Register new account
Edit account
Search

Ancient Domains Of Mystery, forum overview / Spoilers / Easy STR increases, buy now.

Online users ( Unknown)
Application object not working properly at the moment, no clue who is online...

* Numbers in parentheses are the number of minutes since the user last loaded a page. Logged-in users time out after 40 minutes (unless they manually log out), lurkers and anonymous posters after 20.

Molach
Registered user
Lord of DurisMud

Last page view:

5114 days, 5 hours, 20 minutes and 58 seconds ago.
Posted on Friday, December 15, 2006 at 07:06 (GMT -5)

This might be very famliar, but posting in case someone might find it useful. This is a feature/exploit, but not particularly hard to do.

Now all know how to get 16-17-18 STR easy, just walk around strained. That should be done very early game. For the early-mid game:

1. Acquire a way to cause sickness. Kobold corpse, or devils roses.
2. Assemble some stomacemptia herbs. It is possible without, but....really you want the herbs. 10+.
3. Become sick.
4. Kill ogres in the orge Cave, dwarf quest 3. Giant/ogre tension rooms will work, hill giant warbands and the like. Or you can dig them out with a pickaxe (while hunting ore or gems). Any time you get a Str-giving corpse, really. But the ogres are guaranteed, and a big enough herd to mabye make this work all the way.
5. Eat one cursed stomacemptia herb (or a few others) to make you starving.
6. Eat one ogre corpse.
7. Go to step 5.

And this works very well. Sickness will lower strength, and starvation lowers it further. It's easy to get 18 strength by eating corpses, and sometimes you get lucky and hit 19. The game calculates chance of getting increase before the corpse gives satiation, so your STR stays low. When you become un-starved (kinda automatically) and un-sickened your will have 24+ strength. And that is just from the ogres, other giants give even better increase odds. I think. Anyway 25 is pretty easy this way. After doing this you then drink your potions of STR or Gain Attributes to train it higher.

I should think that this 1 turn of starvation is risk free. As in, you just become starving, then same turn you start eating something. I've not had any deaths to starvation this way, it takes a bit of time and effort in my experience.

You can use the same trick to lower your STR before buying stat from garth, but then you have at least one full turn in starvation.

Everyone eats a sickness herb before training anything with him, right?
Red October
Registered user

Last page view:

5645 days, 15 hours, 2 minutes and 36 seconds ago.
Posted on Friday, December 15, 2006 at 23:28 (GMT -5)

I've gotten 26 from the fire giants in the fire temple, just as some info.
Battle Bunny: "Ach, maybe his Christian altar was stepped on.
By a moloch."
Molach
Registered user
Lord of DurisMud

Last page view:

5114 days, 5 hours, 20 minutes and 58 seconds ago.
Posted on Saturday, December 16, 2006 at 08:42 (GMT -5)

Yes. I think STR gain is in theory unlimited. Odds are better the lower your current STR is.
Portrait
Soirana
Registered user
Chaos Freak

Last page view:

4122 days, 4 hours, 43 minutes and 26 seconds ago.
Posted on Saturday, December 16, 2006 at 09:24 (GMT -5)

by theory you mean sort of code diving?

in general odds especially on high level depend on monster type. fire giants are lot of better then ogres
A root is a flower that disdains fame.
Kahlil Gibran(1883-1931)

Color mixer:
Red: Green: Blue: HTML color code: result:      
Your Name: Check to login:

Your Message:

Read the
formating help
Are you a spambot? Yes No Maybe Huh?
Create poll? Yes No   What is this?
Poll question: