Register new account
Edit account
Search

Ancient Domains Of Mystery, forum overview / Stories / The Return of the Forum(OOC)

Online users ( Unknown)
Application object not working properly at the moment, no clue who is online...

* Numbers in parentheses are the number of minutes since the user last loaded a page. Logged-in users time out after 40 minutes (unless they manually log out), lurkers and anonymous posters after 20.

This thread is 13 pages long.
Go to page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13
Portrait
PeanutGod
Registered user
Lord of Misery

Last page view:

5046 days, 12 hours, 45 minutes and 10 seconds ago.
Posted on Sunday, January 28, 2007 at 04:30 (GMT -5)

I've got a couple of twists that I'm going to throw in that should make it interesting. It may take a few hours to get the post up, since I'm a bit hungover :D

Ladies and Gentleman, take my advice. Pull down your pants, and slide on the ice.

Cat Lord Lord
Registered user
Not really

Last page view:

5439 days, 9 hours, 2 minutes and 5 seconds ago.
Posted on Sunday, January 28, 2007 at 07:25 (GMT -5)

Sounds good, can't wait. Btw, just to keep track of duels...
-Whadar: got Far Slayer
-Jarlgan: got a few clubs (returning 2, death 1)
-Lawf-okog: got protector and amulet
-Tarandil: Nothing? He needs something good.
-Thurgin...: should he get like Executor? He's one of the few without a artifact
-Ramirez: Hasn't fought yet
Homework is not meant for home! It's a sick verbal coincidence!
-My brother
Darren Grey
Registered user

Last page view:

4233 days, 16 hours, 1 minute and 31 seconds ago.
Posted on Sunday, January 28, 2007 at 08:42 (GMT -5)

Tarindil will get the rune-covered trident after we find Blup's mom and he reaches level 16 (probably whilst we're doing the pyramid or thereabouts). I don't really feel the need for anything stronger in the meantime. He's able to use a bow, a sword, various magic spells, has a pet fairy dragon that can teleport things away, can confuse people with ventriloquism, and tame animals with music. I think he has enough up his sleeves to survive for now - power can wait. We have enough killing machines in the party, I'd rather keep my character reasonably tame.

I'm guessing at the moment we're all around level 8-10 or so?
Waldenbrook, the dwarven shopkeeper, mumbles: "I'd offer 9 gold pieces for yer dwarven child corpse."
Portrait
PeanutGod
Registered user
Lord of Misery

Last page view:

Posted on Sunday, January 28, 2007 at 12:16 (GMT -5)

I'd guess so yeah. most of my post is done, I'll wait a couple of hours to see if F50 is going to post his up, if not, I'll post mine, then delete it and repost it once F50 has posted his - so that the story runs proper.
Ladies and Gentleman, take my advice. Pull down your pants, and slide on the ice.

nOOb-mAsTeR
Registered user
Master of all things nOOby!!!

Last page view:

5758 days, 5 hours, 56 minutes and 49 seconds ago.
Posted on Sunday, January 28, 2007 at 12:41 (GMT -5)

To make things convenient, I think the amulet will be AoLS(note that Traod dropped it as Lawf'okong thrust the blade through his heart) or you guys can decide as to what it is. Though we'd already have a wish if Loli wasn't mentally retarded:D
"You try to give Fang, the large dog the bone. Fang, the large dog says,"Do you know who I am, mortal?!?!"
My smartest dog ever:D
Portrait
Battle bunny
Registered user
I'm just that cool

Last page view:

5821 days, 12 hours, 19 minutes and 10 seconds ago.
Posted on Sunday, January 28, 2007 at 13:32 (GMT -5)

What do you mean with "if that fairy dragon prick I hate wasn't mentally retarded"?
Also, you just conjured Protector and a very good weapon out of thin air? No offense, but once you are sticking to the game like a leech on a human, and now you are overpowering your characters.
(\_/)
(o.0)
(> <)
( / \ )

Don't click this
http://www.mindistortion.net/iwantyoursoul/?i_am=Darkcutter
Portrait
PeanutGod
Registered user
Lord of Misery

Last page view:

Posted on Sunday, January 28, 2007 at 13:51 (GMT -5)

That one did make me wonder a bit as well. I know we're all building the characters up and that, and we're going off the ADOM storyline a bit in certain areas, but shouldn't he have made some sacrifices first at least? A bit dubious!

Cat Lord Lord
Registered user
Not really

Last page view:

Posted on Sunday, January 28, 2007 at 14:25 (GMT -5)

I don't think it should be AoLS. We should have to work like hell to get one. Maybe an amulet of protection from constructs? Something weak, but could have a use sometime in the future.
-My brother
nOOb-mAsTeR
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Sunday, January 28, 2007 at 16:20 (GMT -5)

Battle Bunny, I thought my" :D" made it obvious that I was sarcastic. I was just joking around, I actually thought that was a nice twist. Oh, and btw, my char has had up to this point zero good items, lost his clothes, and his in a loincloth, so I really don't think I'm being spoiled. And, I don't think I'm sticking to the game like a leech to a human, considering I don't write all the major plot advances.Though I do agree, Battle Bunny. We could make some changes in our course of the game, but I personally don't want to make this story a 2 year project.My bro thinks the story is awesome, and he's almost a genius(i.q. 144).I didn't mean to be offensive BB, next time I'll put*sarcasm*:D
"You try to give Fang, the large dog the bone. Fang, the large dog says,"Do you know who I am, mortal?!?!"

[Edited 1 time, last edit on 1/28/2007 at 16:26 (GMT -5) by nOOb-mAsTeR]
Darren Grey
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Sunday, January 28, 2007 at 16:44 (GMT -5)

I thought getting that sword was more dubious than getting Protector. After all, we don't want to fill the story with the tedium of live-saccing or farming herbs till we get a precrown. Getting a sword like that through the Create Item spell though, and the troll just happened to get that spell from a potion of wonder... Well, woulda been more appropriate for him to just find a sword earlier, but ah well. I'll make sure the last casting of it isn't quite so productive ;) Also, Lawf'okong shouldn't be too much of a melee force - we have plenty of that in the party already really. I'd say he should concentrate almost solely on magic.

As for the amulet... Too early to be worrying about AoLS in my opinion. That can come later (I was actually thinking before it would be best for the orc to find it, and he could prove his change of heart by giving it to Khelavaster). AoLS should technically be "steel amulet" anyway (though we have numerous discrepancies in that regard already). For now the amulet can be... well, anything really. Increase to Mana or Willpower perhaps? Maybe rabies resistance if the troll wants to eat more kobold shaman brains :)
Waldenbrook, the dwarven shopkeeper, mumbles: "I'd offer 9 gold pieces for yer dwarven child corpse."
Portrait
PeanutGod
Registered user
Lord of Misery

Last page view:

Posted on Sunday, January 28, 2007 at 17:14 (GMT -5)

There ya go guys, post is up. Should make for some interesting storylines and dialogue. Now that Darren has told be Tarindil will hate him :'(

nOOb-mAsTeR
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Sunday, January 28, 2007 at 17:18 (GMT -5)

Boy PeanutGod, that would make for an "R" rated movie here in USA.It was good though, nice little twist.
F50
Registered user

Last page view:

5470 days, 7 hours, 26 minutes and 59 seconds ago.
Posted on Sunday, January 28, 2007 at 18:57 (GMT -5)

No artifact for Thurgin yet, just an eternium battle axe. That should do until I switch to Purifier. This has proven to be quite an interesting story.
"If the bread weights that much in the draklor chain, then it's no wonder so many die of starvation.
AND - what kind of IRON RATION weights as much as an iron shield?! A dinner for four, oven included? ;)"

-Maelstrom
Darren Grey
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Sunday, January 28, 2007 at 20:03 (GMT -5)

Man, wish I'd gotten to do a post I had thought out before, of the party coming across a dark elven priestess and Tarindil going mad with rage. Would have been a good precursor to this, but oh well. Nice twist, Ramirez - adds a lot of spice to the conflict in the party :)
Cat Lord Lord
Registered user
Not really

Last page view:

Posted on Sunday, January 28, 2007 at 20:40 (GMT -5)

Peanut, remind me NEVER to cross you in a dark alley. Or, read what you write before I eat :D. Anyway... just made a small post to start getting more dirt on Tarandil. He seems one of the only people besides the dwarf who isn't messed up (no offense to troll, I already count being a trollish wizard as weird).
-My brother
Darren Grey
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Sunday, January 28, 2007 at 23:23 (GMT -5)

Heh, trying to force my hand early? ;) Not gonna work yet, but you'll get something shortly I think :P
Portrait
PeanutGod
Registered user
Lord of Misery

Last page view:

Posted on Monday, January 29, 2007 at 00:39 (GMT -5)

Cheers guys! :D Love to freak you all out! Hit me up later on MSN Darren, I've got an idea to run by you.

Darren Grey
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Monday, January 29, 2007 at 03:06 (GMT -5)

Aye, I'm well open to any ideas, considering the predicament we're now in. May not be active on MSN though - you might be best dropping an e-mail explaining the idea.
F50
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Monday, January 29, 2007 at 12:57 (GMT -5)

The idea I had would be that first Whadar Lawf'okong, Thurgin, and perhaps Loli chat about Tarindil. Then everyone except Ramirez chats about what to do with Ramirez.

I think we should beline for the CoC right after this (we have 50 dungeon levels + 10 extra dungeons or so to do, plus Alhacrast. This will take long enough).
"If the bread weights that much in the draklor chain, then it's no wonder so many die of starvation.
AND - what kind of IRON RATION weights as much as an iron shield?! A dinner for four, oven included? ;)"

-Maelstrom
nOOb-mAsTeR
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Monday, January 29, 2007 at 13:37 (GMT -5)

Yeah, 50 levels plus extra dungeons(bug cave, minotaur) I think that we should do the minotaur cave, could be very interesting. Can't wait to get to pyramid, have awesome idea:D
Portrait
Battle bunny
Registered user
I'm just that cool

Last page view:

Posted on Monday, January 29, 2007 at 14:16 (GMT -5)

Now, I can hardly believe you posted up 6 posts while I watched Revenge of the Sith. But now summarise what should I write. Cause I don't want to wander off to the Mad Minstrel and then wonder why you are all killing my character in-game.
(\_/)
(o.0)
(> <)
( / \ )

Don't click this
nOOb-mAsTeR
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Monday, January 29, 2007 at 14:26 (GMT -5)

Battle Bunny, all you have to do is"reserve" a spot. Though it's mostly luck to sign on and reserve at just the right time, when nobody's ahead in line:D
Portrait
Battle bunny
Registered user
I'm just that cool

Last page view:

Posted on Monday, January 29, 2007 at 14:29 (GMT -5)

No, please summarise what now. We are travelling, while keeping watch on Ramirez, (I actually want Ramirez dead ingame after that fight) and now we would be travelling back to Terinyo, and then my idea would be to include the small cave and some mysterious events, which may or may not be related to the demon and Alhacrast. But then I realised you have a strict plot that nobody under penalty of exile is allowed to break, so please entertain me with what should I write about now. Oh, and I already reserved a spot with blood, so thanks for the idea, but done.
(\_/)
(o.0)
(> <)
( / \ )

Don't click this
nOOb-mAsTeR
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Monday, January 29, 2007 at 14:31 (GMT -5)

No Battle Bunny, write what you want. It's not a strict code or anything like that. Just write what you think's best.(no aliens coming out of the sky and dropping anthrax bombs though):D
F50
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Monday, January 29, 2007 at 16:20 (GMT -5)

what do you mean that you want to post *once*. Do you mean that there has been

"
--section in progress--
"
every time you wanted to post?

-Maelstrom
Darren Grey
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Monday, January 29, 2007 at 19:42 (GMT -5)

I'm interested to see whatever you write, Battle Bunny. Don't worry about what you might see as restrictions. Do what you feel is best for the story, keeping in mind how characters have reacted already. If anyone controlling a character disagrees later it can always be worked around.
nOOb-mAsTeR
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Tuesday, January 30, 2007 at 04:43 (GMT -5)

Sorry if the puppy being alive wasn't realistic, but as Battle Bunny said we don't have to go strictly by the game.
Portrait
Battle bunny
Registered user
I'm just that cool

Last page view:

Posted on Tuesday, January 30, 2007 at 09:58 (GMT -5)

Well, there you go. You decide Chagra's affillation, and I hope I haven't killed the story that much. And I don't mind Jarlgan standing up and backstabbing them either. :)
(\_/)
(o.0)
(> <)
( / \ )

Don't click this
Darren Grey
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Tuesday, January 30, 2007 at 10:23 (GMT -5)

"They decided to traverse the caves northwest, for it was rumored that there is some settlement at the end," - er, Battle bunny, we've already been to the HMV and out the other side, then back again exploring the UD twice :P
Portrait
Battle bunny
Registered user
I'm just that cool

Last page view:

Posted on Tuesday, January 30, 2007 at 10:41 (GMT -5)

O rly? I'll edit that post then.
EDIT: If it was more than two passing sentences, point me to it.
EDIT2: It looks a bit different now. See for yourself.
(\_/)
(o.0)
(> <)
( / \ )

Don't click this

[Edited 1 time, last edit on 1/30/2007 at 10:46 (GMT -5) by Battle bunny]
Go to page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13

Color mixer:
Red: Green: Blue: HTML color code: result:      
Your Name: Check to login:

Your Message: