Register new account
Edit account
Search

Ancient Domains Of Mystery, forum overview / Spoilers / *me hates RNG*

Online users ( Unknown)
Application object not working properly at the moment, no clue who is online...

* Numbers in parentheses are the number of minutes since the user last loaded a page. Logged-in users time out after 40 minutes (unless they manually log out), lurkers and anonymous posters after 20.

Portrait
Taz
Registered user

Last page view:

5019 days, 21 hours, 10 minutes and 1 second ago.
Posted on Saturday, November 18, 2006 at 09:19 (GMT -5)

A potion of gain attributes (4s) is lying here. Suddenly a stone block hits your head! Something on the ground is smashed to pieces!

i wonder if i can get my character to lick the ground to gain a stat or two :(
Taz: A potion of gain attributes (4s) is lying here. Suddenly a stone block hits your head! Something on the ground is smashed to pieces!
PeanutGod: Awwww no! How harsh is that! This is where you need the artefact 'mop and bucket'.
Portrait
PeanutGod
Registered user
Lord of Misery

Last page view:

5046 days, 14 hours, 56 minutes and 47 seconds ago.
Posted on Saturday, November 18, 2006 at 11:19 (GMT -5)

Awwww no! How harsh is that! This is where you need the artefact 'mop and bucket'.

Seriously though, I feel for ya

-----

Ladies and Gentleman, take my advice. Pull down your pants, and slide on the ice.
Ladies and Gentleman, take my advice. Pull down your pants, and slide on the ice.

Molach
Registered user
Lord of DurisMud

Last page view:

5136 days, 7 minutes and 31 seconds ago.
Posted on Saturday, November 18, 2006 at 18:29 (GMT -5)

Well it *is* a tad better than
Suddenly a stone block hits your head! You die...
Kaos
Unregistered user
Posted on Saturday, November 18, 2006 at 22:33 (GMT -5)

...or, the cute puppy is crushed by falling rocks.
thats sucks
Lost_one
Registered user
unregistered user

Last page view:

5915 days, 18 hours, 16 minutes and 48 seconds ago.
Posted on Wednesday, November 22, 2006 at 23:47 (GMT -5)

a blessed glowing wand is here.
suddonly, a roaring fireball explodes around you.
a blessed glowing wand is consumed by the heat. your uncursed long bow [+4 +3]is consumed by the heat. 2 out of your 3 uncursed scrolls of chaos resistance are turned to ashes within moments.

I wish I would've saved before I quit that char....prolly my most promising monk ever.
"I have opinions -STRONG opinions- that sometimes, I don't agree with"

---Prez. George W. Bush
ej
Unregistered user
Posted on Thursday, November 23, 2006 at 09:56 (GMT -5)

that's impossible lost_on glowing wands are made of eternium.
Portrait
Soirana
Registered user
Chaos Freak

Last page view:

4143 days, 23 hours, 29 minutes and 59 seconds ago.
Posted on Thursday, November 23, 2006 at 10:25 (GMT -5)

all off you realise -- glowing wand is not automatically equal to wand of wishing.

or i lost some of my experiance in ADOM due to alcocholic intoxication?
A root is a flower that disdains fame.
Kahlil Gibran(1883-1931)

[Edited 1 time, last edit on 11/23/2006 at 10:26 (GMT -5) by Soirana]
Molach
Registered user
Lord of DurisMud

Last page view:

5136 days, 7 minutes and 31 seconds ago.
Posted on Thursday, November 23, 2006 at 12:02 (GMT -5)

I think it is equal. Glowing = wishing.
Golden = not, I used to mix those up
Portrait
Soirana
Registered user
Chaos Freak

Last page view:

Posted on Thursday, November 23, 2006 at 12:20 (GMT -5)

i think it is not.

i dug through my pile of save files and all wand s of wishing were glowing.

but i still memmorize glowing wand being total s**t after stealing form underwater cavern.

and don't even try persuade me after seeing 7LB beeing leather botts 30s.
Kahlil Gibran(1883-1931)
Cat Lord Lord
Registered user
Not really

Last page view:

5439 days, 11 hours, 13 minutes and 42 seconds ago.
Posted on Thursday, November 23, 2006 at 12:42 (GMT -5)

Glowing wand is always WoW. Ordinary is NOT always RoDS. AoLS is USUALLY Steel amulet.
Homework is not meant for home! It's a sick verbal coincidence!
-My brother
Portrait
Soirana
Registered user
Chaos Freak

Last page view:

Posted on Thursday, November 23, 2006 at 13:16 (GMT -5)

no real offense, just to make discussion how many wands of wishing have you seen?

myself less then ten. that is not statiscally realiable number.
Kahlil Gibran(1883-1931)
Portrait
PeanutGod
Registered user
Lord of Misery

Last page view:

Posted on Thursday, November 23, 2006 at 13:32 (GMT -5)

Everytime that I have obtained a WoW, it has always been a glowing wand. Thats just in my own case though.

In about 8 years of the game, I've seen around 10 or so. The best I ever had was 7 wishes, the worst was only 1 charge.

-----

Portrait
Soirana
Registered user
Chaos Freak

Last page view:

Posted on Thursday, November 23, 2006 at 13:41 (GMT -5)

in 8 years you of course checked all the characters memmory for identified wands just to see if any other wasn't glowing?

or you have other confirmation of your statement glowing=wishing?
Kahlil Gibran(1883-1931)
Portrait
PeanutGod
Registered user
Lord of Misery

Last page view:

Posted on Friday, November 24, 2006 at 11:47 (GMT -5)

The only conformatiojn I have is from my memory. Sorry. But then again, since the WoW is very rare, it doesn't take a genius to remember what the wand description is. The first time I ever played the game, my friend told me to look out for glowing wands, and the first I obtained turned out to be a WoW. It's just one of those things. I'm not saying that in other peoples games they couldn't be something else, but in all mine, they have always been glowing wands.

----

Red October
Registered user

Last page view:

5667 days, 9 hours, 49 minutes and 9 seconds ago.
Posted on Friday, November 24, 2006 at 17:05 (GMT -5)

I've seen plenty of Rings of Djini Summoning, they are always "ordinary" in my experience.
Seven League Boots are always "worn", and Amulets of Life Saving tend to be "Bleak Amulets" in my experience. I have never once seen a wand of wishing.
Battle Bunny: "Ach, maybe his Christian altar was stepped on.
By a moloch."
Silfir
Registered user
Writer of Overly Long Guides

Last page view:

4062 days, 18 hours, 55 minutes and 18 seconds ago.
Posted on Friday, November 24, 2006 at 20:17 (GMT -5)

Seven League Boots are not always "worn", i've seen them "soft" and "leather" too. I've seen RoDS that were "onyx" as well, and AoLS that were "iron". I'm fairly positive that it's the same for WoWis, they are MOST OFTENLY "glowing wands", but the possibility for them to be something else is always there. I've never seen a WoWi that wasn't "glowing", but I'm not denying the possibility.
You drop the golden ball.
You kick the golden ball. It slides to the west.
Suddenly Harry Potter, the apprentice wizard, appears! "That's not how you play Quidditch! are you even listening?"
Which direction? (123456789) 4
Harry Potter, the apprentice wizard, is hit by a bolt of acid! Harry Potter, the apprentice wizard, is annihilated.
You hear the ecstatic cries of a large crowd!
Darren Grey
Registered user

Last page view:

4233 days, 18 hours, 13 minutes and 8 seconds ago.
Posted on Saturday, November 25, 2006 at 03:48 (GMT -5)

In 7 or 8 years of playing I have never heard of anyone finding wands of wishing that arere not "glowing wands". Of course, this is not proof itself, since they're such rare items. However, if a wand of wishing was something other than glowing then it would surely transpire that glowing wands would show up as some other type of wand? Now if that had happened I'm sure it would be well known (imagine your disappointment). The variance in unIDed names for SLBs, RoDSs and AoLSs is well known, but I've never seen it documented that glowing wands are sometimes not wands of wishing.
Waldenbrook, the dwarven shopkeeper, mumbles: "I'd offer 9 gold pieces for yer dwarven child corpse."
Portrait
Soirana
Registered user
Chaos Freak

Last page view:

Posted on Saturday, November 25, 2006 at 07:46 (GMT -5)

i have dim memories of very unlucky char - 2k remlins, drunk all pools, dig all graves - who found glowing wand in water lair just to get totally frustrated for it not being wishing.
that is why always indentify wands before zapping glowing wand.

but that case was somwhere two years ago, so i'm not dead certain. unluckily it was before i started building my save file collection on testing purposes.

speaking of well known facts: is it well known fact what you can kill cats without penalties after entering cat lord level but befores chating wit him? even in front of him?
and don't forget how many characters got through that level.
Kahlil Gibran(1883-1931)
Portrait
PeanutGod
Registered user
Lord of Misery

Last page view:

Posted on Sunday, November 26, 2006 at 04:14 (GMT -5)

On the subject of hating the RNG, my current character hates it as well. Completed the game, building him up to AM status. However, I can't scum the BDC, very well, because both the last two levels had me feeling 'threatened'. Both of them turned out to be loads of Titans. I've got em crawling everywhere. It's not fair!

----

Silfir
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Sunday, November 26, 2006 at 05:11 (GMT -5)

My, you've got problems. ;)
Suddenly Harry Potter, the apprentice wizard, appears! "That's not how you play Quidditch! are you even listening?"
Harry Potter, the apprentice wizard, is hit by a bolt of acid! Harry Potter, the apprentice wizard, is annihilated.
Cat Lord Lord
Registered user
Not really

Last page view:

5439 days, 11 hours, 13 minutes and 42 seconds ago.
Posted on Sunday, November 26, 2006 at 08:34 (GMT -5)

Sortof on this subject, I think I found a bug. On my current character I got a wish, and wished for an AoLS and gave it to Khelly. Not too long after that I found a steel amulet. I checked my identified items, and Steel amulet was AoLS. Is there any real reason it wasn't ID'd?
Yeah, and on this subject, this same character tried to change to neutral after switching alot, so I went to Dwarftown altar. Sacked one gold, and "*MORTAL! YOU WILL BE PUNISHED!*" All my equipment turned to dust...
Homework is not meant for home! It's a sick verbal coincidence!
-My brother
Darren Grey
Registered user

Last page view:

4233 days, 18 hours, 13 minutes and 8 seconds ago.
Posted on Sunday, November 26, 2006 at 12:03 (GMT -5)

As far as I'm aware every amulet or necklace you pick up shows its unided name unless you use identify magic on it, even thoughh you can tell what it is from the identified items list. Seems silly to me, but that's how it's always been so I assume it's deliberate.
Waldenbrook, the dwarven shopkeeper, mumbles: "I'd offer 9 gold pieces for yer dwarven child corpse."
Silfir
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Sunday, November 26, 2006 at 16:44 (GMT -5)

Maybe he was offended by your offering of exactly one gold piece... I would be, If I was a god.

I think switching a lot hurts your piety levels...

Color mixer:
Red: Green: Blue: HTML color code: result:      
Your Name: Check to login:

Your Message:

Read the
formating help
Are you a spambot? Yes No Maybe Huh?
Create poll? Yes No   What is this?
Poll question: