Register new account
Edit account
Search

Ancient Domains Of Mystery, forum overview / Spoilers / killing andy

Online users ( Unknown)
Application object not working properly at the moment, no clue who is online...

* Numbers in parentheses are the number of minutes since the user last loaded a page. Logged-in users time out after 40 minutes (unless they manually log out), lurkers and anonymous posters after 20.

adomer2
Registered user

Last page view:

8031 days, 7 hours, 11 minutes and 59 seconds ago.
Posted on Wednesday, December 19, 2001 at 15:29 (GMT -5)

after i shoved my trident into andy and wasted his little punk ass i decided to mess with him before i slaughtered him again. this time i wished for farmers and goodwives, lol, was so funny to see them there with him. anyway, i killed enough solars and farmers and such to make me a fallen champ and it made me neutral, obviously. anyway it doubled the points i ended up with, 24 mill. or maybe it was because i wished for speed....anyway... was a funny ending.
Portrait
Jan Erik
Administrator

Last page view:

3 days, 6 hours, 47 minutes and 57 seconds ago.
Posted on Wednesday, December 19, 2001 at 21:28 (GMT -5)

When did you become a fallen champion? Did you back up a save file and then just close the gate?

"Regular" winns give significantly more points than the ultra endings I believe, so that might explain it...

Did you try to turn newtral on the chaos plane? IIRC you only need to be a crowned champion to get into the plane. Wonder what getting there, changign alignment and then killing Andy with the trident would make you. Chaos wretch or Avatar of balance?

Jan Erik Mydland
HoF admin
Portrait
Duke Ravage
Registered user
Gravebane Zombie

Last page view:

5655 days, 18 hours, 49 minutes and 26 seconds ago.
Posted on Wednesday, December 19, 2001 at 23:19 (GMT -5)

i bet it'd just crash. *g*

ivan.sourceforge.net
adomer2
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Thursday, December 20, 2001 at 07:02 (GMT -5)

no no, that's what i did....on the chaos plane, next to andy. i wished for farmers and goodwives and slaughtered them. i was lawful and did it until i became N then beat andy: avatar of order..i figured what the hay and did it till i was chaotic: ULTIMATE CHAOS GOD! :) so you don't have to waste time geeting the fecking scepter. also, i beat andy whilst drunk so i think that gave me some more points. i was laughing so hard, a drunken dark elf archer slamming away into andy, lol.
adomer2
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Thursday, December 20, 2001 at 07:03 (GMT -5)

btw, i did it w/o wishing for speed the second time so being a fallen champ must've gave me the point boost.

lol, don't worry jan, you won't be getting a submission for the HOF with this guy.

[Edited at 07:06, Thursday, December 20, 2001 by adomer2]
Portrait
Jan Erik
Administrator

Last page view:

3 days, 6 hours, 47 minutes and 57 seconds ago.
Posted on Thursday, December 20, 2001 at 21:42 (GMT -5)

Hmmm, IMHO you should submit a RFE about some special case there...

IMHO the PC shuold eitehr get auto-killed if he loose championhood while on the chaos plane, or he should get the chaos wretch ending after killing andy or some alternative unhappy ending (for the hero anyway).

Jan Erik Mydland
HoF admin
adomer2
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Friday, December 21, 2001 at 05:30 (GMT -5)

yeah i was thinking that too, but it's only to "go through the gate".. you know? i guess i could defend that by saying that it's the gate that contains the strange powers where chaos and normality mix..once you pass through the chaos gate the trident takes over protecting you. you just need the help of your deity to make the transition. andy's only requirements are that you wear his medal and crown. the diety did everythign in his power to kill me after i became neutral, that's his problem not mine, you know? i think it's pretty cool.

the gods aren't omnipotent, there are catches to everything. i think it's a good way to stab your lawful god in teh back one last time before you become UCG and reign terror upon the whole universe. seems even more fitting for UCG ending IMO.

[Edited at 05:33, Friday, December 21, 2001 by adomer2]

Color mixer:
Red: Green: Blue: HTML color code: result:      
Your Name: Check to login:

Your Message:

Read the
formating help
Are you a spambot? Yes No Maybe Huh?
Create poll? Yes No   What is this?
Poll question: