Register new account
Edit account
Search

Ancient Domains Of Mystery, forum overview / Spoilers / Is this possible?

Online users ( Unknown)
Application object not working properly at the moment, no clue who is online...

* Numbers in parentheses are the number of minutes since the user last loaded a page. Logged-in users time out after 40 minutes (unless they manually log out), lurkers and anonymous posters after 20.

Nolrael
Registered user
Lord of Baal Secundus

Last page view:

7588 days, 12 hours, 46 minutes and 12 seconds ago.
Posted on Wednesday, December 26, 2001 at 05:46 (GMT -5)

I am playing a gnomish mindcrafter, killed Hotzenplotz with Wand of lightning and went to SMC. While there, I got a message "You feel a pious aura". Isn't that a singn of a altar? And can there appear altars in SMC? I haven't fuond it yet.

"I didn't come to play. I came to win."
Hassinen
Registered user

Last page view:

8148 days, 4 hours, 27 minutes and 5 seconds ago.
Posted on Wednesday, December 26, 2001 at 08:05 (GMT -5)

That's a good place to get into high standings with your deity, the monster generation rate is HIGH. Esp. with chaotics and lawfuls, when you can sac almost anything. Precrowning pretty easy.

BTW, if I'm L I can't get crowned, I need L+. Still my neutral chars seem to get crowned easily at N- or N+. Why is this? It's irritating when I'm trying to get the precrowning(s) first and get the crowning later on.

If something can go wrong, it will.
Locke
Registered user
Treasure hunter

Last page view:

7892 days, 15 hours, 24 minutes and 15 seconds ago.
Posted on Wednesday, December 26, 2001 at 08:36 (GMT -5)

In order to get crowned, you must be of extreme alignment. C-, N= or L+ that is. No exceptions. Though sometimes, the display does not correctly reflect your alignment if you have sacced a certain amount and crown yourself right after, making it look like the crowning was made while you were still at non-extreme alignment. At least this bug was present in g16p2.

Locke Cole
adomer2
Registered user

Last page view:

8032 days, 8 hours, 24 minutes and 47 seconds ago.
Posted on Thursday, December 27, 2001 at 03:19 (GMT -5)

locke, i know that's the general thinking on crowning, but i've had crownings at n= and N+. i don't know why it does that either, maybe just a bug in 1.0

nolrael, i've had a lawful altar produced in SMC too. i was so excited when i saw it. also, it was in the first room near the staircase! but even more than that it was right next to the hallway!! monsters had to walk on it.....oh wait, no it was a neutral altar tha ti couldn't convert, that's right. anyway, it was still pretty cool cause i've never seen altars next to small corridors before and i hate it if they're next to a wall and i don't have a pickaxe.
Locke
Registered user
Treasure hunter

Last page view:

7892 days, 15 hours, 24 minutes and 15 seconds ago.
Posted on Thursday, December 27, 2001 at 17:27 (GMT -5)

And you are sure that you were N+ when you got crowned? Did you refresh the display several times? Did you make a few moves to be sure that the display showed your correct alignment? I am still convinced that the display bug is working here. Sorry for my stubborness but I have ever managed to crown myself at non extreme alignment, ever. And I have tried to crown myself *many* times. Guess I have been (un)lucky enough not to experience this think.

Locke Cole
Portrait
Dougy
Registered user
What is the deal with cards?

Last page view:

5823 days, 20 hours, 49 minutes and 17 seconds ago.
Posted on Friday, December 28, 2001 at 00:31 (GMT -5)

I've achieved the same, rather nasty surprise for someone wanting precrowning.

Locke is right in my situation tho, saccing the gold to get me to extreme changed my align to n= even if the display was n-. Has anyone submitted a bug report about this ??

Adomer from Australia.

DougyDougy - Dougy - DougyDougy

Color mixer:
Red: Green: Blue: HTML color code: result:      
Your Name: Check to login:

Your Message:

Read the
formating help
Are you a spambot? Yes No Maybe Huh?
Create poll? Yes No   What is this?
Poll question: