Register new account
Edit account
Search

Ancient Domains Of Mystery, forum overview / Spoilers / Moloch Armour or Robes of Res.

Online users ( Unknown)
Application object not working properly at the moment, no clue who is online...

* Numbers in parentheses are the number of minutes since the user last loaded a page. Logged-in users time out after 40 minutes (unless they manually log out), lurkers and anonymous posters after 20.

Red October
Registered user

Last page view:

5663 days, 23 hours, 47 minutes and 11 seconds ago.
Posted on Wednesday, November 01, 2006 at 21:18 (GMT -5)

OK -one more silly question -but I realize that people here have played MUCH more than I have, so forgive me for asking so much...
I've got a suit of Moloch armour I got when I found about a dozen of 'em sitting in a room (NOT a closed room. How odd. They were just milling about in an open room.). I've got a few of the scrolls you use to make it better, and more than enough speed to wear it; I'm just wondering, does the insane PV of this armor beat out the roughly 100 HP the RoR give? I've got plenty of other stuff to get the resistances; I'm fire immune from dragon corpses (gotta love Ancient Red Wyrms -Yummy!), Acid Immune from my god (wear a ring of elemental mastery for your crowning and you should get that one too), and I don't remember what else, but suffice it to say I don't need the resistance aspect of the robes... The only other time a Character of mine was gifted with a suit of this, he had nothing even close at the time.
Battle Bunny: "Ach, maybe his Christian altar was stepped on.
By a moloch."
Darren Grey
Registered user

Last page view:

4230 days, 8 hours, 11 minutes and 10 seconds ago.
Posted on Thursday, November 02, 2006 at 07:00 (GMT -5)

The door was probably smashed apart by one of the molochs. As for the armour, I'd personally say it's not worth it. The Dex and DV loss is just awful, and DV is so vitally important. Your PV may be amazingly high but monsters will still get critical hits through it, probably damaging the armour in the process. RoR won't get damaged. Still, you can always give it a try, if you have the carrying capacity. If it gets too damaged ditch it and go back to RoR or plain eternium plate mails.
Waldenbrook, the dwarven shopkeeper, mumbles: "I'd offer 9 gold pieces for yer dwarven child corpse."
Cat Lord Lord
Registered user
Not really

Last page view:

5436 days, 1 hour, 11 minutes and 44 seconds ago.
Posted on Thursday, November 02, 2006 at 13:10 (GMT -5)

I completely disagree with Darren. Yeah, it stinks. Minus 30 dv and speed killed my winner. But, it can be quite easily turned into greatness.

Loss of Defense: Quite easy to counter, just get loads of scrolls, it should go up to 0 and plus in no time.

Loss of Dex: Best thing. You have loads of moss right? I can't imagine your dex being more then say 30 (if you used moss+sickness). So, but it on and your dex goes down to 10. Use moss to get back easily up. Even if you stop wearing it your dex should go 40+. No real problem.

Speed: Worst part. I take it this is your same char necromancer whose speed is some 150? I could be wrong, but that's not too bad going down to 130. Fifty PV will stop nearly anything.

Weight: I imagine you have Strenght of Atlas by now? No big deal.

Anyway, I would go moloch armor, but RoR is still pretty good.
Homework is not meant for home! It's a sick verbal coincidence!
-My brother
Red October
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Thursday, November 02, 2006 at 13:23 (GMT -5)

I think you've got a point there -And I never thought of scumming dex from it... I can take off the Master Cat ring and get dex easily! Ah, good idea. And yes, my speed is insane. I have 154 AND seven-league boots. I'm can almost keep up with quicklings!

OK -I wore it, and blessed and read all my scrolls of defense. I found a few more and now its DV mod is somewhere around -3. A few more scrolls and It'll have a positive modifier. That will probably make it the best armour in the game. I found (by pure luck) a scroll store, so I bought a bunch of stuff and I'm going to teleport back now and again to check up on it for more.
By a moloch."

[Edited 1 time, last edit on 11/2/2006 at 15:58 (GMT -5) by Red October]
Portrait
Iridia
Moderator on this forum
YASD

Last page view:

3746 days, 16 hours, 55 minutes and 20 seconds ago.
Posted on Thursday, November 02, 2006 at 20:49 (GMT -5)

If you're not already using this strategy--with a store that isn't in a badly corrupting area, just read spellbooks while you wait for it to restock. Takes a bit off the boring wait that way.
Die Gedanken sind Frei
Red October
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Friday, November 03, 2006 at 02:51 (GMT -5)

It's not in a hugely corrupting place but it's fairly deep in the caverns, ~37, maybe. Not someplace I want to say longer than I have to. I'll check back on it regularly and do any needed book-reading in it as the need arises.
By a moloch."
Molach
Registered user
Lord of DurisMud

Last page view:

5132 days, 14 hours, 5 minutes and 33 seconds ago.
Posted on Friday, November 03, 2006 at 06:49 (GMT -5)

About speed loss - speed is easier to gain when base is low. Im thinking about speed boost from quicklings and greater/killer bugs. So Moloch armor makes is faster to gain speed this way too.

Too bad bugs also reduce Willpower so you need to eat morgia again.

Oh, and moloch armor is made from eternium, should only be in danger of destruction from annihilators. You can also smith it with eternium ingots (to get +DV, +PV is not likely to grow)

[Edited 1 time, last edit on 11/3/2006 at 06:50 (GMT -5) by Molach]
Red October
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Saturday, November 04, 2006 at 01:58 (GMT -5)

Never knew you could smith on it. I have a sledgehammer and there's a forge somewhere, and an anvil somewhere else... I don't even remember where. I could look for it (It's in one of the early dungeons becuase I didn't have Strength of Atlas then or I'd have taken it like I take everything else including the kitchen sink when I have that spell... Besides, Anvils are great to hurl at doors, your friends, etc :) My smithing is horrible though so I'll not bother.
By a moloch."
Cat Lord Lord
Registered user
Not really

Last page view:

Posted on Saturday, November 04, 2006 at 08:14 (GMT -5)

Hurling anvils is fun, but don't. I had a promising smith start throwing anvils at trapped doors. Then, it exploded (the anvil). Wasn't much use playing him until I could kill Garth and get it.
-My brother
Red October
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Monday, November 06, 2006 at 01:11 (GMT -5)

ROFLMAOBHOFPIMPSTC!!!
AHAHAHAHA!
Better to kill Kherab. Nobody likes him.
By a moloch."
Cat Lord Lord
Registered user
Not really

Last page view:

Posted on Monday, November 06, 2006 at 15:25 (GMT -5)

Ah sorry, not garth but whoever the smith is. Bloody hard with a level 11... Anyway then I got the smith. Then I stupidly melted down the anvil... He's wandering around. And kinda hard to kill Kherab if you have trouble with steel golems... or stone ones...
-My brother
Red October
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Monday, November 06, 2006 at 23:03 (GMT -5)

Glod.
Glod is the smith, methinks.
I was not laughing at you killing garth for it but at your anvil exploding. How the hell does an anvil explode, anyway?!? You might find an anvil randomly; I know I did. Or you could wish for one. You're awful hard on anvils, apparently.
By a moloch."
Cat Lord Lord
Registered user
Not really

Last page view:

Posted on Tuesday, November 07, 2006 at 09:44 (GMT -5)

The anvil hits a piece of wood,and goes hamster huey and the looey cablooey,(any1 read Calvin and Hobbes?) no idea though why though. Yeah, but weaponsmiths are like wimpy w/o one. Finding one randomly??? I'd like to see a goblin drop that... Or a giant rat...
-My brother
Portrait
Taz
Registered user

Last page view:

5016 days, 11 hours, 8 minutes and 3 seconds ago.
Posted on Tuesday, November 07, 2006 at 13:03 (GMT -5)

i've seen a goblin die of poisoning then drop a potion of cure poison :P
Taz: A potion of gain attributes (4s) is lying here. Suddenly a stone block hits your head! Something on the ground is smashed to pieces!
PeanutGod: Awwww no! How harsh is that! This is where you need the artefact 'mop and bucket'.

Color mixer:
Red: Green: Blue: HTML color code: result:      
Your Name: Check to login:

Your Message:

Read the
formating help
Are you a spambot? Yes No Maybe Huh?
Create poll? Yes No   What is this?
Poll question: