Register new account
Edit account
Search

Ancient Domains Of Mystery, forum overview / Stories / The Return of the Forum(OOC)

Online users ( Unknown)
Application object not working properly at the moment, no clue who is online...

* Numbers in parentheses are the number of minutes since the user last loaded a page. Logged-in users time out after 40 minutes (unless they manually log out), lurkers and anonymous posters after 20.

This thread is 13 pages long.
Go to page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13
nOOb-mAsTeR
Registered user
Master of all things nOOby!!!

Last page view:

5763 days, 20 hours, 49 minutes and 15 seconds ago.
Posted on Tuesday, January 09, 2007 at 04:43 (GMT -5)

Ok, this will be where we post all out of character crap. Here's my character:

Ok, here’s my character:

(oh and btw, I created my char via adom with random generation…..)

Name: Lawf ’okong
Race: Troll
Class : Wizard
Alignment: Lawful
St:20 Le: 13 Wi: 11 Dx:10 To:22 Ch:4 Ap:6 Ma: 11 Pe: 10 Sp:100 DV/PV 10/3

Spells: Acid Bolt 257, Magic Missile 198, Web 87

Equipment:
Robe: [0,1]
Quarter Staff1d10
ring of cold resist.
Sandals,0,0.

Personality and made up history:

Lawf’okong had just gotten back from the library when he noticed kobolds running from his home. They had killed his family.
Lawf ‘okong decided that he wanted to bring justice to the world when his family was killed. He seeked vengeance, and got it. He pulverized the Kobold Shamans with his bare hands due to his rage. He ate their corpses and felt like he could be the one. The one to save the world from chaos. Being the wise troll he was, he knew he needed companions to aid him in this walk that none had ever walked before. So he grabbed his staff, and the ring that his grandmother had that helped her survive the cold and was off. He wouldn’t forget those kobolds…..they would pay…

Personality: Intelligent, philosophical, solemn. Will kill kobolds for no reason.

"You try to give Fang, the large dog the bone. Fang, the large dog says,"Do you know who I am, mortal?!?!"
My smartest dog ever:D
nOOb-mAsTeR
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Tuesday, January 09, 2007 at 04:47 (GMT -5)

Oh, and here are the rules for people who want to join:

Post all out of character stuff(OC) in this separate thread. I hate(among others) reading a story where the writers are chatting during the story.
2.) No god-modding. The story will start to come to an end when the authors come to an agreement for it to end.
3.) Be committed. I don’t want people that aren’t able to write at LEAST once a week.
4.) If you want to join in the middle of the story, write about your character(stats, equipment, skills, etc.) and we(the writers) will decide if you can join.
5.) Don’t kill other players. You are only allowed to let your character die during the story. You can write and make other characters get severely injured, but not dead so that the owner of that character can save them.
6.) Have fun! Even though the rules seem strict, I just don’t want layabouts writing.

"You try to give Fang, the large dog the bone. Fang, the large dog says,"Do you know who I am, mortal?!?!"
Portrait
PeanutGod
Registered user
Lord of Misery

Last page view:

5052 days, 3 hours, 37 minutes and 36 seconds ago.
Posted on Tuesday, January 09, 2007 at 10:42 (GMT -5)

Right, I used the Adom generator as well, just to keep everything the same.

Name: Ramirez Silvan
Race: Human
Class: Assassin
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral (Good old D'n'D :D)
DV/PV: 15/2

Str: 12
Le: 19
Wi: 16
Dex: 18
To: 12
Ch: 14
Ap: 14
Ma: 10
Pe: 18

Inventory:

Hood (+1,0)
Leather Armour (+0,+2)
Long Sword (+2, +1d8)
Dagger (+3, 1d4+1)
(Couple more daggers of varying damage)
1 strange bracelet
Gloves (+0,+0)
Leather Boots (+0,+0)
3 potions of poison
2 torches, 1 tinderbox, 1 box flint and steel
62 gold pieces and 1 iron ration

Description:

Standing at around five foot nine inches, Ramirez is of average height. His frame is slim, but athletic. No fat clings to his bones, and his muscles are long and sinewy, like taut wire. Short pure white hair gives him a slightly demonic look, especially couple with the scar over his right eye and the slight indentation of a small section of skin on his right cheek. His eyes are a startling blue, although people have told him that they are bright red, which he constantly disbelieves. Long and nimble apendages and a very flexible body assist him in his work very well. His voice is quiet and commanding, cutting through other conversations in the air when he does venture to raise it.

Ramirez Silvan Bio:

Born into a wealthy family, Ramirez’ early life was that of utter content. His mother had died during his childbirth, but his aging father never once shirked his duties and provided as much love and care as any one parent could. However, his father contracted a serious illness and died when Ramirez was little more than six years old. He was taken in by a travelling bard, who educated the boy as much as he could. A clever lad, he never seemed to be content with the simple life, and was always questioning the cogs of life, wondering why things happened in certain ways, and how everything worked. His mind was never settled on one thing alone, and there was nothing that could keep his attention for longer than a few months; which made it hard for him to find work as he quickly became bored. Many mistook his boredom as a sign of arrogance and laziness, and he was often bullied and harassed by various groups. Anger built up inside of him over a long period until one day when he was pushed that one small step too far. A herbalist took it upon himself to one day insult Ramirez in front of the entire village. With the mocking laughter of the villagers ringing in his ears, Ramirez fled to the nearby woodland to hide. Fate however, seemed to have another twist in store for him, and whilst stumbling blindly through the thick shrubbery with tears streaming down his face, he tripped and came across a worn bracelet of some ancient design. Slipping it onto his wrist, it seemed to glow and pulsate with some inner red light and he quickly found himself thinking about getting revenge on the herbalist. Hours passed, and when midnight finally fell, he sneaked back into the village, and into the herbalist’s home. Locating a small bottle of poison and a sharp knife, he followed the sounds of the herbalists snoring and cut a symbol into the mans forehead, whilst clamping the man’s mouth shut to stop the screams. The poison worked fast and the insulter was soon lying dead. Fear crept into Ramirez’ heart, and he fled, carrying with him various herbs and bottles from the man’s store cupboards.

Over the years, Ramirez wandered from town to town, hiring himself out as an assassin, a scout and a gatherer of information. His skills with poisons increased, as did those with a blade. The bracelet that he had found in the woods never came off his wrist, for he had tried once and it had caused immense ripples of pain to shoot throughout his body. At times he seemed to black out and he could never recall what had taken place. Fearing some sort of curse or demon inhabitancy, he started to search for someone who could cure him of his malady. Many people tried to help him, including a vast number of charlatans and con artists. Those that tried to deceive him, he killed, more often than not without feeling. His goal was to get rid of the bracelet and recover his lost memories, and kill anyone who tried to hinder his quest.

Personality: Charming, Intelligent, Good Looking Paranoid, Inquistive, Reserved, Meticulous, Inimitable, Sarcastic, Perfectionist.
Ladies and Gentleman, take my advice. Pull down your pants, and slide on the ice.

[Edited 1 time, last edit on 1/9/2007 at 11:00 (GMT -5) by PeanutGod]
Cat Lord Lord
Registered user
Not really

Last page view:

5444 days, 23 hours, 54 minutes and 31 seconds ago.
Posted on Tuesday, January 09, 2007 at 13:29 (GMT -5)

My character is Jarlgan, Orcish Fighter (originally DE assasin, but we already had one). Chaotic Neutral, and has a broadsword and medium shield. Above average strength (23) and toughness, (21) not too bright.

Story: Jarlgan was born in the Hinterlands of the north. He was raised by a chief of the clan, who expected him to be no less then the strongest in the land. He trained for many years, until in a raid with lizardmen his father was killed. He became the chief, but his brother wanted the crown. The brother challenged him to a duel, and in a fight he should have won, he lost through magic. Jarlgan was exiled and never returned. His skin is as dark as any night sky, he was never let back into society. Often driven off as a monster, he reviles towns and even his own people, orcs. Above all else, he hates what drove him to this point, magic. He values little, and is mistrustful of all other then his close friends.

Not sure if it will fit in well. Also, it seems we are having a mostly chaotic group.

Personality: Mistrustful, Brave, Death-seeking, Quick-tempered.

Edit: Belives there is a god, and that it hates him. Does everything he can to spite him, after all, what kind god would let him live and suffer so?
Homework is not meant for home! It's a sick verbal coincidence!
-My brother

[Edited 1 time, last edit on 1/9/2007 at 13:54 (GMT -5) by Cat Lord Lord]
nOOb-mAsTeR
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Tuesday, January 09, 2007 at 13:35 (GMT -5)

Well, I'm a lawful trollish wizard, so I'm lawful. More people will join. I'll start it out.....
nOOb-mAsTeR
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Tuesday, January 09, 2007 at 17:28 (GMT -5)

Oh, and the thread is titled "Return of the Heroes"

I named it this since we are heroes for reviving the forum :D
nOOb-mAsTeR
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Tuesday, January 09, 2007 at 19:04 (GMT -5)

Oh, and I also forgot. I won't be able to post on friday through monday. I'm going to the mountains with my family, so you guys will have to keep it alive.Sometimes I wish that Pennsylvania was more exciting....
F50
Registered user

Last page view:

5475 days, 22 hours, 19 minutes and 25 seconds ago.
Posted on Wednesday, January 10, 2007 at 09:03 (GMT -5)

This was an adom generated character a little while ago.

Thurgin The (EDIT: in case it was not obvious) LAWFUL Dwarvish Paladin

St:18 Le:18 Wi: 14 Dx:9 To:15 Ch:10 Ap:10 Ma: 17 Pe: 14
Starsign: Book

Equipped Equipment:
Horned Helmet [+1, +1] 100s
Plate Mail (-2, -4) [-4, +7] 500s
Battle Axe (1d6+3) 70s
Gauntlets (-1, 0) [0, +1] 5s
Iron Boots [-1, +1] 100s
PV/DV:3/11 (I think, aggressive tactics)
and an Iron Ration 100s
oh, and a useless holy symbol 2s

I will wait to post until someone else does first (or seccond).

If this roleplay gets finished then we can ressurect some of the other roleplays. Battle Bunny and myself agreed to this for "close the gate".
"If the bread weights that much in the draklor chain, then it's no wonder so many die of starvation.
AND - what kind of IRON RATION weights as much as an iron shield?! A dinner for four, oven included? ;)"

-Maelstrom

[Edited 1 time, last edit on 1/10/2007 at 09:07 (GMT -5) by F50]
F50
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Wednesday, January 10, 2007 at 12:32 (GMT -5)

Here is some character personality and history like everybody else.

Personality: Quite lawful so not so fond of chaotics. Easily annoyed, but doesn't take any action against non-hostiles. Likes to help non-chaotics, but will usually fail to render aid to chaotics.

Due to a recent influx of orcs, goblins, and ogres Thurgin's settlement was attacked and destroyed, Thurgin managed to escape the massacre. After slaying several smaller parties of the fiends, he resolved to find the source of this menace. About three weeks ago Thurgin talked to an adventurer called Khelevaster, who told him about the influx of chaos. Khelevaster had told him that he would set out from the village Terrinyo in one week but Thugin was not able to make the village in time. Thurgin hopes to catch up with Khelevaster sometime in the future.

This is going to be interesting with a very chaotic Orc and a very lawful Dwarf on the same side (I think).
"If the bread weights that much in the draklor chain, then it's no wonder so many die of starvation.
AND - what kind of IRON RATION weights as much as an iron shield?! A dinner for four, oven included? ;)"

-Maelstrom

[Edited 1 time, last edit on 1/10/2007 at 12:40 (GMT -5) by F50]
Portrait
PeanutGod
Registered user
Lord of Misery

Last page view:

Posted on Wednesday, January 10, 2007 at 13:00 (GMT -5)

Are we following the Adom storyline? Or are we going to do a different story. I'd prefer the latter because we know what happens along the Adom one and where we're heading. Be awesome if we did something else.
Ladies and Gentleman, take my advice. Pull down your pants, and slide on the ice.

nOOb-mAsTeR
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Wednesday, January 10, 2007 at 13:29 (GMT -5)

Hmmm, I say we skip Yriggs. Kinda boring. We could just start by venturing through SMC and UD, then go from there
F50
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Wednesday, January 10, 2007 at 14:24 (GMT -5)

For the most part I'd prefer the ADOM storyline because we have a guideline for what to do. Easier to write that way. The ADOM storyline gives lots of leeway anyways.

About Yrrigs, yeah, we don't need him. We could do Keethrax later though.

-Maelstrom

[Edited 1 time, last edit on 1/10/2007 at 14:28 (GMT -5) by F50]
F50
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Wednesday, January 10, 2007 at 20:30 (GMT -5)

Cat Lord Lord, could you reconcile your first post with mine?

I will remove my version of Thurgin's greeting if you change your version to "Well, well, an orc, you had better not try anything, else I might just have to use me axe." (assuming the large shape is your character, an orc.)

-Maelstrom
nOOb-mAsTeR
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Thursday, January 11, 2007 at 04:31 (GMT -5)

Hmmm, next poster should try to include orc, methinks cat lord lord since it's your char, your choice.
Portrait
PeanutGod
Registered user
Lord of Misery

Last page view:

Posted on Thursday, January 11, 2007 at 05:16 (GMT -5)

Just a note to everyone, to make sure that you read the other people's posts proper. Noob-master, you've just freed my dude from the webs, despite me already having done that in my own post.

And its Ramirez with a (Z), not an (S).

Cheers

----

Ladies and Gentleman, take my advice. Pull down your pants and slide on the ice.

F50
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Thursday, January 11, 2007 at 08:38 (GMT -5)

dont mean to be a pain but noobmaster, could you change Thurgin's lines:

"Also, according to my skills as a dwarf with identifying things, I believe that Ramirez's bracelet is an artifact."

and

Well, it would make sense, it did glow, which means it is magical, and since you are not able to relinquish it, I'd say it's an artifact. How about you tell us about how you got that little bracelet?"

to

"That is an interesting bracelet. I have heard that cursed items can't be removed. If it was just cursed I would surprised if a priest couldn't remove it. Although if it is an artifact it could, just could, be more difficult than that."

and

"Well, it would make sense...How about you tell us about how you got that little bracelet?"

Its the cursing part that makes items impossible to take off. Of course I don't know what "permanently cursed" means in regards to the black torc.

-Maelstrom

[Edited 1 time, last edit on 1/11/2007 at 08:38 (GMT -5) by F50]
Portrait
PeanutGod
Registered user
Lord of Misery

Last page view:

Posted on Thursday, January 11, 2007 at 12:11 (GMT -5)

As you may have seen, in my posts I have done (and ever will do in this series) I won't ever have your characters talk. It prevents problems such as the one F50 has noted on. Sometimes the lines that other people say for my character, aren't 'in character' for what I envision my person would say. If we each speak for ourselves, and not each other, it would prevent a lot of confusion and annoyance.

Because as it is, after Lawf'okong told Ramirez that he doesn't like pains, Ramirez would have come back with an in your face sarcastic reply. He wouldn't simply back down and agree with people. If someone tried to menace/threaten/imitate/take charge of him, he'd laugh in their face. He is after all inimitable.

----

Ladies and Gentleman, take my advice. Pull down your pants and slide on the ice.

[Edited 1 time, last edit on 1/11/2007 at 12:16 (GMT -5) by PeanutGod]
F50
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Thursday, January 11, 2007 at 12:37 (GMT -5)

that would make things awful slow. besides, you can always just ask nicely here.

EDIT: but Ramirez should post next as he has to answer.

EDIT: "troll in the midst of a god act" = "Troll in the midst of a good act"?

-Maelstrom

[Edited 1 time, last edit on 1/11/2007 at 12:43 (GMT -5) by F50]
nOOb-mAsTeR
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Thursday, January 11, 2007 at 13:34 (GMT -5)

Sure guys will do. I am a n00b at this after all, lol
Portrait
PeanutGod
Registered user
Lord of Misery

Last page view:

Posted on Thursday, January 11, 2007 at 13:34 (GMT -5)

Nope, God act. As in he was wandering around, throwing cobwebs all over the place and demanding answers and acting all big and high and mighty.

---

nOOb-mAsTeR
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Thursday, January 11, 2007 at 13:42 (GMT -5)

I think I'm going to delete that last post...It won't let me edit it anyways.(some error)Sorry guys about all the incorrect data
nOOb-mAsTeR
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Thursday, January 11, 2007 at 13:44 (GMT -5)

Well, Pnutgod or Cat Lord Lord should go next methinks, oh and turns out I won't be here only on Saturday evening-sunday noon.
Portrait
PeanutGod
Registered user
Lord of Misery

Last page view:

Posted on Thursday, January 11, 2007 at 14:00 (GMT -5)

Well mine was the last post, so it should be someone different this time.

-----

Cat Lord Lord
Registered user
Not really

Last page view:

Posted on Thursday, January 11, 2007 at 15:22 (GMT -5)

Ok, I'll change my thing. I don't mind if anyone posts as my character, just make him be grouchy and quick tempered. I didn't think the webs was a bad idea, it settled the dispute. I'll change my first post, just say and I'll change my posts to match other persons characters.
-My brother
nOOb-mAsTeR
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Friday, January 12, 2007 at 08:18 (GMT -5)

I think that while we venture through the UD we should stumble across a vault of some sort(kobold,orc, goblin, two of our chars enemies)

We should also encounter a stone giant lord in HMV, and barely survive since they're pretty strong

F50
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Friday, January 12, 2007 at 08:25 (GMT -5)

the best way to survive that, IMHO, is to run. I find that descending through the UD is waaayy to dangerous and I usually delay it until I'm searching for Khelly's saving grace. Lots of Ocher jellies, usually a mixed vault (shudder), and a river or two.

-Maelstrom
nOOb-mAsTeR
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Friday, January 12, 2007 at 12:38 (GMT -5)

Then that should be a challenge, a river, since two of us can't swim
Cat Lord Lord
Registered user
Not really

Last page view:

Posted on Friday, January 12, 2007 at 13:21 (GMT -5)

A note, can someone change my character (the orc) to say "Pitiful shop, if you had any strength you would have a skull hanging up there. That would make me respect you." Muximp chuckles and replies "Find me one, and I'll put it there."

What we gonna do about the altar? I'll do something about my character hating it, and almost coming to blows with the dwarf. Also, no neutrals so we might have to convert it to use it, right?
-My brother
F50
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Friday, January 12, 2007 at 14:09 (GMT -5)

Umm, cat lord. Blink dogs are hostile to chaotics. Thurgin left you guys to deal with them. The problem with an neutral altar is that two of us are lawful and two of us are chaotic. Obviously the lawful's will want it lawful and the chaotics will want it chaotic.

next time I don't state things clearly there I will state things clearly here.

-Maelstrom
nOOb-mAsTeR
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Friday, January 12, 2007 at 14:12 (GMT -5)

Hey guys , sorry about the two OOC char posts....mine will be up until Battle Bunny removes his post, then that thread will be clean.
Go to page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13

Color mixer:
Red: Green: Blue: HTML color code: result:      
Your Name: Check to login:

Your Message:

Read the
formating help
Are you a spambot? Yes No Maybe Huh?
Create poll? Yes No   What is this?
Poll question: