Register new account
Edit account
Search

Ancient Domains Of Mystery, forum overview / Spoilers / Stupid Dwarven Elder

Online users ( Unknown)
Application object not working properly at the moment, no clue who is online...

* Numbers in parentheses are the number of minutes since the user last loaded a page. Logged-in users time out after 40 minutes (unless they manually log out), lurkers and anonymous posters after 20.

Portrait
PeanutGod
Registered user
Lord of Misery

Last page view:

5045 days, 55 minutes and 10 seconds ago.
Posted on Saturday, November 04, 2006 at 08:41 (GMT -5)

First quest -

I want you to kill a cave lion.

YOU WHAT?! HOW DARE YOU! I'VE MANAGED TO AVOID A TENSION ROOM OF WILD CATS, A FEW TIGERS AND A COUPLE OF LIONS, AND NOW YOU WANT ME TO KILL ONE? YOU COMPLETE AN UTTER £"$^&*# B*STARD!

Just thought I had to share that.

What are the odds eh?

-----

Ladies and Gentleman, take my advice. Pull down your pants, and slide on the ice
Ladies and Gentleman, take my advice. Pull down your pants, and slide on the ice.

Cat Lord Lord
Registered user
Not really

Last page view:

5437 days, 21 hours, 12 minutes and 5 seconds ago.
Posted on Saturday, November 04, 2006 at 08:46 (GMT -5)

Heh heh, just about the same as getting a tension room of greator balor... I actually got one and was wondering if it was possible. But then again, his quests aren't very good.
Homework is not meant for home! It's a sick verbal coincidence!
-My brother
Portrait
PeanutGod
Registered user
Lord of Misery

Last page view:

Posted on Saturday, November 04, 2006 at 08:48 (GMT -5)

I always do his quests. It's been driven into my brain to do them.

-----

Ladies and Gentleman, take my advice. Pull down your pants, and slide on the ice
Ladies and Gentleman, take my advice. Pull down your pants, and slide on the ice.

Portrait
Nchurmdaz
Registered user
Goblin flash mobber

Last page view:

5980 days, 18 hours, 49 minutes and 20 seconds ago.
Posted on Saturday, November 04, 2006 at 11:41 (GMT -5)

consider it to be a blessing - you don't have to check the things you kill. You don't care now if they are cats, or not.
Ubi patria ibi bene!
Portrait
Kirbot
Registered user
BattleHax0r of Devastation

Last page view:

5877 days, 12 hours, 23 minutes and 30 seconds ago.
Posted on Saturday, November 04, 2006 at 20:07 (GMT -5)

Except that I wonder how much of a pain El Gato Supremo is going to be when he finds out you've killed a tension room full of his precious kitties...
Molach: "I like to have 200+ hp and over 5 good healin potions when I do [the fire] temple. AND some way of killing the Wyrm"

Morio: "Some way of killing the worm is recommended, yes :D"
Silfir
Registered user
Writer of Overly Long Guides

Last page view:

4061 days, 4 hours, 53 minutes and 41 seconds ago.
Posted on Sunday, November 05, 2006 at 18:34 (GMT -5)

Ugh, don't remind me. In my current game, I'm on a cat killing spree yet again. I think it's going pretty well, but I've spilled a little bit too much feline blood to feel safe about meeting the cat lord.

(Remind me to "n"ame him if I meet him... If I die, I want to be killed by "El Gato Supremo, the invisible cat lord"...)
You drop the golden ball.
You kick the golden ball. It slides to the west.
Suddenly Harry Potter, the apprentice wizard, appears! "That's not how you play Quidditch! are you even listening?"
Which direction? (123456789) 4
Harry Potter, the apprentice wizard, is hit by a bolt of acid! Harry Potter, the apprentice wizard, is annihilated.
You hear the ecstatic cries of a large crowd!
Red October
Registered user

Last page view:

5665 days, 19 hours, 47 minutes and 32 seconds ago.
Posted on Monday, November 06, 2006 at 01:09 (GMT -5)

This is why I always save (with backup) before taking that quest... There are some situations that just screw a character totally...
Battle Bunny: "Ach, maybe his Christian altar was stepped on.
By a moloch."
Jules
Registered user

Last page view:

4763 days, 14 hours, 32 minutes and 28 seconds ago.
Posted on Monday, November 06, 2006 at 10:21 (GMT -5)

I take it that a potion of exchange would not be considered a kill in this situation.
I'm pretty confident that you must have the kill in the kill list for it to be valid.
But then again I've never tried it. Find a cave lion, throw a potion, hit the resultant creature over the head a few times, and hope for the task completion message.
Remember that teleportation works on tigers in the arena, so you may have a chance.
Portrait
PeanutGod
Registered user
Lord of Misery

Last page view:

Posted on Monday, November 06, 2006 at 12:56 (GMT -5)

Nope. I haven't killed a single feline. Thats the annoying thing about his quest, its all completely random.

-----

Portrait
Kirbot
Registered user
BattleHax0r of Devastation

Last page view:

5877 days, 12 hours, 23 minutes and 30 seconds ago.
Posted on Monday, November 06, 2006 at 12:59 (GMT -5)

It's possible you could put off doing his quests until going deep enough to get the RotMC, although that would be much later in the game. Probably better just to forfeit the RotMC for this character.
Molach: "I like to have 200+ hp and over 5 good healin potions when I do [the fire] temple. AND some way of killing the Wyrm"

Morio: "Some way of killing the worm is recommended, yes :D"
Portrait
PeanutGod
Registered user
Lord of Misery

Last page view:

Posted on Monday, November 06, 2006 at 13:14 (GMT -5)

Yeah I have done. Only killed this one cat, so the cat lord was relatively easy to take care of. Shame. I really do like the ring.

-----

Red October
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Monday, November 06, 2006 at 23:10 (GMT -5)

I've never seen him hostile. I've heard he's very tough though. I pretty much consider the ring a necessity since it helps with all the Dex loss from the corruptions...
By a moloch."
Cat Lord Lord
Registered user
Not really

Last page view:

Posted on Tuesday, November 07, 2006 at 09:41 (GMT -5)

Dex loss is easy to combat. Moss of marrilion anyone? Then, when you take off corruptions it goes through the roof. Ring is pretty good though. And he is tough if you've killed tons of cats.
-My brother
Portrait
PeanutGod
Registered user
Lord of Misery

Last page view:

Posted on Tuesday, November 07, 2006 at 11:53 (GMT -5)

Pretty good? Arguably the best ring in the game I'd say. I go absolutely mental if a cat dies. Sometimes to the point of quitting the game because I'm a crazy perfectionist.

-----

Darren Grey
Registered user

Last page view:

4232 days, 4 hours, 11 minutes and 31 seconds ago.
Posted on Tuesday, November 07, 2006 at 14:30 (GMT -5)

Arguably the best? No argument about it, it's simply amazing. Arguably the most sought after artifact in the game - there are few others you would be willing to go to such efforts over to attain.
Waldenbrook, the dwarven shopkeeper, mumbles: "I'd offer 9 gold pieces for yer dwarven child corpse."
Portrait
Taz
Registered user

Last page view:

5018 days, 7 hours, 8 minutes and 24 seconds ago.
Posted on Wednesday, November 08, 2006 at 01:47 (GMT -5)

not a lot of other artifacts are so troublesome to get either ;)
Taz: A potion of gain attributes (4s) is lying here. Suddenly a stone block hits your head! Something on the ground is smashed to pieces!
PeanutGod: Awwww no! How harsh is that! This is where you need the artefact 'mop and bucket'.
Molach
Registered user
Lord of DurisMud

Last page view:

5134 days, 10 hours, 5 minutes and 54 seconds ago.
Posted on Wednesday, November 08, 2006 at 06:44 (GMT -5)

About Thundrarr's quest, I did a little testing at one time about quest 1.

It seemed to me that if a character went straight to get quest, and did not have high level or much equipment, then his quest would be an easy, common monster. And high-levelled, equipped characters would get Shambling mounds, Hydras and such.

Testing, however, showed that assigned kill was totally random.

There is a limit to how tough monster you can get, but I suppose the limit is just monster level, not rarity.

Hanging out in the big room or a dungeon level seems the best way. Most Thundrarr monster can be generated in big room, but with bad luck you might wanna hang out in one of the RotHK dungeon levels.
Portrait
PeanutGod
Registered user
Lord of Misery

Last page view:

Posted on Wednesday, November 08, 2006 at 11:46 (GMT -5)

As soon as I get into the CoC, I head straight to dwarfdown. I try not to kill anything on the way, and basically just get to the stairs. This way, it gives me 9 levels or so of unkilled monsters to sort through, hopefully with one of them being the assigned murder victim.

-----

Lost_one
Registered user
unregistered user

Last page view:

5914 days, 4 hours, 15 minutes and 11 seconds ago.
Posted on Wednesday, November 08, 2006 at 23:37 (GMT -5)

Thundarr says "I'd like you to kill an invisible stalker"

whup-dee-do.

:/

btw, ogre magus's are the worst, hard as heck to find them.

hrm...is this possible
"I'd like you to kill a dwarven guardian"

"I have opinions -STRONG opinions- that sometimes, I don't agree with"

---Prez. George W. Bush
Cat Lord Lord
Registered user
Not really

Last page view:

Posted on Thursday, November 09, 2006 at 15:08 (GMT -5)

Try doing a vapor rat... I mean, theres a minuscule chance you'll find one before air temple...
-My brother
Red October
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Thursday, November 09, 2006 at 17:07 (GMT -5)

I once had to spend a wish to ge a silver wolf... That's why I always save before I get that quest.
By a moloch."

Color mixer:
Red: Green: Blue: HTML color code: result:      
Your Name: Check to login:

Your Message:

Read the
formating help
Are you a spambot? Yes No Maybe Huh?
Create poll? Yes No   What is this?
Poll question: