Register new account
Edit account
Search

Ancient Domains Of Mystery, forum overview / Spoilers / Help on bridge building

Online users ( Unknown)
Application object not working properly at the moment, no clue who is online...

* Numbers in parentheses are the number of minutes since the user last loaded a page. Logged-in users time out after 40 minutes (unless they manually log out), lurkers and anonymous posters after 20.

Sirrocco
Unregistered user
Posted on Sunday, October 29, 2006 at 19:17 (GMT -5)

I'm a bit of a newbie, and I've discovered a fondness for troll healers. (yeah, I know, cheese. I'll branch out later once I get better at the game.)

Basic question is about bridge building. Trolls start with the skill, but not the book. I really don't want to have to run the pirahna with an ice bridge. I figure by the time I get to where I need it, I'll probably have a hatchet from somewhere, but the starting skill on bridge building just isn't going to be enough. On the other had, wands and books of ice, a shot at acid immunity, a good chance of a tradeable corpse, and the torc all together are a tasty little bundle. Is it possible to develop the skill without Yriggs and the book? If I've got the skill already, does having Yriggs there to talk to speed up skill development all that much? Does reading the book over and over train anything at all?

Thank you for your time.
Portrait
Jan Erik
Administrator

Last page view:

3 days, 18 hours, 43 minutes and 53 seconds ago.
Posted on Sunday, October 29, 2006 at 19:37 (GMT -5)

I don't think reading the book more than once help, however without the book you won't actualy be eable to improve the skill at levelup.

You may be eable to "exersise" the skill by trying to build a lot of bridges with what little skill you have, but you would need a huge pile of logs and tonnes of time before you got any usefull improvement this way.

The ice bridge appraoch isn't that bad though, you do get that wand of ice from the other quest so just make sure you kill everything on the "mainland" and drop all your exessive stuff before trying to cross, just don't wear a moloc armor or something while you do...
Jan Erik Mydland
HoF admin
Cat Lord Lord
Registered user
Not really

Last page view:

5417 days, 16 hours, 54 minutes and 41 seconds ago.
Posted on Sunday, October 29, 2006 at 20:30 (GMT -5)

I personally think Bridge building is worthless. My barbarian did the quest, and got it. Plus, if you have the skill already you don't need book. Hatchets aren't too hard to find. At ToHK he got about.... fifteen logs? The skill doesn't really go up so it was still around 6. After wasting many days, I still didn't have one bridge. I would go black druid quest, but be sure you can handle it. Keethrax is tough!! My 32 human ranger took a few hits to kill him and in meantime got stat drained. Torc isn't really worth it IMHO. Bad luck, and a bit of good things, not great. Next, you won't get much out of reward. Healers already have herbalism, and trolls have a really hard time learning spells. I'd go drakling healer. Alot easier to level, not too much worse stats in ST and TO.Better stats in everything else. Can actually cast spells, just stay away from icy things. Plus acid spit is just good. And don't worry about ToHK, its that far away. By the time you get there I can gurantee you'll have many wands of ice/spell books.
Homework is not meant for home! It's a sick verbal coincidence!
-My brother
Jules
Registered user

Last page view:

4743 days, 10 hours, 15 minutes and 4 seconds ago.
Posted on Monday, October 30, 2006 at 12:05 (GMT -5)

Must have been mentioned before, but if you get your Willpower to 32, then just stand next to the door, and blast over and over with whatever ball spells you have. Nothing will ever come out from behind that door and get you staggering into the piranha.
I always use Dark Elven wizards, and have never even seen the baddie behind the door. All I see is a nice little ring.
If only all the baddies would stand behind doors waiting to be blasted.
Silfir
Registered user
Writer of Overly Long Guides

Last page view:

4041 days, 36 minutes and 17 seconds ago.
Posted on Monday, October 30, 2006 at 12:22 (GMT -5)

... Somehow I feel stupid for fighting honestly against the skeletal king with my recent wizard... Bah, she won nevertheless :)
You drop the golden ball.
You kick the golden ball. It slides to the west.
Suddenly Harry Potter, the apprentice wizard, appears! "That's not how you play Quidditch! are you even listening?"
Which direction? (123456789) 4
Harry Potter, the apprentice wizard, is hit by a bolt of acid! Harry Potter, the apprentice wizard, is annihilated.
You hear the ecstatic cries of a large crowd!
Cat Lord Lord
Registered user
Not really

Last page view:

5417 days, 16 hours, 54 minutes and 41 seconds ago.
Posted on Monday, October 30, 2006 at 15:14 (GMT -5)

It's not that bad. Just get there, open then run like there's no tommorrow. Get far away, then bash the living daylights outta him. Plain 'n simple.
Homework is not meant for home! It's a sick verbal coincidence!
-My brother
Portrait
Taz
Registered user

Last page view:

4998 days, 2 hours and 51 minutes ago.
Posted on Tuesday, October 31, 2006 at 04:57 (GMT -5)

i dont think you should use fireballs next to the door if you're on an ice bridge though, yeah? :P

from the few (less than 10, i figure) times i fought him, his confusion wasnt bad at all. simply wearing stuff that grants confusion resistance was enough for me.
Taz: A potion of gain attributes (4s) is lying here. Suddenly a stone block hits your head! Something on the ground is smashed to pieces!
PeanutGod: Awwww no! How harsh is that! This is where you need the artefact 'mop and bucket'.

Color mixer:
Red: Green: Blue: HTML color code: result:      
Your Name: Check to login:

Your Message:

Read the
formating help
Are you a spambot? Yes No Maybe Huh?
Create poll? Yes No   What is this?
Poll question: