Register new account
Edit account
Search

Ancient Domains Of Mystery, forum overview / Stories / The Return of the Forum(OOC)

Online users ( Unknown)
Application object not working properly at the moment, no clue who is online...

* Numbers in parentheses are the number of minutes since the user last loaded a page. Logged-in users time out after 40 minutes (unless they manually log out), lurkers and anonymous posters after 20.

This thread is 13 pages long.
Go to page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13
Darren Grey
Registered user

Last page view:

4211 days, 8 hours, 52 minutes and 22 seconds ago.
Posted on Tuesday, March 06, 2007 at 09:47 (GMT -5)

PeanutGod has sent me a message saying he's going to be away a fair while due to personal stuff, so we may have to continue on without him for some time :(
Waldenbrook, the dwarven shopkeeper, mumbles: "I'd offer 9 gold pieces for yer dwarven child corpse."
Cat Lord Lord
Registered user
Not really

Last page view:

5417 days, 1 hour, 52 minutes and 56 seconds ago.
Posted on Tuesday, March 06, 2007 at 13:14 (GMT -5)

Shame, can't wait for him to come back now. And... who's gonna post next? Been awhile, and I don't want to double post.
Homework is not meant for home! It's a sick verbal coincidence!
-My brother
F50
Registered user

Last page view:

5448 days, 17 minutes and 50 seconds ago.
Posted on Tuesday, March 06, 2007 at 13:24 (GMT -5)

Ok, any equipment requests for Thurundarr's identification?

An invisibillity cloak wouldn't be a big help but it would save potions through the trees.

Will post soon.

After Thurundarr it will be time for a trip through the trees.
"If the bread weights that much in the draklor chain, then it's no wonder so many die of starvation.
AND - what kind of IRON RATION weights as much as an iron shield?! A dinner for four, oven included? ;)"

-Maelstrom
nOOb-mAsTeR
Registered user
Master of all things nOOby!!!

Last page view:

5735 days, 22 hours, 47 minutes and 40 seconds ago.
Posted on Tuesday, March 06, 2007 at 13:53 (GMT -5)

Well, I see Whadar doing animated forest, since he is the smallest one, along with maybe Thurgin, since he carries an axe, while the rest of us could go through the dwarven halls*shiver*
"You try to give Fang, the large dog the bone. Fang, the large dog says,"Do you know who I am, mortal?!?!"
My smartest dog ever:D
F50
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Wednesday, March 07, 2007 at 20:10 (GMT -5)

Gah, I may very well be unavaliable until the weekend.
"If the bread weights that much in the draklor chain, then it's no wonder so many die of starvation.
AND - what kind of IRON RATION weights as much as an iron shield?! A dinner for four, oven included? ;)"

-Maelstrom
Cat Lord Lord
Registered user
Not really

Last page view:

Posted on Saturday, March 10, 2007 at 17:14 (GMT -5)

Hello? Anybody home? Been awhile since anybody posted. I might post another just to get things rolling.
-My brother
F50
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Saturday, March 10, 2007 at 21:02 (GMT -5)

Darren is on the spoilers forum I know. As for myself I could get something (maby) up Sunday evening. You should probably just go ahead.

-Maelstrom
Darren Grey
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Sunday, March 11, 2007 at 16:09 (GMT -5)

Kept meaning to put something small up at least, sorry it wasn't anything better. Will try and get a post out at least once or twice a week from now on.
Waldenbrook, the dwarven shopkeeper, mumbles: "I'd offer 9 gold pieces for yer dwarven child corpse."
F50
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Tuesday, March 13, 2007 at 13:58 (GMT -5)

Alright here goes a post. Via the forest and the halls.

EDIT: I will add a song to explain Thurgin's revulsion to the Halls and a thing or two about Griff.

EDIT2: song added.

-Maelstrom

[Edited 1 time, last edit on 3/14/2007 at 12:17 (GMT -5) by F50]
Portrait
PeanutGod
Registered user
Lord of Misery

Last page view:

5024 days, 5 hours, 36 minutes and 1 second ago.
Posted on Sunday, March 18, 2007 at 07:52 (GMT -5)

Another update from the Rufus,

Sorry I'm not around guys. I've had a really hectic few weeks. My dad was taken into hospital and has been in intensive care for a while, and has only just moved onto a normal ward, my jobs been sucky, and one of my housemates never moved in and is refusing to pay the rent even though he signed the contract (grrr and argh) so right now, I'm trying to sort everything in my life out. Once all of this is sorted I want to get Sky Broadband installed so I can rejoin the gang. Sorry for all of this inconvienience, just bear with me!

-Ruf-
Ladies and Gentleman, take my advice. Pull down your pants, and slide on the ice.

F50
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Sunday, March 18, 2007 at 13:20 (GMT -5)

where's everyone else though?

-Maelstrom
nOOb-mAsTeR
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Tuesday, March 20, 2007 at 10:26 (GMT -5)

My grandfather has just gotten of intensive care(he's 83, broke his hip right after church 2 weeks ago, and trauma), so I've been visiting him, and also am quite frustrated with adom, and participating in airsoft tournaments.

I'll try to get back into the groove again, sorry guys about my silence for awhile.
"You try to give Fang, the large dog the bone. Fang, the large dog says,"Do you know who I am, mortal?!?!"
F50
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Tuesday, March 20, 2007 at 11:29 (GMT -5)

np, everyone playing this RP is pretty inactive.

-Maelstrom
nOOb-mAsTeR
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Saturday, March 24, 2007 at 04:09 (GMT -5)

I tried to include a drakeling into the story for a little bit in my last post,since as the guide says, they are rare and are in hibernation. My brother may join at some point, and he was going to add a drakeling healer.(But not as beastly as mine:D) When things speed up again, I may create another char if you guys don't mind, since a drakeling would add some diversity, and it would make the ToEF interesting, among other places.
Darren Grey
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Saturday, March 24, 2007 at 08:15 (GMT -5)

Well, er, I'd personally say I think we have enough characters unless someone new actually wants to join. The party is already very diverse and very powerful, and it's difficult to write story sections when there are so many characters involved. A lot of them end up getting left on the side and underdeveloped.
Cat Lord Lord
Registered user
Not really

Last page view:

Posted on Saturday, March 24, 2007 at 08:54 (GMT -5)

If your brother wants to join... we could have him, I guess if nobody minds else minds. Noob, Ramirez is off riding in the sunset, so can you edit your post so somebody else said it? I think a second character is too much, maybe if we finish this we write another.
-My brother
nOOb-mAsTeR
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Saturday, March 24, 2007 at 09:09 (GMT -5)

Ok, I'll change that ramirez thing and my bro changed his mind, he wants to beat adom before he gets into anything spoily.
F50
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Saturday, March 24, 2007 at 12:15 (GMT -5)

Beat adom *before* you get into anything spoily!? Hats off to anyone who makes it without reading spoilers. I read through the whole guidebook and took a savescummed char through before actually competing it. And then I asked several questions on the forums here.

Great job if you make it though.

EDIT:the thing that smashed the door is guarding "Purifier". It raw damage isn't all that much better than Rolf's companion (or the eternium battle axe) but it slays unlife and demons. We won't really encounter unlife or demons until Darkforge though so I think its balanced. Thurgin also doesn't have any experience with maces.

-Maelstrom

[Edited 1 time, last edit on 3/24/2007 at 12:49 (GMT -5) by F50]
nOOb-mAsTeR
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Sunday, March 25, 2007 at 05:41 (GMT -5)

My brother isn't completely un-spoiled, he watched me play as I finished D:50 and do chaos plane with my necro, he said he can't wait till he gets that good.

[Edited 1 time, last edit on 3/25/2007 at 05:42 (GMT -5) by nOOb-mAsTeR]
nOOb-mAsTeR
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Sunday, March 25, 2007 at 05:45 (GMT -5)

I just read your post F50, and a couple things about it:
Drinking a potion of wonder wouln't ask you for what you would wish for,
and isn't that just a *little* too convenient that we found an AoLS, and then Lawf'okong or anybody else say nothing about the wish?
Cat Lord Lord
Registered user
Not really

Last page view:

Posted on Sunday, March 25, 2007 at 06:51 (GMT -5)

Purifier, yeah, I think it could work. The wish... interesting way to get it but we don't want to get it RIGHT before Khelly. We want to wait awhile and do other things, otherwise we'd just go down.
-My brother
F50
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Sunday, March 25, 2007 at 07:54 (GMT -5)

We didn't *find* and AoLS. We wished for it. Loli said it. I will add a sentence clarifying. If we want to go up we can just put a nasty monster or mixed tension room to cause us to leave.

That particular monster could be purifier's guardian if you want. We save Khelly, pick up his things and then all teleport away to the level where we have to choose trees or DH.

Loli has gotten two wishes in this roleplay. One used for candy, the other was used for an AoLS because Loli was drunk and repeated what another person said.

-Maelstrom

[Edited 1 time, last edit on 3/25/2007 at 07:57 (GMT -5) by F50]
nOOb-mAsTeR
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Sunday, March 25, 2007 at 10:16 (GMT -5)

Hmm, so now we need to find a book of wish and Loli could be our archmage:D
F50
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Wednesday, March 28, 2007 at 10:52 (GMT -5)

was my post that hard to think up a response for? You don't need to write a book every time you post.

-Maelstrom
nOOb-mAsTeR
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Wednesday, March 28, 2007 at 12:46 (GMT -5)

I always feel as if my posts are bad, it's a perfectionist kinda thing.
F50
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Wednesday, March 28, 2007 at 13:17 (GMT -5)

Don't worry, you're writing is fine.

-Maelstrom
Cat Lord Lord
Registered user
Not really

Last page view:

Posted on Wednesday, March 28, 2007 at 14:05 (GMT -5)

Your writing is fine, I think mine is bad :-P. My one qualm with your latest post is that alchohol immunit for Whadar was un-comic reliefy-ey. It's not as fun to write for him if he's not drinking beer all the time :-).
-My brother
F50
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Wednesday, March 28, 2007 at 17:33 (GMT -5)

I disagree cat lord lord. Alchohol immunity merely means that Whadar now gets to drink three times as much as he used to. Only this time he doesn't suffer ill effects so he drinks enough to be lethal for anyone else :P.

-Maelstrom
nOOb-mAsTeR
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Thursday, March 29, 2007 at 03:32 (GMT -5)

Also, as Khevalaster stated, now Whadar's true abilities will be shown. He's very good while drunk, let alone while sober. Now he's gonna kick some major butt. Cat Lord Lord:Are you gonna write the fight against the titan, or is F50?
F50
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Thursday, March 29, 2007 at 10:53 (GMT -5)

whoever gets there first I suppose.

EDIT: instead of "in the name of Dwarftown" could you put "in the name of the Mithril Book"

The Mithril Book is Thurgin's order of paladins.

-Maelstrom

[Edited 1 time, last edit on 3/29/2007 at 14:45 (GMT -5) by F50]
Go to page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13

Color mixer:
Red: Green: Blue: HTML color code: result:      
Your Name: Check to login:

Your Message:

Read the
formating help
Are you a spambot? Yes No Maybe Huh?
Create poll? Yes No   What is this?
Poll question: