Register new account
Edit account
Search

Ancient Domains Of Mystery, forum overview / Spoilers / Five wishes

Online users ( Unknown)
Application object not working properly at the moment, no clue who is online...

* Numbers in parentheses are the number of minutes since the user last loaded a page. Logged-in users time out after 40 minutes (unless they manually log out), lurkers and anonymous posters after 20.

Portrait
PeanutGod
Registered user
Lord of Misery

Last page view:

5046 days, 8 hours, 49 minutes and 2 seconds ago.
Posted on Sunday, November 12, 2006 at 10:05 (GMT -5)

Afternoon peeps.

I've got another Archmage wannabe on the go (a dark elven chap) and have managed to transform 5 rings or searching into 5 RODS via the good old PoE trick.

I'm debating what to use them on.

I've got most of the spells, although Iceball/Death Ray/Heal still need to be obtained. I haven't yet gone to the library yet, so I'm not too fussed about the spellbooks.

I haven't done the ToEF, but already have a ring of Ice, so don't need to wish for these. I'm crowned with the RoI and got the Fire Immunity anyway, so that shouldn't be too hard.

An obvious choice is SoCR, so 1 wish will definately go towards some of these.

I've got 3 sets of Dragon scale mail (different colours), and as a weapon I'm using Nonnaks sword. I don't really need another weapon, since if I need something to do damage, I found an adamantium broadsword of penetration which works wonders.

I also found a GoGS in the RoTHK cave. Sweet.

Another wish for an AoLS would probably be a wise investment, just in case I get too cocky.

However, it still leaves me with 3.

Throw me your ideas!

1. Amulet of Life Saving
2. Scrolls of Chaos Resistance
3. ??
4. ??
5. ??
------

Ladies and Gentleman, take my advice. Pull down your pants, and slide on the ice.
Ladies and Gentleman, take my advice. Pull down your pants, and slide on the ice.

[Edited 1 time, last edit on 11/12/2006 at 10:06 (GMT -5) by PeanutGod]
Molach
Registered user
Lord of DurisMud

Last page view:

5135 days, 17 hours, 59 minutes and 46 seconds ago.
Posted on Sunday, November 12, 2006 at 10:16 (GMT -5)

Potions of quickling blood.
Potions of willpower
Potions of ultra healing
Potion of gain attributes
Darren Grey
Registered user

Last page view:

4233 days, 12 hours, 5 minutes and 23 seconds ago.
Posted on Sunday, November 12, 2006 at 12:45 (GMT -5)

What's your level and stats? Are there any skills you're after? I'd second the idea of potions of quickling blood (before to cast slow monster on yourself before drinking them) but remember that it'll reduce your experience gains. Scrolls of education may be handy, or even wishing for individual skills if there's anyhing particular you want, like fletchery and archery. I assume you have enough seven league boots? I'd recommend keeping one ring unused until you find something you do need (it can always be saved for a wish for speed before entering the Chaos Gate at least).
Waldenbrook, the dwarven shopkeeper, mumbles: "I'd offer 9 gold pieces for yer dwarven child corpse."
Darren Grey
Registered user

Last page view:

4233 days, 12 hours, 5 minutes and 23 seconds ago.
Posted on Sunday, November 12, 2006 at 12:58 (GMT -5)

Ooh, and magical writing sets! As a wizard your Mana will get constant training anyway, and as an archmage you'll be abusing it to zero at some point. It can be useful for writing lots of scrolls of chaos resistance, education, defense/protection, etc.

Also, although you may feel you have sufficient books, it might be desirable to have lots more spellbooks of acid ball if you haven't enough already. But you'll probably have plenty to last you till you start your wishing.
Waldenbrook, the dwarven shopkeeper, mumbles: "I'd offer 9 gold pieces for yer dwarven child corpse."
Portrait
PeanutGod
Registered user
Lord of Misery

Last page view:

Posted on Sunday, November 12, 2006 at 13:37 (GMT -5)

My stats etc as they are now are:

Lv 21

Str:33 Le:27 Wi:43 DX:29 To:24 Ch:19 Ap:11 Ma:36 Pe:24

I specifically chose a Dark Elf so I could have Alertness, and they also start with Find Weakness, so thats a bonus. Dodge is always an option. The idea was that I would be able to obtain all of the skils eventually.

Potions of Quickling blood seem popular, so I might plum for a wish on them.

I already have a couple of writing sets to use first. One with 5 charges, one with 2.

Boosting my HP later on should be easier, since I have a really nice recipe for PoExH. Cure poison and Invisbility.

Keeping on RoDS back is a good idea, since no doubt something will cock up somewhere in the game.

------

Kaos
Unregistered user
Posted on Sunday, November 12, 2006 at 16:33 (GMT -5)

Wish for willpower directly, or wish for more potions of exchange, and try and get five more wishes :p
Gozer
Unregistered user
Posted on Sunday, November 12, 2006 at 17:14 (GMT -5)

Possibly wands of poison/paralysation - useful when taking on any powerful enemies (e.g. ACW and Cat Lord). I also second the magical writing sets + scrolls of education.
Vagrak
Unregistered user
Posted on Wednesday, November 15, 2006 at 00:40 (GMT -5)

Wish for an updated version of adom with mounts and u can like tame a bear, giant spider, dragon and ride it! maybe wish for more charecter classes, races, items, dungeons and quests, heck, wish for adom2 with a whole new world map!. hmmmmm wish for a sci-fi version of adom? or maybe a pimps n hoes/gangsta mafia version of adom :) *hopes tom reads this*

"souls and stones for Vagrak"
Portrait
FUNKtional Key
Registered user
A Die-Hard Tactician

Last page view:

5783 days, 3 hours, 34 minutes and 56 seconds ago.
Posted on Wednesday, November 15, 2006 at 18:30 (GMT -5)

2 PeanutGod:
do you plan to take a deep dive to ID after closing the gate?
All roads lead to chaos, in the end.
Portrait
PeanutGod
Registered user
Lord of Misery

Last page view:

Posted on Thursday, November 16, 2006 at 02:07 (GMT -5)

I did plan on it, but he just died, so I'm going to have to start a new charrie. But yes, once I've got the new dude up to decent AM status, he will be diving. I need to break my record of Lv: 1392.

----

Color mixer:
Red: Green: Blue: HTML color code: result:      
Your Name: Check to login:

Your Message:

Read the
formating help
Are you a spambot? Yes No Maybe Huh?
Create poll? Yes No   What is this?
Poll question: