Register new account
Edit account
Search

Ancient Domains Of Mystery, forum overview / Spoilers / Tower of Eternal Flames

Online users ( Unknown)
Application object not working properly at the moment, no clue who is online...

* Numbers in parentheses are the number of minutes since the user last loaded a page. Logged-in users time out after 40 minutes (unless they manually log out), lurkers and anonymous posters after 20.

Cat Lord Lord
Registered user
Not really

Last page view:

5437 days, 17 hours, 53 minutes and 39 seconds ago.
Posted on Thursday, September 14, 2006 at 17:37 (GMT -5)

I've only had two other characters get this far, a barbarian and a priest. Anyway, my character doesn't have any rings of ice but some fireproof blankets. 80 DV and 40 PV on coward. 180 hitpoints, lots of PoEH. Spells include frost bold, acid bolt, magic missile, lightning ball, and alot of other random ones. I have wands of paralization, stunning, and webbing. I haven't done library yet, because I can't get climbing up to 100 yet. Should I go gain levels in ID? Or, should I go kill some people there to gain exp for Wyrm?
Homework is not meant for home! It's a sick verbal coincidence!
-My brother
Portrait
Taz
Registered user

Last page view:

5018 days, 3 hours, 49 minutes and 58 seconds ago.
Posted on Friday, September 15, 2006 at 00:46 (GMT -5)

i had a post about this some time ago :P

i didnt have rings of ice, but stuff that came in useful to me but you didnt mention were:
- dragon slaying ammo
- 7 league boots
- fire resistance or immunity
- potions of poison and blindness
- invisibility

i had 280hp when i went into the tower, and i think that 180 might not quite be enough.

what i did was tunnel in through a corner, lure the wyrm to the corridor i tunneled, poison him, get as far away from him as possible while still in arrow range, cast web. while he's stuck in the webs trying to reach you, shoot away.
Taz: A potion of gain attributes (4s) is lying here. Suddenly a stone block hits your head! Something on the ground is smashed to pieces!
PeanutGod: Awwww no! How harsh is that! This is where you need the artefact 'mop and bucket'.
Portrait
Kirbot
Registered user
BattleHax0r of Devastation

Last page view:

5877 days, 9 hours, 5 minutes and 4 seconds ago.
Posted on Friday, September 15, 2006 at 02:10 (GMT -5)

See my sig :)

| | |
V V V
Molach: "I like to have 200+ hp and over 5 good healin potions when I do [the fire] temple. AND some way of killing the Wyrm"

Morio: "Some way of killing the worm is recommended, yes :D"
Cat Lord Lord
Registered user
Not really

Last page view:

Posted on Friday, September 15, 2006 at 07:02 (GMT -5)

Lol, kirbot. The second might be tough. Taz, I do have 1 SLB, but no ice so I don't want to wear it. I don't have any dragon slaying ammo but I just looked in my inventory and found a ring of fire, what does it do? Fire immunity?I have 1 potion of poisno and one of sickness, will they work? I'm probably try to gain some levels on the other guys to get 200+ hp. I got invisiblity from my pathetic crowning gift, Cloak of Defense.
-My brother
Portrait
Taz
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Friday, September 15, 2006 at 12:57 (GMT -5)

if i remember right, my blessed SLB didnt get destroyed the whole time i was in the tower. i had the ankh (blessed) equipped too, so that might've helped. i could be wrong and not have worn it at all though, but since i had two spares i *think* i used it.

as far as i know, rings of fire protect your equipment from ice, just like rings of ice.

i'm not sure if potion of sickness works, but i threw one at the wyrm anyway :P
Taz: A potion of gain attributes (4s) is lying here. Suddenly a stone block hits your head! Something on the ground is smashed to pieces!
PeanutGod: Awwww no! How harsh is that! This is where you need the artefact 'mop and bucket'.
Cat Lord Lord
Registered user
Not really

Last page view:

Posted on Friday, September 15, 2006 at 20:27 (GMT -5)

Wow, it was easy. I mean, too easy. I acid bolted him once, only once, and he became scared. A couple more, he had to heal. Once or twice more, he was dead. He hit me with bolt 3 or four, but only 1 did damage. Really wierd, all my other ones had a heckova time. Thanks for the help!
-My brother
Portrait
Taz
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Friday, September 15, 2006 at 22:25 (GMT -5)

haha. i had a slightly harder time but it wasnt as hard as i thought either :)
Portrait
Kirbot
Registered user
BattleHax0r of Devastation

Last page view:

5877 days, 9 hours, 5 minutes and 4 seconds ago.
Posted on Saturday, September 16, 2006 at 04:47 (GMT -5)

Well, there's usually no harm in overpreparing, eh?
Molach: "I like to have 200+ hp and over 5 good healin potions when I do [the fire] temple. AND some way of killing the Wyrm"

Morio: "Some way of killing the worm is recommended, yes :D"
Cat Lord Lord
Registered user
Not really

Last page view:

Posted on Saturday, September 16, 2006 at 09:46 (GMT -5)

Yeah, but, my priest used every single potion and water orb, and barerly got out alive without killing him, then came back and beat him down. This guy woldn't have even had to use one. I guess the ankh really goes a long way. Funniest thing was I didn't even have alertness, or dodge.
-My brother
Cat Lord Lord
Registered user
Not really

Last page view:

Posted on Saturday, September 16, 2006 at 19:51 (GMT -5)

Darn, I died. Thought I could take a fire dragon vault. I actually could, until I tried to get close to the ancient wyrm and ball him. He did over 150 damage in one round. My second best character eva.
-My brother

Color mixer:
Red: Green: Blue: HTML color code: result:      
Your Name: Check to login:

Your Message:

Read the
formating help
Are you a spambot? Yes No Maybe Huh?
Create poll? Yes No   What is this?
Poll question: