Register new account
Edit account
Search

Ancient Domains Of Mystery, forum overview / Spoilers / ADOM Contest results

Online users ( Unknown)
Application object not working properly at the moment, no clue who is online...

* Numbers in parentheses are the number of minutes since the user last loaded a page. Logged-in users time out after 40 minutes (unless they manually log out), lurkers and anonymous posters after 20.

This thread is 2 pages long.
Go to page 1 2
Cat Lord Lord
Registered user
Not really

Last page view:

5416 days, 14 hours, 42 minutes and 3 seconds ago.
Posted on Tuesday, January 02, 2007 at 13:20 (GMT -5)

I wear a rapid healing sometimes, but even blessed it never helps me much. At least not a noticeable amount. Nice character though.
Homework is not meant for home! It's a sick verbal coincidence!
-My brother
Portrait
exterminator
Registered user
Guerilla from the North

Last page view:

5776 days, 3 hours, 7 minutes and 49 seconds ago.
Posted on Wednesday, January 03, 2007 at 05:25 (GMT -5)

I posted my score to another thread, but I do it here too. According to flg-file my character Else scored 134673 points, and in hi-score list it was 129801.

Se parhaiten nauraa joka toiselle kuoppaa kaivaa.

[Edited 1 time, last edit on 1/3/2007 at 05:25 (GMT -5) by exterminator]
Portrait
Soirana
Registered user
Chaos Freak

Last page view:

4121 days, 2 hours, 58 minutes and 20 seconds ago.
Posted on Wednesday, January 03, 2007 at 21:13 (GMT -5)

somehow i am not able to edit my own message in contest thread. very wierd, rng is getting out of adom into the net:)

hope it doesn't reaches my real life.
A root is a flower that disdains fame.
Kahlil Gibran(1883-1931)

[Edited 1 time, last edit on 1/3/2007 at 21:15 (GMT -5) by Soirana]
Portrait
*Chaos Muffin*
Registered user
Chaotic Awesome

Last page view:

6096 days, 2 hours, 19 minutes and 51 seconds ago.
Posted on Friday, January 05, 2007 at 05:58 (GMT -5)

Well damn, Bo Jangles was doing lovely- he had just killed the great water dragon and achieved lvl35. the next step was to go through the ToEFlames.
BUT THEN.....
My flatmates computer crashed and died- every thing was lost- all my adom games, many high lvl diablo characters, x-com and more.
made me sad, cause he was doing well.
*<< Words go here >>*
Jules
Registered user

Last page view:

4742 days, 8 hours, 2 minutes and 26 seconds ago.
Posted on Friday, January 05, 2007 at 06:05 (GMT -5)

Chaos Muffin

You may not have a provable score, but sounds like you're the winner on this one.

Cant you remove the hard drive, and insert into another machine.
Even put it as a secondary slave disk, that way the machine wont boot from the drive that crashed, but the data might be recoverable.
Molach
Registered user
Lord of DurisMud

Last page view:

5113 days, 3 hours, 35 minutes and 52 seconds ago.
Posted on Friday, January 05, 2007 at 19:45 (GMT -5)

Still some others alive.

And sorry about your loss, Muffin. Hope this game did not cause it.

Useful reminder to me to upload important stuff somewhere I can always get at it. Or put it on a mem-stick, not like it takes a lot of space anyway. Like highscore, Ive had 4 computers last 4 years, and have made 100 characters in each of them. At least. But all those old highscores are history now.

And Diablo and xcom as well, hm, xcom is often more fun to start from scratch, I've done that a few times. Xcom 2 mostly, as that was the hardest.

I would guess you lost CIV saved games too, but those are something one just starts over each time. Ive saved a lot of CIV games, and very rarely loaded one up again...

But yeah, we can put in a nice award for your effort here at least
Portrait
Soirana
Registered user
Chaos Freak

Last page view:

Posted on Monday, January 08, 2007 at 21:21 (GMT -5)

my gnomish girl have become ultra chaos god in 160025 turns. score is 23216004.

by the way i was surprised what only a few ultra chaos gods are in hall of fame. it is not a bad story for your character anyway.
Kahlil Gibran(1883-1931)
Portrait
Kirbot
Registered user
BattleHax0r of Devastation

Last page view:

5856 days, 5 hours, 53 minutes and 28 seconds ago.
Posted on Monday, January 08, 2007 at 23:56 (GMT -5)

That's true, Soirana. And it's really not much harder than an Avatar of Balance, you just have to hold off getting crowned until after the TotRR. It has the same requirements for entry into the chaos gate, anyway.
Molach: "I like to have 200+ hp and over 5 good healin potions when I do [the fire] temple. AND some way of killing the Wyrm"

Morio: "Some way of killing the worm is recommended, yes :D"
Molach
Registered user
Lord of DurisMud

Last page view:

5113 days, 3 hours, 35 minutes and 52 seconds ago.
Posted on Tuesday, January 09, 2007 at 16:32 (GMT -5)

Well congrats a lot. You truly saved the day. Turns out my intro to the challenge (poor villagers worrying about the widdle monsters) turned out just right. The heroes were not available....so we got the greedy merchant who appeared to help the village in every way, but just as She was handed the one true artifact to end the threat forever...slaughtered the entire village, killed all dwarves, and made herself into the unstoppable force of chaos.(Looks like it takes a female for this kind of thing)

Thus the nightmare before christmas was finally made to last. Forever. And the world ever after

Not bad for a wimpy gnomish ex-santas helper.

The death toll for this challenge sure shows that "Fate shines on your a**e" is somewhat overrated as far as helping survival. Yes, you are fated to be eaten by an orc, looks like.

If the last 2-3 people submit, they have a deadline to work with now. But I actually think 100 days Ultra is very fast. I waste a lot more time. Mostly because I can (I actually wish the game would prevent this, by adding extra corruption as time goes by. My Soon-to-be chaos god will spend 250 days at least)
Portrait
Soirana
Registered user
Chaos Freak

Last page view:

Posted on Tuesday, January 09, 2007 at 21:50 (GMT -5)

sorry, but dwarfs were dead long before trident.

and i learned the pain of getting lv 50 char from 10k black stones to neutrality. considering i was chaotic bigest part of game and the priest was dead.

speaking about speed. 7lb while doing dwarven quests helped a lot. turn wise it is not so fast at least compared to other ultimate chaos gods on hall of fame.

and real pressure was getting into circle on day 60. after feeding ratlin i reached that place with only ten or twelve hours to spare.
Kahlil Gibran(1883-1931)
Go to page 1 2

Color mixer:
Red: Green: Blue: HTML color code: result:      
Your Name: Check to login:

Your Message:

Read the
formating help
Are you a spambot? Yes No Maybe Huh?
Create poll? Yes No   What is this?
Poll question: