Register new account
Edit account
Search

Ancient Domains Of Mystery, forum overview / Spoilers / quickling king/queen corpses

Online users ( Unknown)
Application object not working properly at the moment, no clue who is online...

* Numbers in parentheses are the number of minutes since the user last loaded a page. Logged-in users time out after 40 minutes (unless they manually log out), lurkers and anonymous posters after 20.

Portrait
Taz
Registered user

Last page view:

4997 days, 4 hours, 38 minutes and 33 seconds ago.
Posted on Thursday, November 16, 2006 at 21:43 (GMT -5)

by how much does each shorten your lifespan? i found a tension room of quickling kings and with food preservation at 100, i'm finding lots of corpses. should i eat all of them?
Taz: A potion of gain attributes (4s) is lying here. Suddenly a stone block hits your head! Something on the ground is smashed to pieces!
PeanutGod: Awwww no! How harsh is that! This is where you need the artefact 'mop and bucket'.
Portrait
Soirana
Registered user
Chaos Freak

Last page view:

4121 days, 6 hours, 58 minutes and 31 seconds ago.
Posted on Thursday, November 16, 2006 at 22:43 (GMT -5)

heard of 25%. but youy can't die just because eating them. not even at very old.

eat and drink potions of longevity.
A root is a flower that disdains fame.
Kahlil Gibran(1883-1931)
Portrait
Taz
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Friday, November 17, 2006 at 00:29 (GMT -5)

i ended up eating them all. i was worried about the ghost lords in d:50 but figured that they probably wouldnt be able to hit me enough to cause any problems.
Taz: A potion of gain attributes (4s) is lying here. Suddenly a stone block hits your head! Something on the ground is smashed to pieces!
PeanutGod: Awwww no! How harsh is that! This is where you need the artefact 'mop and bucket'.
Red October
Registered user

Last page view:

5644 days, 17 hours, 17 minutes and 41 seconds ago.
Posted on Friday, November 17, 2006 at 03:42 (GMT -5)

Hopefully you'll get some potions of longevity or youth. You might have some alreaddy; I usually develop big piles of potions that aren't Gain Attributes, Chaos Resist, Water, -Stat-, or something else immediately useful.
Grey elves are handy inasmuch as you don't have to worry about aging effects.
Battle Bunny: "Ach, maybe his Christian altar was stepped on.
By a moloch."
Molach
Registered user
Lord of DurisMud

Last page view:

5113 days, 7 hours, 36 minutes and 3 seconds ago.
Posted on Friday, November 17, 2006 at 08:07 (GMT -5)

All elves are good. Dwarf almost safe, Gnome pretty safe. Human, Hurthling, Drakeling pretty unsafe, and then there are the suicidal Troll and Orc. (Orc is worst btw)

You never told us your character's race.
If its an orc or troll you could die next aging hit you receive. But if you never get hit, then only your birthday can harm you. And you can look that up, and see if it's close.

If its an elf you can forget the whole thing.

If it reduces 25%...(Rounding up all the way)
A Trolls average max age is 65.
Corpses eaten----Max age
0----------------65
1----------------49
2----------------37
3----------------27
4----------------21
5----------------15

So depending on race, you could be in bad shape if your birthday comes up...

Potions of youth wont work, they only take away aging which has already happened. A Troll will be around 12 years old when starting out, and potions of youth will only set age to this. Longevity is the way to go.

And no need to save longevity, bless 'em and drink em. Unless you WANT to become older age for some sick reason (scummin Strength and toughness mabye)

That actually works pretty well, happened to my current Troll. He got hit to very old age, then managed to train toughness (Strength was STILL too high to train effectively), before quaffing potions of youth again. Which reset toughness to old-high level.

Oh yeah, spellcasters might consider getting old too, they get more learning (mabye willpower or mana too, dont remember)

[Edited 1 time, last edit on 11/17/2006 at 08:15 (GMT -5) by Molach]
Portrait
Soirana
Registered user
Chaos Freak

Last page view:

4121 days, 6 hours, 58 minutes and 31 seconds ago.
Posted on Friday, November 17, 2006 at 08:17 (GMT -5)

since it's percentage question elves might end in trouble as well.

three corpses more then halkves your max age. and next three more then halves again.

dark elf start age -1250
after 3 corpses 527
after 3 more 222
after 3 more 93 which is already very bad news.

i think you can trick around with potions of youth by getting old eating corpses followed by potions of youth.
A root is a flower that disdains fame.
Kahlil Gibran(1883-1931)
ej
Unregistered user
Posted on Friday, November 17, 2006 at 08:34 (GMT -5)

I think they would only decrease your "max age", and not the points at wich you character becomes "old" and "very old". your character will only die from old age if they are "very old" AND have reached there "max age" , so elves and naturally long living characters probably shouldn't worry, because the age that they become "very old" is very high anyway.
Portrait
Taz
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Friday, November 17, 2006 at 08:34 (GMT -5)

it was a hurthling barbarian, and i ate 4-5 corpses then went on to beat the game (had gotten all the orbs and the quickling king tension room was on d:45-46ish. i was on my way up to receive cleansing from the white unicorn before going down to d:50). the few ghost lords who attacked at me never had a chance to age the little tough barbarian :P

my favorite classes used to be druid/wizard. but now i'm giving a shot at a non-backed up barbarian, see if i can get my first legit win with it. i died once to an ancient red dragon with this one :(

Color mixer:
Red: Green: Blue: HTML color code: result:      
Your Name: Check to login:

Your Message:

Read the
formating help
Are you a spambot? Yes No Maybe Huh?
Create poll? Yes No   What is this?
Poll question: