Register new account
Edit account
Search

Ancient Domains Of Mystery, forum overview / Spoilers / climbing sets where art thou?

Online users ( Unknown)
Application object not working properly at the moment, no clue who is online...

* Numbers in parentheses are the number of minutes since the user last loaded a page. Logged-in users time out after 40 minutes (unless they manually log out), lurkers and anonymous posters after 20.

gravel
Registered user
if i'm not ADOMing i'm working

Last page view:

5867 days, 32 minutes and 47 seconds ago.
Posted on Tuesday, October 10, 2006 at 20:26 (GMT -5)

Hi Guys

this is my first thread so be kind.

I missed the pyramid and now i'm stuck trying to find a climbing set. Does anyone know where there are guaranteed sets or do i have to id scum or something else

Thanks in advance
The stone giant runs away in fear. Who ever heard of a stone being scared of gravel?
Cat Lord Lord
Registered user
Not really

Last page view:

5443 days, 4 hours, 25 minutes and 25 seconds ago.
Posted on Tuesday, October 10, 2006 at 20:35 (GMT -5)

Missed the pyramid? Forgive my saying, but all my characters who make it that far go do it. Anyway, IIRC there is a guranteed one in gremlin cave. What do you need it for? Wander around, and you should find one. Have you gotten to ToHK? What level so basically how badly do you need? I'd say gremlin cave anyway.
Homework is not meant for home! It's a sick verbal coincidence!
-My brother
gravel
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Tuesday, October 10, 2006 at 20:46 (GMT -5)

you cant get to the tohk without climbing set which is why i need it.

ok i'll try the gremlin cave, i didnt know there was one in there
The stone giant runs away in fear. Who ever heard of a stone being scared of gravel?
Molach
Registered user
Lord of DurisMud

Last page view:

5139 days, 17 hours, 19 minutes and 14 seconds ago.
Posted on Wednesday, October 11, 2006 at 17:52 (GMT -5)

Well there is one in the library too. And one in rift for 50 000 gold. But you would need a set to get to these, so no good for you.

Gremlin cave has guaranteed artifact, climbing set and 99,9999% chance of at least one fluff ball (good for making gremlin-factory somewhere nice)
Cat Lord Lord
Registered user
Not really

Last page view:

5443 days, 4 hours, 25 minutes and 25 seconds ago.
Posted on Wednesday, October 11, 2006 at 18:06 (GMT -5)

Only one? I find several in gremlin cave. Artifact is worthless cept for fodder, and even then not much. You might want to get set fast, or the gremlins will get there first and it'll be a longgggg fight there.
Homework is not meant for home! It's a sick verbal coincidence!
-My brother
gravel
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Wednesday, October 11, 2006 at 19:39 (GMT -5)

Thanks for the help guys. I found one near kelly who i saved :)

i was getting a bit worried for a while there
Portrait
Kirbot
Registered user
BattleHax0r of Devastation

Last page view:

5882 days, 19 hours, 36 minutes and 50 seconds ago.
Posted on Thursday, October 12, 2006 at 00:01 (GMT -5)

Meh, one usually pops up eventually.
Molach: "I like to have 200+ hp and over 5 good healin potions when I do [the fire] temple. AND some way of killing the Wyrm"

Morio: "Some way of killing the worm is recommended, yes :D"
Molach
Registered user
Lord of DurisMud

Last page view:

5139 days, 17 hours, 19 minutes and 14 seconds ago.
Posted on Thursday, October 12, 2006 at 09:45 (GMT -5)

In the gremlin cave I usually beeline to disarm all traps before the gremlins appear in too great numbers. Because I like to kill them places where they drop better, so I don't need or want 1500 gremlin kills just for picking up a climbing set and a phial.
Portrait
Taz
Registered user

Last page view:

5023 days, 14 hours, 21 minutes and 44 seconds ago.
Posted on Friday, October 13, 2006 at 06:47 (GMT -5)

about gremlins, lock doors of rooms as you clear them too, that helps a bit.
Taz: A potion of gain attributes (4s) is lying here. Suddenly a stone block hits your head! Something on the ground is smashed to pieces!
PeanutGod: Awwww no! How harsh is that! This is where you need the artefact 'mop and bucket'.
Silfir
Unregistered user
Posted on Friday, October 13, 2006 at 15:04 (GMT -5)

There is a guaranteed climbing set in Dwarftown, too, but it is usually picked up by some dwarf. You could be lucky luring them all off one by one and killing them...
ej
Unregistered user
Posted on Friday, October 13, 2006 at 17:07 (GMT -5)

I found a climbing set in the shop in dwarftown once, didn't have to pay for it. Oo
Portrait
Kirbot
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Sunday, October 15, 2006 at 18:07 (GMT -5)

Ah, speak of the devil. My own climbing set was destroyed while I was leaving the TotHK, and I've been scumming for quite a long time at UC:5 trying to find another climbing set, with no luck. Any ideas, or must I continue scumming? I'm getting some pretty beastly spiders and dogs going here...

[EDIT] I would like to add that what is really ripping me up inside is that I'm currently wearing a RoDS under my Ironfist gauntlets. This means that I *could* wish for a climbing set at any time and leave. However, I was planning to save it for an AoLS for Khelly... and to use a wish for climbing sets feels, I don't know... wasteful? I know of at least two other climbing sets on the other side of the drakalor chain...
Molach: "I like to have 200+ hp and over 5 good healin potions when I do [the fire] temple. AND some way of killing the Wyrm"

[Edited 1 time, last edit on 10/15/2006 at 20:29 (GMT -5) by Kirbot]
Darren Grey
Registered user

Last page view:

4237 days, 11 hours, 24 minutes and 51 seconds ago.
Posted on Sunday, October 15, 2006 at 22:03 (GMT -5)

Well, climbing sets are a level 1 item, so there's really no need to go so deep to find them. Still, it's going to take you a very very long time to get hold of a set. I'd really recommend you just use the wish - it may seem like a waste, but the fact is you're more likely to come across another wish (or an actual AoLS) than a climbing set. And I'd recommend that you wish for "slimbing sets" so that you can leave a spare set on the first floor of the High Kings dungeon so you'll never be stuck in the same situation again (especially a problem when, for instance, your only climbing set is destroyed when you enter the Rift).
Waldenbrook, the dwarven shopkeeper, mumbles: "I'd offer 9 gold pieces for yer dwarven child corpse."
Portrait
Kirbot
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Monday, October 16, 2006 at 19:03 (GMT -5)

I could have bought a new set from the ratling dealer if that had been the case, as I brought plenty of gold with me. Alas, I decided to try to take on the Minotaur Maze and died. My line of thought was that if I still had not found a new set or an extra wish by the time I completed the maze, I'd use the wish I had. But then a series of nasty corruptions conspired to take my To down below 19, taking my max hp below 200... which is where things got ugly, despite being an archer with Far Slayer.

Ah well... I shall now view climbing sets with a renewed sense of value.

Color mixer:
Red: Green: Blue: HTML color code: result:      
Your Name: Check to login:

Your Message:

Read the
formating help
Are you a spambot? Yes No Maybe Huh?
Create poll? Yes No   What is this?
Poll question: