Register new account
Edit account
Search

Ancient Domains Of Mystery, forum overview / Spoilers / Wish

Online users ( Unknown)
Application object not working properly at the moment, no clue who is online...

* Numbers in parentheses are the number of minutes since the user last loaded a page. Logged-in users time out after 40 minutes (unless they manually log out), lurkers and anonymous posters after 20.

Cat Lord Lord
Registered user
Not really

Last page view:

5417 days, 10 hours, 18 minutes and 9 seconds ago.
Posted on Sunday, August 27, 2006 at 14:02 (GMT -5)

I recently started a character, first female High elven archer of mine (wanted dexterity +1 for being female) and I got to dwarftown. On the way I got a wish from a pool, and got a amulet of life saving. Then, I got an ordinary ring, which when Thundarr identified turned out to be a ring of djinn summoning. I blessed it, but I'm not sure of what to wish for. They're level 13, have gotten pretty lucky so far. Everburning torch as a weapon (fairly good) a above average shield. I have several different kinds of slaying ammo (undead and jelly), haven't done pyramid, Dwarven graveyard, and haven't done 2nd dwarven quest. I plan on doing both. No artifacts except for si that I know of. Should I wish for SLBs? All my other chars find them pretty easily. Because I'm planning on saving Khelly and being crowned lawful (haven't been crowned yet) corruption shouldn't be a problem. All stats are ok, but TO is 11.
Homework is not meant for home! It's a sick verbal coincidence!
-My brother
Nchurmdaz01
Unregistered user
Posted on Sunday, August 27, 2006 at 15:32 (GMT -5)

I'd suggest wishing for 'pairs of 7LBs' or 'magical writing sets'. The second one is a good way to gain 3-4 skills from writing heaps of scrolls of education (food preservation, find weakness, athletics, herbalism).

The first one is quite obvious - the more you have, the more secure you feel. I.e. less dependent on RNG of those nasty traps and fire/shock/acid spitters.
Portrait
PeanutGod
Registered user
Lord of Misery

Last page view:

5024 days, 14 hours, 1 minute and 14 seconds ago.
Posted on Sunday, August 27, 2006 at 17:38 (GMT -5)

Ring of Weakness - For training strength up nicely
Seven League Boots - Never go wrong with them
Rings of Ice - Because it makes the Tower that much easier
Girdle of Giant Strength - Why not? +12 or +13 is good.
Any kind of Dragon Scale Mail - Decent Armour
Rings of Slaying - Never too shabby
Another Amulet of Life Saving - For Peace of Mind
Swords of Sharpness - A nice decent melee weapon
Scrolls of chaos Resistance - Never have too many of these, and nice to start collecting them early

Hope some of those help
Ladies and Gentleman, take my advice. Pull down your pants, and slide on the ice.

Molach
Registered user
Lord of DurisMud

Last page view:

5113 days, 23 hours, 11 minutes and 58 seconds ago.
Posted on Sunday, August 27, 2006 at 18:11 (GMT -5)

Eternium tower shields or eternium plate mails would make your character a lot more hardy.

You need to get precrowned. Once for sure, but two is not hard to do. You also need to pacify big room (if you havent already) and make sure you have morgia root growing there. TO at 11 is not very reassuring. TO give a lot of good to you when you get it to 25 - More PV, More HP, better sickness/poison resistance. Also you must have stomofillia in the herb farm. Then you can get precrowned using stomofillia, and train stats (WI and TO most important, but if you can snag DEX too it couldnt hurt). Use blessed water to grow more herbs if needed.
And pepper petal or spendeweed is good, weed obviously better.
Cat Lord Lord
Registered user
Not really

Last page view:

Posted on Sunday, August 27, 2006 at 20:34 (GMT -5)

Is precrowning really that great? I never really do. My guy might not be able to herb farm as he has no herbalism (as an archer had to do Jharod). I'm thinking of doing swords of sharpness. I'm not getting magic sets, no real blank scrolls, and haven't gotten any scrolls of education. I'm thinking of saving it for later, as I might get something cool for (pre)crowning. I'm probably going to train with Garth. If I don't do herb farm is there any other easy way of getting crowned? Also, could my guy learn spells? He has 19 Learning, but when I tried to learn magic lock I learned it once for 160 memory, but then got burned by reading. Do I need a high literacy or anything?
-My brother
Portrait
Iridia
Moderator on this forum
YASD

Last page view:

3728 days, 2 hours, 1 minute and 45 seconds ago.
Posted on Monday, August 28, 2006 at 00:16 (GMT -5)

Precrowning really *is* that great. You could get a really good artifact; or, if you don't get a very good one, you can boost your appearance and go sell it for a lot of gold.

If you can get precrowned, then heck yeah, go for it.
Die Gedanken sind Frei
Darren Grey
Registered user

Last page view:

4211 days, 17 hours, 17 minutes and 35 seconds ago.
Posted on Monday, August 28, 2006 at 04:08 (GMT -5)

You don't need Herbalism to farm herbs, as long as you have some way of identifying them. Mareilon shouldn't be used when cursed, but you probably have enough dexterity anyway. Morgia is fine to use cursed, so you can build your Wi and To up to 25 easily enough.

As for the wish, I'd definitely say pairs of seven leagues boots. As an archer you'd have a great time running rings round enemies whilst shooting them up. Make sure you get the fast missile talents too (Quick and Lightning Shot) and with high-trained skills enemies will barely get a chance to move.

Another option would be wishing for eternium spears. Your everburning torch won't do you much good in the tower, and spears give very nice DV (Always handy). Red dragon scale mails are another obvious choice.
Waldenbrook, the dwarven shopkeeper, mumbles: "I'd offer 9 gold pieces for yer dwarven child corpse."
Molach
Registered user
Lord of DurisMud

Last page view:

5113 days, 23 hours, 11 minutes and 58 seconds ago.
Posted on Monday, August 28, 2006 at 07:08 (GMT -5)

Form your herbs in 2x2 grids. Then you can harvest untill *1* bush fades away, it will grow back out.

For a precrown, if you have an altar handy outside dwarftown this is easy. Just stock up on food from arena, and sac the needed 40-50 monsters. If monsters stop appearing, change level. L precrowns are pretty easy as you can sac anything.

If you only have dwarftown altar, you can lure monsters from other level into town, take them to altar, and sac them. Should work. OR you could sell si's and sac the gold (along with spare food)

About your wish - I agree that 7lbs are great for archers, and well worth a wish.

However, you need to start worrying about how you are gonna complete Tower of Eternal Flame. Hard to shoot enemies when your arrows and bows burn up, eh? Mabye "rings of ice" could be useful if you dont find them by then.

So yeah, mabye you should just wait and see what you will need. And mabye you get something from the precrown (which you ARE gonna get, right) which will change your wishing priorities.

And if you get a good weapon from precrown, happen to find a ring and the boots and a good armor, well then you can wish for skills. "Find weakness" might be very nice for you in the long run. Or mabye even "Herbalism" for now. "Food Preservation" is a popular choice, "Athletics" for speed, "Concentration" if you wanna become a semi-caster,

I would suggest that literacy might help you learning spells, yes. Indeed. Totally. 19 Learning is good, but you need 100 literacy too. Get it as fast as you can. If you read a lot it might train itself. You can read the "papyrus scroll" and the "ratling pamphlet" (you get it after chatting to the ratling rebel by the arena a few times) as many times as you want. Will train literacy, or at least ensure you can increase the skill on levelup.

[Edited 1 time, last edit on 8/28/2006 at 07:13 (GMT -5) by Molach]
Cat Lord Lord
Registered user
Not really

Last page view:

Posted on Monday, August 28, 2006 at 07:28 (GMT -5)

Ok, about pacifiying the big room (yeah, I know how to do it) does it *have* to be done to herb farm? I pacified it with my barbarian, but it didn't do much good as there were a bunch of breeders on outside. And, if I recall it takes alot (15?) charges. I don't have enough booze for that or any re-charging. Aren't any altars outside dwarftown I think. Archers get Concentration, so thats not a problem. On the annoying side, I've been wandering around dwarftown so I *think* ancient sycthe has been generated. That means I have to gain a level. Should I do just harvest/kill everything in big room? I'm pretty sure I'll wait on my wish. Also, for (pre)crowning what are the odds of getting Sunstriker the elven bow? I'd prefer that to *almost* anything. I don't desperatly need moss, as my dex is some 23-24 (without my boots). Also, how many boots will I get with "Blessed seven league boots"? Find weakness could REALLY help, does it increase crit in range?
-My brother
Portrait
Morio
Registered user
Holy Champion of ADoM

Last page view:

3870 days, 15 hours, 33 minutes and 35 seconds ago.
Posted on Monday, August 28, 2006 at 08:32 (GMT -5)

if you don't need anything right now, I think you should save the wish until you have saved khelly, since the amulet might get destroyed, but RoDS are made of adamantium, and don't get destroyed that easily
"I don't know what World War 3 will be fought with, but I know World War 4 with be fought with sticks and stones." - Albert Einstein
Z
Unregistered user
Posted on Monday, August 28, 2006 at 14:03 (GMT -5)

I think that you get 2d2 (3 on average) pairs when you wish for "pairs of seven league boots".

I'd suggest to either wish for them now (not only this would make you able to outrun everything, but also it will save your time greatly in the wilderness, so you won't have to worry about corruption), or to wait and see what you will be needing badly later.

Magical writing sets are also very good, but if you want to use it for education, you require a sample (i.e. see one), which is not easy to get. (They can be also used for SoCR, which is easy to find.)
ej
Unregistered user
Posted on Monday, August 28, 2006 at 18:03 (GMT -5)

-Find weakness could REALLY help, does it increase crit in range?

yes it does, I'm sure.
Cat Lord Lord
Registered user
Not really

Last page view:

Posted on Tuesday, August 29, 2006 at 06:37 (GMT -5)

Ok, I did some herb farming, but how much stomafilla does it take to get close to precrowning? I'm just getting up my TO in dwarftown. I did manage to get Khelly the AoLS so I don't have to use my other one.
-My brother
Cat Lord Lord
Registered user
Not really

Last page view:

Posted on Tuesday, August 29, 2006 at 16:33 (GMT -5)

Ok, a few questions. How many stomafilla does it take to get precrowned? I sacked some 30. Do they have to be blessed? Also, if after eating morgia does it mean they've taken affect if my potential TO goes up? Also, I got a writing set but how do i get blank scrolls?
-My brother
Portrait
Soirana
Registered user
Chaos Freak

Last page view:

4121 days, 22 hours, 34 minutes and 26 seconds ago.
Posted on Tuesday, August 29, 2006 at 17:11 (GMT -5)

first precrown = 100 blessed stomafilia
food sacrifice is based on it is satiation value so blessed is obviously better.

dip scrolls into plain - not blessed, not cursed water - and you'll get blank ones.
A root is a flower that disdains fame.
Kahlil Gibran(1883-1931)
Portrait
Taz
Registered user

Last page view:

4997 days, 20 hours, 14 minutes and 28 seconds ago.
Posted on Wednesday, August 30, 2006 at 10:54 (GMT -5)

if your toughness is at it's maximum (check by pressing "@" without quotes) then eating morgia roots increases its maximum. if it's not at its maximum, it'll increase toughness. same for willpower. the limit for this is around 25, i think.

easiest way to get blank scrolls is to dip any scroll in uncursed water. you can find them like any normal scroll too.
Taz: A potion of gain attributes (4s) is lying here. Suddenly a stone block hits your head! Something on the ground is smashed to pieces!
PeanutGod: Awwww no! How harsh is that! This is where you need the artefact 'mop and bucket'.

Color mixer:
Red: Green: Blue: HTML color code: result:      
Your Name: Check to login:

Your Message:

Read the
formating help
Are you a spambot? Yes No Maybe Huh?
Create poll? Yes No   What is this?
Poll question: