Register new account
Edit account
Search

Ancient Domains Of Mystery, forum overview / Stories / The Return of the Forum(OOC)

Online users ( Unknown)
Application object not working properly at the moment, no clue who is online...

* Numbers in parentheses are the number of minutes since the user last loaded a page. Logged-in users time out after 40 minutes (unless they manually log out), lurkers and anonymous posters after 20.

This thread is 13 pages long.
Go to page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13
Portrait
Battle bunny
Registered user
I'm just that cool

Last page view:

5799 days, 19 hours, 10 minutes and 15 seconds ago.
Posted on Friday, February 02, 2007 at 13:53 (GMT -5)

Can I be nitpicky? If not, scroll up immediately. If yes, Caladriel was a troll witch, according to some ADOM digger I heard about earlier. But this doesn't make the quality of the post bad, now does it? ;)
(\_/)
(o.0)
(> <)
( / \ )

Don't click this
http://www.mindistortion.net/iwantyoursoul/?i_am=Darkcutter
nOOb-mAsTeR
Registered user
Master of all things nOOby!!!

Last page view:

5736 days, 12 hours, 47 minutes and 54 seconds ago.
Posted on Friday, February 02, 2007 at 14:47 (GMT -5)

Hmm, it wouldn't let me delete my previous post...sorry if it's a little long though, my current post. I think whadar just gained a level, methinks:D
"You try to give Fang, the large dog the bone. Fang, the large dog says,"Do you know who I am, mortal?!?!"
My smartest dog ever:D
Cat Lord Lord
Registered user
Not really

Last page view:

5417 days, 15 hours, 53 minutes and 10 seconds ago.
Posted on Friday, February 02, 2007 at 15:41 (GMT -5)

All I know is, Mad Minstrel called her a crone. I think its a take-off of Galadrial in LoTR. Also, to nitpick... you don't have to pay any attention to this but the main weapon of the Dorn beast is it has 64(or so) eyes. I think Noob you should edit it so Whadar couldn't shoot them all, so he just lit them on fire.
Homework is not meant for home! It's a sick verbal coincidence!
-My brother
nOOb-mAsTeR
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Friday, February 02, 2007 at 16:53 (GMT -5)

Ok, I'll edit that.....
"You try to give Fang, the large dog the bone. Fang, the large dog says,"Do you know who I am, mortal?!?!"
nOOb-mAsTeR
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Friday, February 02, 2007 at 18:46 (GMT -5)

...Done! Hmm, I think I could've made the pyramid battle better....oh well.Battle Bunny , it's up to you to decide as to what's in the treasure hoard, since your character is the only one capable of crawling through the hole. New Artifact: Thunderstroke, Whadar slayed Rehetep with it. I think though we should get around 20k in gold though.I made a 'hoard' cuz it reminded me of a game by square enix called,"Dragon Warrior III" for game boy color...I LOVED that game, first RPG ever.Sweet memories....:)
Darren Grey
Registered user

Last page view:

4211 days, 22 hours, 52 minutes and 36 seconds ago.
Posted on Friday, February 02, 2007 at 21:10 (GMT -5)

To continue the nitpicking I think it's actually 69 eyes (I remember that number well). But such details are quite irrelevant.

20k gold minimum sounds good to me :D I assume we'll take the ankh and ancient wrapping too. In the hoarde there should maybe be some gems and such, since the gnome is meant to have Gemology. Otherwise nothing too powerful, but certainly some versatile stuff that'll come in handy later (there's so many little things you always need...)
Waldenbrook, the dwarven shopkeeper, mumbles: "I'd offer 9 gold pieces for yer dwarven child corpse."
Portrait
Battle bunny
Registered user
I'm just that cool

Last page view:

Posted on Saturday, February 03, 2007 at 03:31 (GMT -5)

I wonder why you remember 69 well... that number is used everywhere, from sport to XXX, oh well.
Just don't forget, I have a red dagger now to resist fiery blasts. That's why Whadar wasn't burnt entirely when Chagra attacked earlier.
(\_/)
(o.0)
(> <)
( / \ )

Don't click this
Darren Grey
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Saturday, February 03, 2007 at 04:42 (GMT -5)

Oh yeah, what immunity was your lil gnome crowned with?
Waldenbrook, the dwarven shopkeeper, mumbles: "I'd offer 9 gold pieces for yer dwarven child corpse."
nOOb-mAsTeR
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Saturday, February 03, 2007 at 06:54 (GMT -5)

Battle Bunny, are you going to continue our section with the treasure and journey to CoC?
Portrait
PeanutGod
Registered user
Lord of Misery

Last page view:

5024 days, 19 hours, 36 minutes and 15 seconds ago.
Posted on Saturday, February 03, 2007 at 09:09 (GMT -5)

Hope that section provides you all with a bit more insight into Rami's past. I plan to cover the Hotzenplotz torture as well in the next post or so, along with Ramirez' first encounter with the demon inside of him, which he doesn't know about yet.
Ladies and Gentleman, take my advice. Pull down your pants, and slide on the ice.

nOOb-mAsTeR
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Saturday, February 03, 2007 at 17:45 (GMT -5)

Is it just me or have I been the only one on about every hour or so? Today has been very dull on this site, nobody ever posts....do you guys have something special today over there across the pond?:D
Portrait
PeanutGod
Registered user
Lord of Misery

Last page view:

Posted on Saturday, February 03, 2007 at 18:03 (GMT -5)

Not really, I've just had other things to do rather than log in every our! Basically I've been out getting drunk :D Sorry I've had a poor showing this week, but I'll make up for it this week with any luck. Never fear, the Rufus is still here.
Ladies and Gentleman, take my advice. Pull down your pants, and slide on the ice.

Darren Grey
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Sunday, February 04, 2007 at 03:32 (GMT -5)

Figured I'd throw in an extra "enemy" for us to deal with later - when we finally get to Alhacrast it's gonna be one damn big battle with lots of competing forces :) Tarindil's now on better terms with Ramirez after hearing Hotzy talk about the little girl (showing it wasn't a lie). Even went as far as to refer to him as "my friend" at the end. Still going to be some lack of trust though.
Portrait
Battle bunny
Registered user
I'm just that cool

Last page view:

Posted on Sunday, February 04, 2007 at 04:05 (GMT -5)

Noob, unlike you, I cannot log on every hour, since I have other things to do as well. So please stop being like this and start being patient. Thank you.
As for my post, what we got in total during the pyramid loot is:
15-20k gold
Gems, crystals
Mace of disruption
A spellbook of Slow Monster
Ankh
Wrapping
(\_/)
(o.0)
(> <)
( / \ )

Don't click this

[Edited 1 time, last edit on 2/4/2007 at 04:40 (GMT -5) by Battle bunny]
Cat Lord Lord
Registered user
Not really

Last page view:

Posted on Sunday, February 04, 2007 at 09:35 (GMT -5)

I'm going to let F50 write the rest of gremlin thing if he wants. Also, in my post I had my sword stolen and my money, I'm thinking Ramirez stole it for some extra $$. I can change it if you don't want Ramirez to do that Peanut, just makes it more interesting when they meet back up.
-My brother
Portrait
PeanutGod
Registered user
Lord of Misery

Last page view:

Posted on Sunday, February 04, 2007 at 11:02 (GMT -5)

Hmmm, I'm a bit wary of this, it seems as though Ramirez is becoming more 'evil' than he really is. Whilst he may do some dodgy things at times, I don't see him as stealing his companions property and selling it straight on. After all, he's trying to get them to trust him again.

Cat Lord Lord
Registered user
Not really

Last page view:

Posted on Sunday, February 04, 2007 at 15:44 (GMT -5)

Ok, I"ll change it. My guy will just be mad at getting left out of the loop.
-My brother
Darren Grey
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Sunday, February 04, 2007 at 17:25 (GMT -5)

Oh, noob, did you pick up the climbing set and pickaxe from the pyramid? If not no worries, we'll find more later.
Portrait
PeanutGod
Registered user
Lord of Misery

Last page view:

Posted on Monday, February 05, 2007 at 00:11 (GMT -5)

Cheers for posting that up Darren. Sorry if it wasn't as long as usual guys, I had a really dodgy hangover yesterday that didn't want to leave me, so I spent most of the day sleeping it off. I'll get myself back into gear this week.

Darren Grey
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Monday, February 05, 2007 at 02:36 (GMT -5)

I'll most likely have a post of my own up tonight - no need to bother with a placeholder at the mo I don't think.
nOOb-mAsTeR
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Monday, February 05, 2007 at 06:33 (GMT -5)

I hope that the whole old barbarian killing the greater demon thing wasn't cheap, thought it would demonstrate his true power. Lawf'okong's first kill was a kobold, don't know about Whadar. Though I don't think that Lawf'okong will get courage, kinda unusual for a wizard...of course he's not your typical wizard.
Darren Grey
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Monday, February 05, 2007 at 09:50 (GMT -5)

Kinda helps wizards with ball spells to have courage - to face the enemy without fear till they all surround and then WHOOSH - there's nothing left but ashes.
Cat Lord Lord
Registered user
Not really

Last page view:

Posted on Monday, February 05, 2007 at 13:16 (GMT -5)

No "game" need for courage, it just increases your to-hit. No real need if you're just casting away, in story terms it could help. Anyway, Jarlgan and Thurgin spent something along the lines of 7 days around gremmy cave. Lots of time for the others, training with old barb could take awhile.
-My brother
nOOb-mAsTeR
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Monday, February 05, 2007 at 13:46 (GMT -5)

I might not be able to post for awhile, this computer, the one that's hooked to internet, is acting weird....took me 10 minutes just to hook onto internet.I'll probably just be playing adom for awhile on other pc....hopefully I'll fix it soon.
Darren Grey
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Tuesday, February 06, 2007 at 22:16 (GMT -5)

Sorry again for the time it took to get that up - had most of it written last night but didn't get a chance to finish it off. I've left Tarindil and Ramirez just south of the dusty dungeon - it's up to you Ramirez if you want us to enter there and meet the assassin prince.
Cat Lord Lord
Registered user
Not really

Last page view:

Posted on Wednesday, February 07, 2007 at 07:27 (GMT -5)

Nice post Darren, I could easily imagine Ramirez as crime lord :-). Anyway, approx how long did it take for that? I'm thinking all of us should meet at Caverns of Chaos at around the same time.
-My brother
F50
Registered user

Last page view:

5448 days, 14 hours, 18 minutes and 4 seconds ago.
Posted on Wednesday, February 07, 2007 at 13:37 (GMT -5)

One day traveling to Lawinthewall. one night to kill hotzy, one day that Ramirez slept as crime lord. If they were to have some trouble crossing the river and had to go down by the swamp rout that would make three days. One more day for a detour through the forest, skipping the road and that makes seven.
"If the bread weights that much in the draklor chain, then it's no wonder so many die of starvation.
AND - what kind of IRON RATION weights as much as an iron shield?! A dinner for four, oven included? ;)"

-Maelstrom
Portrait
Battle bunny
Registered user
I'm just that cool

Last page view:

Posted on Saturday, February 10, 2007 at 03:53 (GMT -5)

And now my Internet's working decent again, and so I'll be able to post more and better.
BTW: I laughed out loudly at this.
“That’ll be 4,500 gold pieces,” said Barnabas.

“What, for this heap of junk? I wouldn’t pay more than 2,000!” said Tarindil, trying to haggle with the gnome.

“Hrmph, maybe 4,000 then...”

“2,500.”

“3,500.”

“5,000!”

“3,000! Wait, what?”
Very nice.
(\_/)
(o.0)
(> <)
( / \ )

Don't click this
F50
Registered user

Last page view:

5448 days, 14 hours, 18 minutes and 4 seconds ago.
Posted on Saturday, February 10, 2007 at 09:24 (GMT -5)

Ok, Thurgin and Jarlgan won't be happy but I have no idea how Lawf'okong will react. Probably not well. Fighting off chaos will be much more than just closing the gate (which I assume is how these beings got here in the first place). It would be lots of work just to get rid of those that remain in Anarcadia.
"If the bread weights that much in the draklor chain, then it's no wonder so many die of starvation.
AND - what kind of IRON RATION weights as much as an iron shield?! A dinner for four, oven included? ;)"

-Maelstrom
nOOb-mAsTeR
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Saturday, February 10, 2007 at 16:30 (GMT -5)

PeanutGod, I take it the demon is actually a Greater Balor, right?But anyways, that was an awesome bit about the demon. The whole defecating and maggot thing was pretty disgusting, I have no idea as to how you come up with this stuff, but good job!

Ok, are we going to decide what the Greatest Titan and what the demon what, or are we just going to wait to decide? Also, for a little twist, just for your info, the Greatest Titan is actually being controlled by Alhacrast, and he's tricking them into helping him.

Go to page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13

Color mixer:
Red: Green: Blue: HTML color code: result:      
Your Name: Check to login:

Your Message:

Read the
formating help
Are you a spambot? Yes No Maybe Huh?
Create poll? Yes No   What is this?
Poll question: