Register new account
Edit account
Search

Ancient Domains Of Mystery, forum overview / Stories / The Return of the Forum(OOC)

Online users ( Unknown)
Application object not working properly at the moment, no clue who is online...

* Numbers in parentheses are the number of minutes since the user last loaded a page. Logged-in users time out after 40 minutes (unless they manually log out), lurkers and anonymous posters after 20.

This thread is 13 pages long.
Go to page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13
Darren Grey
Registered user

Last page view:

4238 days, 17 hours, 40 minutes and 34 seconds ago.
Posted on Thursday, January 25, 2007 at 17:22 (GMT -5)

I look forward to seeing the duels with Ramirez, should be good :) Nothing wrong with writing stuff in advance, like I said I've been doing that with Alhacrast stuff already (mostly Tarindil's memories, like the one at the start of my last post).

I'm glad n00b's brother is reading this at least - it'd be kinda depressing if the only people reading were the authors (with BB joining us now). Now up to just shy of 36k words. At this rate we'll be at novel length in about a week.
Waldenbrook, the dwarven shopkeeper, mumbles: "I'd offer 9 gold pieces for yer dwarven child corpse."
Cat Lord Lord
Registered user
Not really

Last page view:

5444 days, 10 hours, 41 minutes and 8 seconds ago.
Posted on Thursday, January 25, 2007 at 17:29 (GMT -5)

I meant, if the scroll said something about saving the world, it would be interesting if all of a sudden it changed. It would have map of the volcano on it, and say something like "Death to all who seek light without the fire within", showing magic inhibiting the scroll. I don't mind at all if you write in advance peanut. Darren I think we have Web also.
Homework is not meant for home! It's a sick verbal coincidence!
-My brother
Darren Grey
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Thursday, January 25, 2007 at 18:05 (GMT -5)

Oh yeah, Web - silly of me to forget. Checking again we also have a spellbook of magic mapping.

Still don't get what scroll you're referring to. The "strange message" labelled "Fox Nawagu" in the HMV that Tarindil found has a message from Alhacrast to Lubaf about the Scroll of Omnipotence. It was discovered that this has a secret map to the volcano on it, which is hidden in code - the elf's deciphering it, but keeping it secret, since he doesn't think it really involves anyone else (of course it will do, but not till way later).
Waldenbrook, the dwarven shopkeeper, mumbles: "I'd offer 9 gold pieces for yer dwarven child corpse."
nOOb-mAsTeR
Registered user
Master of all things nOOby!!!

Last page view:

5763 days, 7 hours, 35 minutes and 52 seconds ago.
Posted on Thursday, January 25, 2007 at 18:51 (GMT -5)

I figured I'd speed up the process of Lawf'okong's recovery and incorporate some of his history too with my last post. This way he's not being a burden and can use his newfound power, a 5 point boost to Mana.
"You try to give Fang, the large dog the bone. Fang, the large dog says,"Do you know who I am, mortal?!?!"
My smartest dog ever:D
nOOb-mAsTeR
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Thursday, January 25, 2007 at 18:57 (GMT -5)

OT:I think it'd be cool if each of us tried to actually play our character in this story, kinda like I am. This would be interesting, and it wouldn't be a competition or anything, just to mess around. I've role played as Jarlgan and Ramirez besides my own...Jarlgan always dies of poison:D
"You try to give Fang, the large dog the bone. Fang, the large dog says,"Do you know who I am, mortal?!?!"
Darren Grey
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Thursday, January 25, 2007 at 19:13 (GMT -5)

I plan to, at some point. Only problem is that he's pathetically weak, so it would be a slow game to play, with high risk of a quick and nasty death. Also don't have much time for ADOM at the mo really - I spend too much of it writing! :P Still, the bard came out with a very nice talent set, and once I train him to level 6 on DD1 and get him some missile weapons I'm sure he'll do great. Keeping Loli alive would be exceptionally hard though - may just leave him safe in Terinyo.
F50
Registered user

Last page view:

5475 days, 9 hours, 6 minutes and 2 seconds ago.
Posted on Thursday, January 25, 2007 at 20:39 (GMT -5)

Gah thats alot of stuff to read for one day. I have a hard enough time just keeping up!
"If the bread weights that much in the draklor chain, then it's no wonder so many die of starvation.
AND - what kind of IRON RATION weights as much as an iron shield?! A dinner for four, oven included? ;)"

-Maelstrom
Portrait
PeanutGod
Registered user
Lord of Misery

Last page view:

5051 days, 14 hours, 24 minutes and 13 seconds ago.
Posted on Friday, January 26, 2007 at 03:24 (GMT -5)

Sorry, some of us have had the week off! Next week my input will once again be limited to the evenings again.

Warning - My next post will be quite long, and will deal with us kicking Kranachs ass.
Ladies and Gentleman, take my advice. Pull down your pants, and slide on the ice.

Portrait
Battle bunny
Registered user
I'm just that cool

Last page view:

5826 days, 13 hours, 58 minutes and 13 seconds ago.
Posted on Friday, January 26, 2007 at 04:09 (GMT -5)

Again, I rest my case that you should write the story according to your imagination, not a save scummed tiresome game.
(\_/)
(o.0)
(> <)
( / \ )

Don't click this
http://www.mindistortion.net/iwantyoursoul/?i_am=Darkcutter
nOOb-mAsTeR
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Friday, January 26, 2007 at 04:29 (GMT -5)

Battle Bunny: "Save scummed tiresome game?" I haven't save scummed my char, and we have to get some general ideas for the future writing otherwise it won't build up into something that fits together well. If we didn't discuss the future writings, the story would head in completely different directions. We're not etching anything in stone, more like in crayon:D
Darren Grey
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Friday, January 26, 2007 at 09:29 (GMT -5)

I like crayons. Anyway, playing as your own character can be kinda fun when you build up a whole roleplay personality for them. It doesn't really affect the story much other than giving a few ideas.
Portrait
PeanutGod
Registered user
Lord of Misery

Last page view:

Posted on Friday, January 26, 2007 at 09:56 (GMT -5)

Hope you all liked the last post. Doing something different with Kranach - a nice team game :D

I was thinking along the lines of archer vs archer, mage vs mage, etc, and then Rammy kicking Kranach in at the end. Everyone would get some sort of nice little item from the dude they killed aswell. Just a thought.
Ladies and Gentleman, take my advice. Pull down your pants, and slide on the ice.

Darren Grey
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Friday, January 26, 2007 at 10:05 (GMT -5)

I'm gonna take on the sword-fighter. I figure the dwarf might take the axe-man and the orc can butcher the club-guy. Nothing to stop everyone getting their posts ready for this, since it'll be individual fights each.
Darren Grey
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Friday, January 26, 2007 at 12:46 (GMT -5)

All right Battle Bunny, time to see your li'l feller in proper action. Don't forget to take your crossbow back ;)
F50
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Friday, January 26, 2007 at 13:47 (GMT -5)

I am going to be mostly unavailable for the next two days.
"If the bread weights that much in the draklor chain, then it's no wonder so many die of starvation.
AND - what kind of IRON RATION weights as much as an iron shield?! A dinner for four, oven included? ;)"

-Maelstrom
nOOb-mAsTeR
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Friday, January 26, 2007 at 13:54 (GMT -5)

I take it we're all writing about our own chars right? I was hoping that Lawf'okong would have last fight, or second to last. Can Tarindil give Lawf'okong the sword from the dead guy? Lawf'okong is planning to use swords, myaswell get started.
F50
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Friday, January 26, 2007 at 14:12 (GMT -5)

It seems implausible that this arena was brought into existance *and* sustained by magic. It is more likely that the mage is exceptionally skilled and has lots of practice at (high effectivity) teleportation magic. This could be a place in the dark city or just a place hidden in the mountains (we would just need climbing set to get out or loli + TC which we could).

PS: as of the next battle (not his contest with the axe wielder) Thurgin should know all of the spells Lawf'okong does. He just couldn't (or rather shouldn't) participate in the willpower battles like the one between Keethrax and Lawf'okong.

PPS: How about this for a fight order, Tarindil, Whadar, Thurgin, Jarlgan, Lawf'okong, Ramirez. (at which point we reveal what precisely this place is)

-Maelstrom

[Edited 1 time, last edit on 1/26/2007 at 14:16 (GMT -5) by F50]
Portrait
Battle bunny
Registered user
I'm just that cool

Last page view:

Posted on Friday, January 26, 2007 at 14:56 (GMT -5)

There you go. With my corny writing, another victory is there for you. Now who's next?
(\_/)
(o.0)
(> <)
( / \ )

Don't click this
nOOb-mAsTeR
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Friday, January 26, 2007 at 16:40 (GMT -5)

I thought it was okay Battle Bunny, straight and to the point.Well, next is Thurgin, according to F50, I like his order. Mine will probably be long, wizards in a duel...about 3 times as long as keethraxes fight.:D I don't write a lot most of the time, so I'm making an exception.
nOOb-mAsTeR
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Friday, January 26, 2007 at 19:00 (GMT -5)

Hmm....isn't F50's char Thurgin? He said he won't be on for awhile, and I'd hate to see the story come to a standstill for a while, bad habit. So who wants to write for Thurgin's fight if F50 doesn't write about it by tomorrow at noon? I think it should be PeanutGod or Darren, you guys are the best writers. Of course I could be wrong about everything:D
Portrait
Battle bunny
Registered user
I'm just that cool

Last page view:

Posted on Saturday, January 27, 2007 at 01:09 (GMT -5)

Well, if you know that you aren`t good about yourself, and if I know that I`m not good, and if F50 doesn`t come, PeanutGod and Darren are the only remaining ones as well. :)
(\_/)
(o.0)
(> <)
( / \ )

Don't click this
Portrait
PeanutGod
Registered user
Lord of Misery

Last page view:

Posted on Saturday, January 27, 2007 at 03:00 (GMT -5)

If F50 hasn't posted then I don't mind writing his piece out for him. It'd be a pleasure.

Darren Grey
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Saturday, January 27, 2007 at 06:52 (GMT -5)

n00b, that sword got shattered at the end, so sorry, ya can't have it :P There is at least one guaranteed sword later that is best suited to your character. If F50 needs some time then n00b and Cat Lord Lord should just go ahead with theirs. As much as I'm sure PeanutGod would do an excellent job I personally think it'd be quite nice if we all did our own little bit for this fight. At the very least F50 could leave a placeholder and write it in later (since we technically know the result already).
Cat Lord Lord
Registered user
Not really

Last page view:

5444 days, 10 hours, 41 minutes and 8 seconds ago.
Posted on Saturday, January 27, 2007 at 07:30 (GMT -5)

Just thought... what if he simply teleported us to the arena? When we finally head to the arena in the CoC, the arena master could hail us, "Welcome back! Come to fight for prize?". I'll get started on mine, should be interesting.
Homework is not meant for home! It's a sick verbal coincidence!
-My brother
nOOb-mAsTeR
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Saturday, January 27, 2007 at 08:29 (GMT -5)

I think I'm going to "make a sword" when I go into battle...should be interesting.(I will get sword of Nonnak though)
Darren Grey
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Saturday, January 27, 2007 at 08:40 (GMT -5)

Some sort of illusion magic would make more sense, I think. It could be that we didn't kill those chaps at all, and Kranach's laughing at us from the shadows.
nOOb-mAsTeR
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Saturday, January 27, 2007 at 17:11 (GMT -5)

Sorry if mine wasn't long enough, wasn't feeling too creative.I have Protector now and lawful broadsword of weeping(mithril) I only have 1 more casting of Create Item, btw. I can't wait to see Ramirez's fight too. Knowing PeanutGod, it'll have unexpected twists.(Though in the real game Kranach is a pansy:D)
Darren Grey
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Saturday, January 27, 2007 at 20:53 (GMT -5)

Heh, imagine Ramirez as he is now against the real Kranach... It'd be over in less than a second.

Hmm, we've reached the point now where F50 should make his post... Perhaps if PeanutGod wants to go ahead with Ramirez's fight he should put in a placeholder for Thurgin's battle himself, and F50 can e-mail it to him to insert later?
Portrait
Battle bunny
Registered user
I'm just that cool

Last page view:

Posted on Sunday, January 28, 2007 at 02:20 (GMT -5)

Well, your random ant warrior OWNS Kranach... and then we have cleared an ant hole, no?
(\_/)
(o.0)
(> <)
( / \ )

Don't click this
Portrait
PeanutGod
Registered user
Lord of Misery

Last page view:

Posted on Sunday, January 28, 2007 at 04:30 (GMT -5)

I've got a couple of twists that I'm going to throw in that should make it interesting. It may take a few hours to get the post up, since I'm a bit hungover :D

Go to page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13

Color mixer:
Red: Green: Blue: HTML color code: result:      
Your Name: Check to login:

Your Message:

Read the
formating help
Are you a spambot? Yes No Maybe Huh?
Create poll? Yes No   What is this?
Poll question: