Register new account
Edit account
Search

Ancient Domains Of Mystery, forum overview / Spoilers / extreme alignment

Online users ( Unknown)
Application object not working properly at the moment, no clue who is online...

* Numbers in parentheses are the number of minutes since the user last loaded a page. Logged-in users time out after 40 minutes (unless they manually log out), lurkers and anonymous posters after 20.

Flamnace
Registered user

Last page view:

5276 days, 3 hours, 33 minutes and 13 seconds ago.
Posted on Tuesday, November 28, 2006 at 02:37 (GMT -5)

Playing an elven wizard. Got herbs and altar in UD. I'm trying to get precrowned and got to "absolutely close" but the saccing got me to N=. Whats the best way to get rid of the "="? also got invisibility from pool. should i just kill some non-hostile monsters to move towards chaotic? please help
Get busy livin', or get busy dyin'.
Darren Grey
Registered user

Last page view:

4238 days, 7 hours, 47 minutes and 50 seconds ago.
Posted on Tuesday, November 28, 2006 at 03:36 (GMT -5)

Killing non-hostiles will certainly do the trick. HMV is close and killing people there doesn't make everyone hostile, so it's a pretty easy way. If you wanted to go N+ instead you could use a whip in your tool slot.
Waldenbrook, the dwarven shopkeeper, mumbles: "I'd offer 9 gold pieces for yer dwarven child corpse."
The Real J.
Registered user
The faceless swordsman

Last page view:

5612 days, 14 hours, 44 minutes and 26 seconds ago.
Posted on Tuesday, November 28, 2006 at 03:39 (GMT -5)

When I'm playing neutrals (most of the time, that is) I tend to wait until dwarftown. I'll collect enough stoma for precrowning and crowning and then:

1. sac enough stoma to get absolutely close (or extremely enough, since I'm playing 1.0.0 exclusively).
2. Lead a dwarf out of dwarftown and kill it. I usually use the stairs up since they are nearer. This will drop the chars alignment enough to prevent getting crowned.
3. Return to the altar, pray. Get precrowned.
4. Offer enough stoma to get to crowning level. This should also take alignment to N=
5. Pray. Get crowned.

Without the dwarftown altar I'd guess one could either kill some non-hostile or heal a companion to get off N=. Using amulet of chaos/order is probably too slow.
Sytytä toiselle tuli ja hän pysyy lämpimänä jonkin aikaa.
Sytytä hänet palamaan ja hän pysyy lämpimänä loppuelämänsä.
Darren Grey
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Tuesday, November 28, 2006 at 04:24 (GMT -5)

Is there any specific need for the dwarftown altar? Anyone could go to dwarftown after getting to absolutely close and lure a dwarf off to kill them. You don't need the altar there to then pray for a precrowning.
Waldenbrook, the dwarven shopkeeper, mumbles: "I'd offer 9 gold pieces for yer dwarven child corpse."
Molach
Registered user
Lord of DurisMud

Last page view:

5140 days, 13 hours, 42 minutes and 13 seconds ago.
Posted on Tuesday, November 28, 2006 at 10:37 (GMT -5)

Amulet of order works, at least when you live-sac. You want it blessed, though, and wear it while you sac. Doesn't take long to go to N+ then.

If you sac a big bunch of stuff at once, then doing something bad is the way to go.
The Real J.
Registered user
The faceless swordsman

Last page view:

Posted on Wednesday, November 29, 2006 at 00:44 (GMT -5)

A question: when aiming for precrowning how much off the extreme alignment one needs to be to avoid getting crowned ? Supposing I was playing a lowish level char (under 17 to be able to get to the pyramid) and aiming for two precrownings (couldn't get 3 since that would mean forgoing the pyramid) using an amulet of order. Imagine I did it the following way:

1. Sac some 120 blessed stoma on altar to get close enough.
2. Wait a while wearing a blessed amulet of order.
3. Pray to get precrowned
4. Repeat 1-3

How long would the char need to wait to avoid getting crowned while still sustaining enough piety ?
soirana unplugged
Unregistered user
Posted on Wednesday, November 29, 2006 at 01:12 (GMT -5)

guess untill you are not N=, L+, C- you are out of trouble. and you surely heard precrowns can be done inside pyramid after reaching lv17 inside?

in general waiting is risky bussiness. i' d prefer killing dwarf or ratling dealer
The Real J.
Registered user
The faceless swordsman

Last page view:

Posted on Wednesday, November 29, 2006 at 01:49 (GMT -5)

The problem is dwarves or ratling dealers aren't found everywhere. Suppose the char found a nice bunch of stoma and altar in UD on the way to HMV. With no artifacts generated so far the char had the possibility of 2 precrownings before pyramid. And if the char then achieved enough piety for third precrowning the char could then gain level 17 in the pyramid and pray for third precrowning. Dwarves aren't exactly common outside dwarftown (and si is generated before that) and ratling dealers seem rarer still. If the char was wearing an amulet of order all the time the alignment would slowly creep out of N=. The char could spend that time to collect more stoma, for instance.
Portrait
Soirana
Registered user
Chaos Freak

Last page view:

4148 days, 13 hours, 4 minutes and 41 seconds ago.
Posted on Wednesday, November 29, 2006 at 02:18 (GMT -5)

i always thought piety loss is faster then amulet of order. so you need insaane amount of stoma for second precrown.

possible tech: find monster attacking which gives you a question y/N. put him safe.
if you can't found fight monsters on defensive or even coward to make fight last long enough and wound him slowly, if he gets afraid chase him (C)hat with kim. you'll be guiven chance of offer (p)eace. some of these become nonhostiles who give you a question, this is based on charisma i guess.

then you answer question yes then attacking your allignment goes down.

still it is not a big problem for lawfuls or chaotics since they rarely reach extreme allignment by saccing.

and in case of UD leaving it and going toCoC arena level might be faster then waiting for amulet of order to work.
A root is a flower that disdains fame.
Kahlil Gibran(1883-1931)
The Real J.
Registered user
The faceless swordsman

Last page view:

Posted on Wednesday, November 29, 2006 at 06:16 (GMT -5)

One possibility coming to mind is also (ab)using music and summoners. When a summoner summons some monsters use music to calm down some of them and then attack some peaceful monster to lower alignment. Also, apparently "overflow" piety gained from saccing gets carried over so if one first sacced some 300 blessed stomafillia, then did something to lower/raise alignment off the N= one could get two precrownings in a row.
Darren Grey
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Wednesday, November 29, 2006 at 11:08 (GMT -5)

If you sac enough stoma before waltzing around with a blessed amulet of order then you should be fine, at least at lowish levels. But remember that if you're in UD you easily have HMV nearby for non-hostiles to kill. There's load of other stuff you can do to get more C, like eating human or undead corpses and pickpocketing. To become more L instead you can always whip yourself, or tame pets and heal them.
The Real J.
Registered user
The faceless swordsman

Last page view:

Posted on Thursday, November 30, 2006 at 00:48 (GMT -5)

Yes, I had completely forgotten about self-flagellation for changing alignment. If the char found also spenseweed (for healing after self-flagellation) for farming in addition to stoma for precrowning it would probably be quite easy to achieve the precrownings.

Color mixer:
Red: Green: Blue: HTML color code: result:      
Your Name: Check to login:

Your Message:

Read the
formating help
Are you a spambot? Yes No Maybe Huh?
Create poll? Yes No   What is this?
Poll question: