Register new account
Edit account
Search

Ancient Domains Of Mystery, forum overview / Spoilers / Melting hulking armor

Online users ( Unknown)
Application object not working properly at the moment, no clue who is online...

* Numbers in parentheses are the number of minutes since the user last loaded a page. Logged-in users time out after 40 minutes (unless they manually log out), lurkers and anonymous posters after 20.

marcos
Registered user
High Elven Ranger

Last page view:

5568 days, 3 hours, 21 minutes and 19 seconds ago.
Posted on Saturday, October 14, 2006 at 04:20 (GMT -5)

Olin, the Dwarven Weaponsmith found a moloch at D:32 (or another level number close to that). It wasn't hard to kill, and, lucky for him, the moloch dropped his hulking armor, right next to the stairs to Darkforge. Since Olin was already 'Strained!', it looked like a good idea to melt the hulking armor and use the ingots it yielded to improve the eternium equipment he already had. (Eternium cap, eternium boots, eternium plate armor of resilience, and an eternium long sword of penetration (pretty nice :) ))
After locking the doors and working on the forge for a long long time, enough to get a corruption, the result... 85 eternium ingots!

Anyone else tried this already? Was it a dumb thing to do? I'm guessing that hulking armors aren't extremely hard to find.
Cat Lord Lord
Registered user
Not really

Last page view:

5443 days, 8 hours, 15 minutes and 59 seconds ago.
Posted on Saturday, October 14, 2006 at 10:33 (GMT -5)

I hate hulking armors. I put them on as my archer, and on coward my dv was like 10. I got killed after winning.... Anyway, your problem was you smithed in DF. It's corruption rate is HUGE. If you plan to improve your other stuff, I'd go to Dwarf town or anywhere else. If you did it there, you wouldn't get any real corruption (any if it was D9). But 85 enternium ingots, lol, wow. They should be special eternium, like it would help extra. Anyway, nice character. It wasn't really at all a bad thing.
Homework is not meant for home! It's a sick verbal coincidence!
-My brother
Portrait
PeanutGod
Registered user
Lord of Misery

Last page view:

5050 days, 11 hours, 59 minutes and 4 seconds ago.
Posted on Saturday, October 14, 2006 at 15:52 (GMT -5)

85 eh? You really can't argue with that at all. Nice work.

--------
Ladies and Gentleman, take my advice. Pull down your pants, and slide on the ice.
Ladies and Gentleman, take my advice. Pull down your pants, and slide on the ice.

[Edited 1 time, last edit on 10/14/2006 at 15:52 (GMT -5) by PeanutGod]
marcos
Registered user
High Elven Ranger

Last page view:

5568 days, 3 hours, 21 minutes and 19 seconds ago.
Posted on Sunday, October 15, 2006 at 02:20 (GMT -5)

Olin could have gone to a forge at UD:4, but since his maximum carrying capacity was around 16500s even with the fire orb equipped, he'd probably go all the way to UD:4 and think "Uh, where did I leave my anvil?"

Hmm. Writing about the PC in third person makes sense when one is playing with ten different characters... :P

BTW, some calculations... 15000/85 = 176.4, and 175*85 = 14875s, pretty close. It looks like 175s is the minimum metal weight necessary to meld an ingot of any metal. I should test this some more to be sure...

Also, iron has a density of around 7860kg/m^3. Eternium's density is 45% of that of iron, i. e. 3537kg/m^3. 750/3537 is 0.212, so that means that the hulking armor has almost the same volume as a cube with edges of 60cm. And since 0.212 * 22650kg/m^3 = 4802kg, an improbable iridium hulking armor would weigh 96040s!

On another matter, an eternium ingot weighs 8s. That multiplied by 85 gives 680s, which means that 95.46% of the eternium is lost. Either weaponsmiths are wasteful or the hulking armor isn't made entirely of eternium. Or both.

Quite a long post, should give a +1 bonus to my Literacy... :P
The Real J.
Registered user
The faceless swordsman

Last page view:

5611 days, 22 hours, 12 minutes and 1 second ago.
Posted on Sunday, October 15, 2006 at 06:31 (GMT -5)

It could also be either:

1. There is a limit to number of ingots one can get from one item
2. The number of ingots one can get is dependent on smithing skill, character level or some stat (or some combination)

If one needed 175 s worth of metal to get one ingot most of eternium stuff would be useless in melting into ingots.
Sytytä toiselle tuli ja hän pysyy lämpimänä jonkin aikaa.
Sytytä hänet palamaan ja hän pysyy lämpimänä loppuelämänsä.
Cat Lord Lord
Registered user
Not really

Last page view:

Posted on Sunday, October 15, 2006 at 08:55 (GMT -5)

Ok, just so you know there is a pretty good chance allllll the stuff I'm going to say is wrong, so go ahead and not pay any attention to it. Anyway.... If you smith, you lose lots of impurities (iron,carbon copper etc.) Hulking armor, is not really made of pure eternium. Heck, I doubt anything is. That would just be really, really hard to make. So, I would imagine it's a good chunk eternium and lots of... iron or demon or hate or... something (with that weight it should be lead...). Anyway, as before said, all of that is probably wrong. Don't pay any attention to it
-My brother
Lost_one
Registered user
unregistered user

Last page view:

5919 days, 15 hours, 19 minutes and 5 seconds ago.
Posted on Tuesday, October 17, 2006 at 19:14 (GMT -5)

question:

how do you melt stuff into ignots in 1.1.1?

manual doesn't help, even the guidebook doesn't say anything about it.
"I have opinions -STRONG opinions- that sometimes, I don't agree with"

---Prez. George W. Bush
Portrait
Kirbot
Registered user
BattleHax0r of Devastation

Last page view:

5882 days, 23 hours, 27 minutes and 24 seconds ago.
Posted on Thursday, October 19, 2006 at 03:26 (GMT -5)

I'm guessing you press Ctrl-X to bring up the class ability list, and then press the letter that's in yellow. I'm thinking it's 'm'.
Molach: "I like to have 200+ hp and over 5 good healin potions when I do [the fire] temple. AND some way of killing the Wyrm"

Morio: "Some way of killing the worm is recommended, yes :D"
Cat Lord Lord
Registered user
Not really

Last page view:

Posted on Thursday, October 19, 2006 at 15:11 (GMT -5)

You have to be a level 6 weaponsmith and get their class skill.
-My brother

Color mixer:
Red: Green: Blue: HTML color code: result:      
Your Name: Check to login:

Your Message:

Read the
formating help
Are you a spambot? Yes No Maybe Huh?
Create poll? Yes No   What is this?
Poll question: