Register new account
Edit account
Search

Ancient Domains Of Mystery, forum overview / Spoilers / Most stupid ADOM suicide ever!

Online users ( Unknown)
Application object not working properly at the moment, no clue who is online...

* Numbers in parentheses are the number of minutes since the user last loaded a page. Logged-in users time out after 40 minutes (unless they manually log out), lurkers and anonymous posters after 20.

mattam
Unregistered user
Posted on Saturday, September 02, 2006 at 11:43 (GMT -5)

Let me share with you guys what i just managed to do: After my lvl 21 Dark Elven Wizard finished the library i felt a bit hungry and made something to eat (in real live) But i just had to see if i can learn that wish spell! So i went into one of the hill squares between the library and the rift dungeon, tried to read the book. Of course i was smart enough to drop everything first, so i would neither get interrupted by a running out strength of atlas spell nor crushed by all the other books...
Oh, i got teleportitis so i have no chance to learn it here. well, down to the water tempel it is then. Left the wilderness square conveniently by typing > instead of walking to the border ...

without picking anything up first of course!!! Not only leaving behind all the books, but of course food ...and my climbing set...

feel free to laugh...
Portrait
PeanutGod
Registered user
Lord of Misery

Last page view:

5024 days, 6 hours, 4 minutes and 38 seconds ago.
Posted on Saturday, September 02, 2006 at 14:35 (GMT -5)

LOL!

Ouch man,thats gotta hurt! Still, I know how you feel. Take heart in this one simple fact...

You will NEVER do it again!
Ladies and Gentleman, take my advice. Pull down your pants, and slide on the ice.

Portrait
Morio
Registered user
Holy Champion of ADoM

Last page view:

3870 days, 7 hours, 36 minutes and 59 seconds ago.
Posted on Saturday, September 02, 2006 at 16:00 (GMT -5)

mattam: you do know there is a climbing set in the library?
"I don't know what World War 3 will be fought with, but I know World War 4 with be fought with sticks and stones." - Albert Einstein
Portrait
Taz
Registered user

Last page view:

4997 days, 12 hours, 17 minutes and 52 seconds ago.
Posted on Saturday, September 02, 2006 at 22:37 (GMT -5)

ouch. but now i feel less bad about dropping most of my stuff (including all my wands) before fighting the master summoner with the mana battery corruption :-D
Taz: A potion of gain attributes (4s) is lying here. Suddenly a stone block hits your head! Something on the ground is smashed to pieces!
PeanutGod: Awwww no! How harsh is that! This is where you need the artefact 'mop and bucket'.
Portrait
Soirana
Registered user
Chaos Freak

Last page view:

4121 days, 14 hours, 37 minutes and 50 seconds ago.
Posted on Saturday, September 02, 2006 at 23:00 (GMT -5)

morio: take a look at wilderness map: hills are locked between two mountain squares.

the only chance is to cast summon monsters and hope the drop climbing set.
A root is a flower that disdains fame.
Kahlil Gibran(1883-1931)
Portrait
Morio
Registered user
Holy Champion of ADoM

Last page view:

3870 days, 7 hours, 36 minutes and 59 seconds ago.
Posted on Sunday, September 03, 2006 at 04:53 (GMT -5)

oops, forgot about that
"I don't know what World War 3 will be fought with, but I know World War 4 with be fought with sticks and stones." - Albert Einstein
mattam
Unregistered user
Posted on Sunday, September 03, 2006 at 08:40 (GMT -5)

Not all is lost... or is it?
Thanks for the kind words folks. :)
Ist it even possible for a monster to drop a climbing set in the wilderness? Anyway i will try: I just met a black wizard (how did he get in here without a climbing set? i already pickpocketed him....) And let him summon stuff. Among the stuff he summoned where wererats and werewolfes, and now that hilly region is looking rather overpopulated... well, maybe there will be a climbing set in the loot? slim chance but wish me luck guys... :)
Portrait
Soirana
Registered user
Chaos Freak

Last page view:

4121 days, 14 hours, 37 minutes and 50 seconds ago.
Posted on Sunday, September 03, 2006 at 09:57 (GMT -5)

have seen climmbing set being dropped in wilderness twice.

rare event but possible. hope you get lucky.
A root is a flower that disdains fame.
Kahlil Gibran(1883-1931)
Darren Grey
Registered user

Last page view:

4211 days, 9 hours, 20 minutes and 59 seconds ago.
Posted on Sunday, September 03, 2006 at 12:05 (GMT -5)

At least you should have enough corpses to live off...
Waldenbrook, the dwarven shopkeeper, mumbles: "I'd offer 9 gold pieces for yer dwarven child corpse."
mattam
Unregistered user
Posted on Friday, September 08, 2006 at 05:10 (GMT -5)

Thanks folks for the encouraging words...
I am still trying from time to time, but random encounters are extremly dull so its only a few minutes each day.
No luck so far... I guess the likeliest cause of death will be getting crushed by sis... We'll see...
Silfir
Registered user
Writer of Overly Long Guides

Last page view:

4040 days, 10 hours, 3 minutes and 9 seconds ago.
Posted on Friday, September 08, 2006 at 10:45 (GMT -5)

Well, you can always throw away all your sis and play the rest of the game without them ;)
You drop the golden ball.
You kick the golden ball. It slides to the west.
Suddenly Harry Potter, the apprentice wizard, appears! "That's not how you play Quidditch! are you even listening?"
Which direction? (123456789) 4
Harry Potter, the apprentice wizard, is hit by a bolt of acid! Harry Potter, the apprentice wizard, is annihilated.
You hear the ecstatic cries of a large crowd!
Portrait
Taz
Registered user

Last page view:

4997 days, 12 hours, 17 minutes and 52 seconds ago.
Posted on Friday, September 08, 2006 at 11:36 (GMT -5)

they come back to your bag if you try and drop them in wilderness, and he doesnt have anywhere else to drop them.
Taz: A potion of gain attributes (4s) is lying here. Suddenly a stone block hits your head! Something on the ground is smashed to pieces!
PeanutGod: Awwww no! How harsh is that! This is where you need the artefact 'mop and bucket'.
Portrait
Kirbot
Registered user
BattleHax0r of Devastation

Last page view:

5856 days, 17 hours, 32 minutes and 58 seconds ago.
Posted on Saturday, September 09, 2006 at 03:55 (GMT -5)

Anybody here who would be opposed to the idea of Jade recording all the items/etc. per wilderness square, like saving dungeon levels and whatnot? Because, quite frankly, that is a very unrealistic way to die... dropping all your loot and accidentally leaving the wilderness square, never to see your loot again...
Molach: "I like to have 200+ hp and over 5 good healin potions when I do [the fire] temple. AND some way of killing the Wyrm"

Morio: "Some way of killing the worm is recommended, yes :D"
ej
Unregistered user
Posted on Saturday, September 09, 2006 at 14:39 (GMT -5)

why?
Silfir
Registered user
Writer of Overly Long Guides

Last page view:

4040 days, 10 hours, 3 minutes and 9 seconds ago.
Posted on Sunday, September 10, 2006 at 07:13 (GMT -5)

Huh? Aren't you confusing this with the ID? Gotta try that next time.

Bloody si.
You drop the golden ball.
You kick the golden ball. It slides to the west.
Suddenly Harry Potter, the apprentice wizard, appears! "That's not how you play Quidditch! are you even listening?"
Which direction? (123456789) 4
Harry Potter, the apprentice wizard, is hit by a bolt of acid! Harry Potter, the apprentice wizard, is annihilated.
You hear the ecstatic cries of a large crowd!
Portrait
*Chaos Muffin*
Registered user
Chaotic Awesome

Last page view:

6096 days, 13 hours, 59 minutes and 21 seconds ago.
Posted on Sunday, September 10, 2006 at 18:11 (GMT -5)

Kirbot: all your stuff *would* dissapear, lets say a band of goblins come across your loot>
˙eah boi, stabby stab weapons, and trinkets, and a HUGe pile of gold! yay! WE IS THE TOUGH NOW BOIS!'
One team of uber-goblins
*<< Words go here >>*
The Real J.
Registered user
The faceless swordsman

Last page view:

5585 days, 16 hours, 17 minutes and 35 seconds ago.
Posted on Tuesday, September 12, 2006 at 00:51 (GMT -5)

I just made a very stupid suicide. A promising gnomish wizard, having just done the dwarven graveyard quest was cleaning up bugville after pinching the stuff from the statues. With invisibility (I'm playing 1.0.0) and bounced magic missile the place was a cinch to clean up.

I guess I don't need to tell the exact method of suicide (should be quite evident from the above). Especially annoying since the char was carrying a RoDS (uncursed though, and no holy water at hand) that was found from a great treasures grave in the dwarven graveyard. That's two promising gnome wizards lost in short time. The first got his ass handed over when Fisty and co. ganged on him on D50 and this one... Oh well, back to square one...

OT: It's not all bad, though. I found out that in addition to high level magic missile a high level burning hands is also very useful. The previous GW had BH at efficiency 40+ and it only took 3-4 castings to off an earth elemental or stone grue. The stone beast I whacked with Purifier (from Darkforge) after paralysing it.
Sytytä toiselle tuli ja hän pysyy lämpimänä jonkin aikaa.
Sytytä hänet palamaan ja hän pysyy lämpimänä loppuelämänsä.

[Edited 1 time, last edit on 9/12/2006 at 00:54 (GMT -5) by The Real J.]
Portrait
Kirbot
Registered user
BattleHax0r of Devastation

Last page view:

5856 days, 17 hours, 32 minutes and 58 seconds ago.
Posted on Tuesday, September 12, 2006 at 20:47 (GMT -5)

Well, maybe it could record it *until* you leave the wilderness square, at which point goblins steal your stuff... that way it wouldn't clutter up memory with all the wilderness tiles, just the one you just left.
Molach: "I like to have 200+ hp and over 5 good healin potions when I do [the fire] temple. AND some way of killing the Wyrm"

Morio: "Some way of killing the worm is recommended, yes :D"

Color mixer:
Red: Green: Blue: HTML color code: result:      
Your Name: Check to login:

Your Message:

Read the
formating help
Are you a spambot? Yes No Maybe Huh?
Create poll? Yes No   What is this?
Poll question: