Register new account
Edit account
Search

Ancient Domains Of Mystery, forum overview / Stories / The Return of the Forum(OOC)

Online users ( Unknown)
Application object not working properly at the moment, no clue who is online...

* Numbers in parentheses are the number of minutes since the user last loaded a page. Logged-in users time out after 40 minutes (unless they manually log out), lurkers and anonymous posters after 20.

This thread is 13 pages long.
Go to page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13
Darren Grey
Registered user

Last page view:

4232 days, 1 hour, 7 minutes and 20 seconds ago.
Posted on Wednesday, January 24, 2007 at 13:08 (GMT -5)

Hard boss is good - I was hoping for something challenging like this :)
Waldenbrook, the dwarven shopkeeper, mumbles: "I'd offer 9 gold pieces for yer dwarven child corpse."
Portrait
PeanutGod
Registered user
Lord of Misery

Last page view:

5044 days, 21 hours, 50 minutes and 59 seconds ago.
Posted on Wednesday, January 24, 2007 at 14:11 (GMT -5)

Yep, makes for a better story!

So has Ramirez got one phase dagger, two phase daggers, or none? In my identify post I had him have a dagger of death, which a)suits his his role as the 'Silent Butcher' (cool name that btw), and because I thought a phase dagger was a bit too powerful for so early.
Ladies and Gentleman, take my advice. Pull down your pants, and slide on the ice.

nOOb-mAsTeR
Registered user
Master of all things nOOby!!!

Last page view:

5756 days, 15 hours, 2 minutes and 38 seconds ago.
Posted on Wednesday, January 24, 2007 at 15:45 (GMT -5)

Hmmm, Jarlgan with Bracers of War against rest of us....should be interesting since we can't kill him, just knock some sense into him. I'd say our most prominent characters are Jarlgan and Ramirez currently. I think we should try to incorporated Thurgin a little bit more, since he hasn't really had the spotlight at all. I call dibs on fight with Rehetep,Lawf'okong has time for payback:D
"You try to give Fang, the large dog the bone. Fang, the large dog says,"Do you know who I am, mortal?!?!"
My smartest dog ever:D
Darren Grey
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Wednesday, January 24, 2007 at 17:08 (GMT -5)

Hehe, seems I was reading your mind when writing that then, noob. Figured the paladin should have a little brush-in with his god. Incidentally guys, I just tried pasting all the posts so far from the story thread into Word. It comes to 59 pages on size 12 Times New Roman, with a current word-count of 29,540. To put that in perspective, a normal novel is about 75-100k words long. And we're only just gettin' started... :)
Waldenbrook, the dwarven shopkeeper, mumbles: "I'd offer 9 gold pieces for yer dwarven child corpse."
nOOb-mAsTeR
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Wednesday, January 24, 2007 at 17:36 (GMT -5)

We should get published :D I'm curious to see how Jarlgan is either:A cured of his corruption, since he ate corpse, or turn lawful. It's cat lord lord's choice though. Though just for the record, my troll is actually 250 years old....I forgot to mention that. That's why he and rehetep have a score to settle.(Potions of youth+potions of longevity.)Same thing with Chaos Archmage.Also, I really have to hand it to PeanutGod and Darren. You guys are AWESOME writers. I'm in Honors English at my high school, and I'm considered good, but you guys are good. My brother likes to read it, says it's awesome. Let's keep up the good work:D
"You try to give Fang, the large dog the bone. Fang, the large dog says,"Do you know who I am, mortal?!?!"
Cat Lord Lord
Registered user
Not really

Last page view:

5437 days, 18 hours, 7 minutes and 54 seconds ago.
Posted on Wednesday, January 24, 2007 at 17:44 (GMT -5)

Yeah, Darren, you and Peanut are very good. Makes my writing look like crap :-). Also, just remembered, Jarlgan ate the corpse to make the fight harder. Acid bolt is the wizards best spell, so it will be all that much harder. Very interesting word count thing... anyway, can't wait to see what we come up with for the fight.

Edit: Just read newest things, does this mean Thurgin has Executor? Or he just momentarily got blessed? Anyway, I think I have an idea to keep Jarlgan with us for a bit longer...
Homework is not meant for home! It's a sick verbal coincidence!
-My brother

[Edited 1 time, last edit on 1/24/2007 at 17:51 (GMT -5) by Cat Lord Lord]
Darren Grey
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Wednesday, January 24, 2007 at 18:00 (GMT -5)

Heh, thanks. This is the first time I've ever tried writing anything serious like this. Don't think I could do it alone and from scratch really - wouldn't get enough ideas and inspiration. I assume your brother plays ADOM too? Otherwise I can't help but imagine much of this would be a mystery to him (and some of the revelations less exciting).

Hah, that's one hell of an old troll... Is good for the character though, especially how we keep portraying him as being wise and intelligent. I think Jarlgan should put up with the poison hands and sloping forehead for now, but at some point it should be realised that Tarindil is holding a cursed scroll of chaos resistance (from HMV, as said before).

Oh, and Thurgin just got healed, but it shows that his god has high hopes for the paladin. Executor can come later if he goes for a pre or post crowning.

[Edited 1 time, last edit on 1/24/2007 at 18:02 (GMT -5) by Darren Grey]
nOOb-mAsTeR
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Wednesday, January 24, 2007 at 19:38 (GMT -5)

Yeah, my brother plays ADOM too. The farthest he's made it in the game is the Dwarven Graveyard. He's a nOOb-wUsSiE:D
Portrait
PeanutGod
Registered user
Lord of Misery

Last page view:

Posted on Thursday, January 25, 2007 at 02:50 (GMT -5)

Thanks for the compliments guys, really means a lot to me! I've been writing for the best part of seven years now, one day I hope to get something published!

So, is anyone bothered about the dagger situation? No one seemed to reply to the question! I'd rather he just had a DoD for now, not a phase dagger if thats ok with all of you!
Ladies and Gentleman, take my advice. Pull down your pants, and slide on the ice.

nOOb-mAsTeR
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Thursday, January 25, 2007 at 04:36 (GMT -5)

I don't really mind which...Ramirez is a beast either way:D
nOOb-mAsTeR
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Thursday, January 25, 2007 at 04:44 (GMT -5)

Darren you should count how many words/pages our OOC thread is....probably 20 times larger:D Also, knowing that we have 30,000 words approx. already, and considering that we're going to do extra(volcano,etc) I suspect we'll get to 150,000 words. That'd be weird though if we somehow got it published..."The Return of the Heroes" By:Darren Grey, PeanutGod, Nathaniel Kauffman, Cat Lord Lord, F50, and comments from Battle Bunny":D
Darren Grey
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Thursday, January 25, 2007 at 08:16 (GMT -5)

Heh, hopefully we'll all last to 150,000 - other stories like this don't seem to get too far. I've got the time and patience to keep it going though, however long it takes. OOC thread wouldn't count for much - all the posts here are fairly short, easily a twentieth of many of the IC ones.

As for the daggers, I'd say Ramirez has the phase daggers, but doesn't use them apart from when necessary. At the moment most enemies have low PV anyway, so a dagger of death is stronger. Later in the game he might switch to phase daggers (when we start on the elemental temples) but obviously they're vulnerable to destruction and he might find something he prefers using (Serpent's Bite for instance). Just don't go killing the assassin prince too early for that dagger - we need the Filk quest later on :P (Tarindil's first kill was a karmic lizard by the way, and he'll probably want to take on the quickling bard himself, difficult though that may be) Oh yeah, and don't forget Ramirez has Alchemy - some magical concoctions might be handy from time to time (though limitted in scope of course). You might want to generate a wizard and get a few levels into alchemy just to get some random recipes.
Portrait
PeanutGod
Registered user
Lord of Misery

Last page view:

Posted on Thursday, January 25, 2007 at 08:31 (GMT -5)

Sounds like a good idea. I'll find some out. Ramirez later on with Needle and Sting.......MWA HA HA HA HA HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA.

Sorry, just the thought makes me excited. Slap in the ROTMC and he'll be a whirling dervish of death!

Portrait
Battle bunny
Registered user
I'm just that cool

Last page view:

5819 days, 21 hours, 24 minutes and 59 seconds ago.
Posted on Thursday, January 25, 2007 at 09:57 (GMT -5)

Just to keep me on the ADOM forum, can I still join this story?
(\_/)
(o.0)
(> <)
( / \ )

Don't click this
http://www.mindistortion.net/iwantyoursoul/?i_am=Darkcutter
Portrait
PeanutGod
Registered user
Lord of Misery

Last page view:

Posted on Thursday, January 25, 2007 at 10:11 (GMT -5)

Sure, jump right in!

Portrait
Battle bunny
Registered user
I'm just that cool

Last page view:

Posted on Thursday, January 25, 2007 at 10:32 (GMT -5)

Name: Whadar
Race: Gnome
Class: Archer
Alignment: N=
Starsign: Candle
Stats: St 13, Le 14, Wi 10, Dx 17, To 12, Ch 14, Ap 12, Ma 18, Pe 17, Spd 101, DV/PV 17/2
Physical characteristics: Height 3'4", brown hair, light blue eyes
Skills: Alertness, Archery, Climbing, Concentration, Dodge, First Aid, Fletchery, Gemology, Haggling, Listening, Literacy, Mining, Pick Pockets, Stealth, Ventriloquism.
Pet: My crossbow! What else? :)

Equipment: Leather Armor (+0, +2), Light cloak (+1, +0), dagger (0, 1d4), Gnomish Boots (+1, +0) (+2, +0), Light Crossbow (+2, +0), bundles of 5, 17, 18 quarrels (1, 2d6+1,2, and 3 respectively), torches, box of flint and steel, tinderbox, fletchery set, iron ration, 97 GPs.

General description: Whadar is a legendary archer, not only of his own hole called a village but also outside, among most of the gnomes and even a few representers of other races. He is quite a merry character usually, but as he's been wandering Ancardia hunting for enemies to make his living from, he has become quite fierce too, sometimes. This is especially visible when there are enemies near.
What's the key of power when it comes to Whadar? Several things. The first, he mastered using a crossbow to an alarmingly good level. The second reason, he believes in Berwyn quite firmly, and the gnome god does take notice of him too-they say that Whadar has already been strengthened by a lucky blessing, that came from the gnome's frequent sacrifices. The third, and often most important, he is awfully fast for a gnome. And that, my friends, is very important when you are an archer with basically no close-combat talents, and only a simple dagger to brandish when it comes up close.
(\_/)
(o.0)
(> <)
( / \ )

Don't click this
Portrait
PeanutGod
Registered user
Lord of Misery

Last page view:

Posted on Thursday, January 25, 2007 at 10:39 (GMT -5)

Where are we going to bump into Whadar? In Terinyo? Or a chance encounter in the wilderness?

Portrait
Battle bunny
Registered user
I'm just that cool

Last page view:

Posted on Thursday, January 25, 2007 at 10:46 (GMT -5)

You should get it before Terinyo, after exitting the dungeon. Darren could integrate it.
(\_/)
(o.0)
(> <)
( / \ )

Don't click this
F50
Registered user

Last page view:

5468 days, 16 hours, 32 minutes and 48 seconds ago.
Posted on Thursday, January 25, 2007 at 11:17 (GMT -5)

Thurgin has a plotline waiting for him in Darkforge. btw, do you have a plan for getting rid of the bracelet?

the only ADOM way of removing now is a blessed !oE.
"If the bread weights that much in the draklor chain, then it's no wonder so many die of starvation.
AND - what kind of IRON RATION weights as much as an iron shield?! A dinner for four, oven included? ;)"

-Maelstrom
Portrait
PeanutGod
Registered user
Lord of Misery

Last page view:

Posted on Thursday, January 25, 2007 at 11:26 (GMT -5)

The bracelet won't be removed for a long while yet, and when it is, it'll be by a different means to one of the ways ADOM supplies. I don't forsee it occuring at all until at least a few of the orbs are under our possession.

Cat Lord Lord
Registered user
Not really

Last page view:

Posted on Thursday, January 25, 2007 at 11:43 (GMT -5)

Ok, any other things about Whadar? Hates orcs? Also, any random plotlines you want him in? Just wondering. Also, what level are all our guys? Will Whadar jump in as about our level, higher? Lower?

Edit: I guess Ramirez has 2 phase daggers. Will help if we "accidentally" wander into darkforge. Also, what is Ramirezs' girdle? +1 or +12?
-My brother

[Edited 1 time, last edit on 1/25/2007 at 11:46 (GMT -5) by Cat Lord Lord]
Portrait
PeanutGod
Registered user
Lord of Misery

Last page view:

Posted on Thursday, January 25, 2007 at 11:49 (GMT -5)

It's not a girdle of strength, its a blessed girdle of carrying. Though the strength would be a bit too out of depth for right now!

Portrait
Battle bunny
Registered user
I'm just that cool

Last page view:

Posted on Thursday, January 25, 2007 at 12:12 (GMT -5)

I will edit in some things about the "midget" later. I don't have much time right now, but maybe half an hour.
(\_/)
(o.0)
(> <)
( / \ )

Don't click this
nOOb-mAsTeR
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Thursday, January 25, 2007 at 14:00 (GMT -5)

Nice, Lawf'okong on the edge of death.I take it that Guth'alak will heal him. Are we getting herbalism for those who don't have it or is Lawf'okong getting Frost Bolt? We could just get both.

Welcome to our story, Battle Bunny! It's gonna be nice to have an archer. I take it you're gonna get Far Slayer. Also, if Ramirez gets Serpent's Bite, (and he'll eventually dual Needle+Sting)
Portrait
PeanutGod
Registered user
Lord of Misery

Last page view:

Posted on Thursday, January 25, 2007 at 14:25 (GMT -5)

I was actually thinking about having Ramirez crowned with the Cloak of Oman, for the nice dex boost and the teleportation ability.

Darren Grey
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Thursday, January 25, 2007 at 15:06 (GMT -5)

Man, that took way longer than expected... Had a few different things I wanted to include though. Added in an introduction to our new companion at the end (hope you don't mind the way he speaks, Battle Bunny, and good to have you on board :) ). Notable changes that people might want to remember:

-gained frost bolt, wand of cold and PoCC
-Jarlgan lost 2 corruptions - he now only has unnatural vigour (making him a super-healing machine when combined with BoW)
-Loli can see invisible
-everyone but the gnome knows swimming
-Jarlgan knows Herbalism (maybe Woodcraft too?)
-Ramirez knows Gardening (hahaha!)
-Lawf'okong can't use magic for the next day or two except in emergencies
-Whadar will recover The Far Slayer once we kill Kranach, who I expect to be hiding in the bottom of the puppy cave

Also don't forget that the orc is still wearing the autocursing black torc (resists fire/cold/shock, curses, +10 Spd, +4/2 DV/PV). Jarlgan has several paths open now, including possibly becoming a ranger of sorts. Dark path is still open to him, and we could even consider giving him a competing dark side (which he'd be conscious of and trying to overcome). Maybe on D50 he would enter the gate, sacrificing himself to slay the great evil, and after killing him the final choice would be laid bare - reject the fallen one's power and become an avatar of neutrality, or accept it and grow stronger, rising in the Volcano as the final enemy the others must overcome. Or he could just be a hermit :)

Y'know, I think at the very end of all this Ramirez should settle down for a quiet life tending a garden and running a cat sanctuary ;)
Cat Lord Lord
Registered user
Not really

Last page view:

Posted on Thursday, January 25, 2007 at 15:50 (GMT -5)

Hehe, a super healing machine eh? Wish he was a healer, then he could be used as target practice :-). Anyway, funny post Darren. Very cute about the little girl. Also, what are all the artifacts/notable items we have?
-Bracers of War
-Farslayer (soon to be gotten)
-Black torc
-Dagger of death
-Nice battle axe
-Nice sword
-Spellbooks... anyone keeping track of what he has?
-Strange scroll (we gonna work in it somehow changing?)
-Yellow potion from Ramirez in throne
-Potion of Cure corruption
-However many phase daggers
-Wand of cold
Anything I'm missing? And what was the tome Guth'alak gave to Lawf? We have frost bolt, acid bolt, and I dunno about magic missile.

-My brother

[Edited 1 time, last edit on 1/25/2007 at 15:54 (GMT -5) by Cat Lord Lord]
Darren Grey
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Thursday, January 25, 2007 at 16:16 (GMT -5)

The tome was frost bolt, which we hadn't got before. I know we have the following at least:

-magic missile
-light
-calm monster
-acid bolt
-ice ball
-burning hands

Pretty sure there's nothing else. There's a book shop in UD too, so opportunity for more if we want. My char has a mithril long sword too, which he hasn't used yet but I'll bring into play at some point. What do you mean about the strange scroll changing?
Portrait
PeanutGod
Registered user
Lord of Misery

Last page view:

Posted on Thursday, January 25, 2007 at 16:24 (GMT -5)

Seven League Boots, Girdle of Carrying for me.

If Kranach is hiding at the bottom of the puppy cave, I'd love for Ramirez to challenge him to a duel which I wouldn't mind writing. Then have a really nice interaction with Hotzy where he kicks his ass. I've got a few bits and pieces of both fights written already (sorry, just thinking ahead - if thats ok with all of you guys!)

Nice posts rolling in now, it'll be nice to see what BB gets up!

[Edited 1 time, last edit on 1/25/2007 at 16:26 (GMT -5) by PeanutGod]
Darren Grey
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Thursday, January 25, 2007 at 17:22 (GMT -5)

I look forward to seeing the duels with Ramirez, should be good :) Nothing wrong with writing stuff in advance, like I said I've been doing that with Alhacrast stuff already (mostly Tarindil's memories, like the one at the start of my last post).

I'm glad n00b's brother is reading this at least - it'd be kinda depressing if the only people reading were the authors (with BB joining us now). Now up to just shy of 36k words. At this rate we'll be at novel length in about a week.
Go to page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13

Color mixer:
Red: Green: Blue: HTML color code: result:      
Your Name: Check to login:

Your Message:

Read the
formating help
Are you a spambot? Yes No Maybe Huh?
Create poll? Yes No   What is this?
Poll question: