Register new account
Edit account
Search

Ancient Domains Of Mystery, forum overview / Spoilers / Summer Adom Contest - Just in

Online users ( Unknown)
Application object not working properly at the moment, no clue who is online...

* Numbers in parentheses are the number of minutes since the user last loaded a page. Logged-in users time out after 40 minutes (unless they manually log out), lurkers and anonymous posters after 20.

Molach
Registered user
Lord of DurisMud

Last page view:

5139 days, 21 hours, 18 minutes and 40 seconds ago.
Posted on Thursday, July 27, 2006 at 18:43 (GMT -5)

Hey, it's been a while since we had one of them Char creation competitions here? There ware a lot of them a while back but none lately. So therefore, the

Summer of 2006 Random Character Adom Competition

just started.

Here are my guidelines:

• Character to be played will be a random character. Yes, you select (l)et fate decide and let ADOM give you the usual Die-easy character you normally wouldn't play. Do take the first character you are dealt when you sit down and decide to do the challenge, please.
  • Each participant will be allowed one post, which they then will edit. So as to keep thread short. Write as much story you want, or just abbs. This is in Spoilers so no need to use the spoiler formatting.
  • The Goal? Well score and winning is all good, but a good story might win more. I guess the goal is foremost to have fun, and playing something unusual.
  • Every (wo)man gets one shot at this, and one shot only. If you die on your way to Terry, well too bad.
  • After generation and before playing, consider your character, outline your goals first(mentally or in writing). Then play and we can see if you succeeded or failed horribly
  • If noone but me enters, well then Im sure to win. And thread will be "The strange adventures of Molach's random character, enjoy.(Well someone else entered, so I'm sure to lose)
  • Timeframe? Not sure we need one, this thread will surely die when its time is up. But I guess you should start in the summer, as it is a summer contest, and then it would be daft to have a go in winter, eh?

Okay, as Thread starter Im starting this. Over to ADOM and rolling a character....
Month of Candle! Good sign, this will help a lot of weaklings. Good start.

Oh NO! Male Orc Farmer.
Orc - I've not played many of these. Good Str and Tough should keep me safe thru start. Low lifespan, have to try to drink Longevity and also be mortally afraid of any ghosts.
Farmer - Never ever gotten far with these. Oh my. Guess Ill forego the SMC and do the safe thing and get healing skill.

At some point in my game I will kill all farmers in Terinyo. I'm an Orc, and Im sure them evil humans stole my parents lands. They will die, but when I am ready. Oh they will so die.

Attributes - I did them random, up to others if they wanna talk their way thru it. 3 talents! Whee. Ill take hardy, and PV-talents. So I won't die till something exciting happens.

I went straight to the SMC, but got sickened. I got out safely without stair location or blanket or my large dog or any cool items :(. Now going to village dungeon. Oh more good news, I'm illiterate as a bat.

Sickness disappeared as I first walked towards VD, then decided to detour to Outlaw place for pickpocket (and shop ID). In the SMC I gained some levels, of course (which was part of my problem there I think...:) and picked up long stride (thought about +6 more HP but figured speedy retreat might be good. Bravely bold sir Molach is gonna bravely run away).

I entered Lawinthehodfkjsdhasdfjhbs, and also nearly met my maker after a mugger laid down some serious smackage on me. Must have had a good find weakness skill (who would need "find weakness" skill when going up against a FARMER? I mean, there he is, don't need any special skill to spot the weakness there) I decide to beat a hasty retrea...err tactical withdrawal, and heal in the wilderness a bit. Round 2 is mine, pickpocket is gained, good items spotted, but price tag a tiny bit too high.

So I enter the normally-boring VD:1, and within 30 moves I have a wooden shield and a normal spear. Things are looking up now. I dive to VD:7, get the mad hatter in tow...and suddenly there comes a horrible purple 'j' waddling towards me. Let's see, time to turn away and run, Forrest, run...oh wait, whats that purple 't' doing there? Nice carpenter, nice carpent..%&¤"& get out of my way willya? Im now cornered between a die-hard mad carpenter and a chaotic mass. It's like PURPLE HAZE, ALL IN MY FACE. I fail to kill carpenter before the horrible flailing tentacles come near. I have 73 hitpoints, mabye I can survive a bit....I brace myself for impact.

And I was going down, and fast. Bleeding fast, at 33 hitpoints, stunned, and slowed. Drink a random potion to try to heal...no wait I'm stunned. Aha. Pray to god then. (*Mortal, you are a nuicance. I saved your ass twice in that dungeon you had no business being in. I'm sure you'll find a way out of your predicament*)

Yeap, Ill find a way out it looks like. One random move makes me smack into the wall. Im still not dead, but after smacking into the wall again I'm torn several new ones by the chaotic mutation, which most likely was a brother of a small goblin I killed on the way down, mutated, mean and out for revenge. And so it ends, the world is spinning, my head is ringing...

Better luck if anyone else tries. I was being soooo careful too (well, apart from using two wishes in SMC and getting out sick...hm). But I did not linger on that level, so I dont see how that managed to get created so fast. Goblin really must have hated me.

Molach, the orcish farmer was killed by a writhing mass of primal chaos. He scored 365 points and advanced to level 7.

(score low must be due to corruption from the jelly.)

EDIT: Did not wipe out anything, but added a few more details, seeing how my character had a rather premature death

[Edited 1 time, last edit on 7/27/2006 at 21:20 (GMT -5) by Molach]
Portrait
Armada
Registered user

Last page view:

1224 days, 3 hours, 31 minutes and 25 seconds ago.
Posted on Thursday, July 27, 2006 at 19:10 (GMT -5)

I just rolled a Male Gnome paladin, born in candle. Three talents of course.

Took Alert, Strong of will, and healthy just to be safe.

Doing other things at the moment, but i'll come back and edit this as i start to play "Farrakhan"

Edit: Happily humming a tune, the silly paladin wanders towards the Small Mountain Cave. Ooh, stairs!

Level 2. Blinkdog teleports next to me while im in a corner to grab a shiny item, and summons before i can even poke it. I quickly die >>

End of Farrakhan, the not so shiny Gnomish paladin

[Edited 1 time, last edit on 8/2/2006 at 17:30 (GMT -5) by Armada]
Portrait
Naiyor
Registered user

Last page view:

1883 days, 10 hours, 57 minutes and 16 seconds ago.
Posted on Thursday, July 27, 2006 at 20:59 (GMT -5)

I am in on this one...

DE Beastfighter...born in Salamander...this is looking pretty sad.

Took Hardy as my only talent...I will be clutching to those +3HP.

Thus begins Goreblox's trip on the long road to nowhere!

First, SMC/UD/HMV if possible, VD, PC...if i make it past that I will be very suprised

The story so far:

Entered the chain...still pondering why I would choose this profession..."Be a Wizard" mom said..."Be a Necromancer, like your old pop" Dad said..."I want to be a beastfighter!" I said...what was I thinking?

strolling through the woods, Goreblox came to a quiet village...he felt at peace just looking at it. "Nah I don't want to go there" lets see if there is anything south of here.

Goreblox entered the shabby little town that looked like a hole in the wall.

Immediately He was approached by the most violent, vile being he had ever seen. He quickly dispatched the poor Beggar...his hands red with the blood of his first kill.

"I dont want to stay around here" he left the town and figured he would go look for a Small Cave to hone his skills.

Upon entering the small cave he was immediately accosted by a number of pathetic creatures...each easily "mortally incapacitated".

"what was this..." he looked at a beautiful Eternium Halberd lying on the floor..."Damn, I wish I knew how to use this...Just my luck!"

He found some stairs in the small cave and immediately descended to what can only be described as an Unremarkable Dungeon...but did not feel confortable with the seemingly increasing number and quality of foes eager to greet him...

He departed to the quiet village dubbed Terinyo and agreed to assist the elder in finding a friend.

Following the elders instructions, he arrived at the Village Dungoen (Maybe that is why the village is so quiet...if you got a problem they lock you down there)

He descended...

Saved the carpenter, went back to explore the last level and this is what I found:

Goreblox, the dark elven beastfighter, was killed by a female ogre magus.
He scored 5399 points and advanced to level 8.

Another one bites the dust!

Good game chaps!

[Edited 1 time, last edit on 7/28/2006 at 14:07 (GMT -5) by Naiyor]
Portrait
Maelstrom
Registered user
The Knight of the Black Rose

Last page view:

3115 days, 10 hours, 53 minutes and 29 seconds ago.
Posted on Thursday, July 27, 2006 at 21:12 (GMT -5)

Brind'amour the male high elven wizard born in the month of Book.
He started his advanture by dropping in to check out (generate) the small cave. A kobold tagged along when he was leaving, the poor guy must have been disgusted by the people he was forced to work with. I mean, to run away with the first adventurer, an elf!
The kobold left as soon as possible. Not that I blame him, nobody can stand the elves, and the wizards are just annoying dorks.
Our bookworm headed to the Sin City... or the next best thing, since a small village is as close as it gets to a Sin City in this backwater valley.
There he mutilated a bandit and went window shopping at the black market.

That's all for now folks. Tune in for some more adventures of the annoying, pointy eared bookworm.

After talking to the master thief, and realising, that the our protagonist is lawfull, the player was annoyed, yet did not abandon hope. The wizard went to the infinite dungeon to gain some spells and levels.
Not much of use that was. The only thing he gained was strenght and mana, due to the constant training of both. All the books found were useless , like Greater Identify or slow poison. Not much help.
After finding the spell of Invisibility, our hero decided it was time to get back to the small cave, and find his way deeper into the mountains. He did just that, wandered a bit and died to blood loss caused by a claw bug he bumped into on accident, while walking around a werewolf.

Damn, this one didn't even make a highscore, a pitiful 12004 points.
A pessimist sees a dark tunnel.
An optimist sees a light at the end of that tunnel.
A realist sees a train.
And the train driver sees three idiots on the tracks.

[Edited 1 time, last edit on 7/28/2006 at 11:50 (GMT -5) by Maelstrom]
Portrait
Kirbot
Registered user
BattleHax0r of Devastation

Last page view:

5882 days, 23 hours, 36 minutes and 16 seconds ago.
Posted on Friday, July 28, 2006 at 02:09 (GMT -5)

Mmm. Month of the Sword.

Mmm. Gnomish Bard.

I hate Gnomes... but I am willing to overlook that, due to the fact that I have...

...four talents? I-i-i-i smell seven league boootsss...

Good start, yes, good start. I'll just save this character and start playing him tomorrow.

Army of cats and dogs, here we go!

Ooooh, and btw, his name is Ender. ^_^

[CHAPTER 1] (This may be a short book, hmmkay?)

It was not a dark and stormy night. As a matter of fact, the weather was mild and comfortable, a slight wind was blowing, and there was a road, as Ender, the Gnomish Bard of great renown among his two best buddies back at the Ant & the Hamster waddled into the Drakalor Chain.

"Ah, the weather is so nice," he thought. "This will be a good vacation."

As he traveled down the dirt road to the town of Teriyaki, according to his tourist's brochure, he reviewed his bardy skills. After all, bards have random skills!

"Lets see..." he began. "Alchemy. I don't think most gnomes know alchemy. Heh heh... now then, I am very athletic, again, an oddity among my fat slob of a race... Mmm..."

Even as he was thinking about these strange thoughts, he found himself entering a village. It was a tiny hamlet, consisting of a few primitive cottages, a shop and a village hall. Trees grew peacefully between the small homes of the local populace. And yet Ender, for some strange reason, did *not* feel at ease.

"Ah, Teriyaki, at last. I don't see any resorts though. This brochure said there were resorts here. Hey, little kid," he yelled as he ran toward a tiny girl in a red outfit, "where are the resorts around here?"

"Have ye seen my puppy?"

"Yer puppy?" Ender stopped. "No, I haven't seen your puppy. And I don't care about your stinkin' puppy. I just want to know where I can kick back and relax. It's stressful back where I live, I need some time off."

"Have ye seen my puppy?"

Ender was perplexed. Why did she keep asking him that?

"No, I haven't. Is there a reward?"

The girl instantly reached into her pocket and pullet out a sucked-on piece of candy.

"Aha. Hah. Aaahhahaha... AAAAAHAHAHA. FINE. I'll go save your ugly little mutt. Do you know where it might be?" (Gnomes are suckers for candy; pardon the baaaad pun)

She pointed off the direction Ender had come. Sighing, he started off, then yelled back over his shoulder, "When I get back, you're TELLING me where the nearest resort is, y'hear?"

As he meandered back up the pathway he had come, he thought it over. "Getting her puppy back can't be that bad," he thought, "probably just fell down a crack in the rocks. I'll just find some way to fish it out, head back to town and collect my reward..." Stopping for a moment to think about what he just did, he shook his head and kept on going.

"I'd BETTER be able to relax somewhere nice after this..."

[CHAPTER 2] "The Puppy Cave"

"It's a hole. A hole with stairs leading down... mmkay?"

Ender peered over at his raccoon, who kept staring at him. Ender had just been out playing on his glokenspiel in the woods one day to relax, when the little bugger had just shown up. Started following him around. Weirded him out. But he saved his life a few times, so Ender supposed it was an even deal. Ender named him Stiney.

He turned back to the hole. "Well. Stairs. Interesting. Let's... see what's down there..."

Cautiously, Ender, the wuss of all gnomehood, crept slowly down the stairs.

"Yo, li'l puppy? You down here?"

Silence.

"Pu-u-uppy-y-y..."

Still silence. Ender reached the bottom of the stairs and looked around the curiously-illuminated room. Nothing. Completely empty.

"Well, no puppy. Guess the girl's dog left or got eaten or something, so I'm outta--"

Suddenly he heard something trigger and looked over to see the raccoon scratch around one of the walls. A hidden door.

"Blasted raccoon... why'd you have to go and make this whole job possible? And how would the stinkin' dog get past a hidden door anyway?"

The raccoon regarded Ender with big, sad eyes.

"Blasted raccoon..."

A dark hallway lay ahead. Cautiously, Ender hurried down the corridor, his raccoon hurrying to keep up with his seven league boots. Finally, he reached the end of the hallway.

It was another door. And it was locked.

"Well, I guess that does it--"

Without further adeu, the raccoon promptly crushed the rock to pieces and ran past the door into the room.

"Blasted raccoon..."

Running to catch up, Ender smacked headlong into a skeleton. A moving skeleton.

"AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!" Ender shrieked like a little girl as the skeleton made several swipes at him. Suddenly the raccoon jumped over and smashed the skeleton to pieces.

"Ah... er... thanks..." he stuttered as he watched the raccoon sit there and grin at him, a bone between its teeth. "Y'know, the brochure never mentioned this. I'm going to complain when I get back home..."

Ender looked around. There were two more exits leading out of the room. One was a door, the other was an open hallway.

"Open hallway it is," Ender decided. Shortly he entered another room. A room with a brown pool in one corner, and more stairs down in another.

"A brown pool, eh?" he said more to the raccoon than himself. "Could be a pool of milk chocolate. Or, it could be a pool of... not... milk... chocolate... ... ... TO THE STAIRS, STINEY."

[ CHAPTER 3 ] “Not Just a Hole”

“Oh, wait,” Ender suddenly said to himself, “I forgot to stock up on food back in Teriyaki. Of course, I didn’t think I’d be gone this long, but still… Stiney. Wait here.”

Several hours later, Ender was back at the cave with a bloated stomach and three extra rations.

“That… was good… Mmmmph… Hey, what about that door I skipped last time I was through here? Maybe the puppy’s behind it… Aww, it’s locked too. Maybe I’ll just kick it down for no reason…”

After a *crash* and a *thud*, Ender found himself facing down a… big ugly pig-like creature.

“What the heck IS this?” he yelled as he fended off the creature as it attacked him. “Some sort of overgrown pig? STINEY, SIC HIM. No, Stiney. Drop the bone, and come—oh, CRAP…”

A giant frog suddenly popped up behind the pig-like creature.

“Uhm. Stiney…?” he yelled as he fended off the pig-man. Then an insanely stupid thought struck him. He pulled out his mighty glockenspiel.

“Alright, pig-boy. Prepare to face the wrath of my almighty GLOCKENSPIEL! Ooof. This thing must weigh a ton…”

Ender began playing a really bad tune as he dodged the wailing attacks of the pig-man (orc), when suddenly the giant frog killed the pig-man from behind.

“Uhm. Good froggie?”

The giant frog grinned at Ender as it sat and croaked. Suddenly realization dawned on Ender.

“I can turn animals into my willing slaves by playing music? Wow. That’s pretty cool. Maybe I could exploit this…”

*MUCH TIME PASSES*

Ender walks up to a door, followed by a large entourage of various dungeon critters.

“Alright, let’s see here… puppy’s probably behind this door…”

Suddenly, Ender was met with a massive amount of squeaking.

“Rats!” he cursed. “STINEY! GET IN HERE!”

Immediately he started playing his glockenspiel, but a rat coughed on him, and suddenly it was as though he could feel the green, gaseous substances seeping throughout his body. First a cough, then a hack, then a wheeze, then…

“AHHHH--*cough*--I’M SICK! DISEASED! AHHHhhh…” Quickly he retreated behind his entourage of creatures, playing his glockenspiel. “STINEY! DO SOMETHING!” he yelled.

Eventually the rats started turning to Ender’s cause, and the wererat spawning them was utterly destroyed. Yet Ender remained sick.

“*cough*” he said. “*wheeze* Stiney, where *hack* WERE you?”

Stiney just stared at Ender playfully.

“Blasted *cough* raccoon… Well, I *wheeze* better head back to the *hack* surface…”

But on his way out, the corridor started filling with giant ants. Lots of giant ants. Ender began playing his glockenspiel, and started turning them to his cause, but then suffered from a sudden bout of stupidity (no doubt caused by the disease), ran into an open room, and was killed by an ant that happened to not like his tune (blasted critics).

Ender, the gnomish bard, was killed by a giant ant worker.
She (whoops?) scored 1924 points.
She (heh…) survived for 0 years, 1 day, 23 hours, 5 minutes and 31 seconds (3232 turns).

Oh well. Good luck to ya’ll who are left (um… all one of you) And BTW, Ender never made it past level 1. Never killed a single monster him(her…)self. Told ya he (she, DANGIT) was the wuss of all gnomes…

[EDIT] Might I add that it seems the only guy who hasn't died yet is the guy who hasn't done anything with his character yet?

>.<

I <3 ADoM.
Molach: "I like to have 200+ hp and over 5 good healin potions when I do [the fire] temple. AND some way of killing the Wyrm"

Morio: "Some way of killing the worm is recommended, yes :D"

[Edited 1 time, last edit on 7/28/2006 at 22:57 (GMT -5) by Kirbot]
Lost_one
Registered user
unregistered user

Last page view:

5919 days, 15 hours, 27 minutes and 57 seconds ago.
Posted on Friday, July 28, 2006 at 14:03 (GMT -5)

Dark elven archer.....born under the unicorn, named cheese. had 1 talent, so I gave him a bit of toughness....he'll need it, as he starts with a mini launcher that fires small needles.

I decided to go help the village elder find his carpenter, hoping Lloth wouldn't see that good deed.

The first item I see, right next to the stairs is a pair of gauntlets. "now, let see" I thoguht to myself, I can either wear my [-2, 0] gloves my master gave me or I can wear these beautiful protective gauntlets.

They turned black, pitch black...and the word peace was written on the guantlets. Looks like Lloth saw though my plan to learn to heal to the good way. Luckly, I found a nice horned helmet in the next room, that kept me alive long enough to make a goblin laugh himself to death after 7 needles were shot at him by me.

The next room had some flickering lights. after taking a step into the only lit area of the room, which happened to be the center, all the lights turned on. I was surounded! There were 2 other goblins, and two hobgoblins!They wanted revenge. I quickly decided it was in my best intrest to head back toward the hallway which I came from. I quickly noted the rabid dog that came between my escape and a room full of angry revengeful goblin kin. In a berserk fury, I managed to kill the dog, without getting his disease. seeing the goblins line up, 1 by 1 in the hallway gave me a glimmer of hope, as I started battling them to lifeless corpses. Now there were just 2 hobgoblins left. launching a flurry of pointy needles, I killed one, he only slightly harmed me. holding up my needle launcher, I smiled. only one to go. but when I pulled the trigger, I realized I needed to put more needles into the damned thing!! and I was out!!

walking farther though the hallway, a pit opened up beneath me. that hurt, I was pretty hurt. I swear that pit wasn't there before! luckly for me, the hobgoblin wasn't smart enough to see the pit that I fell into. The bugger must've dove in head first, as he broke his neck on the landing. heading back to the entrance to rest under a tree and heal, a jackal blocked my path. after killing it, my stomach was a bit empty, and his corpse hit the spot well, as did the corpse of another small goblin. nearly back to the entrance, only a forked entrance now blocked my path. one one side was a skeleton, and a hallway that looked like it might lead to the door next to the stairs out. on the direct path to the stairs were 2 orks and a zombie. shattering the skeleton, I headed toward down the hallway. And just my luck, it was a dead end. I knew the orcs would be following me, thus I didn't have time to try to find a hidden door, I decided I might as well turn around and fight, and hope the blessing of Lloth was on my side. I take a step back down the hallway, only for the floor beneath to start to give away. I dive for the side of the pit, which is nearly fully opened. but just my luck, I was soo worried about my prediciment, I walked inot the center of the pit's cover without noticing what I've done. I was going down. and the dive I did for the side didn't help much, I was going down head first.

Cheese, the dark elven archer, broke his neck by falling into a pit.
He scored 784 points.
he survived for 0 years, 0 days, 17 hours, 40 minutes, and 13 seconds.

well....I can't even live for 5 min. before dying to your challenge :/

--but I guess I beat you! and with double your score :D
"I have opinions -STRONG opinions- that sometimes, I don't agree with"

---Prez. George W. Bush
taarn
Registered user
That wacky dinosaur

Last page view:

6474 days, 15 hours, 12 minutes and 22 seconds ago.
Posted on Friday, July 28, 2006 at 17:37 (GMT -5)

okay, a drakish necromancer... born under the sword. Might be fun, perhaps I'll try a fighting spellcaster type thing, starting slow with the village dungeon. We'll see how it goes. I think I'll (rather optimistically) specialize in unarmed combat to try to get that shadowhand thingy. Always looked fun, right? So brawler and hardy it is I guess.

Good luck ScaleyGuy...

Well that was going well. Should have known better than to keep trying to kill that wall beast though. Could have just walked away but noooo, had to give it a shot, what can it hurt, not like it can actually move...

ScaleyGuy, the drakish necromancer, was killed by a rock thrown by a wall beast.
He scored 34599 points and advanced to level 12.

managed to get to weapon skill level 6 with my bare hands too. Was actually starting to kill things in less than 10 hits!

[Edited 1 time, last edit on 7/29/2006 at 00:03 (GMT -5) by taarn]
Portrait
Mewto
Registered user

Last page view:

3597 days, 17 hours, 46 minutes and 44 seconds ago.
Posted on Saturday, July 29, 2006 at 03:04 (GMT -5)

I'm in... Troll wizard born in a tree :( this sux... Molach, you said you had problems with aging? :((
Edit: not that bad a char, started with spellboks of cure disease and lightning bolt + potion of extra healing. Let's home I won't have to use it too soon. My starting talents were: +1 to Learning(I have 10 learning) and Boon to the family, I need the extra $$ for rations.

OMG I'm dead... went to the SMC everything going nicely, I've found two waterproof blankets, was preparing to descend when this tough blink dog teleported next to me and killed me... he did about 20 damage in two turns.

Mewto, noob?. L2 trollish wizard (M). 1320 xps. 636 turns. Died on 7/29/2006. He was killed by a blink dog in a small cave.

For the Horde!

[Edited 1 time, last edit on 7/29/2006 at 04:04 (GMT -5) by Mewto]
Portrait
PeanutGod
Registered user
Lord of Misery

Last page view:

5050 days, 12 hours, 7 minutes and 56 seconds ago.
Posted on Saturday, July 29, 2006 at 08:30 (GMT -5)

Sure, why not, I may as well take part.

Betsie, the female Trollish Weaponsmith, was both in the month of the Unicorn. She was ugly, no doubts about it. Any friends she had were purely of 'rock' material, and she was always a loner. From her earlier days, she always had a fascination with shiny pointy things, and so spent whatever time she could learning about how to make them. She stole a heavy club from her fathers cave one day, and found an old large hammer that someone had discarded. With the carcass of a freshly killed deer over one shoulder, she happily trudged off to the Draklor Chain to see what was going on.

Immediately she headed for a small village which had a sign outside. She couldn't read the sign, and so ignored it. Little kids were running around, barely paying attention to the eight foot tall and nearly four hundred pound giant. No one ran away. She was impressed. Talking to a few people, they directed her to the village elder, a small little man who she took an instant dislike to. From what human language she knew, she understood that some idiot of a carpenter had got lost, and he needed rescuing. She decided to lend a hand, since these were the first people she'd met, and she didn't want them to hate her. She then bumped into a man of autority, and he told her to go into the wilderness and find some guy called Kranach. Once again, she agreed, hoping the reward that was promised was something good. She started to set off, but saw a small girl crying on her way out of the village. She leant down and patted the young lass on the head. The girl said her doggy was lost and it her mommy said it was in a small cave. Bettie had no idea what a doggy was, or how you wore one, but she agreed to go and have a look.

The first thing Bettie did, was to head to a small cave to the northwest of the village. She had heard rumours that there was something in here that was precious, so the locals said. She stepped in, and was immediately assaulted by a goblin, who started chucking rocks at her. Memories of her childhood came back, and she tore the goblin a new face. He fell over and died, and she took a look around. Nothing was that interesting, although she had this funny feeling inside of her. She went for a wander, and found a blanket atop of a grey altar. She dropped a few gold coins, and then suddenly was overwhelmed with a feeling of piety. No longer did she just want to kill anything that moved. She was torn between loving everyone and killing everything. A true neutral.

Right, enough of that cave, Betsie wanted to go and find this carpenter and be done with him. Silly fool, next time he won't take a trip to the mountains alone. She entered the village cave, and made her way down. She was a bit tired, being loaded down with rations. Luck was on her side though, and she found a girdle of carrying! She knew what it was, because she had seen on in the outlaw village for sale. Thanking her new god, she put it on, and her burden eased. She continued onwards, and found a healer, wandering around in a room. Wondering why he was there, she chatted to him, and he told her to be merciful. Well, she thought she could do that, and so went down deeper to find the mad carpenter. She found him alright, and he started pounding on her pretty bad. She ran away, back to the healer, with the carpenter in tow, and she was pretty bad shape. Blood was pouring all over her hammer. She chatted to the healer again, and she felt much better. Then the carpenter burst onto the scene, but the healer took care of him, and then kindly showed Betsie how to heal herself. All was good in the world!

Betsie returned to the happy human village, bought some food, and then went to look for this 'doggy' thing the little girl was on about. She rose in power, and suddenly knew how to melt items. This came after Kranach attacked her on the way! She was unhappy with him, and so took his bow and arrows as payment, but then decided to kill him. Anyhow, she entered the new cave, and soon stumbled across some ants. These were bigger than the bugs she knew, and she took a diversion, fiding some downstairs until she found a huge cavern. As she hunted around, a pack of wolves surounded her, and she ran into a corridor to fight them off. Then she had a really bad feeling, like someone was coming to kill her. She fought off the wolves, and looked around for this doggy. She saw some stairs going down, and thought the doggy might be down there. As she ran for the stairs, a smallc reature ran at her, waving a sword around and looking all mighty. She saw it was a ratling, but none like she had seen before. She decided to teach him a lesson and kick his snout down his throat. As she waved her hammer, the ratling dogdged her, disarmed her and shoved his sword in her stomach. The last thing Betsie saw was the ratling, looking at her hammer, mumblng about how much he could sell it for. She fell into a deep eternal slumber and passed away.

Oh well. Poor Betsie

Betsie, the trollish weaponsmith, was killed by a ratling duelist.
She scored 8965 points and advanced to level 7.
She survived for 0 years, 9 days, 5 hours, 28 minutes and 42 seconds (5615
turns).

-More to come-

Ladies and Gentleman, take my advice. Pull down your pants......and slide on the ice.
Ladies and Gentleman, take my advice. Pull down your pants, and slide on the ice.

[Edited 1 time, last edit on 7/29/2006 at 12:38 (GMT -5) by PeanutGod]
Maastonakki
Registered user
A cute puppy

Last page view:

5821 days, 19 hours, 26 minutes and 45 seconds ago.
Posted on Saturday, July 29, 2006 at 11:09 (GMT -5)

Okay, I'm in...
let's see what I'll roll.

Month of the Unicorn, doh. has to be the worst start.
Oh gee, high elf ranger - this won't last long.. 1 talent.
Took hardy.

Death by a cave bear :()
nevered
Registered user

Last page view:

6105 days, 13 hours, 21 minutes and 49 seconds ago.
Posted on Saturday, July 29, 2006 at 13:42 (GMT -5)

Raven. speed and perception is good.

Female High Elf Bard.

and it looks like the 'stronger companions' thing from raven is good, too!.

Alert and Healthy.

ooh, this is wonderful: the instruments I start with? It's a pair of whistles.

take the yriggs quest.

ouch. first door in the dungeon? it's got a stone block trap. my cooshoo blocked the hallway behind me, and i got hit.

leave the rocks and the wooden bits of door where they are, and pick up a scroll in the corner of the room.

entered a room with a large bat and a rat.

I start hitting the large bat with my sword, and my cooshoo (whatever the heck that is) starts hitting it, too.

I die...

yay...

(lol, i don't think i'm going to win this game :-P )

looking over the post-mortem: the scroll i picked up was a cursed scroll of identify.

here's the memorial file:

Arya St:12 Le:17 Wi:13 Dx:22 To:13 Ch:16 Ap:22 Ma:15 Pe:21 L
DV/PV: 16/0 H: 0(19) P: 10(10) Exp: 1/0 VD: 1 Sp: 112

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Background Information

Name: Arya Race: female High Elf Class: Bard
Eye color: amber Hair color: black Complexion: pale
Height: 5'10" Weight: 108 pounds
Star sign: Raven Birthday: 6/Raven (day 6 of the year)

YOUR HISTORY:
Your parents belong to the lower class. They were honest
hard-working people, who did everything to enable you to live a
comfortable and fine life. They were not very successful.
As a child your parents cared a lot for you. Despite all
circumstances you enjoyed a happy and fine childhood.
During your youth you embarked on many small journeys to nearby
towns on behalf of your parents. You learned to know lots of people and
made many friends.
As a young adult you spent a lot of time searching for a deeper
meaning and purpose in your life. You pondered and pondered but nothing
truly sparked your interest. Finally, after many many hours, you made a
decision.
You decided to become a Bard.

Inventory
Total weight: 277 stones Carrying capacity: 1200 stones

Head : uncursed leather cap [+0, +0] [5s]
Neck : -
Body : uncursed clothes [+0, +0] [40s]
Girdle : -
Cloak : -
Right Hand : uncursed long sword (+0, 1d8) [40s]
Left Hand : -
Right Ring : -
Left Ring : -
Bracers : -
Gauntlets : -
Boots : uncursed leather boots [+0, +0] [25s]
Missile weapon: -
Missiles : -
Tool : -

Stuff

Total weight: 167 stones Carrying capacity: 1200 stones

One-handed weapons ('(')
uncursed dagger (+0, 1d4) [10s]
Tools (']')
heap of 4 uncursed torches [40s]
uncursed box with flint and steel (10) [5s]
uncursed tinderbox (24) [3s]
Instruments ('{')
heap of 2 uncursed whistles [2s]
Wands ('\')
uncursed wand of light (3 charges) [4s]
Scrolls ('?')
cursed scroll of identify [2s]
Food ('%')
uncursed iron ration [100s]
Valuables ('$')
176 gold pieces [1s]

Weapon Skills

Melee weapon Lvl Hit Dam DV Level Required marks
--------------------- --- --- --- -- ------------- --------------
Unarmed fighting 0 +0 +0 +0 unskilled 15
Daggers & knives 0 +0 +0 +0 unskilled 15
Clubs & hammers 0 +0 +0 +0 unskilled 15
Maces & flails 0 +0 +0 +0 unskilled 15
Swords 2 +2 +0 +0 basic 38
Axes 0 +0 +0 +0 unskilled 15
Whips 0 +0 +0 +0 unskilled 15
Pole arms 0 +0 +0 +0 unskilled 15
Twohanded weapons 0 +0 +0 +0 unskilled 15
Staves 0 +0 +0 +0 unskilled 15

Missile weapon Lvl Hit Dam Ra Level Required marks
Slings 0 +0 +0 +0 unskilled 7
Bows 0 +0 +0 +0 unskilled 7
Crossbows 0 +0 +0 +0 unskilled 7
Thrown axes & hammers 0 +0 +0 +0 unskilled 7
Thrown daggers 0 +0 +0 +0 unskilled 7
Thrown rocks & clubs 0 +0 +0 +0 unskilled 7
Thrown spears 0 +0 +0 +0 unskilled 7
Boomerangs & scurgari 0 +0 +0 +0 unskilled 7

Shields Lvl DV Level Required marks
--------------------- --- --- ------------- --------------
Shields 0 +0 unskilled 15

Damage caused with your melee weapons:
--------------------------------------
ÆRight hand: Î+2Æ bonus to hit, Î1d8+0Æ damage

Damage caused with your missile weapons:
----------------------------------------
No missile weapons available.

Skills

Alchemy .................. 18 (mediocre) [+4d5]
Archery .................. 29 (mediocre) [+3d5]
Athletics ................ 17 (mediocre) [+4d5]
Climbing ................. 30 (mediocre) [+4d5]
Dodge .................... 25 (mediocre) [+4d4]
First aid ................ 39 (fair) [+4d5]
Food preservation ........ 24 (mediocre) [+4d5]
Gardening ................ 31 (fair) [+3d5]
Haggling ................. 31 (fair) [+4d5]
Listening ................ 48 (fair) [+4d4]
Literacy ................. 37 (fair) [+4d4]
Music .................... 83 (great) [+3d3]
Smithing ................. 24 (mediocre) [+4d5]
Stealth .................. 21 (mediocre) [+3d5]
Ventriloquism ............ 22 (mediocre) [+4d5]

Her achievements during her adventures:

Arya, the high elven bard, was killed by a large bat.
She scored 977 points.
She survived for 0 years, 0 days, 14 hours, 56 minutes and 47 seconds (93
turns).
Arya visited 3 places.
Her perception score was modified by +1 during her career.
She ended her adventuring life in the small village dungeon on dungeon level
She did not manage to vanquish any monsters.
She had the following talents: Alert, Healthy.
She had a final speed score of 112 (final base speed: 112).
She was not particularly religious.
She did not ask for divine help.
She was lawfully aligned.

[Edited 1 time, last edit on 7/29/2006 at 13:44 (GMT -5) by nevered]
Silfir
Registered user
Writer of Overly Long Guides

Last page view:

4066 days, 16 hours, 6 minutes and 27 seconds ago.
Posted on Saturday, July 29, 2006 at 21:55 (GMT -5)

I have now generated a a Candle female troll merchant who loves rods and wands. I'll call her Innuendo, and see if she's any good...

She chose Alert, Miser, and Treasure Hunter. I just hope her being a troll will help survive the early game. I'll probably buy lots of food at Munxip's and go into the ID, then to the VD to get Healing, hoping there is some alter generated somewhere.

EDIT: Got Healing from Kranf Niest after being forced to kill Yrrigs. Went to the Puppy Cave before departing for the CoC and got killed by a corpse fiend who also sickened me, while paralyzed by a floating eye and bleeding from the wounds sustained by a claw bug. Them damned monster must have discovered frog king teamwork or something.

Achieved Level 7 and scored 4788 points. Oh well.
You drop the golden ball.
You kick the golden ball. It slides to the west.
Suddenly Harry Potter, the apprentice wizard, appears! "That's not how you play Quidditch! are you even listening?"
Which direction? (123456789) 4
Harry Potter, the apprentice wizard, is hit by a bolt of acid! Harry Potter, the apprentice wizard, is annihilated.
You hear the ecstatic cries of a large crowd!

[Edited 1 time, last edit on 8/4/2006 at 11:32 (GMT -5) by Silfir]
Darren Grey
Registered user

Last page view:

4237 days, 15 hours, 24 minutes and 17 seconds ago.
Posted on Sunday, July 30, 2006 at 08:59 (GMT -5)

All right, time to join the fun. And I roll... a male hurthling mindcrafter, born in Falcon. Well, crap - St is only 5! I'll see how this goes, but expect an early report of Malvin's demise.

EDIT: And now for the expected epilogue.

Was actually rather surprised at how good this li'l mindcrafter was. Took him to VD, and trained him up to level 6 on the first level before diving deeper. Accidentally fired a Mind Blast at Jharod, meaning I had to go get the Hotzy quest to assassinate him so I could gain Healing. Killed the carpenter (hit and run tactics with Mind Blast). Found an altar on VD3, and was saccing on it so I could get the piety to id some items, but unfortunately ran into a floating eye. It paralysed me and I got pummelled to death by an orc. Got to level 8, scoring 4919 points. Pethetic, but it's encouraged me to maybe try out mindcrafters more...
Waldenbrook, the dwarven shopkeeper, mumbles: "I'd offer 9 gold pieces for yer dwarven child corpse."

[Edited 1 time, last edit on 7/30/2006 at 12:02 (GMT -5) by Darren Grey]
Portrait
*Chaos Muffin*
Registered user
Chaotic Awesome

Last page view:

6122 days, 20 hours, 2 minutes and 39 seconds ago.
Posted on Sunday, July 30, 2006 at 22:00 (GMT -5)

Can i join still? yay!

anyhoo, I ended up with a Male Hurtling Assassin, born under the falcon, lowest stats were cha and ma at 8, highest being dex (duh) at 21 and tou at 16 with the rest ranging in the 12 area, and this little man started with a boomerang! yeah boi! thrown rocks and daggers start at lvl4 and he gets a boomerang at lvl 0.

Any way brief plan outline for Templeton, after his parents died he vowed to protect the innocent and became a vigilante of the night, saving puppys and carpenters and old sages all around, HOWEVER he has a sad case of dual personality and at some point in the future hes going to become a fallen champion, a terrible force of chaos that obliterates every thing in the ol D Chain before dissaperaring forever into the infinite dungeon.

OOOOOKAY
Templeton went straight to the smc to get the blankey, killed a rabid dog with his boomerang> found the blankey and escaped, he started with 3 talents which i used all to get treasure hunter, hoping against hope for a bitchn weapon generated in the smc, but no. Next talent was longstride, killed kranch and cronies with boomerang and some newly found scurgari, found an altar on VD6, and would come back to that later. saved yriggs, but was over confident in my dodging abilitys and health went down to 3hp after a series of critical hits, so i calmly prayed (OHGODHELPMEPLEASEIDONTWANNADIE!!), after getting healing went off to the Pcaves, found a pool but it dried up immediatly, pc4 were herbs and the most useless shop of all, a petshop. Exciting vault of Gnollys and Hyeanas. Selling off my amassed loot, found girdle of carrying and decent mithril armour, but still do kick ass weapon, main strategy is throwing boomerang and scurgari, then finishing of beasts with twin dagger attack. Decided to get precrowned at the VD6 alar that i had found, but got all my items cursed for trying to convert it (almost crushed to death by my loot when GoC went cursed) managed to recover, convert, and started sacrificing, cooking corpses and saccing them helped> and lo and behold, Templeton was precrownd with the bracers of War! YEAHBOI!

Then came the Smc dive, do shops, no pools, no altars, only one exciting vault of orcs on the last level> but from my loot i found a +4 ring of learning, crown of fire and a green orcish knife of devastation (sounds more impressive than it is) and a weeping orcish spear, and some returning scurgari>
Visited the old barbarian, now i have to find a score of rabid dogs, i wonder if forcefeeding dogs with potions of sickness would work? ;P

ThE cAvErNs Of ChAoS

Templeton lvl 13, 24 days have past
cant remember much of what happened, there was an undead vault that gave me 7lboots, and a wand shop with some handy wands (cold, digging, teleport)
Dwarven elder wanted templeton to kill a chaos Sister, which was piss easy (pyramid road) the ani-forest was easy, got moonsickle, did the ogre cave, collected my wand, went to the pyramid, obliviated Rhetep and cronies, went to the graveyard, used wand again on Nonnak, dug up graves, dug up more graves, dug up more graves, now templeton has a batttle axe of mayhem and weeping to match his dagger and spear, tower eternium shield, 2 more 7lboots, crown of ice, wands of poison and paralyze and a helm of water breathing> he has seen that crime *does* pay, and his eventual descent into madness and chaos has started (templeton now is lvl 17)

Still doing well,saved khelly, got a wand of wishing from 'gremlin pitting'in the DH, killed the greater water dragon, got to the casino (fire orb and RoHK's done) about to kill the greater white unicorn, before wiping out terinyo and finally learning disarm traps (started lawful) Templetons about level 36. will update tomorrow with stats and weapons etc etc

Okay, Greater UNicorn and his evil counterpart are dead, got 7poGA(yay!) Decided not no wipe out terinyo yet, as i would like to kill an emperor moloch at some point. and duh, Templeton already has detect traps, hes a bloody assassin :p, Templeton is weilding a sword of sharpness and a dagger of death, he found mithril armour of life (awesome) Used a wish to get the puppy to the girl, one of his last lawfull acts. Templeton is level 38 and is at level 45 of the caverns of chaos, just killed an exciting room of red dragons, finding a ring of the djinn to backup my wand of wishing, and an amulet of lifesaving. Might use the ring to get a Djinn in my kill list. Templetons stats are powerfull, due to boosts from artifacts (oooh, got the Ring of the Master Cat) So strength is a respectable 54, dexterity is a modest 78, all others fall into the 20-30 range, Hp with armour of life is around 700, missile weapon of choice, Scurgari of Death.
oh, and around lvl 3o something of the CoChaos templeton was 'threatened'by around 30 diamond golems, conveniantly clumded around the stairs- took a little while, but killed them all with SwordSharpness and DaggerDeath.
Temple, Temple, Templeton HOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!
(thundercats rip-off there by the way...)

OK, Templeton has killed the emeror moloch (took AGES had humanoid slayinmg quarrles and qaurrels of slaying, but they were just whittling him down, so went into melee (speed was at 205 due to quickling tree and trident of hunting from the bug temple) and managed to get the assassin insta-kill on him (i asssumne, because he went from moderatly damaged to dead in one hit)
Used a ring of the Djinn to kill a djin, which made me a fallen champion right down on d48, from potion of uselessness on D49 i got the fine leather armour (+another 15 speed), using needle and sting Templton obliterated the chaos mutants, jellys, servants> then switched to the ToTRRooster to tackle the balors and ghost lords (id better be carefull, Ive eaten Quickling Queens, Kings and One Quickling Bard- my life span cant be that much)

So ok, Ill update Templeton tomorrow after hes finished of Fisty, gone to the surface, heavilly corrupted by the chaos, seeping into his mind thoughts of pain and horror, he will wipe out all the settlements, all the healers and forgers, dwarfs and humans before going deep into infinity to find his own personal hell and rule there. wOOt! Go Templeton Tiny Corrupted Evil Hurthling of Doom!

Okay, Templeton finished off game nicely, wiped out towns and villages, went crazy and sacrificed himself to the dark god. (was meaning to travel deep into infinity, but decided this was a much more deserving ending)
So i have no items to show, but was using needle and sting and ToTRRooster for d50.

Screenshot

######### #############
#.......# #...........#
#..<..#*###############################################...........#
#.....#...#.................||.||..||.................+..]|....%..#
#########.#.###########################################..|..@^....#
#...# #.........|.#
#####.### #############
#.......#
####### #.#####.###########################################################
#...^.# #.# #......|....|.........../...|...............................#
#.....###.#############################.......#################.#.....>...#
#.....+...........................# #.......# #./%....# #.#.........#
#.....###########################.#####..%....### #..^(..(###.###########
#.....# ####### #...../......|#.# #.^(...^#...#
####### #$$$$$# #######.......#.#####^....%.#.###
#$$$$$# #.......#.....+(.......]#
#$$$$$# #########################
#######

Templeton St:26 Le:37 Wi:24 Dx:30 To:49 Ch:33 Ap:42 Ma:35 Pe:38 C-
DV/PV: 43/17 H: 0(914) P: 417(417) Exp: 50/31998738 D: 4 Sp: 164

Background Information

Name: Templeton Race: male Hurthling Class: Assassin
Eye color: green Hair color: black Complexion: tanned
Height: 3'2" Weight: 79 pounds Scars: 3
Star sign: Falcon Birthday: 2/Falcon (day 212 of the year)

YOUR HISTORY:
Your parents are travelling adventurers. They are doing moderately
well but are talented enough to survive.
During your childhood one of your uncles taught you a lot of things
about the history of your people. Your vast knowledge on the legends and
the lore of your people made you very popular with your friends because of
all the exciting stories you knew.
As a youth you spent a lot of time in the wilds exploring woods and
generally enjoying your freedom. You had a lot of fun and learned to value
the treasures of nature.
Your life as a young adult was characterized by steady
determination. Your goal lay clearly ahead of you and you never strayed
from your path.
You decided to become an Assassin.

Inventory
Total weight: 0 stones Carrying capacity: 6305 stones

Head : -
Body : -
Girdle : -
Cloak : -
Right Hand : -
Boots : -
Missiles : -

Stuff

Total weight: 0 stones Carrying capacity: 6305 stones

(nothing)

Weapon Skills

Unarmed fighting 1 +1 +0 +0 basic 25
Daggers & knives 12 +14 +8 +4 Mastery 72
Clubs & hammers 4 +3 +1 +1 skilled 105
Maces & flails 1 +1 +0 +0 basic 25
Swords 11 +10 +7 +4 Mastery 3
Axes 8 +6 +5 +2 excellent 249
Whips 1 +1 +0 +1 basic 25
Pole arms 9 +9 +5 +10 excellent 329
Twohanded weapons 5 +4 +6 +1 skilled 11
Staves 1 +1 +0 +1 basic 25

Slings 0 +0 +0 +0 unskilled 5
Crossbows 4 +8 +6 +1 skilled 3
Thrown axes & hammers 0 +0 +0 +0 unskilled 6
Thrown daggers 4 +8 +6 +1 skilled 49
Thrown rocks & clubs 4 +8 +6 +1 skilled 29
Boomerangs & scurgari 4 +8 +6 +1 skilled 28

Shields 6 +12 skilled 32

ÆRight hand: Î+64Æ bonus to hit, Î1d3+7Æ damage

No missile weapons available.

Skills

Alchemy .................. 68 (good) [+1d3]
Alertness ................100 (superb) [+1d5]
Archery ..................100 (superb) [+1d3]
Backstabbing .............100 (superb) [+3d5]
Climbing .................100 (superb) [+2d4]
Cooking .................. 71 (great) [+1] (mr)
Courage ..................100 (superb) [+1]
Detect traps .............100 (superb) [+2d4]
Dodge ....................100 (superb) [+1d5]
Find weakness ............100 (superb) [+2d4]
First aid ................ 84 (great) [+1d3]
Food preservation ........100 (superb) [+1d5]
Gardening ................ 51 (good) [+1d3]
Haggling ................. 78 (great) [+2d4]
Healing ..................100 (superb) [+1d3]
Law ......................100 (superb) [+1]
Listening ................100 (superb) [+2d4]
Literacy .................100 (superb) [+1d3]
Necromancy ............... 56 (good) [+1d5]
Pick locks ...............100 (superb) [+2d4]
Pick pockets ............. 1 (poor) [+4d5]
Smithing ................. 77 (great) [+2d4]
Stealth ..................100 (superb) [+2d4]
Survival ................. 70 (good) [+1]
Swimming ................. 73 (great) [+1d3]
Tactics ..................100 (superb) [+1]
Two weapon combat ........100 (superb) [+1d5]

Spells

Acid Bolt : 164, 15pp (Effectivity: +0)
Burning Hands : 98, 8pp (Effectivity: +0)
Cure Disease : 164, 8pp (Effectivity: +0)
Cure Light Wounds: 18, 9pp (Effectivity: +0)
Darkness : 1, 7pp (Effectivity: +0)
Disarm Trap : 14, 18pp (Effectivity: +0)
Invisibility : 14, 18pp (Effectivity: +0)
Knock : 10, 22pp (Effectivity: +0)
Know Alignment : 12, 18pp (Effectivity: +0)
Light : 12, 5pp (Effectivity: +1)
Lightning Bolt : 13, 22pp (Effectivity: +0)
Revelation : 8, 63pp (Effectivity: +0)
Slow Monster : 183, 7pp (Effectivity: +0)
Slow Poison : 170, 6pp (Effectivity: +0)
Strength of Atlas: 131, 10pp (Effectivity: +0)
Stun Ray : 6, 15pp (Effectivity: +0)
Teleportation : 306, 22pp (Effectivity: +0)
Web : 15, 22pp (Effectivity: +0)
Wish : 7, 5790pp (Effectivity: +0)

Ok, points aren't that high, because of fallen champion and sacrificial death, but Nyeah, i had fun.

His achievements during his adventures:

Templeton, the hurthling assassin, sacrificed himself to Fnordjar (after
winning) (after winning).
He scored 7677664 points and advanced to level 50.
He survived for 0 years, 136 days, 3 hours, 51 minutes and 8 seconds (114981
turns).
1 companion was killed during his adventures.
Templeton visited 137 places.

I drank 5 potions of exchange after winning, to signify the crazyness of templetons mind and body.

His strength score was modified by +16 during his career.
His learning score was modified by +25 during his career.
His willpower score was modified by +10 during his career.
His dexterity score was modified by +9 during his career.
His toughness score was modified by +33 during his career.
His charisma score was modified by +21 during his career.
His appearance score was modified by +34 during his career.
His mana score was modified by +27 during his career.
His perception score was modified by +26 during his career.
He was the champion of the arena.
Templeton brought joy back into the life of a tiny girl, before he killed her dog, ate it and slaughtered her.
He was the head of the thieves guild.
He defeated the arch enemy of a mighty karmic wyrm.
He adhered to the principles of the Cat Lord but fell from grace.
He stopped the generation of nasty bugs.
He saved Khelavaster from certain death.
He ended his adventuring life on level 4 of the caverns of chaos.
8695 monsters perished under his attacks.
The following 33 artifacts were generated during his adventure:
the si
the dwarven rune axe "Rolf's Companion"
the scythe of corruption "Moon Sickle"
the ring of the master cat
the golden gladius "Death's Sting"
the dwarven shield "Rolf's Saviour"> first time ive ever gotten this.
the Chaos Orb of Elemental Water
the Chaos Orb of Elemental Air
the Chaos Orb of Elemental Fire
the Chaos Orb of Elemental Earth
the lead-filled mace "Big Punch"
the cloak of Oman> crowning gift
the rune-covered trident
the sword of Nonnak
the elemental gauntlets
the ring of the High Kings
the phial of Caladriel
the crown of science
the ancient mummy wrapping
the ankh
the hammer of the gods
the boots of great speed
the bracers of war> precrown
the Chaos Orb of Elemental Mana
the black rune-covered dagger "Needle"
the black rune-covered dagger "Sting"
the robes of resistance
the ring of immunity
the sapphire amulet "Preserver"
the fine leather armour "Natures Companion"
the crown of leadership
the Trident of the Red Rooster
the weird tome
He possessed the following intrinsics:
He was fire resistant.
He was poison resistant.
He was acid resistant.
He was lucky.
Fate smiled upon him.
He was able to teleport.
He was able to control teleportation.
He was shock resistant.
He was immune to shock attacks.
He had the following talents: Alert, Beast of Burden, Extremely Hardy,
Greased Lightning, Hardy, Healthy, Immune to Pain, Iron Skin, Long Stride,
Master Packager, Miser, Porter, Quick, Sixth Sense, Stealthy, Tough Skin,
Treasure Hunter, Very Hardy, Very Quick.
He had a final speed score of 164 (final base speed: 164).
He was a messiah of Fnordjar.
He asked for 4 divine interventions.
He was chaotically aligned.
He was a fallen champion.
He was slightly tainted by Chaos.

The following monsters were vanquished:
16 air demons
2 air elementals
1 air grue
3 ancient black dragons
28 ancient blue dragons
1 ancient blue wyrm
1 Ancient Chaos Wyrm> taken with Sword of Sharpness and Dagger of Death
1 ancient dwarf
2 ancient minotaurs
10 ancient red dragons
1 ancient sage
1 Ancient Stone Beast> Sharpness and death
1 ancient white dragon
6 animated armors
84 animated trees
1 ankheg
14 annihilators
4 annis hags
1 arena master> Yeah, Templeton for arena master!
8 assassins
1 assassin prince> Ill take that dagger thank you....
9 balors
21 bandits
1 banshee
5 barbarians
7 barbarian leaders
1 battle bunny
4 beggars
21 berserkers
6 berserker emperors
2 berserker kings
7 berserker lords
4 berserker princes
8 big dogs
2 black baby dragons
2 black dragons
13 black hurthlings
3 black slayers
1 black unicorn
7 black wizards
2 blink dogs
35 blue baby dragons
29 blue dragons
1 bone golem
1 brown bear
1 brown worm
9 bugbears
2 bulettes
1 bunny master
1 carpenter
3 carrion crawlers
6 cave bears
15 cave fishers
11 cave lizards
8 cavemen
1 Chaos Archmage
6 chaos brothers
4 chaos eyes
2 chaos knights
2 chaos lizards
67 chaos mutants
4 chaos plague bearers
17 chaos rats
207 chaos servants
5 chaos sisters
7 chaos spawns
3 chaos spiders
3 chaos vipers
1 chaos warlord
44 chaos warriors
28 chaos wizards
5 children> they looked at me funny...
8 claw bugs
6 clay golems
1 cloaked ratling> thats for exhoritant prices!
3 cobras
3 cooshoos
18 corpse fiends
3 corruptors
1 crime lord
1 crystal statue
1 cute dog> and it felt great to do...
5 cutpurses
5 cyclopes
6 dark elven archers
2 dark elven lords
3 dark elven priestesses
6 dark elven warriors
9 dark orcs
8 dark sages
3 death oozes
1 demented ratling
30 diamond golems> yeah, a tension room...
70 dire wolves
12 displacer beasts
1 djinni> Yeah! useless Djinni! i kill you!!!!!
16 dopplegangers
3 doppleganger kings
2 doppleganger lords
1 Dorn Beast
1 dragon turtle
1 druid> hah! nature didnt save you know huh???
6 dwarves
1 dwarven artificer> because i could.
3 dwarven chaos knights
7 dwarven children> HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAH!!!!!!
2 dwarven elite guardians
14 dwarven guardians
1 dwarven inn keeper
1 dwarven smith> hahaha
1 dwarven weaponmaster>hahaha
16 earth elementals
1 emperor moloch> he took a few whacks...
65 ettins
5 eyes of destruction
5 farmers> and i raised them as zombies..
3 female dwarves
23 fire beetles
13 fire demons
10 fire drakes
12 fire elementals
23 fire giants
2 fire giant kings
2 fire grues
11 fire lizards
3 fire vortices
5 flesh golems
6 floating eyes
38 fomorian giants
1 fool> hahahaha foooooool!
15 frost giants
3 frost giant berserkers
3 gargoyles
5 gelatinous cubes
20 ghosts
10 ghost bats
4 ghost kings
1 ghost librarian> he said 'sssh' one too many times
39 ghost lords
178 ghuls
1 giant ant queen
22 giant ant warriors
11 giant ant workers
22 giant bats
1 giant bee queen
71 giant bee warriors
35 giant bee workers
10 giant centipedes
5 giant frogs
12 giant lizards
2 giant raccoons
129 giant rats
7 giant rust monsters
1 giant shark
5 giant spiders
1 giant turtle
4 gibbering mouthers
125 gnolls
7 gnoll chieftains
51 goblins
8 goblin berserkers
12 goblin chieftains
50 goblin rockthrowers
33 goblin slavemasters
6 goodwives> hahahahahahahaha
1 gorgon
7 gray oozes
1 gray slayer
6 great blue wyrms
16 great karmic wyrms> a tension room, took down with wands of magic missile
1 great red wyrm
1 great water dragon> with poison, posison and poison!
1 great white wyrm
1 greater air elemental
1 greater balor> took down with the ToTrRooster
122 greater chaos servants
70 greater claw bugs
7 greater daemons
15 greater mimics
2 greater molochs
13 greater mummies
2 greater titans
3 greater water elementals
1 greater white unicorn
4 green blobs
4 green hags
3 green slimes
61 green worms
2834 gremlins> yeah, i pitted
2 griffons
1 grizzled gladiator> i grizzled him to death
1 grizzly bear
2 half-orc bouncers
32 harpies
1 healer> ooooh, wahhhhh
11 hell hounds
71 hill giants
2 hill giant chieftains
2 hill orcs
6 hill orc sergeants
17 hippogriffs
16 hobgoblins
6 hobgoblin leaders
25 homunculi
8 huge bats
70 hyenas
1 ice vortex
9 imps
2 invisible stalkers
3 iron golems
161 jackals
3 jackal demons
10 jackalweres
1 karmic baby dragon
7 karmic lizards
41 killer bugs
2 king cobras
44 kobolds
18 kobold chieftains
7 kobold shamans
44 large bats
12 large dogs
69 large gnolls
9 large jackals
33 large kobolds
38 large orcs
3 large rust monsters
4 large snakes
193 large spiders
3 least daemons
3 lesser daemons
7 leucrottas
8 liches
1 lich king
3 lightning lizards
3 lightning vortices
30 lizard men
1 mad doctor
1 Mad Minstrel> stupid crazy poems
9 magebane eyes
15 magedoom eyes
1 margoyle
8 master assassins
1 master lich
10 master mimics
1 master necromancer
1 Master Summoner
9 master swordsmen
1 master thief
16 mimics
1 mimic hivemind
27 minotaurs
2 minotaur lords
1 minotaur mazelord
1 minotaur mazemaster
4 molochs
2 muggers
13 mummies
1 mummy lord
24 muscular dwarves> stabby stabby
6 necromancers
12 ochre jellies
49 ogres
1 ogre king
52 ogre lords
2 ogre magi
1 old barbarian> haha!
122 orcs
3 orc butchers
10 orc chieftains
51 orc scorchers
39 outlaws
12 outlaw leaders
13 owlbears
38 pit vipers
1 pixie
2 pixie archers
1 priest> take that midget!
6 quasits
97 quicklings> i ate them
1 quickling bard> and i ate him! w00t w00t
3 quickling kings> and i ate them
90 quickling lords> and them
2 quickling queens> and her...
24 rabid dogs
29 raiders
1 raider lord
255 rats
34 ratling archers
7 ratling duelists
8 ratling fencers
9 ratling master thieves
14 ratling thieves
7 ratling traders
4 ratling warlords
25 ratling warriors
2 rattlesnakes
24 red baby dragons
26 red dragons
12 red worms
5 revenants
5 rust monsters
101 shadows
5 shadow centipedes
4 shadow lords
3 shadow trolls
1 shadow wyrm
2 shambling mounds
2 sharks
1 sheriff> but not the deputy.....
3 shopkeepers
20 silver wolves
1 skeletal king
9 skeletal warriors
227 skeletons
5 slow shadows
1 Snake from Beyond> easy!!!!!!
45 spectres
4 staring eyes
33 steel golems
2 steel horrors
8 steel zombies
37 stone giants
1 stone giant lord
6 stone golems
29 stone grues
1 stone ooze
9 stone snakes
5 stone statues
3 swamp hydras
11 swordsmen
7 tarantulas
55 thugs
1 tiny girl> yes! take that tiny!
2 titans
17 trolls
3 troll berserkers
3 troll chiefs
6 troll kings
1 undead chaos dwarven berserker> purified to death
12 vampires
23 vapor rats
1 village elder
2 vipers
7 water demons
4 water elementals
19 water grues
35 water snakes
18 wererats
15 werewolves
2 werewolf kings
15 werewolf lords
1 white baby dragon
2 white unicorns
10 white worms
90 wights
1 wild cat> and i still have the ring of the master cat! HAHHAHAHAHAH! i sneaky!
1 will o'wisp
151 wolves
55 wraiths
90 writhing masses of primal chaos
11 yellow oozes
164 zombies

And Templeton got Necromancy from a potion of education! awesome, only made a few zombies, from farmers and thugs, tried it on a dwarven child corpse, but failed :(

*<< Words go here >>*

[Edited 1 time, last edit on 8/12/2006 at 01:58 (GMT -5) by *Chaos Muffin*]
ADOM Fan
Unregistered user
Posted on Tuesday, August 01, 2006 at 00:43 (GMT -5)

I'm in... having an awesome Beastmaster just die fighting the Cat Lord because I hit the 'C' which took off my armor instead of the 'V' to see how best to beat him. Oh well....

Our Tale begins in the small village of Hurlton, where our adventurous lad CAW decides that his life as a hurthling was just too boring. Being of a decent mind (learing 12) and weak arm (strength 8), Caw decided to purse the arcane arts... but which one? As Caw was a rebel at heart, he decided to pursue a career as a NECROMANCER.

Caw's parents were of average means and when they heard their son wanted to pursue a life as a necromancer, they would have nothing to do with him! Poor Caw.. nearly pennlies decided to steal some of his parents belongins before he left. He managed to sneak out with a dagger, an opal ring of unknown magical powers, a tract of Chaos (on needs to be in touch with the dark gods to learn necromancey.. right?), a wand of fire and some rations. Other than the poor robe on his back that was all poor Caw owned.

Born under the sign of the Sword, Caw had a knack for weapons... not that he cared much for using them. Weapons were for weak minded individuals.. not men like him!

Caw arrives at a peaceful little town. While in town he speaks with everyone he meets including a little girl who has lost her puppy. "I'll get it back for you Missy", said Caw. Moments later the town sheriff walks by and asks if Caw could help him with a brigand named Kranach. Naive, but energetic, young Caw volunteers to help catch the notorious bandit. Caw also hears rumors of a madman and agrees to see what he can do to help.

While in the village Caw learns of another, less savory town, farther out in the wilds. Ho, Ho thinks our hero, this seems like the kind of place for me, so off he goes to Lawtheihtl. As Caw enters the town he is acosted by a Cutpurse intent on taking poor Caw's coin... and perhaps his life. As Caw has not had the chance to learn any spells yet, he decides to whip out his trust dagger and lay waste to the brigand. After a few minutes of fighting, poor Caws decides that perhaps he should have spent more time practicing with the dagger instead of trying to raise dead cats. Thinking quickly, Caw reaches into his robes, pulls out his father's wand of fire and quickly barbeques the cutpurse. Then and there Caw decides to change his name to Caw Cutpurz... in honor of his first kill. While in town Caw decides to check out the local black market, seeing many things he would like to own... but just can't afford at this time. Caw also hears about a "gentleman" know for his many "talents". Caw speaks to the Master Thief and decides that picking pockets might earn him a little pocket change, however while he's talking an Outlaw sneaks into the room and attempts to separate Caw's head from his shoulders. Caw, still wounded from his last battle with the Cutpurse, decides... Screw the dagger, and whips out his fathers wand of fire once again. Needless to say, the outlaw is toast..hehe.

Well, I guess I'd better go get that darn girlie's little pooch, so off Caw goes to the dark puppy cave. Once inside it seems our heroes luck might be changing as hidden doors suddenly appear! Perhaps this Opal ring may be worth something after all thinks Caw. Then he spots it, on the floor.. a dagger, not any old dagger, but a dagger of the sun! Oh yeah, oh yeah.. we're cooking with fire now. Unfortunately there's a kobold who spotted the dagger about the same time Caw did and the kobold thinks the dagger should be his. A bloody fight ensues with Caw losing a lot of blood, but ends up winning the battle. "I've got to be more careful in this fights", Caw thinks to himself, especially since my fathers wand of fire is empty.

A bit farter on the first level of the dungeon, your Caw Cutpurz come across a Red pool! Wow, I'm thirsty, I think I'll take a drink... Boy, my head is hot, maybe I should take another drink. After his second drink poor Caw is seriously DEPRESSED. He can't quite put his finger on it, but that last drink didn't taste very good... Oh well, one more sip can't hurt that much thinks our intrepid hero, that is until he slips and falls and looses he scroll of identification. By this time Caw is getting mad and he decides to drain the pool... Mistake as 4 water serpents come pouring out. Fortunately for our hero, he choose QUICK and VERY Quick as his two starting talents.

Deciding that he was in not condition to fight a water snake, let alone 4 water snakes, Caw decides it's time to leave... THE DUNGEON and seek his fortunes elsewhere. "Now who else needed my help.. oh yeah, that madman fellow", so off our poor hero goes, heading toward another cave in a rougher section of the country, narrowly avoiding a group of outlaws hiding on the trail.

Once inside this new dungeon another Kobold decides to try and end Caw's life (and almost succeeds). Thanks to Caw's quick reflexes (and cowardly sense of self preservation), he beats a hasty retreat out of the dungeon and back to town where he wanders around for a bit, trying to heal up. Finally the monotany sets in and Caw decides to try the kobold one more time. This time Caw goes berserk and manages to kill the kobold while nearly dying in the attempt. Wounded and bleeding our hero continues looking for a way down, when from around a corner, a large, blood sucking bat comes flying right at him. Being a coward at heart, Caw immediately turns and runs. He only makes it a few steps before, he spies a goblin at the other end of the hall... TRAPPED! What should he do? Bat or Goblin? Caw decides to take out the blood sucking bat, first by throwing stones, which seem to have little if any effect and then finally pulling his dagger out and fighting for his life....

Poor Caw, God rest his soul... perhaps he should have chosen another profession that suited his nature... a farmer perhaps, or a bread maker. Ah well, the world will never know.
netlava
Registered user

Last page view:

6028 days, 6 minutes and 46 seconds ago.
Posted on Thursday, August 03, 2006 at 02:46 (GMT -5)

Just generated a male drakeling priest in Tree. A falling star killed the village elder... St: 19, Le: 17, To: 18

*Edit* got killed by a floating eye + orc combo in smc
found the blanket though

1703 points
Snwo aval ten

[Edited 1 time, last edit on 8/3/2006 at 14:34 (GMT -5) by netlava]
Portrait
Soirana
Registered user
Chaos Freak

Last page view:

4147 days, 20 hours, 41 minutes and 8 seconds ago.
Posted on Sunday, August 06, 2006 at 13:21 (GMT -5)

me also trying:

birthsign - book

character - male orc healer

i would have never thought about such a weird combination:
8 points in learning but 62 in literacy,
doesn't even start as chaotic, and surpisingly has some skill for weapons - second level for that stupid 1d6 club. Also in posession thick gauntlets for keeping hands clean.
4potions of extra healing in to pieces. one of them i gues should be blessed. and a potion of poison. for healer?
lowest stats eight in learning, nine in mana for potential spelcaster?
but 19 in strength and 23 in toughness should give him a chance. but 9 in dv...
of course i plan to make ultimate ending, but for a start i need to find better weapon and suitable target for a first kill. waterproof blanket...well, i think no, just check for the stairs.

a bit later:

went to bandit town - bought rocks in black market
4gp each, learned pickpocketing and picked a suitable first target -- outlaw.

a bit of fighting and that bastard ppanicked and run away. surpise, evil orcish doctor found only beggars and outlaw leaders (guranteed monsters also).

so he decided to make a first kill in small cave. choise was between kobold and goblin. great luck, indeed.

small cave was quite nice. lots of berserking, checking with stetoscope and first aid. blanket was found but not the stairs down. great planing.

so Evil Doctor went to the druid dungeon in hopes to find an altar. instead he found a shield and spear and started to build up deflecting value.

as level went to six and healing up to 100, he decided to go to puppy cave.

he heard a shop behind the ants, but went down quickly. a couple levels down luck smiled at last - he found some herbs.
with bit of orcish thinking, the Evil Doctor made some stable paterns- one for stats, another for healing.

another day:after picking enough herbs Evil D. descended in a vault just to found 7lb.

in d1 he found a gray altar and a couple levels below some more herbs. so orc went for two precrownings based on stomafilia and ratling killing---serpent's bite and scorched spear.

he passed the dwarwen tests, then pyramid and dwarven graveyard.

the evil Doctor got lucky exchanging rings and saved a sage. form books he left, the orc picked useful spells and went back to small cave.
invisible and teleporting everyone from his own way, he went down to highmountain village.

he killed his concurents malicious doctor and an oracle. in best traditions of his tribe he eated corpse. while doomed he hunted giant boars, untill got skull to prove his valor.

he made fast threw tomb of high kings, just to descent in rift, because has heard of library.
indeed, he found a lot of books and bravely read them. inspite of his dady's promise to come back as cruel ghost if Evil D. again will deal with elvish magic crap.

final day:
ToEF was easy. Evil D. managed to stun ACW and blasted him into oblivion with lightning bolts. and frost bolted good part of others.

then a fast dive into the caverns. to extra artifacts in the Casino-soaker and long sting.
went to get ring of cats lord.

got to darkforge from bellow and went back to the dwarftown to feed demented ratling.

the dragon in the circle was just a big and ugly pile of xps. no problem with standart orcish meassures - blinding potion quick followed by the slaying ammo.
repeated same with water dragon.

then Evil Doctor procedeed on greater unicorns. Killed both as asked, and than he realised that he forgoten asking for reward before he bravely slay the second.
inspite his learning was quite high orcs never were strong in thinking.

just after that he made a deal with old crone receiving strange medal.
than he converted back to neutral and started wearing marble amulet in hopes become a lawful.

since orcs was never very patient he picked his blue dragon plate mail and went again to caverns.

just befor an air temple Evil D. found shop of books and started acting wizard style. at home his daddy would take a stick and beat him back to orcish traditions.

but here story went quite fast while while casting bolts and balls.
an air temple felt quite easy - again a blinding potion and serpent bite did job.

just after sweeping earth temple with acid balls Evil D. became L+ and proceded with crowning, to get a gift - preserwer.

Evil D. decided as paragon of law to show example of the orcish justice - took a scroll the dwarven elder gave to him, made a friendly greater moloch and took him to dwarfton. moloch killed them all.

and evil d. felt happy - they have exploited him too much -- "cross fores" "killth e ogres" "slay the daemon". rule simple - weak must die...

on d47 he run into the greater vault of undeads. he knew advise - find stairs down and forget the treasures. but orcish pride moved him to vault.

he run out of power points, but prayed and got a help. but finaly he lacked the memorising spells. quick check revieled a wished before Alchemy, ring of ice, immunity to fire from the crowning and couple hundreds herbs in backpack.
after all was done, he found skullcrusher.

remaining was so fast unreal caves, blue dragon home, the mana temple, deal with assassins, when he went to Id for 47 levels down, because these goblins are so tasty. then back to wilderness, trade weird tom to mad ministrel, stopped generation of nasty bugs, slayed an moloch emperor, got TotRR. and felt again a time for justice.

he asked a sage so many times and heard no "thank
you for the saving" jus "maybe". so took another friendly moloch from small cave and ordered him to kill all humans in a tiny hamlet.
as said -- weak must to die, orcs need a space...

then Evcil D. checked his corupting powers and went to hunt quicklings.

remaining was not a challenge -- in d50 acid balls did job rewealing gate. and after that Andy was just a tiny god.

so now his lawful deeds are recounted at camp fires and interpreted by philosophers and
priests alike.

edit-- was one of easiestt characters i ever played strong and tough at begining, and casting almost all spells in end. 5 RoDS at lv 20 ofcourse helped.

edit 2: score -- 8643189
A root is a flower that disdains fame.
Kahlil Gibran(1883-1931)

[Edited 1 time, last edit on 8/9/2006 at 10:30 (GMT -5) by Soirana]
Cat Lord Lord
Registered user
Not really

Last page view:

5443 days, 8 hours, 24 minutes and 51 seconds ago.
Posted on Tuesday, August 08, 2006 at 14:59 (GMT -5)

I'm in.

Killer, the Trollish Fighter was a goner the second he entered the chain. He was born by a candle luckily, but it wouldn't save him. He walked into town and got a few rations or as he would put it "Killer buy eat hungry no". Then he went to an outlaw town, and killed a bandit woh disagreed with him. After windowshopping, he went to save a little girls puppy. Strangely, upon entering the cave he heard buzzing... About five hours later and a bunch of suicided bees he died.
Homework is not meant for home! It's a sick verbal coincidence!
-My brother
Portrait
FUNKtional Key
Registered user
A Die-Hard Tactician

Last page view:

5787 days, 6 hours, 53 minutes and 50 seconds ago.
Posted on Tuesday, August 08, 2006 at 21:08 (GMT -5)

going 4 this too...
gulped some tea and gone slashin=)

Tha Mighty RNG awarded me with the dwarven merchant specialising on potions=) born under dragon starsign (oh well..)

He was spawned as follows:
St:21 Le:12 Wi:13 Dx:12 To:16 Ch:10 Ap:10 Ma:8 Pe:12 7/6 H:24 P:2
Starting talents:
Alert - always
Wealthy - i decided 2 play a "true" merchant and was only looking forward to shopping in crimetown (this talent btw resulted in 6456 - not bad (but not good either=))
Being a dwarf my supa-dupa salesman posessed detect traps (useful.true=)
As for starting potions they were:
4X water,learning=),pot.toughness,berzio,2X cure poison,poison,healing - again not bad=)
His armor was also rather good - chain -3 +6

So the last thing left for evaluating the char was
checkin the stores...

gg:
when i just was about 2 enter the black shop i got chased by some filthy female=) bandit smth like kicking my ass=) ran around the shop once, then an outlaw went straight out of the shop, began attacking the bandit killing him in 2 hits=)
he was totally neutral towards me=)

The black shop actually contained nuthin *really* special except for scroll of identify and girdle of carrying. That was a pity but it turned even worse - i didn't have enough money 2 buy both devices. With haggling = 43 i managed 2 low the price to acceptable rate though that really didn't came easy (thanx, oh Mighty RNG!=) and bought 'em both. Also obtained hexagonal key frum Skriek.

I decided 2 save the puppy=)

at this point i wanna note that i actually sucked with 3897 points in the end, and i'm really annoyed by the fact that i lost the opportunity 2 play char i usually enjoy the most.
anyway if u wanna hear the slashin (and dyin) details so here goes:

- the 1st kill was a rat (no, i'm *not* going for an ultra)
- and (gg) the 2nd kill was orc scorcher who dropped orcish spear of the void=)
- found a blanket then=) which was rated as good by appraising
- managed to pass PC:2 all sneaky-like=)
- (gg) identify was destroyed by water trap (so it wasn't really a waterproof blanket. damn it.) and then almost immediately regained frum ratling thief=)
- made it 2 level 7, no usable recipes
- and yes, god dammit, PC:5 did contained an altar (Grrrrrrrrr!!!) - didn't manage even 2 find out what its alignment was=(
- got stuck in a corridor right there like that
z@l
where z is a ghul and l is cave lizard who kicked my ass for real (both preys wasted tryinna kill her in melee) berzio potion however did helped here - i fled.
- healed somewhat and tried 2 proceed 2 the f**kin altar only 2 find out that the level gets occupied by (no! noo!) gray oozes. threw coins like crazy but eventually got nailed by one of the motherf**kers and, well, died.

Here's the memorial

Dollar Bill St:21 Le:12 Wi:13 Dx:12 To:16 Ch:10 Ap:10 Ma: 8 Pe:12 L
DV/PV: 16/6 H: -10(57) P: 13(13) Exp: 7/3774 PC: 5 Sp: 100
Stunned Coward

Background Information

Name: Dollar Bill Race: male Dwarf Class: Merchant
Eye color: green Hair color: black Complexion: tanned
Height: 4' Weight: 180 pounds
Star sign: Dragon Birthday: 10/Dragon (day 160 of the year)

YOUR HISTORY:
Your father is a guildmaster. Your family generally is rather
wealthy and well-known in your home town.
In your childhood you were tortured by your cruel parents. They
seemed to thoroughly hate and despise you.
In your youth you enjoyed competition against others to the
fullest. You were a very active kid.
As a young adult you left your home because of trouble with your
parents. They opposed your plans for the future without understanding your
wishes. Thus you decided to live on your own. You wandered through the
country for many years, growing older and wiser and learning many things.
You decided to become a Merchant. During your apprenticeship you
specialized on magical potions.

Inventory
Total weight: 1260 stones Carrying capacity: 3525 stones

Head : -
Body : uncursed chain mail (-1, -3) [-3, +6] [400s]
Girdle : uncursed girdle of carrying [+0, +0] [15s]
Cloak : uncursed light cloak [+1, +0] [20s]
Right Hand : uncursed orcish spear of the void (+0, 1d8+2) [75s]
Boots : uncursed leather boots [+0, +0] [25s]
Missiles : 642 gold pieces [6s]

Stuff

Total weight: 719 stones Carrying capacity: 3525 stones

One-handed weapons ('(')
uncursed warhammer (+0, 2d3) [60s]
Missile weapons ('}')
uncursed short bow (+1, +0) [20s]
Missiles ('/')
bundle of 22 cursed delicate arrows (+2, 1d6) [44s]
Tools (']')
uncursed hexagonal key [1s]
blessed plain blanket [10s]
Potions ('!')
heap of 5 uncursed potions of water [20s]
uncursed potion of learning [4s]
uncursed potion of potential toughness [4s]
heap of 2 uncursed potions of cure poison [4s]
blessed potion of poison [4s]
cursed potion of booze [4s]
Scrolls ('?')
uncursed scroll of identify [2s]
Food ('%')
blessed iron ration [100s]
blessed large ration [200s]
uncursed large ration [200s]
cursed burb root [2s]
cursed pepper petal [2s]
heap of 3 cursed morgia roots [6s]
heap of 5 cursed curaria mancox herbs [10s]
heap of 6 cursed spenseweeds [12s]
heap of 4 cursed moss patches of mareilon [8s]
blessed moss of mareilon [2s]

Weapon Skills

Unarmed fighting 0 +0 +0 +0 unskilled 14
Daggers & knives 0 +0 +0 +0 unskilled 14
Clubs & hammers 2 +2 +0 +0 basic 35
Maces & flails 0 +0 +0 +0 unskilled 14
Swords 0 +0 +0 +0 unskilled 14
Axes 0 +0 +0 +0 unskilled 14
Whips 0 +0 +0 +0 unskilled 14
Pole arms 2 +2 +0 +1 basic 11
Twohanded weapons 0 +0 +0 +0 unskilled 14
Staves 0 +0 +0 +0 unskilled 14

Slings 0 +0 +0 +0 unskilled 7
Crossbows 0 +0 +0 +0 unskilled 7
Thrown axes & hammers 0 +0 +0 +0 unskilled 7
Thrown daggers 0 +0 +0 +0 unskilled 7
Thrown rocks & clubs 0 +0 +0 +0 unskilled 7
Boomerangs & scurgari 0 +0 +0 +0 unskilled 7

Shields 0 +0 unskilled 14

&#198;Right hand: &#206;-1&#198; bonus to hit, &#206;1d8+2&#198; damage

&#198;Ammunition: &#206;642&#198;, base range: &#206;2&#198;, &#206;-5&#198; bonus to hit, &#206;1d2+2&#198; damage

Skills

Alchemy ................... 46 (fair) [+3d4]
Appraising ................ 63 (good) [+3d5]
Climbing .................. 34 (fair) [+3d5]
Detect item status ........ 43 (fair) [+1d5]
Detect traps .............. 27 (mediocre) [+4d4]
First aid ................. 45 (fair) [+2d4]
Gemology .................. 51 (good) [+4d4]
Haggling .................. 43 (fair) [+4d5]
Herbalism ................. 31 (fair) [+3d5]
Listening ................. 28 (mediocre) [+4d4]
Literacy .................. 64 (good) [+2d4]
Metallurgy ................ 58 (good) [+3d4]
Mining .................... 63 (good) [+3d3]
Pick pockets .............. 36 (fair) [+4d5]
Smithing .................. 40 (fair) [+2d4]
Survival .................. 37 (fair) [+3d4]

His achievements during his adventures:

Dollar Bill, the dwarven merchant, was killed by a gray ooze.
He scored 3897 points and advanced to level 7.
He survived for 0 years, 3 days, 12 hours, 53 minutes and 46 seconds (3131
turns).
Dollar Bill visited 8 places.
His perception score was modified by +1 during his career.
He ended his adventuring life on level 5 of a dangerous cave at the Drakalor
Pass.
58 monsters perished under his attacks.
He had the following talents: Alert, Miser, Treasure Hunter, Wealthy.
He had a final speed score of 100 (final base speed: 100).
He was not very pious.
He asked for 2 divine interventions.
He was lawfully aligned.

The following monsters were vanquished:
1 bandit
2 black hurthlings
1 bugbear
1 cave lion
1 cave lizard
1 corpse fiend
3 cutpurses
1 fire beetle
4 ghuls
1 giant bat
1 giant lizard
2 giant rats
1 gnoll
3 goblins
3 goblin rockthrowers
2 goblin slavemasters
1 gray ooze
1 green worm
2 hobgoblins
1 homunculus
1 huge bat
2 kobolds
2 large bats
2 large kobolds
1 large orc
1 lizard man
1 ogre
3 orcs
1 orc scorcher
1 rat
1 ratling archer
1 ratling thief
2 skeletons
1 viper
3 white worms
1 wolf
1 zombie

sorry for weird grammar if present=)
played this challenge stoned as fuck listening 2 wefunkradio dot com=)
All roads lead to chaos, in the end.

[Edited 1 time, last edit on 8/8/2006 at 21:10 (GMT -5) by FUNKtional Key]
Milla Talyyn
Registered user
The Immortal Scribe

Last page view:

6329 days, 11 hours, 10 minutes and 14 seconds ago.
Posted on Wednesday, October 04, 2006 at 05:10 (GMT -5)

Actually my most successful characters have been by fate.

Anyway I'll take a whack at this.

The Chronicles of Vael, the Dark Elf Elementalist

IN THE BEGINNING...It was the 29th day of the Sword when our Heroine was born.
Unfortuately no one really cared because at the same time a Two-headed cow was born.

A few years later Vael hunted the freak down and burnt it alive. No one will steal her thunder...ever.

She knew she had a gift for elemental magic even then.

Sadly her parents didn't feel that way so Vael told them 'Screw you guys' and left home. They are on her immolation list

As we all know she became an Elementalist and ended up at the Valley which always seems to be under threat of Chaos.

But what does Vael want in life? To be a kick-ass Elementalist and massacare at least one village before she dies.

(Inital talents; potent aura and porter)

And the actual adventure begins now:

PART 1:"My Equipment Sucks and I hate Snot-nosed kids"

The first thing Vael did was check her equipment.

She was pretty sure that she used to have some nice equipment but there had been that party...and she had come to in a ditch with most of her stuff gone.

All she had been left with was two fire resistance rings, a dagger and a loaf of bread.

Woohooh.

Now what was I going to do again? Oh yeah, check out that Terinyo village.

*Enters The Village*

Augh! Stupid kids everywhere! Whinging for more candy and grabbing with their grimy hands.

A few singed eyebrows later and now they're running away screaming for their mothers.

Hahahaha...you better run for Vael the Dark Elf will slaughter you all! Hehehe

Shit! Did I say that out loud?

In the middle of Vael's daydreams of slaughter an especially grimy child starts whimpering about her dog which she threw down a cave. Now she wanted it back.

Then the tiny girl proceeded to hug the Dark Elf's leg looking up at her with what she thought was an appealing look.

Vael shrieked with disgust and was about to kick the girl of when she noticed the growing crowd of somewhat angry parents and children when she decided she may as well get the damn dog before a mob ripped her apart like a damp pinata.

PART 2: The Puppy Cave (Cool title to be decided)

Puppy Cave Level 1:
Vael entered the cave (Posing in a really cool way first) and set off further into the darkness.

Minutes later a goblin was the first of what the dark elf hoped to be many to die at her fiery touch.

Watching the ashes fall to the floor she giggled and a few more goblins and bats died in similar ways.

This euphoria died quick when she discovered that a river ran straight through the path. Luckily she had some swimming talent and plunged in.

Unfortunately she drowned most of the way and emerged from the other side wet and almost dead.

Crawling down the passage she almost met her end via an orc who thought she was easy pickings but with a rush on andrenaline Vael stabbed the orc to death.

I refuse to die so easily. She snarled mentally to whoever existed beyond the mortal realm.

PC Level 2: Vael was immediately attacked by a black hurthling and a goblin. Deep down Vael feared that she would die but then her eye caught sight a perculiar structure nearby.

An ancient grey altar.

She then knew what she had to do. Vael dodged and lured, leading her would be killers to their doom.

"To whomever is out there...I GIVE THEE LIVE FLESH AS SACRIFICE!" the ground rumbled as 2 supernatural entities fought over the gift.

Chilling feminine laughter echoed around the round the room, counterpoint to the angry wails as the altar from grey basalt changed to black obsidian.

So Lol'th answers my call...I thank you then, great Spider-Queen

After this small moment of MAJOR RELIGOUS SIGNIFICANCE, Vael realised she could her the patter of small feet. At first she panicked, thinking they were children but then she realised it was infact an giant ant nest by the nest opening she could see in the next room.

At first she planned to lure all the ants out to sacrifice them but a voice in the back of her head told her to wait and head downstairs.

Still bleeding from numerous small cuts she climbed down the stairs and hoped the ants would not follow her.

PC Level 3: After the excitement (IE: NEAR DEATH EXPERIANCES) of the first two levels. This level, Vael decided, was refreshingly relaxing.

She burnt and froze her way through the passages, gaining valuable life experiences that actually MATTERED. Vael came across a spellbook which revealed the spell 'Stength of Altas' which would allow her to carry even more tropies from her victims than normal.

You know, if she actual managed to survive looking for a freakin dog.

As the dark elf purposely strode down the stairs she noticed her wounds were healing quicker.

(NB: Gained +2 levels at this point and the talent Healthy)

Actually my most successful characters have been by fate.

Anyway I'll take a whack at this.

The Chronicles of Vael, the Dark Elf Elementalist

IN THE BEGINNING...It was the 29th day of the Sword when our Heroine was born.
Unfortuately no one really cared because at the same time a Two-headed cow was born.

A few years later Vael hunted the freak down and burnt it alive. No one will steal her thunder...ever.

She knew she had a gift for elemental magic even then.

Sadly her parents didn't feel that way so Vael told them 'Screw you guys' and left home. They are on her immolation list

As we all know she became an Elementalist and ended up at the Valley which always seems to be under threat of Chaos.

But what does Vael want in life? To be a kick-ass Elementalist and massacare at least one village before she dies.

(Inital talents; potent aura and porter)

And the actual adventure begins now:

PART 1:"My Equipment Sucks and I hate Snot-nosed kids"

The first thing Vael did was check her equipment.

She was pretty sure that she used to have some nice equipment but there had been that party...and she had come to in a ditch with most of her stuff gone.

All she had been left with was two fire resistance rings, a dagger and a loaf of bread.

Woohooh.

Now what was I going to do again? Oh yeah, check out that Terinyo village.

*Enters The Village*

Augh! Stupid kids everywhere! Whinging for more candy and grabbing with their grimy hands.

A few singed eyebrows later and now they're running away screaming for their mothers.

Hahahaha...you better run for Vael the Dark Elf will slaughter you all! Hehehe

Shit! Did I say that out loud?

In the middle of Vael's daydreams of slaughter an especially grimy child starts whimpering about her dog which she threw down a cave. Now she wanted it back.

Then the tiny girl proceeded to hug the Dark Elf's leg looking up at her with what she thought was an appealing look.

Vael shrieked with disgust and was about to kick the girl of when she noticed the growing crowd of somewhat angry parents and children when she decided she may as well get the damn dog before a mob ripped her apart like a damp pinata.

PART 2: The Puppy Cave (Cool title to be decided)

Puppy Cave Level 1:
Vael entered the cave (Posing in a really cool way first) and set off further into the darkness.

Minutes later a goblin was the first of what the dark elf hoped to be many to die at her fiery touch.

Watching the ashes fall to the floor she giggled and a few more goblins and bats died in similar ways.

This euphoria died quick when she discovered that a river ran straight through the path. Luckily she had some swimming talent and plunged in.

Unfortunately she drowned most of the way and emerged from the other side wet and almost dead.

Crawling down the passage she almost met her end via an orc who thought she was easy pickings but with a rush on andrenaline Vael stabbed the orc to death.

I refuse to die so easily. She snarled mentally to whoever existed beyond the mortal realm.

PC Level 2: Vael was immediately attacked by a black hurthling and a goblin. Deep down Vael feared that she would die but then her eye caught sight a perculiar structure nearby.

An ancient grey altar.

She then knew what she had to do. Vael dodged and lured, leading her would be killers to their doom.

"To whomever is out there...I GIVE THEE LIVE FLESH AS SACRIFICE!" the ground rumbled as 2 supernatural entities fought over the gift.

Chilling feminine laughter echoed around the round the room, counterpoint to the angry wails as the altar from grey basalt changed to black obsidian.

So Lol'th answers my call...I thank you then, great Spider-Queen

After this small moment of MAJOR RELIGOUS SIGNIFICANCE, Vael realised she could her the patter of small feet. At first she panicked, thinking they were children but then she realised it was infact an giant ant nest by the nest opening she could see in the next room.

At first she planned to lure all the ants out to sacrifice them but a voice in the back of her head told her to wait and head downstairs.

Still bleeding from numerous small cuts she climbed down the stairs and hoped the ants would not follow her.

PC Level 3: After the excitement (IE: NEAR DEATH EXPERIANCES) of the first two levels. This level, Vael decided, was refreshingly relaxing.

She burnt and froze her way through the passages, gaining valuable life experiences that actually MATTERED. Vael came across a spellbook which revealed the spell 'Stength of Altas' which would allow her to carry even more tropies from her victims than normal.

You know, if she actual managed to survive looking for a freakin dog.

As the dark elf purposely strode down the stairs she noticed her wounds were healing quicker.

(NB: Gained +2 levels at this point and the talent Healthy)

PC Level 4: I am so on a roll! Vael crowed, her good humour returned as she killed the last creature shrieking for mercy on this level.

The death of the Dark Sage had been partically sweet, he had dared to try and throw magic at her.

With contemptuous sweep of her arm Vael launched a volley of ice shards which mutually froze and cut the sage to pieces.
Grinning at her talent she realised that she was getting hungry and looked at the corpse thoughtfully...

...It was suprisingly tasty, although dry and it made her eyes blur for a second.

(NB: +1 level progression)

PC Level 5:

Vael looked around, this level was very cavernous and she swore she could hear ants again. Damn, she'd have to run through this quickly.

The elementalist raced through the level, cutting down anyone who got in her way mid way through she discovered that she could manipulate the flame in even more intricate and destructive ways which made her smile.

(NB:+2 levels, talent:hardy)

PC Level 6: Vael couldn't help giggling with excitement as she entered this level. There was just something about it which made her fired up.

This enthusiasm was dampened when she heard the yapping of a dog and watched as a fluffball emerged from the shadows, tail wagging.

"So you are the thing I'm looking for? If it was up to me I'd let you get killed and I'd point and laugh and maybe cook your corpse later-but I have to get the humans to like me-for a awile anyway."

Then dog simply wagged it's tail harder.

Vael then traveled around the level and soon realised that most of it was hidden behind secret doors. If she listened hard enough she could make out what sounded like the sound of bones moving without flesh-in other words undead.

***Scene of Vael totally massacaring the undead vault cut***

Panting slightly Vael looked with appreciation at the dog it actually had been useful.

But that was nothing, she had found a pair of Seven League Boots! This fact had her dancing around for a few minutes with glee.

The spellbooks were useful too.

The only thing now was re-tranversing the dangerous levels she had just come down. And that cavernous level was a bitch.

(NB:+2 levels)

PC level 5 (PART 2) (PENDING-SEEING IF OR NOT VAEL DIES OR SOMETHING)
Milla Talyyn, the immortal that writes things down.

[Edited 1 time, last edit on 10/4/2006 at 17:25 (GMT -5) by Milla Talyyn]
Portrait
Soirana
Registered user
Chaos Freak

Last page view:

4147 days, 20 hours, 41 minutes and 8 seconds ago.
Posted on Wednesday, October 04, 2006 at 14:59 (GMT -5)

is october part of summer?
A root is a flower that disdains fame.
Kahlil Gibran(1883-1931)
Milla Talyyn
Registered user
The Immortal Scribe

Last page view:

6329 days, 11 hours, 10 minutes and 14 seconds ago.
Posted on Wednesday, October 04, 2006 at 17:24 (GMT -5)

Errr...where I am it's technically spring,summer.

Aw damn, this looked fun and all but I guess it's already over. And I had fun writing it too.
Milla Talyyn, the immortal that writes things down.
Cat Lord Lord
Registered user
Not really

Last page view:

Posted on Wednesday, October 04, 2006 at 17:32 (GMT -5)

We need to have another one. I'm itichin for a way to die creatively...
-My brother
Molach
Registered user
Lord of DurisMud

Last page view:

5139 days, 21 hours, 18 minutes and 40 seconds ago.
Posted on Wednesday, October 04, 2006 at 18:52 (GMT -5)

Well keep it up by all means, until your char dies. Or wins.

Next one will be a christmas, or new years eve-thing.
Both those dates will give something special when starting. And one doesn't have to play on those dates either, for those of us who will be busy family-visiting or drinking. Just start a char and save it one of those days, play it out in january-february.

I kind of like the RaNdOm challenge, as this makes me play different classes than I'm used to, and since its a challenge, to really try to do well with 'em. But if any other ideas pop out of the community well go ahead. Christmas is a long way off still, but those who wait shalt receive
Portrait
Kirbot
Registered user
BattleHax0r of Devastation

Last page view:

5882 days, 23 hours, 36 minutes and 16 seconds ago.
Posted on Wednesday, October 04, 2006 at 22:41 (GMT -5)

Yay! I love these.
Molach: "I like to have 200+ hp and over 5 good healin potions when I do [the fire] temple. AND some way of killing the Wyrm"

Morio: "Some way of killing the worm is recommended, yes :D"
Portrait
Blacklion
Registered user
Jellies... BAH!

Last page view:

5003 days, 22 hours and 23 seconds ago.
Posted on Thursday, October 05, 2006 at 15:01 (GMT -5)

Somebody put up a new contest? I'd like to participate, but I don't think it's summer anymore (at least not here) :P
Cat Lord Lord
Registered user
Not really

Last page view:

Posted on Thursday, October 05, 2006 at 15:17 (GMT -5)

Christmas? Hmmm... Who does their best on Christmas? Merchants! They sell stuff right? Should we try a merchant one? Any race (or pick one). Or, should we continue with random. I don't care if it's random.
-My brother

Color mixer:
Red: Green: Blue: HTML color code: result:      
Your Name: Check to login:

Your Message:

Read the
formating help
Are you a spambot? Yes No Maybe Huh?
Create poll? Yes No   What is this?
Poll question: