Register new account
Edit account
Search

Ancient Domains Of Mystery, forum overview / Spoilers / killer bugs...

Online users ( Unknown)
Application object not working properly at the moment, no clue who is online...

* Numbers in parentheses are the number of minutes since the user last loaded a page. Logged-in users time out after 40 minutes (unless they manually log out), lurkers and anonymous posters after 20.

Portrait
Taz
Registered user

Last page view:

5025 days, 10 hours, 49 minutes and 20 seconds ago.
Posted on Wednesday, November 29, 2006 at 11:12 (GMT -5)

make awesome pets :P

i just cleared the bug temple with one tamed killer bug. my gnomish bardess closed off all those little rooms with killer bugs with doors (wand of door creation), went straight to the middle room, tamed a killer bug (a few, actually, but i only took care of one) and had it kill the other bugs one by one in the corridor. it's now very experienced and could easily keep up with my 7lbs (but it cant now, i ate too many of those corpses, my speed is almost as high as its speed, add in the 7lbs and i gotta wait every 2-3 steps).

so, yeah, i wonder how an extremely experienced killer bug does against molochs. any opinions?
Taz: A potion of gain attributes (4s) is lying here. Suddenly a stone block hits your head! Something on the ground is smashed to pieces!
PeanutGod: Awwww no! How harsh is that! This is where you need the artefact 'mop and bucket'.
Molach
Registered user
Lord of DurisMud

Last page view:

5141 days, 13 hours, 46 minutes and 50 seconds ago.
Posted on Wednesday, November 29, 2006 at 11:25 (GMT -5)

Ill hazard a guess -
It would easily hit and penetrate armor with its armor piercing attack. But I wonder how much HP its got? In my experience bugs are hard-hitting but frail creatures. So mabye one lucky moloch hit could squash the bug.

But then it would need to land an attack, might never get around to that...

So my professional opinion is: No clue.
Portrait
PeanutGod
Registered user
Lord of Misery

Last page view:

5052 days, 4 hours, 36 minutes and 6 seconds ago.
Posted on Wednesday, November 29, 2006 at 12:03 (GMT -5)

An extremely trained up killer bug can scythe things down like wheat. If you can train one up with a bard at the start of the game, and then keep it alive.....they rock the house down.

----

Ladies and Gentleman, take my advice. Pull down your pants, and slide on the ice.
Ladies and Gentleman, take my advice. Pull down your pants, and slide on the ice.

Noob
Unregistered user
Posted on Wednesday, November 29, 2006 at 15:32 (GMT -5)

Throw some blessed potions of quickling blood at it so that it's speed is higher than yours. Provided that you have quickling blood, that is.That's why I save quickling blood for companions and pets, to speed em' up. Get it's speed somehow to 300, it'll kill anything.....
Silfir
Registered user
Writer of Overly Long Guides

Last page view:

4068 days, 8 hours, 34 minutes and 37 seconds ago.
Posted on Friday, December 01, 2006 at 13:42 (GMT -5)

Except stuff on D:50 or Andor Drakon.

(Yeah, I know - I'm such a spoilsport.)
You drop the golden ball.
You kick the golden ball. It slides to the west.
Suddenly Harry Potter, the apprentice wizard, appears! "That's not how you play Quidditch! are you even listening?"
Which direction? (123456789) 4
Harry Potter, the apprentice wizard, is hit by a bolt of acid! Harry Potter, the apprentice wizard, is annihilated.
You hear the ecstatic cries of a large crowd!
Portrait
Taz
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Sunday, December 03, 2006 at 13:17 (GMT -5)

not really. that character died to a werewolf king :(
Taz: A potion of gain attributes (4s) is lying here. Suddenly a stone block hits your head! Something on the ground is smashed to pieces!
PeanutGod: Awwww no! How harsh is that! This is where you need the artefact 'mop and bucket'.
Portrait
Iridia
Moderator on this forum
YASD

Last page view:

3755 days, 16 hours, 36 minutes and 37 seconds ago.
Posted on Sunday, December 03, 2006 at 13:21 (GMT -5)

The one character who won a Pacifist Man ultra ending used killer bugs :) So yeah, they're really good.
Die Gedanken sind Frei
Noob
Unregistered user
Posted on Sunday, December 03, 2006 at 19:39 (GMT -5)

Yeah, I've tried for a perfect zero on that challenge before. I make a drakish bard, hopefully get glockenspiele, tame all the bugs so that it's survival of the fittest, and get a killer bug and name it Machete.....I always die for some gay reason, like a trap, since i'm always at level one...
Portrait
Soirana
Registered user
Chaos Freak

Last page view:

4149 days, 13 hours, 9 minutes and 18 seconds ago.
Posted on Sunday, December 03, 2006 at 23:05 (GMT -5)

the are alternative ways to get experience.
at least disarming traps.

edit: i meant diarming tarps guves experience. and without leveling up, you can abuse jharod for potions of extra healing, to improve hp.
A root is a flower that disdains fame.
Kahlil Gibran(1883-1931)

[Edited 1 time, last edit on 12/4/2006 at 05:36 (GMT -5) by Soirana]
Portrait
Taz
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Monday, December 04, 2006 at 03:39 (GMT -5)

or train stats to make dying to traps a bit harder. not sure how much diff that makes though.
Portrait
FUNKtional Key
Registered user
A Die-Hard Tactician

Last page view:

5788 days, 23 hours and 22 minutes ago.
Posted on Thursday, December 07, 2006 at 14:17 (GMT -5)

said this before and will say this again:
high-level bard with extremely experienced killer bug is the number one nominee for the deepest ID dive contest.
and also playin a bard, u can use the moloch armor bug 2 get virtually immortal companion like totally unhittable berserker emperor. because u're bard there is no danger of him becoming hostile, and u can devote all yourself 2 slashing thru the ID=)
All roads lead to chaos, in the end.

[Edited 1 time, last edit on 12/7/2006 at 14:18 (GMT -5) by FUNKtional Key]
Portrait
Battle bunny
Registered user
I'm just that cool

Last page view:

5827 days, 4 hours, 10 minutes and 6 seconds ago.
Posted on Wednesday, December 20, 2006 at 13:10 (GMT -5)

Well, killer bugs are very good, but if you can get a gr8er claw bug from the outskirts, that will serve as a good low-level companion. Don't forget to use a Glockenspiel.
I just did it and named him Chainsaw. Too bad I got destroyed by a GODDAMNED TITAN in the DH.
(\_/)
(o.0)
(> <)
( / \ )

Don't click this
http://www.mindistortion.net/iwantyoursoul/?i_am=Darkcutter

Color mixer:
Red: Green: Blue: HTML color code: result:      
Your Name: Check to login:

Your Message:

Read the
formating help