Register new account
Edit account
Search

Ancient Domains Of Mystery, forum overview / Stories / The Return of the Forum(OOC)

Online users ( Unknown)
Application object not working properly at the moment, no clue who is online...

* Numbers in parentheses are the number of minutes since the user last loaded a page. Logged-in users time out after 40 minutes (unless they manually log out), lurkers and anonymous posters after 20.

This thread is 13 pages long.
Go to page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13
F50
Registered user

Last page view:

5468 days, 21 hours, 56 minutes and 24 seconds ago.
Posted on Thursday, February 22, 2007 at 15:11 (GMT -5)

vault with the gorgon is on the eighth (last) level of the UD.
"If the bread weights that much in the draklor chain, then it's no wonder so many die of starvation.
AND - what kind of IRON RATION weights as much as an iron shield?! A dinner for four, oven included? ;)"

-Maelstrom
nOOb-mAsTeR
Registered user
Master of all things nOOby!!!

Last page view:

5756 days, 20 hours, 26 minutes and 14 seconds ago.
Posted on Thursday, February 22, 2007 at 17:10 (GMT -5)

Well, I got the whole fight started. Hopefully someone else can start it. Tell me if anything wasn't in agreement with any previous posts. I figured that it's about time for Thurgin's time in the sun. The story has focused too much on the other chars compared to him and Whadar.
"You try to give Fang, the large dog the bone. Fang, the large dog says,"Do you know who I am, mortal?!?!"
My smartest dog ever:D
F50
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Thursday, February 22, 2007 at 17:58 (GMT -5)

"Even though he realized that golems didn't have blood..."

lol

"He rushed into the golems, with blood lust in his eyes, even though he realized that golems didn't have blood...he would see for himself."

Thurgin or Ramirez? Just making sure. Oh, a phrase about him (Thurgin or Ramirez) donning the amulet would be good too (Just a suggestion).
"If the bread weights that much in the draklor chain, then it's no wonder so many die of starvation.
AND - what kind of IRON RATION weights as much as an iron shield?! A dinner for four, oven included? ;)"

-Maelstrom

[Edited 1 time, last edit on 2/22/2007 at 18:06 (GMT -5) by F50]
nOOb-mAsTeR
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Thursday, February 22, 2007 at 18:10 (GMT -5)

Ramirez:D
"You try to give Fang, the large dog the bone. Fang, the large dog says,"Do you know who I am, mortal?!?!"
F50
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Thursday, February 22, 2007 at 18:11 (GMT -5)

and he has the amulet, good to know.

-Maelstrom

[Edited 1 time, last edit on 2/22/2007 at 18:11 (GMT -5) by F50]
Darren Grey
Registered user

Last page view:

4232 days, 6 hours, 30 minutes and 56 seconds ago.
Posted on Thursday, February 22, 2007 at 22:18 (GMT -5)

Sorry I haven't been posting. The last couple of weeks I've had problems with illness and generally having no free time in long enough blocks to write. I've made some short posts to the forum now and then, but not had the time or a clear enough head for any creative writing here. I promise I'll make up for it soon...
Waldenbrook, the dwarven shopkeeper, mumbles: "I'd offer 9 gold pieces for yer dwarven child corpse."
nOOb-mAsTeR
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Friday, February 23, 2007 at 04:42 (GMT -5)

Well, Ramirez may not need the amulet, because he rushed into the golems, not the gorgon. Thurgin's getting his spot of glory by slaying the gorgon.
Cat Lord Lord
Registered user
Not really

Last page view:

5437 days, 23 hours, 31 minutes and 30 seconds ago.
Posted on Friday, February 23, 2007 at 12:59 (GMT -5)

Ok, gonna finish the fight. I now am thinking my character is somewhat N=, not really caring much. He doesn't make too many snarky comments, just when it's blatantly obvious.
Homework is not meant for home! It's a sick verbal coincidence!
-My brother
F50
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Friday, February 23, 2007 at 17:20 (GMT -5)

I won't be available until Sunday.

-Maelstrom
Cat Lord Lord
Registered user
Not really

Last page view:

Posted on Saturday, February 24, 2007 at 10:41 (GMT -5)

Shoot, I can't post for awhile. I'ma let somebody else post. Sorry about inconvenience. I'll try to get something up on like monday.
-My brother
nOOb-mAsTeR
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Saturday, February 24, 2007 at 10:53 (GMT -5)

I'll write if Darren doesn't, PeanutGod should be back soon too.
Darren Grey
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Monday, February 26, 2007 at 02:19 (GMT -5)

Sorry that was so short, but more importantly I'm sorry that it took me 20 days since my last story post :( Will try not to let a gap like that happen again. If I get the chance today I might add some more on.

I wanted to add in some real dark elves for us to face cause I thought it's a bit bad for the lawful guys to be tricking the dwarven elder (and more importantly Ramirez would stand out a lot in a dwarven town!) The idea is, tentatively, that they are Ramirez's brother and sister, a dark elven lord and priestess. I don't think he'll be happy to see them ;)
Waldenbrook, the dwarven shopkeeper, mumbles: "I'd offer 9 gold pieces for yer dwarven child corpse."

[Edited 1 time, last edit on 2/26/2007 at 02:35 (GMT -5) by Darren Grey]
Cat Lord Lord
Registered user
Not really

Last page view:

Posted on Monday, February 26, 2007 at 13:58 (GMT -5)

I'm just going to have them go back to DT and go down a bit. Nice post Darren. I'll just have them see a large mass of spiders, somebody else can do the meeting part (Peanut if he wants?)

Edit: Thought it would be interesting to be captured by the dark elves. I can change it if people don't want to. I'm thinking the cave is a branch of the CoC, starting at the Big room. About 1 level, with lots of spiders and a big one. A few good items, nothing major. Any thoughts?
-My brother

[Edited 1 time, last edit on 2/26/2007 at 14:17 (GMT -5) by Cat Lord Lord]
F50
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Monday, February 26, 2007 at 15:22 (GMT -5)

Ummmmm...The vault was on the last level of the UD so they couldn't descend after killing the Gorgon.

EDIT: DT = DD(Druid Tunnel), CoC (Dwarvish Tunnel), or (Disused Tunnel(Shortcut from HMV))

-Maelstrom

[Edited 1 time, last edit on 2/26/2007 at 15:26 (GMT -5) by F50]
Darren Grey
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Monday, February 26, 2007 at 21:48 (GMT -5)

Cat Lord Lord: "Tarindil remembered his old wife"?! Uh, could you edit wife to family please? Don't want to start having to worry about a missus - especially not an old one ;) I like the capturing thing though - makes things interesting.

F50: I think you misread. It says "They travelled back to the western caverns", meaning they immediately left the UD after killing the gorgon and went back west. It was the CoC they then descended into.
Darren Grey
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Tuesday, February 27, 2007 at 01:27 (GMT -5)

Hmm, not as good as post as I would have liked to do, but meh, I can't do any better right now. I wish PeanutGod were around to do some of this Ramirez stuff :/
Cat Lord Lord
Registered user
Not really

Last page view:

Posted on Tuesday, February 27, 2007 at 13:39 (GMT -5)

Ok, edited my post. Sorry, I was originally going to have the group go to Dwarftown, but thought it would be more interesting to meet in Big Room.
-My brother
F50
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Tuesday, February 27, 2007 at 14:49 (GMT -5)

ah, ty Darren Grey.

-Maelstrom
nOOb-mAsTeR
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Tuesday, February 27, 2007 at 17:50 (GMT -5)

Well, someone can finish demon fight
nOOb-mAsTeR
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Wednesday, February 28, 2007 at 17:19 (GMT -5)

Um, two things F50:

Can you clarify and say spider instead of demon, because I was starting to confuse the two at first, and

It was a tad vague, a little more detail would be nice. I don't know if it was just me, but my opinion, no offense though
Cat Lord Lord
Registered user
Not really

Last page view:

Posted on Thursday, March 01, 2007 at 13:38 (GMT -5)

A question, is Axcilaraxis Ramirezs' demon? Just wondering, and is his demon a balor? I don't care, just curious.
-My brother
Darren Grey
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Thursday, March 01, 2007 at 18:39 (GMT -5)

I think Axciwhatsit was the name given in PeanutGod before. It was never said to be a balor though, just a demon commander of sorts.
F50
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Thursday, March 01, 2007 at 19:23 (GMT -5)

It was never said to be a Balor. But it could be a Greater Balor. Saying Axcilaraxis is a Balor would put Fistanarius up there as well though.

EDIT: not necessarily now, but by the time we reach the Chaos Gate.

PS: Was my post *that* confusing/vauge or have people just not had the time to post a story section.

-Maelstrom

[Edited 1 time, last edit on 3/1/2007 at 19:25 (GMT -5) by F50]
Grey
Unregistered user
Posted on Friday, March 02, 2007 at 06:08 (GMT -5)

Didn't think it was confusing or vague really. I don't understand the end of it though:

"They were not destroyed." Ramirez insisted.

"They are not here" Lawf'okong countered.

Er, what is that referring to? Their equipment? If so what's it meant to mean?
nOOb-mAsTeR
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Friday, March 02, 2007 at 08:32 (GMT -5)

Yes, that's what I was referring to F50, what Darren just put, the whole book thing, that's what I meant was really vague, didn't understand at all.
Portrait
PeanutGod
Registered user
Lord of Misery

Last page view:

5045 days, 3 hours, 14 minutes and 35 seconds ago.
Posted on Friday, March 02, 2007 at 10:47 (GMT -5)

Hey guys, long time no see.

Sorry I ain't been around, I spoke to Darren a few days ago and explained the situation. basically one of my housemates is fucking me around with the rent etc. Nevermind. Anyway, just a note to say that hopefully I should be back in the whole thing soon. With regards to Ramirez, I'd like to request that not a lot more history of his is added right now, I've just had a look in and seen ideas about brothers and sisters and all sorts of crazy stuff, which I didn;t really have on Rami's agenda. If possible, could you have Ramirez run off and abandon you guys for a week or so? I've got some more ideas that I need to type out at home which I can bring back to the net with me. Don't mean to sound out of line, but I get a bit arsey when people start making up to much history about my character wuithout my consent.

Cheers guys, take it steady.

Hopefully see you all on here again soon.

-Rufus-
Ladies and Gentleman, take my advice. Pull down your pants, and slide on the ice.

Darren Grey
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Friday, March 02, 2007 at 12:25 (GMT -5)

Yeah, sorry about that PeanutGod. At the time I put that up I was expecting you to arrive back so it could be altered straight away if needs be. Initially just wanted some dark elves from Ramirez's past cropping up, but once the idea of family struck my mind I got a bit out of hand :(
Cat Lord Lord
Registered user
Not really

Last page view:

Posted on Friday, March 02, 2007 at 13:08 (GMT -5)

Sorry Peanut, take your time. I'll have him run off into the sunset for a week, and we can do some random things.

Edit: Please nobody do anything plot-riffic with my character, loosely basing it of BG2 (Very good game).
-My brother

[Edited 1 time, last edit on 3/2/2007 at 13:45 (GMT -5) by Cat Lord Lord]
F50
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Saturday, March 03, 2007 at 15:50 (GMT -5)

The spellbooks were not destroyed. The SLB were removed by an unidentified someone.

PS: sorry for taking so long to reply

-Maelstrom
Darren Grey
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Tuesday, March 06, 2007 at 09:47 (GMT -5)

PeanutGod has sent me a message saying he's going to be away a fair while due to personal stuff, so we may have to continue on without him for some time :(
Go to page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13

Color mixer:
Red: Green: Blue: HTML color code: result:      
Your Name: Check to login:

Your Message:

Read the
formating help
Are you a spambot? Yes No Maybe Huh?
Create poll? Yes No   What is this?
Poll question: