Register new account
Edit account
Search

Ancient Domains Of Mystery, forum overview / Spoilers / Playing a doomed pc

Online users ( Unknown)
Application object not working properly at the moment, no clue who is online...

* Numbers in parentheses are the number of minutes since the user last loaded a page. Logged-in users time out after 40 minutes (unless they manually log out), lurkers and anonymous posters after 20.

jeremiah
Registered user

Last page view:

5704 days, 12 hours, 27 minutes and 36 seconds ago.
Posted on Saturday, January 06, 2007 at 11:55 (GMT -5)

Is it ever worth it to run trought the game doomed, just so all the dooming artifacts would be usful to you?
"THE TH TALENT SUCKS!!!!!!" - Gut
Cat Lord Lord
Registered user
Not really

Last page view:

5442 days, 14 hours, 41 minutes and 50 seconds ago.
Posted on Saturday, January 06, 2007 at 12:38 (GMT -5)

Dooming far outweighs the other artifacts. The darkness chance for instakill, way less damage done, way more damage taken... you get the idea. The only real reason I can think of for dooming is for more monsters (in wild or for saccing).
Homework is not meant for home! It's a sick verbal coincidence!
-My brother
Portrait
Soirana
Registered user
Chaos Freak

Last page view:

4147 days, 2 hours, 58 minutes and 7 seconds ago.
Posted on Saturday, January 06, 2007 at 13:08 (GMT -5)

dooming artifacts crown of science, thorc (nothing else springs to mind) stack their effects in my opinion. it is worser to be doomed three times then just one.

if we speak about benefits - more vaults is really usable. late in game i might use easy dooming weapon such as dager of damnation or javelin of doom. wield them on stairs go down, take them to backpack kill tougher monsters, clear vaults repeat.
really increases chances for greater vaults in my limited experience. nad greater vaults tend to have artifacts.

you just ned to keep count of levels for not generating elemnetal temple or battle bunnies while doomed.
A root is a flower that disdains fame.
Kahlil Gibran(1883-1931)
jeremiah
Registered user

Last page view:

5704 days, 12 hours, 27 minutes and 36 seconds ago.
Posted on Saturday, January 06, 2007 at 13:23 (GMT -5)

Don't boots of greater speed doom? The reason I am asking is because I been wanting to make a speed pc see how high i can push speed. the thorc and the boots would be a +40 to speed. Although I have never been able to keep a doomed pc alive. Maybe a type of challenge game?
"THE TH TALENT SUCKS!!!!!!" - Gut
Portrait
Soirana
Registered user
Chaos Freak

Last page view:

4147 days, 2 hours, 58 minutes and 7 seconds ago.
Posted on Saturday, January 06, 2007 at 13:32 (GMT -5)

quiksilver queterstaff alone gives +20.

and boots of great speed is chaos item. if you have enough wishes to compensate this you'd better wish for potions of quickling blood.

highest permanent speed of my chars i recall was about 300 and that is posibbly not a limit with wish engine. temporaly in testing i saw 3k after 15-17 wishes for speed.

in general i would recommend to get (intrinsinc) invisibility for doomed char. makes life bearable.
A root is a flower that disdains fame.
Kahlil Gibran(1883-1931)

[Edited 1 time, last edit on 1/6/2007 at 13:33 (GMT -5) by Soirana]

Color mixer:
Red: Green: Blue: HTML color code: result:      
Your Name: Check to login:

Your Message:

Read the
formating help
Are you a spambot? Yes No Maybe Huh?
Create poll? Yes No   What is this?
Poll question: