Register new account
Edit account
Search

Ancient Domains Of Mystery, forum overview / Spoilers / bye bye grey elven priest :(

Online users ( Unknown)
Application object not working properly at the moment, no clue who is online...

* Numbers in parentheses are the number of minutes since the user last loaded a page. Logged-in users time out after 40 minutes (unless they manually log out), lurkers and anonymous posters after 20.

Portrait
Taz
Registered user

Last page view:

5018 days, 17 hours, 24 minutes and 1 second ago.
Posted on Saturday, September 23, 2006 at 09:47 (GMT -5)

so i was playing random characters and got a gnomish priest. i quite liked the mixture of spells and melee so after that one died i created a gray elven priest to play properly.

found some nice spellbooks in the ID, got to the dwarven city just fine, got teleportitis+teleport control (and a few other intrinsics) from pools along the way, cleared the dwarven graveyard at level 13 (teleport in, holy water on grave, teleport to necromancer, fry him with burning hands) then went straight to the pyramid and cleared it still at level 13. i didnt get any impressive items so far, but two potions of balance got me +2 in 7-8 attributes and i had a PoGA stashed for later. a few floors below dwarven city i found myself stomafillia, morgia and marellion herb farms (big room was too messy to collect herbs properly). avoiding cats was easy, i had really good music and even tamed a grizzly bear to help a bit in the graveyard (left him with the barbarian though). i was doing the animated forest quest and decided to go through DH (i thought: "how hard can it ben with teleport spell and teleport control?"). first floor was fine (stairs pretty much next to each other. second floor i ran into a shadow wyrm. now, last time i ran into one i had a pretty buff character, so it was a piece of cake. so i figured it wouldnt be too hard with this character of mine.

then BAM, once ice cone and i go from 75 hp to -13. if i had the mummy wrapping equipped... or if my bracers of toughness hadnt been destroyed... bah.

*shakes fist at RNG*
Taz: A potion of gain attributes (4s) is lying here. Suddenly a stone block hits your head! Something on the ground is smashed to pieces!
PeanutGod: Awwww no! How harsh is that! This is where you need the artefact 'mop and bucket'.
Portrait
PeanutGod
Registered user
Lord of Misery

Last page view:

5045 days, 11 hours, 10 minutes and 47 seconds ago.
Posted on Saturday, September 23, 2006 at 10:07 (GMT -5)

Unlucky my friend.

I love GE priests. They rock. Although mine always die in the ToEF. I've had 2 get past it, and they both won. God only knows if the others would have done so.

---

Ladies and Gentleman, take my advice. Pull down your pants, and slide on the ice.
Ladies and Gentleman, take my advice. Pull down your pants, and slide on the ice.

Cat Lord Lord
Registered user
Not really

Last page view:

5438 days, 7 hours, 27 minutes and 42 seconds ago.
Posted on Saturday, September 23, 2006 at 10:19 (GMT -5)

Ouch, that hurts. I had a human priest started with a friend and died to the same thing.He was level 33 and was about to do Air temple. Except, he'd killed several before. He died by aging. Worst thing was he had a blessed amulet of life saving on. It would be worse if he died later on. Was 75 your max? That seems pretty low. But ouch, that hurts.
Homework is not meant for home! It's a sick verbal coincidence!
-My brother
Portrait
Nchurmdaz
Registered user
Goblin flash mobber

Last page view:

5981 days, 5 hours, 4 minutes and 57 seconds ago.
Posted on Saturday, September 23, 2006 at 10:29 (GMT -5)

My Drakish Paladin was unlucky enough to get an ogre mage at arena. He was wearing AMW, but that didn't help. The bastard knocked down his speed with several first ice blasts without dealing any damage.. After that, drakeling was doomed - with a speed of 10, a regenerating opponent and no way evacuation there was nothing I could do to save him.
Ubi patria ibi bene!
Cat Lord Lord
Registered user
Not really

Last page view:

Posted on Saturday, September 23, 2006 at 11:16 (GMT -5)

Nchurmdaz, that happened to me once. I had a promising drakling healer born in candle, was great. I was clearing out the ogre cave, and there was one magi left. I decided, eh, what the heck and meleed him (instead of killing him easily by I forgot how). A couple frost bolts brought him to 10 speed. He managed to get away, but the ogre came up and i could've sworn he got some 20 hits to my one. He died.
-My brother
Portrait
Taz
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Saturday, September 23, 2006 at 11:47 (GMT -5)

i've never gotten that far with a drakeling to have that kind of problem :P

but yeah, my hp was just above 110 before my bracers of toughness got burned by a fire trap. then it went back to 70ish. i had just gotten easy access to morgia and was starting to use it, but i guess i should've trained toughness before moving on, eh?

oh, and i had an invisibility cloak with that character. found a few levels above the DH, if i remember right. never bothered to equip it because of the extra food consumption...
Taz: A potion of gain attributes (4s) is lying here. Suddenly a stone block hits your head! Something on the ground is smashed to pieces!
PeanutGod: Awwww no! How harsh is that! This is where you need the artefact 'mop and bucket'.
Gozer
Unregistered user
Posted on Sunday, September 24, 2006 at 17:40 (GMT -5)

Not to be nasty, but attempting DH with any character with less than 100 HP pretty much deserves death in my book.
Portrait
Taz
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Monday, September 25, 2006 at 01:48 (GMT -5)

yeah, i guess it was a bit stupid of me :-D

but teleport + teleport control just makes me feel bold, hehe.
Portrait
Blacklion
Registered user
Jellies... BAH!

Last page view:

4998 days, 21 hours, 3 minutes and 14 seconds ago.
Posted on Wednesday, September 27, 2006 at 15:26 (GMT -5)

Whee, really nice.. I just lost one VERY promising low-level character (dwarven wizard, hehe.. But the spells he got from beginning; Invisibility, Teleportation, got adamantium tower shield and nice spear etc, all needed herbs, a wish from pool (second drink :P) to a crash, which I actually caused myself *bangs head to a wall*... I restarted my computer without quitting adom first.

Now, Random Character Terminator was really, really mean to me. I started another dwarven character, and guess what I found first? quarterstaff of devastation! And guess where I step 20 seconds later on? That's right, our beloved fireball trap :S

[Edited 1 time, last edit on 9/28/2006 at 02:15 (GMT -5) by Blacklion]
mattam
Unregistered user
Posted on Friday, September 29, 2006 at 14:01 (GMT -5)

I've got a trick for DH wich you guys might find interesting: If i only have 1 Scroll of Magic mapping i first go down the stairs to DH1, back up again, then treverse the animated forest, up to DH2, read scroll, and voila: If you get through you already know where the stairs are on DH1.
But i too lost many promising characters in DH...
Portrait
Soirana
Registered user
Chaos Freak

Last page view:

4142 days, 19 hours, 43 minutes and 59 seconds ago.
Posted on Friday, September 29, 2006 at 14:51 (GMT -5)

and i always thought the point of DH is aviding these damned trees
A root is a flower that disdains fame.
Kahlil Gibran(1883-1931)
mattam
Unregistered user
Posted on Sunday, October 01, 2006 at 16:28 (GMT -5)

True, but this way you only have to do AF once.
avv
Registered user

Last page view:

6359 days, 17 hours, 5 minutes and 50 seconds ago.
Posted on Thursday, October 05, 2006 at 09:17 (GMT -5)

That's nothing. I just deleted my ADOM and all the saves and emptied recycler because I couldn't stop playing ADOM and I had exam week.
My dwarven monk was on level 32, had the Axe of minotaur emperor, Sunstriker, Seven League Boots, Girdle of Giant Strength, Iron Crown of Havlor, Cloak of Oman and the Ring of the Master Cat. He was a badass, the ancien stone beast died after like 5-6 hits. But real life is more important. I regret nothing.
Portrait
PeanutGod
Registered user
Lord of Misery

Last page view:

5045 days, 11 hours, 10 minutes and 47 seconds ago.
Posted on Thursday, October 05, 2006 at 12:18 (GMT -5)

Each to his own. Personally, I would have just copied the game and told someone to hold onto it for me until my exams were over!

Is it me? Or do GE Priests not find Iceball like.....EVER?! It could be that I'm just unlucky with em.

-----------

Cat Lord Lord
Registered user
Not really

Last page view:

Posted on Thursday, October 05, 2006 at 15:20 (GMT -5)

Oh... my.... god.... I would NEVER delete that save. I would delete half my other games, but not that save. But I mean.... why? Meh, I haven't gotten to exams yet so I can't really know.
-My brother
Darren Grey
Registered user

Last page view:

4232 days, 14 hours, 27 minutes and 8 seconds ago.
Posted on Friday, October 06, 2006 at 07:36 (GMT -5)

Priests find less ball spells because the different ball magics are arcane and not clerical. On the other hand they find hordes of Bless and Cure Light Wounds.
Waldenbrook, the dwarven shopkeeper, mumbles: "I'd offer 9 gold pieces for yer dwarven child corpse."
Portrait
Nchurmdaz
Registered user
Goblin flash mobber

Last page view:

Posted on Sunday, October 08, 2006 at 11:43 (GMT -5)

Priests find divine ball books. My lvl 20 drakish pal has already dscovered two books of heavenly fury = lighting ball.
Ubi patria ibi bene!
Red October
Registered user

Last page view:

5666 days, 6 hours, 3 minutes and 9 seconds ago.
Posted on Tuesday, October 10, 2006 at 13:15 (GMT -5)

I personally can't stand the animated forest and will always do the Dwarven Halls. I've gotten lucky in the halls but the forest always seems to kill me. Once I found out that the trees can never be killed altogether, I left the place alone for good. I HATE those trees.
Battle Bunny: "Ach, maybe his Christian altar was stepped on.
By a moloch."
Portrait
Maelstrom
Registered user
The Knight of the Black Rose

Last page view:

3110 days, 9 hours, 56 minutes and 20 seconds ago.
Posted on Tuesday, October 10, 2006 at 13:38 (GMT -5)

They're good, as long as you have a DV of 80 (on coward, you're not gonna attack trees anyway), and have a speed over 110.
Seven League Boots make the forest a walk in the park, since none of the hostile trees can keep up with you... Damn, just realised that that's what a walk in the park is - no hostile trees can follow you in a normal park either ;P
A pessimist sees a dark tunnel.
An optimist sees a light at the end of that tunnel.
A realist sees a train.
And the train driver sees three idiots on the tracks.
Cat Lord Lord
Registered user
Not really

Last page view:

Posted on Tuesday, October 10, 2006 at 15:27 (GMT -5)

I hate the animated forest. I lost a very promising hurthling weaponsmith with random drop robes of resistance. I've even got a surge of power in DH.
-My brother
Portrait
Maelstrom
Registered user
The Knight of the Black Rose

Last page view:

3110 days, 9 hours, 56 minutes and 20 seconds ago.
Posted on Tuesday, October 10, 2006 at 17:46 (GMT -5)

How may I ask? Sure, the forest is annoying, but I've yet to loose a character there. At least a character over lvl 11, who didn't kill 2000+ trees for fun.

... wait, I did. To the "too much items" error, courtesy of the banshee ;)
A pessimist sees a dark tunnel.
An optimist sees a light at the end of that tunnel.
A realist sees a train.
And the train driver sees three idiots on the tracks.
Portrait
Nchurmdaz
Registered user
Goblin flash mobber

Last page view:

Posted on Tuesday, October 10, 2006 at 18:33 (GMT -5)

must be something like 65k of them to crash the game. Imagine descending to ID 65k, and recieving a message "error: too many levels" :D
Ubi patria ibi bene!

Color mixer:
Red: Green: Blue: HTML color code: result:      
Your Name: Check to login:

Your Message:

Read the
formating help
Are you a spambot? Yes No Maybe Huh?
Create poll? Yes No   What is this?
Poll question: