Register new account
Edit account
Search

Ancient Domains Of Mystery, forum overview / Spoilers / odd characters

Online users ( Unknown)
Application object not working properly at the moment, no clue who is online...

* Numbers in parentheses are the number of minutes since the user last loaded a page. Logged-in users time out after 40 minutes (unless they manually log out), lurkers and anonymous posters after 20.

adomer2
Registered user

Last page view:

8010 days, 15 hours, 9 minutes and 49 seconds ago.
Posted on Wednesday, December 19, 2001 at 12:47 (GMT -5)

has anyone figured out, or seen, the ancient blue dragon that says "Mortal you may be of use to me...we'll see.." or soemthing like that.

or

i've met gollum in the CoC before and he was looking for the one ring of course.

or

that all mighty symbol of holiness person i've ran into in the BD caves. he's a capital K or R maybe, i dont' remember. but it's yellow and it's extremely lawful.
Amanda Sedai
Registered user

Last page view:

7895 days, 10 hours, 6 minutes and 9 seconds ago.
Posted on Wednesday, December 19, 2001 at 13:21 (GMT -5)

The blue dragon in CoC will give you a quest.

Yup, black hurthlings are Gollum. And have you noticed that all hurthling PCs start out with a cursed ring? (Personally I think Thomas should have made rings of invisibility corrupting).

Not sure about the third one. The BD caves? (excuse my newbieness).

-Amanda Sedai, a save-scumming newbie. (Hey, at least I saved that little girl's dog. Gimme some credit... ;-))
adomer2
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Wednesday, December 19, 2001 at 14:15 (GMT -5)

blue dragon...and what quest does that dude give you?
Portrait
Tha Messiah
Registered user
Angel of Death

Last page view:

7749 days, 12 hours, 45 minutes and 41 seconds ago.
Posted on Wednesday, December 19, 2001 at 14:31 (GMT -5)

I believe your talking bout Sharad-Waador. He's an ancient karmic wyrm. The only one in the game.
He asks you to slay an ancient blue wyrm, Srraxxarrakex, who is his mortal enemy.

THE MESSIAH,I'm here now,Worship me.
adomer2
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Wednesday, December 19, 2001 at 15:10 (GMT -5)

nah, not sharad..this is an ancient blue dragon, not an ancient karmic wyrm ;) he's usually a level above the blue dragon vault. he's never been hostile to me and he always tells me i might be usefull later.
adomer2
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Thursday, December 20, 2001 at 07:11 (GMT -5)

anybody?
HicPotboy
Registered user
Web-dude

Last page view:

7283 days, 12 hours, 53 minutes and 36 seconds ago.
Posted on Thursday, December 20, 2001 at 09:21 (GMT -5)

The mighty symbol of holiness I believe is the Kirin, which I had the luck, (or bad luck), to find. It was hostile and promptly erradicated me.

---
Hicpotboy
------
Hicpotboy
---------
Less twitch, more mental itch - saying by me.
adomer2
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Thursday, December 20, 2001 at 09:26 (GMT -5)

well, ok yeah that's his name....not much help though.
Portrait
Dougy
Registered user
What is the deal with cards?

Last page view:

5802 days, 3 hours, 34 minutes and 19 seconds ago.
Posted on Thursday, December 20, 2001 at 20:23 (GMT -5)

I believe that the message you get from the blue dragon is what any non-hostile blue dragon would say when chatted to. (i don't think it means anything, a few monsters say things like that)

ancient karmic wyrms are not unique... you can wish for one, or more... and they can generate randomly. (works nicely with a banshee, or death ray)

Ki-Rins aren't too bad, they don't attack lawfuls anyway. Just watch out for death rays.

Adomer from Australia.

DougyDougy - Dougy - DougyDougy
adomer2
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Friday, December 21, 2001 at 05:38 (GMT -5)

how often do you see non hostile blue dragons? that's the point here.... and why would he say that anyway? go out of his way to talk to a mortal and say he'll be of use to him. there's something to it i'm guessing. as far as ki-rin, i've met them, i talked to him, i'm asking if anyone has found a use for them. i dunno i'm just looking for clues.... you know?

Portrait
Tha Messiah
Registered user
Angel of Death

Last page view:

Posted on Saturday, December 22, 2001 at 14:05 (GMT -5)

Weird I've never met Kirin before.And no Dougy an ancient karmic wyrm is not randomly generated.Jus like quickling bard.In fact there are quite a few pc's who are unique:
Much like Oracles,ratling gaurdians,Ogre gaurdians,quickling bards,and so on.
Of course you can wish for em.
I still wonder why I've never seen Kirin.

adomer2
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Sunday, December 23, 2001 at 09:07 (GMT -5)

i've met ancient karmic wyrms several places before. that's not to say they are or aren't randomly generated, but i've seen them in the rift, vaults, and sharaarod of course.

anyway, forget it about the ancient blue dragon. i'm just trying to tie up all the loose ends in the game to find more clues.

Hassinen
Registered user

Last page view:

8126 days, 11 hours, 12 minutes and 7 seconds ago.
Posted on Sunday, December 23, 2001 at 09:46 (GMT -5)

You sure those weren't great karmic wyrms instead of ancient karmic wyrms? They both appear as a color changing W, I think.

BTW I just got my first win in v1 with a trollish barbarian! Yay! Next I'll try something else without scumming.

If something can go wrong, it will.
Portrait
Tha Messiah
Registered user
Angel of Death

Last page view:

Posted on Sunday, December 23, 2001 at 14:19 (GMT -5)

No adomer2 Ancient karmic wyrms are unique.Like Hassien said Karmic wyrms are found often.

adomer2
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Monday, December 24, 2001 at 03:28 (GMT -5)

aha, yep guess they were great wyrms then....
Portrait
Dougy
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Monday, December 24, 2001 at 08:03 (GMT -5)

Ancient karmic wyrms definately can be wished for. I've been testing to see how many levels you can gain with one kill, i managed to get 25, with a male gnome farmer born in the cup (lowest xp to lev of all combos), first thing he did was wish for an ancient karmic wyrm and death ray it.

They drop lots of neat eq, seven league boots are very common, as with amulets of free action and even wishes themselves (not common enough to make it worth wishing for one in a non-cheated game).

I still stand by that their not unique, even if you can mistake them for great karmic wyrms. Sharrdar-Wardor, or however it's spelt, is unique, in the same way the master thief is unique. But AKW's are not.

btw hassinen did u submit it to the HOF ? I can't see any recent ones, by troll barbarians, perhaps it's not up yet or something...

Adomer from Australia.

adomer2
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Tuesday, December 25, 2001 at 03:19 (GMT -5)

dougy no one's got you on trial here, you don't have to defend anything.
Hassinen
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Tuesday, December 25, 2001 at 05:10 (GMT -5)

No I didn't because with him I scummed to death. Not literally. Oh and I also did some save-scumming so I really don't want to spoil the site with some cheated bastards.

Although I've got a nice little dark elven paladin going on right now, although I forgot about the pyramid untill it was too late. Lvl 17 that is. I was emptying the dark forge for my quest objective "dwarven chaos knight". D'oh! He got precrowned twice for bracers of war and sapphire amulet "preserver" which I like very much. Regenaration, poison&paralyzation resist, and a nice +7 Wi. Lastly my neutral crowning gift was Perion's mithril plate mail, which is ok for now.

BTW I have some questions for some of you who might have a bit more experience with the game. Should I equip the crown of science to the ToEF? It gives me fire immunity, but also gives bad luck and dooms me, and I think this might increase my item destruction rate. I have 2 fireproof blankets and 1 ring of ice. Should I bless the blankets for a better effect? Also the ring is cursed so I'll bless it first.

Hey, this got a bit long.

Portrait
Tha Messiah
Registered user
Angel of Death

Last page view:

Posted on Tuesday, December 25, 2001 at 14:00 (GMT -5)

Dougy by sayin something is unique dosent mean that it cant be wished for.
Eg: Ratling gaurdians are unique but can be wished for.So can loads of other so called unique monsters.
However there are some you cant wish for.
Hassinen I think you already know this but if you wear the crown of science youre fireproof disintegrate fast.So bless em.

Amanda Sedai
Registered user

Last page view:

7895 days, 10 hours, 6 minutes and 9 seconds ago.
Posted on Tuesday, December 25, 2001 at 16:22 (GMT -5)

You can wish for a cute puppy, and it will turn out to be hostile.

-Amanda Sedai, a save-scumming newbie. (Hey, at least I saved that little girl's dog. Gimme some credit... ;-))
Hassinen
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Tuesday, December 25, 2001 at 16:58 (GMT -5)

Ok, so the monsters got me with an unlucky pressing of a key. From now on I wont go closer than 5 squares to an elemental altar before I've killed all surrounding foes...

But whaddaya know? I made a totally random char, turned up to be a trollish beastfighter. Born in raven, btw. Now this is weird, two char's in a row get BoW as their first precrowning, but I'm not complaining *g*. Oh and the second one yielded nature's companion. A bit of math for ya: 10 speed from raven, 15 from the armor. Soon I'll have athletics at 100, that's 8 more. And BoW boosting my dex to 25 it yields a bit more... Soon I won't be needing those bugs anymore =P

The moment I stop scumming I'm experiencing great amounts of luck. Let's see how I manage to get myself killed this time...

Locke
Registered user
Treasure hunter

Last page view:

7870 days, 22 hours, 9 minutes and 17 seconds ago.
Posted on Tuesday, December 25, 2001 at 18:18 (GMT -5)

OTOH, hich speed = less experience...

Locke Cole
adomer2
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Tuesday, December 25, 2001 at 22:13 (GMT -5)

yeah i've been playing no cheating alot too, no save scums or anything. i found 4 altars on levels 1-4 of the VD. my god hated me so i couldn't convert them though. died anyway..bee stings.
Portrait
Tha Messiah
Registered user
Angel of Death

Last page view:

Posted on Wednesday, December 26, 2001 at 13:59 (GMT -5)

Remeber the bug in g16pr2.If you dont cheat youd get a dagger with outrageous stats.

adomer2
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Thursday, December 27, 2001 at 03:15 (GMT -5)

i've heard about that...what were the stats?
Portrait
Dougy
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Friday, December 28, 2001 at 01:28 (GMT -5)

Ratling guardians are not unique - there's two of them. Wishing for them is probably more of a bug then an part of the game.

I feel that if u can wish for a monster they're not unique. In this ratling guardian example, and even the ancient karmic wyrm, if they're intended to be unique, they shouldn't be wishable.

Question, can ancient karmic wyrms turn up in karmic vaults ?

Adomer from Australia.

Portrait
Jan Erik
Administrator

Last page view:

3 days, 9 hours, 33 minutes and 8 seconds ago.
Posted on Friday, December 28, 2001 at 09:19 (GMT -5)

Speaking of ratling guardians, did you know that eating theyr corpse is considered lawfull (or maybe newtral). My char turned N- after killing them, but one of them left a corpse. Eating it gave the message "You feel responsible" and my align changed to N=

Jan Erik Mydland
HoF admin
Portrait
Duke Ravage
Registered user
Gravebane Zombie

Last page view:

5635 days, 2 hours, 47 minutes and 16 seconds ago.
Posted on Saturday, December 29, 2001 at 15:17 (GMT -5)

interesting....
IMHO if a monster (a) has a name or (b) never generates in a dungeon it is unique.

ivan.sourceforge.net
Portrait
Tha Messiah
Registered user
Angel of Death

Last page view:

Posted on Monday, December 31, 2001 at 15:29 (GMT -5)

If eatin their corpses does make you lawful then they might be of some use for someone goin for ULE.But isnt attackin one chatoic.
Guess but it's only useful if the lawful boost is high.

Color mixer:
Red: Green: Blue: HTML color code: result:      
Your Name: Check to login:

Your Message:

Read the
formating help
Are you a spambot? Yes No Maybe Huh?
Create poll? Yes No   What is this?
Poll question: