Register new account
Edit account
Search

Ancient Domains Of Mystery, forum overview / Spoilers / Danger level - item generation

Online users ( Unknown)
Application object not working properly at the moment, no clue who is online...

* Numbers in parentheses are the number of minutes since the user last loaded a page. Logged-in users time out after 40 minutes (unless they manually log out), lurkers and anonymous posters after 20.

Molach
Registered user
Lord of DurisMud

Last page view:

5113 days, 22 hours, 15 minutes and 48 seconds ago.
Posted on Sunday, October 08, 2006 at 07:23 (GMT -5)

I was under the impression that if an item has a certain "danger level", this means it cannot be generated in places with lower danger level...?

So RoDS have 0% chance of generation in D:1-7...right?

If this is the case, then I just got a very good item generated in D:5 -> an Eternium plate mail! (it was even "red eternium plate mail of health")

Danger level for the item : 36

Nice luck eh?

It was, however, generated in the arena, after my 20 fights. I must therefore conclude that the arena becomes a higher danger level when you fight there, and not like I thought that one monster was generated. And danger level greater than 36 too... something to think about when going for that cheap gold/exp.

Well, on to win my game with my spanky new armor
Cat Lord Lord
Registered user
Not really

Last page view:

5417 days, 9 hours, 21 minutes and 59 seconds ago.
Posted on Sunday, October 08, 2006 at 10:13 (GMT -5)

I think item drops for people are different. Ever gotten SLBs from the puppy vault? What person was it a drop of? Big boss guy? Or little puppy. Also, luck/fate smiles might have something to do. Anyway, congrats and good luck.
Homework is not meant for home! It's a sick verbal coincidence!
-My brother
Portrait
Taz
Registered user

Last page view:

4997 days, 19 hours, 18 minutes and 18 seconds ago.
Posted on Sunday, October 08, 2006 at 12:17 (GMT -5)

what level was your character? that's a pretty nice sufix and prefix :P
Taz: A potion of gain attributes (4s) is lying here. Suddenly a stone block hits your head! Something on the ground is smashed to pieces!
PeanutGod: Awwww no! How harsh is that! This is where you need the artefact 'mop and bucket'.
netlava
Registered user

Last page view:

6002 days, 1 hour, 3 minutes and 54 seconds ago.
Posted on Sunday, October 08, 2006 at 14:06 (GMT -5)

Eternium plate mail is dropped by chaos warriors and chaos knights no matter the danger level.
Snwo aval ten
Silfir
Registered user
Writer of Overly Long Guides

Last page view:

4040 days, 17 hours, 3 minutes and 35 seconds ago.
Posted on Sunday, October 08, 2006 at 19:13 (GMT -5)

Is the chance really nil or just very very very low?
I once got seven league boots lying about in SMC (They were lying on the stairs, even, and I was a level 1 PC), so I think you can always have exceptional luck in the game.
You drop the golden ball.
You kick the golden ball. It slides to the west.
Suddenly Harry Potter, the apprentice wizard, appears! "That's not how you play Quidditch! are you even listening?"
Which direction? (123456789) 4
Harry Potter, the apprentice wizard, is hit by a bolt of acid! Harry Potter, the apprentice wizard, is annihilated.
You hear the ecstatic cries of a large crowd!
netlava
Registered user

Last page view:

6002 days, 1 hour, 3 minutes and 54 seconds ago.
Posted on Sunday, October 08, 2006 at 20:14 (GMT -5)

I believe the chance is really nil. Seven league boots only have a danger level of 3. And since the SMC's danger level is the same as your character, getting 7lb is very plausible. SMC does have a higher chance of getting a prefix/suffix, however.
Snwo aval ten
Molach
Registered user
Lord of DurisMud

Last page view:

5113 days, 22 hours, 15 minutes and 48 seconds ago.
Posted on Monday, October 09, 2006 at 10:30 (GMT -5)

Hm it was a dwarven chaos knight, as luck would have it.

However, I've seen an entire tension room of DCKs drop only pickaxes and wands of digging (about 40 mobs, dropped like 10 pickaxes and 7-8 wands). I think this happened in the ID. So I had a hypothesis that the ID-danger level for monster generation let DKC be created, but that the item-drop level (divided by 3 in ID) was so low, that the DCKs were unable to drop the usual eternium stuff. I know they drop eternium like nothing else when danger level is high enough. But but.

Character was level 15 at the time. However it should have been "of life", not "of health". I always mix up the two, but life is the good one (+20% HPs)
Portrait
Soirana
Registered user
Chaos Freak

Last page view:

4121 days, 21 hours, 38 minutes and 16 seconds ago.
Posted on Monday, October 09, 2006 at 10:47 (GMT -5)

i've seen chaos knight droping eternium plate mails on wilderness encounters (entourage of chaos knights). character was lv50 archer.
A root is a flower that disdains fame.
Kahlil Gibran(1883-1931)
ej
Unregistered user
Posted on Monday, October 09, 2006 at 17:26 (GMT -5)

dropped items are generated either depending on the monster type and unrelated to the dangerlevel OR a random item depending on the danger level.
Gulthorpe
Registered user

Last page view:

6091 days, 21 hours, 34 minutes and 55 seconds ago.
Posted on Tuesday, October 10, 2006 at 12:41 (GMT -5)

I love chaos knights. Both times I've won I went to ID around level 27 and got tension room of them. Gotta love having plenty of eternium armor and weapons.

Color mixer:
Red: Green: Blue: HTML color code: result:      
Your Name: Check to login:

Your Message:

Read the
formating help
Are you a spambot? Yes No Maybe Huh?
Create poll? Yes No   What is this?
Poll question: