Register new account
Edit account
Search

Ancient Domains Of Mystery, forum overview / Spoilers / Enormous loss

Online users ( Unknown)
Application object not working properly at the moment, no clue who is online...

* Numbers in parentheses are the number of minutes since the user last loaded a page. Logged-in users time out after 40 minutes (unless they manually log out), lurkers and anonymous posters after 20.

Wily
Registered user
Dirty Hippy

Last page view:

6456 days, 16 hours, 39 minutes and 10 seconds ago.
Posted on Thursday, June 29, 2006 at 09:09 (GMT -5)

I just dug up Griff Bloodaxe's grave and I recieved the message "you feel an enormous loss"

Uh oh.

What does that mean?

This is probably the farthest I've been with any of my characters I hope I didn't mess things up too much!
Portrait
Morio
Registered user
Holy Champion of ADoM

Last page view:

3870 days, 11 hours, 47 minutes and 37 seconds ago.
Posted on Thursday, June 29, 2006 at 13:26 (GMT -5)

Did you pour holy water on the grave before digging it up. I don't know if that has anything to do with it, but I don't think you can pour holy water on it after you've dug it up, since there isn't any grave left to pour it on.
"I don't know what World War 3 will be fought with, but I know World War 4 with be fought with sticks and stones." - Albert Einstein
Silfir
Registered user
Writer of Overly Long Guides

Last page view:

4040 days, 14 hours, 13 minutes and 47 seconds ago.
Posted on Thursday, June 29, 2006 at 19:37 (GMT -5)

If this means you can't fulfill the portal quest anymore, I'm afraid you'll have to kill Thrundarr or something like that to activate the lever to be able to venture farther in the CoC.

My suggestion would be to try and gather the Ring of the High Kings and the Fire Orb. Then, if you did all of the other quests Thrundarr gave you, try to get Thrundarr away from the stairs, (h)andle them, and teleport to the down staircase. Try to get straight through until you reach the shortcut. Now you won't have to visit Dwarftown ever again.
You drop the golden ball.
You kick the golden ball. It slides to the west.
Suddenly Harry Potter, the apprentice wizard, appears! "That's not how you play Quidditch! are you even listening?"
Which direction? (123456789) 4
Harry Potter, the apprentice wizard, is hit by a bolt of acid! Harry Potter, the apprentice wizard, is annihilated.
You hear the ecstatic cries of a large crowd!
Portrait
Morio
Registered user
Holy Champion of ADoM

Last page view:

Posted on Friday, June 30, 2006 at 08:19 (GMT -5)

no, this certainly doesn't mean that you can't fullfill the the portal quest. I'm guessing you have already completed the quest by killing Griff Bloodaxe (atleast I usually kill all the stuff in the big room before digging up the grave).
"I don't know what World War 3 will be fought with, but I know World War 4 with be fought with sticks and stones." - Albert Einstein
Portrait
Battle bunny
Registered user
I'm just that cool

Last page view:

5799 days, 9 hours, 49 minutes and 16 seconds ago.
Posted on Friday, June 30, 2006 at 11:08 (GMT -5)

I actually think you lost a pet and were lawful. Nothing to do with Griff Bloodax.
(\_/)
(o.0)
(> <)
( / \ )

Don't click this
http://www.mindistortion.net/iwantyoursoul/?i_am=Darkcutter
Wily
Registered user
Dirty Hippy

Last page view:

6456 days, 16 hours, 39 minutes and 10 seconds ago.
Posted on Friday, June 30, 2006 at 18:27 (GMT -5)

Hi there.
I had no pets, and I was still able to complete the quest.I never did poor holy water on it. Not sure what the message ment. I ended up being killed in the Dwarven Halls by Frost Giant Berserker :(

[Edited 1 time, last edit on 6/30/2006 at 18:28 (GMT -5) by Wily]
Silfir
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Friday, June 30, 2006 at 18:27 (GMT -5)

Guess I was misinformed. You will still be able to fulfill the quest. There is a very slight decrease in quality for your rewards, though.
Suddenly Harry Potter, the apprentice wizard, appears! "That's not how you play Quidditch! are you even listening?"
Harry Potter, the apprentice wizard, is hit by a bolt of acid! Harry Potter, the apprentice wizard, is annihilated.
Darren Grey
Registered user

Last page view:

4211 days, 13 hours, 31 minutes and 37 seconds ago.
Posted on Sunday, July 02, 2006 at 07:35 (GMT -5)

According to the guidebook there's no change in rewards and no lwaful boost from pouring holy water on the grave. I think it's just a flavour element added to the game.
Waldenbrook, the dwarven shopkeeper, mumbles: "I'd offer 9 gold pieces for yer dwarven child corpse."
Silfir
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Sunday, July 02, 2006 at 19:13 (GMT -5)

I the Guidebook example, the wands had less charges without the holy water :P
Molach unplugged
Unregistered user
Posted on Friday, July 07, 2006 at 19:33 (GMT -5)

And that could be random mabye.

Pouring holy water will destroy the purple Z wont it? Even tho I always have to kill him face to face before I get to the grave
Portrait
Morio
Registered user
Holy Champion of ADoM

Last page view:

Posted on Saturday, July 08, 2006 at 03:37 (GMT -5)

Yes, pouring holy water on the grave will destroy Griff Bloodaxe

Color mixer:
Red: Green: Blue: HTML color code: result:      
Your Name: Check to login:

Your Message:

Read the
formating help
Are you a spambot? Yes No Maybe Huh?
Create poll? Yes No   What is this?
Poll question: