Register new account
Edit account
Search

Ancient Domains Of Mystery, forum overview / Spoilers / Altar from N to L

Online users ( Unknown)
Application object not working properly at the moment, no clue who is online...

* Numbers in parentheses are the number of minutes since the user last loaded a page. Logged-in users time out after 40 minutes (unless they manually log out), lurkers and anonymous posters after 20.

Gulthorpe
Registered user

Last page view:

6092 days, 2 hours, 51 minutes and 56 seconds ago.
Posted on Tuesday, August 29, 2006 at 16:14 (GMT -5)

Encountered a lawful altar in the second level of puppy cave with the ants there. I was N+ at that time. Sacrified an ant and the altar changed from L to N. Then everytime I sacced the altar changed color from N to C and back again.

My question is that what would have been the fastest way to get myself to LN, so that I could have taken advantage of that altar and get some precrownings?

Will the ants spawn till infinity so that I would have gotten lots of precrownings well at least 2 with the level restrictions?

I tried thinking what should have I done. I was level 8 when I encountered the altar with my gnomish bard who wasn't the best fighter. Didn't want to go kill Keethrax, would had I even got any real chance against him, because he would have spawned an artifact. same for dwarven town and Sis. the puppy was already saved. I decided to level up to level 10 and check if I got any chance against Hotzenplotz. Well got my ass owned big time against him. =D

Gotta start a new game with a gnomish bard. I love 'em. =)
Darren Grey
Registered user

Last page view:

4211 days, 21 hours, 38 minutes and 26 seconds ago.
Posted on Tuesday, August 29, 2006 at 16:35 (GMT -5)

If you want to become the altar's alignment you have to sacrifice very small amounts of gold at a time (like 5 at a time) and it will gradually shift your alignment up or down. Keep doing this till you see the message "WELCOME BELIEVER". You have to be careful about having your equipment wasted or cursed though - generally best to take off everything apart from a single item you don't care about (or an artifact whcih can't be destroyed).

On the other hand if you sacrifice something valuable, like a monster, then you are instead trying to convert the altar to your alignment, which is what you did in this instance.
Waldenbrook, the dwarven shopkeeper, mumbles: "I'd offer 9 gold pieces for yer dwarven child corpse."
Gulthorpe
Registered user

Last page view:

6092 days, 2 hours, 51 minutes and 56 seconds ago.
Posted on Tuesday, August 29, 2006 at 16:57 (GMT -5)

Yeah, I know that thing. Thanks for answering so fast though. I tried to convert myself to L in order to have been able to sac those ants. Ants and I were N so the altar kept changing from black to gray all the time. If I had been L or C I could have been able to sac those things without irritating my god and without having the N and C gods fight all the time.

My question was how could have I gotten myself to L the fastest way from N+? Or could I even change altars alignment from N to L when PC is L and the altar and saccing is N? Will it still change from C->N->C->N..?

seeing me as a bard I've probably should have tame animals and backstab them to get to C instead and then saccing the ants. Would that have been the fastest way? I wasn't that eager to change to C although..

I hope you understand me. =)
Portrait
*Chaos Muffin*
Registered user
Chaotic Awesome

Last page view:

6097 days, 2 hours, 16 minutes and 48 seconds ago.
Posted on Tuesday, August 29, 2006 at 18:46 (GMT -5)

I find the easiest way to get to Lawful is to give food to beggars, works a charm, heres 20 large rations, 12 rat corpses, 18 iron rations, 48 bones..... and of course if youve killed kranach and hotzenplotz you get that Amulet of Order which helps as well.
*<< Words go here >>*
Portrait
Kirbot
Registered user
BattleHax0r of Devastation

Last page view:

5857 days, 5 hours, 50 minutes and 25 seconds ago.
Posted on Wednesday, August 30, 2006 at 00:19 (GMT -5)

You just have to kill Hotzenplotz for the AoO. Doing both Kranach and Hotzenplotz results in Tywat teaching you the Law skill.

[EDIT] Of course, you probably already knew that, but... oh well...
Molach: "I like to have 200+ hp and over 5 good healin potions when I do [the fire] temple. AND some way of killing the Wyrm"

Morio: "Some way of killing the worm is recommended, yes :D"

[Edited 1 time, last edit on 8/30/2006 at 00:19 (GMT -5) by Kirbot]
Portrait
PeanutGod
Registered user
Lord of Misery

Last page view:

5024 days, 18 hours, 22 minutes and 5 seconds ago.
Posted on Wednesday, August 30, 2006 at 01:50 (GMT -5)

Although you can also lead the sheriff into the Oulaw village, and sometimes he'll give you a 'deputy's badge', which is an AoO. Correct?
Ladies and Gentleman, take my advice. Pull down your pants, and slide on the ice.

Molach
Registered user
Lord of DurisMud

Last page view:

5114 days, 3 hours, 32 minutes and 49 seconds ago.
Posted on Wednesday, August 30, 2006 at 04:06 (GMT -5)

Nonono.

He had a L altar, and was N+.

Simply sac *1* gold at a time, and you would have become L (mabye LN, mabye even L)

*WELCOME, BELIEVER*

Now that you have messed up the altar to N/C (MAke it N) then YOU have to become L by some other means.
Easy ways I normally do are:
* Using L altar.
* Wearing amulet of order.

I havent tried giving beggars food.
I tend to NOT do the L quests except Hotz and Kranach if he is generated (very rare for me) because I want to be able to get the L+ boost if I need to. So I hold off telling girl about dog, and I dont kill evil doctor. Both of these will make you more L.

IF you are L at start (sadly) then you lure the sherriff to Lawintheholw and he will give you (uncursed) ' of Order. I always do this with L chars, because I always make myself N pretty fast
(For pickpocket, and eventually detect traps) and then the amulet can take me back to L at will.

Color mixer:
Red: Green: Blue: HTML color code: result:      
Your Name: Check to login:

Your Message:

Read the
formating help
Are you a spambot? Yes No Maybe Huh?
Create poll? Yes No   What is this?
Poll question: