Register new account
Edit account
Search

Ancient Domains Of Mystery, forum overview / Spoilers / Increasing Stats

Online users ( Unknown)
Application object not working properly at the moment, no clue who is online...

* Numbers in parentheses are the number of minutes since the user last loaded a page. Logged-in users time out after 40 minutes (unless they manually log out), lurkers and anonymous posters after 20.

Portrait
PeanutGod
Registered user
Lord of Misery

Last page view:

5046 days, 18 hours and 34 minutes ago.
Posted on Sunday, August 27, 2006 at 17:48 (GMT -5)

Howdy chaps,

My Archmage is coming along quite nicely, but bugger me, its bloody hard getting some of these stats up. So far I have:

St: 99 Le:61 Wi:49 Dx:48 To:37 Ch:22 Ap: 25 Ma:70 Pe:87

Now, strength is out of the way and done with.
Since I'm in the ID, Potions of carrot juice and carrot rooms take care of the perception.
Praying that I encounter Kobold Shamans and that they leave me a corpse gets my mana up, but what other good ways are there? I'm getting a bit impatient.
Learning - Well...crystals of knowledge and reading everything I come across is about all I can do I reckon. ANything else?

As for Willpower, Dex and Toughness - Any other ideas? I can't sit around and wait for potions of *stat* or PoGA forever, and I need to get my stuff up, so I can cast Wish. Currently have 1651 PP, have the mana battery corruption, and am charging my blessed wands and dipping them for all I'm worth. Of course, I'm hoping dark sage corpses and ogre magus ones come along as well.

Any help?
Ladies and Gentleman, take my advice. Pull down your pants, and slide on the ice.

ej
Unregistered user
Posted on Sunday, August 27, 2006 at 19:32 (GMT -5)

If I remember correctly to cast wish you need 1500 pp if you do it on silvernight while lawfull,

to bookcast it you need 50% more, if you have the right talents (I assume you do)

so you need 2250 pp, you already have 1651 pp so you need 599 more, but remember: you can use your hp as pp and every hp counts as 2 pp so you need to have 301 hitpoints to survive bookcasting wish, I assumee you do, so I why don't you give it a try.

I sugest wishing for scrolls of chaos resistance and using the mana orb (while wearing the elemental gauntlets to halve corruption), the wish for chaos resistance again, and repeat thats several times, while reading the scrolls each time ofcourse.

each time you use the orb you get a bonus to mana and you pernamently get some extra powerpoints, so after a while you wont need to use your hp to cast wish anymore and if your hp drop from the random stat drops you can stil cast it also your mana wont drop to one because youll get new mana faster then you drain it. youll also get you current pp full from using the orb so you can cast wish right after each wish.

If your are gonna try this be very careful not to corrupt yourself to death with the orb.

And maybe you should check these calculations I did, don't blame me if i'm wrong about them and you die ^^.
ej
Unregistered user
Posted on Sunday, August 27, 2006 at 19:39 (GMT -5)

and it might be a good idea to put on an amulet of life saving before you try it, in case you make a mistake, or wish for one when you are casting wish many times because you might make a mistake later.

good luck
Portrait
PeanutGod
Registered user
Lord of Misery

Last page view:

5046 days, 18 hours and 34 minutes ago.
Posted on Monday, August 28, 2006 at 04:10 (GMT -5)

Yeah.....er...........sad thing........I've already completed Lv 50. No Mana orb :(
Ladies and Gentleman, take my advice. Pull down your pants, and slide on the ice.

Darren Grey
Registered user

Last page view:

4233 days, 21 hours, 50 minutes and 21 seconds ago.
Posted on Monday, August 28, 2006 at 04:16 (GMT -5)

Don't forget the joys of potions of exchange to shift your stats around. If you have some easy way of getting your St up to 99 (eg ring of weakness + scumming the wilderness for ogre armies) then drink a potion of exchange to shift that 99 onto something else, then build up St to 99 again. Keep repeating till all stats are maxed out.

Although what ej suggests is possible, I'd recommend not having to rely on the Mana orb, since the corruption is such a bitch. You need to get yourself into a position whereby you have enough PP to bookcast the spell even when your Mana drops to 1, and that means lots more wand-draining. Remember that if you petrify creatures you can kick the statues and hope for wands. What might be worth doing is going to the wilderness or the white unicorn glade and cast Summon Monsters a lot, then petrify all the results. This will also train your Mana stat a lot. Pickpocketing them all could get some nice results too.
Waldenbrook, the dwarven shopkeeper, mumbles: "I'd offer 9 gold pieces for yer dwarven child corpse."
ej
Unregistered user
Posted on Monday, August 28, 2006 at 05:53 (GMT -5)

I rember I did the mana orc archmage thing, every time you use the orb you get something like 8 bonus pp, In the end I could bookcast wish 2 times in a row, then 3 times! But it is very time consuming wishing for chaos resistance all the time, But how do archmages useally restore pp then? if you wait for it to restore by time silvernight ends pretty quickly and youll have to wait for the next, and its boring. And gods wil become extremely annoyed if you keep asking to restore pp.

so you are gonna try to get enough pp to cast wish even with all stats at one? Seems like you'll be walking around looking for wands for quite a while.

also I really really dont understand why you want alll your stats to 99 only to ruin them again by casting wish, explain plz. I understand you need mana for pp and toughnes for hp to cast wish. but learning?,persection?, apperance? wtf?
ej
Unregistered user
Posted on Monday, August 28, 2006 at 05:53 (GMT -5)

And you complete level 50? How do you get back to the surface then?
Molach
Registered user
Lord of DurisMud

Last page view:

5136 days, 3 hours, 44 minutes and 44 seconds ago.
Posted on Monday, August 28, 2006 at 06:40 (GMT -5)

To ej: You cannot enter the chaos gate and kill Andor. So you simply clear all monsters on d:50, close the gate, and then you go back up (havent you done this yet?). Same as a normal win, except you don't leave the chain, you just linger.

To Peanuts: You can use the mana orb a few times, I usually fill up on corruptions right before getting unicorn to cleanse me before final dive. I save mabye 1-2 scrolls of CR, and use up the rest. Wear elemental gauntlets, and you can use it at least 20 times with all the SoCR you should have.

But getting all stats to 99 is not what you wanna do. You just wanna get high PP/HP so you can cast wish with all stats at 1. Because thats there they will soon be when you start casting wish 500 times. You then wish for 98 PoGA and thats that. Then you wish for whatever else you want (water you need a bit of). When your wishing is finished, you bless/drink PoGA and move on.

Potions of Ultra healing will give you max HP, Wands will give you PP (easy to get corruption), Potions of quickling blood will give you max speed. Use this to make your character as invincible as you wish.

P.S: If you do not have a spellbook of wish this will not work as you will use up the castings pretty quick. Remember 200 "castings" does not mean you can cast it 200 times, more likely around 30.

[Edited 1 time, last edit on 8/28/2006 at 06:43 (GMT -5) by Molach]
ej
Unregistered user
Posted on Monday, August 28, 2006 at 17:58 (GMT -5)

-You cannot enter the chaos gate and kill Andor

Yes you can!!

ok I get it.
Nchurmdaz01
Unregistered user
Posted on Monday, August 28, 2006 at 19:58 (GMT -5)

If I ever grow weary of my personal life, i'll go for Archmage myself.

Untill then... :)

Color mixer:
Red: Green: Blue: HTML color code: result:      
Your Name: Check to login:

Your Message:

Read the
formating help
Are you a spambot? Yes No Maybe Huh?
Create poll? Yes No   What is this?
Poll question: