Register new account
Edit account
Search

Ancient Domains Of Mystery, forum overview / Spoilers / Preparing for Ultimate Win

Online users ( Unknown)
Application object not working properly at the moment, no clue who is online...

* Numbers in parentheses are the number of minutes since the user last loaded a page. Logged-in users time out after 40 minutes (unless they manually log out), lurkers and anonymous posters after 20.

Portrait
Kirbot
Registered user
BattleHax0r of Devastation

Last page view:

5879 days, 2 hours, 33 minutes and 6 seconds ago.
Posted on Monday, July 24, 2006 at 22:59 (GMT -5)

This will be my first ultimate win ever. Everything is lined up for me to descend to D:50 and enter the gate, except for the Crown of Chaos (I still have to wait until day 90 for Darknight) and doing the quickling tree, which I'm going to wait until after day 90 to do. The Medal of Chaos is in the HMV and the TotRR is in-hand. However, I have 10 days left before day 90. All my stats are about 50, plus or minus 10. My question is, what should I spend those last 10 days doing? I have two RoDS in my inventory ready to use and a large array of spells. I'm just wondering how I can best spend those 10 days increasing my stats and overall getting ready to fight Andy.

Also, since I'm an L+ Champion of Law, I'm going to wait until right before diving to D:50 to visit the Greater White Unicorn to have all my corruption removed. Since Champions of Law don't have a corruption requirement for entering the gate (I think) I figure it's best to enter with as little corruption as possible.
Molach: "I like to have 200+ hp and over 5 good healin potions when I do [the fire] temple. AND some way of killing the Wyrm"

Morio: "Some way of killing the worm is recommended, yes :D"

[Edited 1 time, last edit on 7/24/2006 at 23:00 (GMT -5) by Kirbot]
Portrait
Kirbot
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Tuesday, July 25, 2006 at 14:40 (GMT -5)

Also, one quick question. Would it be problematic wearing the Boots of Great Speed when I go to fight Andy? That +30 to speed could be really useful, and it's not like the additional corruption received from wearing them will be much compared to the background corruption of the ChAoS plane. But maybe the dooming and cursing would be a problem?
Molach: "I like to have 200+ hp and over 5 good healin potions when I do [the fire] temple. AND some way of killing the Wyrm"

Darren Grey
Registered user

Last page view:

4233 days, 18 hours, 21 minutes and 7 seconds ago.
Posted on Tuesday, July 25, 2006 at 14:55 (GMT -5)

Well, I don't think there's anything extra you need to be honest. A wish for Food Preservation might be useful before you enter the Quickling Tree, if you don't already have it, and then you could spend the 10 days training it. However, you may be better just saving that wish for speed before entering the Chaos Gate.

Being doomed or cursed will cause you to be ripped apart by the forces of chaos when you enter the gate or kill Andy. Don't make the mistake I did of getting destroyed after killing Andor Drakon! (in my case I wasn't wielding the trident when he died).

As for how to waste time, you could try getting more wishes through ID scumming, or train up polearms and archery more (I assume you'll be using blessed humanoid slaying ammo on him?). Also stock up on holy water, so that you can bless all your stat boosting potions before entering the gate. Make sure you have all the necessary resistances too!

You're right about getting rid of all your corruption before the last dive. Be sure to have some blessed SoCRs on you too.
Waldenbrook, the dwarven shopkeeper, mumbles: "I'd offer 9 gold pieces for yer dwarven child corpse."
Portrait
Kirbot
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Tuesday, July 25, 2006 at 15:32 (GMT -5)

Alright, I think I'm about ready to dive. I did the quickling tree and ate quite a few corpses. I've gathered all the requisite items on the floor above darkforge. I now have 3 RoDS on standby, so I think I'll use one to wish for SoCR (I already have about five, maybe it'll bump it up to eight or so), and the rest on speed. I'll check this thread right before entering the chaos gate, just in case anybody answers this last question in time:

Can you wish for "arrows of humanoid slaying"? :D

Silfir in the States
Unregistered user
Posted on Tuesday, July 25, 2006 at 15:57 (GMT -5)

Actually, I'm pretty sure you can. The arrow of humanoid slaying is not a suffix version of the arrow, but a separate form of arrow, so it should be possible to wish for them. I don't know how many you'll get, though. Possibly around ten.
Portrait
Kirbot
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Tuesday, July 25, 2006 at 16:03 (GMT -5)

Ah, alright. After checking the guidebook, I believe you are correct. I already have eight blessed potions of boost speed, so I may spend a couple wishes on arrows of humanoid slaying then. Thanks, Silfir!

[EDIT]

Paralyzation resistance: check
Resistance to death rays: check
Light source: check (spell)
See invisible: check
Crown of Chaos: check
Medal of Chaos: check
TotRR: check

Here goes nothing...

[Edited 1 time, last edit on 7/25/2006 at 16:05 (GMT -5) by Kirbot]
Portrait
Kirbot
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Tuesday, July 25, 2006 at 17:18 (GMT -5)

"Illendrio. L50 gray elven bard (M). 28020920 xps. 243938 turns. Ascended on 7/25/2006.
He transformed into an avatar of Order in the palace of Andor Drakon."

:D

Darren Grey
Registered user

Last page view:

4233 days, 18 hours, 21 minutes and 7 seconds ago.
Posted on Wednesday, July 26, 2006 at 14:14 (GMT -5)

Woohoo! Well done! You've achieved something I haven't managed even after 7 years play :P Quite a good score too - did you put it in the hall of fame?
Waldenbrook, the dwarven shopkeeper, mumbles: "I'd offer 9 gold pieces for yer dwarven child corpse."
Portrait
Kirbot
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Thursday, July 27, 2006 at 14:12 (GMT -5)

Yes, it was validated today, I think. I also wrote a story and added a few enigmatic comments to it.

Color mixer:
Red: Green: Blue: HTML color code: result:      
Your Name: Check to login:

Your Message:

Read the
formating help
Are you a spambot? Yes No Maybe Huh?
Create poll? Yes No   What is this?
Poll question: