Register new account
Edit account
Search

Ancient Domains Of Mystery, forum overview / Spoilers / autocursing food!! help

Online users ( Unknown)
Application object not working properly at the moment, no clue who is online...

* Numbers in parentheses are the number of minutes since the user last loaded a page. Logged-in users time out after 40 minutes (unless they manually log out), lurkers and anonymous posters after 20.

colleen
Unregistered user
Posted on Thursday, November 23, 2006 at 18:42 (GMT -5)

help!, every time i pick up food, or eat some of my stored food it becomes cursed! i don't want to starve, what can i do??
i am not wearing any arifacts, and i have lucky and fate smiles
Cat Lord Lord
Registered user
Not really

Last page view:

5443 days, 23 hours, 29 minutes and 59 seconds ago.
Posted on Thursday, November 23, 2006 at 19:06 (GMT -5)

You have the poison hands corruption. Put on thick gauntlets or get something of cure corruption (Scroll of chaos resistance or Potion of Cure corruption).
Homework is not meant for home! It's a sick verbal coincidence!
-My brother
colleen
Unregistered user
Posted on Thursday, November 23, 2006 at 20:06 (GMT -5)

THANK YOU
Lunt
Registered user

Last page view:

6106 days, 17 hours, 39 minutes and 54 seconds ago.
Posted on Thursday, November 23, 2006 at 20:49 (GMT -5)

Dont drink/touch any potions w/o thick gauntlets either! !oCC will not work if you arent wearing them. You'll just poison yourself and get pissed off for wasting it.
Portrait
Taz
Registered user

Last page view:

5024 days, 9 hours, 26 minutes and 18 seconds ago.
Posted on Friday, November 24, 2006 at 01:05 (GMT -5)

just to give you more detail: the poison hands corruption curses any food you touch and turns any potion you touch into poison, as well as poisoning any weapons you're holding (the only good thing about it). the way to cancel ALL of the above without getting rid of the corruption is wearing thick gauntlets.
Taz: A potion of gain attributes (4s) is lying here. Suddenly a stone block hits your head! Something on the ground is smashed to pieces!
PeanutGod: Awwww no! How harsh is that! This is where you need the artefact 'mop and bucket'.
The Real J.
Registered user
The faceless swordsman

Last page view:

5612 days, 13 hours, 26 minutes and 1 second ago.
Posted on Friday, November 24, 2006 at 02:07 (GMT -5)

Just thinking: one might abuse the poison hands corruption to poison all his weapons by wielding them one at a time while not wearing thick gauntlets. Also, turning useless potions into poison might be useful since poison is quite useful in ADOM.
Sytytä toiselle tuli ja hän pysyy lämpimänä jonkin aikaa.
Sytytä hänet palamaan ja hän pysyy lämpimänä loppuelämänsä.
Portrait
Taz
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Friday, November 24, 2006 at 02:25 (GMT -5)

i think that your weapons are only poisoned as long as your poison hands are touching them. ie: removing the corruption or wearing thick gauntlets means you have a normal weapon.

getting free potions of poison is good though. as well as cursing stomacemptia or spider bread if you want.
Taz: A potion of gain attributes (4s) is lying here. Suddenly a stone block hits your head! Something on the ground is smashed to pieces!
PeanutGod: Awwww no! How harsh is that! This is where you need the artefact 'mop and bucket'.
The Real J.
Registered user
The faceless swordsman

Last page view:

5612 days, 13 hours, 26 minutes and 1 second ago.
Posted on Friday, November 24, 2006 at 03:43 (GMT -5)

Ah, I forgot about that. It seems quite illogical to me, though. While you are holding on to the wep it is poisoned but when unwielded it is no longer poisoned. It would make sense for some small weapons or unarmed combat but a huge hammer or staff ? Doesn't make sense to me...
Sytytä toiselle tuli ja hän pysyy lämpimänä jonkin aikaa.
Sytytä hänet palamaan ja hän pysyy lämpimänä loppuelämänsä.
Portrait
Maelstrom
Registered user
The Knight of the Black Rose

Last page view:

3116 days, 1 hour, 58 minutes and 37 seconds ago.
Posted on Friday, November 24, 2006 at 04:19 (GMT -5)

The weapon is treated as poisoned, because you constantly drip small amounts of poison on it while you're wiedling it.
It's not enough to poison it, but it's constant, so there will always be some on it, when you hit your enemy...

At least that's what I think, and it seems logical ;P
A pessimist sees a dark tunnel.
An optimist sees a light at the end of that tunnel.
A realist sees a train.
And the train driver sees three idiots on the tracks.
Portrait
Taz
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Friday, November 24, 2006 at 07:41 (GMT -5)

yeah, maelstrom makes sense.

dipping weapons in poison is also temporary too, yeah?

when you think about it, no matter how much poison you put on a normal weaopn, it's bound to wear off eventually.

Color mixer:
Red: Green: Blue: HTML color code: result:      
Your Name: Check to login:

Your Message:

Read the
formating help
Are you a spambot? Yes No Maybe Huh?
Create poll? Yes No   What is this?
Poll question: