least clear out the Earth temple in peace?
You drop the golden ball.
You kick the golden ball. It slides to the west.
Suddenly Harry Potter, the apprentice wizard, appears! "That's not how you play Quidditch! are you even listening?"
Which direction? (123456789) 4
Harry Potter, the apprentice wizard, is hit by a bolt of acid! Harry Potter, the apprentice wizard, is annihilated.
You hear the ecstatic cries of a large crowd!
ChaosM
Unregistered user
Posted on Sunday, June 11, 2006 at 22:12 (GMT -5)

Humanoid slaying, paralyzation, poison and magic missiles, and potions of blindness, confusion and sickness.
Darren Grey
Registered user

Last page view:

4239 days, 7 hours, 18 minutes and 47 seconds ago.
Posted on Monday, June 12, 2006 at 15:01 (GMT -5)

Remember that mixed tension rooms tend to be a few levels above yours, so they're always a bit tougher. It's important to disable its missiles (the aforementioned blindness, confusion and paralysis all help) and then pincushion it with humanoid slaying arrows (or normal arrows of slaying if available).
Waldenbrook, the dwarven shopkeeper, mumbles: "I'd offer 9 gold pieces for yer dwarven child corpse."
Silfir
Registered user
Writer of Overly Long Guides

Last page view:

4068 days, 8 hours and 57 seconds ago.
Posted on Monday, June 12, 2006 at 18:30 (GMT -5)

I know about mixed tension rooms, but thank you ;) I killed it with poisoned humanoid slaying quarrels. In the meantime, the character has even won the game!

Thanks for your help :)
You drop the golden ball.
You kick the golden ball. It slides to the west.
Suddenly Harry Potter, the apprentice wizard, appears! "That's not how you play Quidditch! are you even listening?"
Which direction? (123456789) 4
Harry Potter, the apprentice wizard, is hit by a bolt of acid! Harry Potter, the apprentice wizard, is annihilated.
You hear the ecstatic cries of a large crowd!

Color mixer:
Red: Green: Blue: HTML color code: result:      
Your Name: Check to login:

Your Message:

Read the
formating help
Are you a spambot? Yes No Maybe Huh?
Create poll? Yes No   What is this?
Poll question: