Register new account
Edit account
Search

Ancient Domains Of Mystery, forum overview / Stories / The Return of the Heroes(IC)

Online users ( Unknown)
Application object not working properly at the moment, no clue who is online...

* Numbers in parentheses are the number of minutes since the user last loaded a page. Logged-in users time out after 40 minutes (unless they manually log out), lurkers and anonymous posters after 20.

This thread is 4 pages long.
Go to page 1 2 3 4
nOOb-mAsTeR
Registered user
Master of all things nOOby!!!

Last page view:

5736 days, 10 hours, 11 minutes and 11 seconds ago.
Posted on Monday, February 19, 2007 at 11:31 (GMT -5)

"Well," said Lawf'okong,"Thrundrarr asked us to slay a Dark Elf, so Ramirez, where do your people hide?"

Ramirez retaliated,"My people do not 'hide', troll. Last time I checked your race hid in the monsters gathering rocks for fun."
Lawf'okong surprisingly did not get angry."I am different, but that's besides the point. Thurgin and I need to kill a Dark Elf, and what do you have to do?"

" We must slay a Gorgon," said Tarindil."Though I do know where to find one.
Lawf'okong said,"Very well. Now if Ramirez would just help us, we could all get somewhere."
Ramirez said,"Well, since you're going to cry about it, I'll tell you where to kill yours:here."
All of a sudden everyone except Lawf'okong and Ramirez looked around, as if expecting a dark elf to apperar out of nowhere. Lawf'okong chuckled,"Ah, I see Ramirez. Would you like Thurgin to do it?"
Jarlgan growled,"What the hell are you guys talking about?" Ramirez laughed,"I am a Dark Elf, and you have bracers that cause fast healing, so here's what we would do: Thurgin would mortally wound me, preferably just bleeding, I can take the pain, Lawf'okong would carry me to Thrundrarr while I looked like I was dead, he would get the reward, and your nifty bracers Jarlgan would heal me almost instantly."
"What do you mean that my bracers will heal you?!?!They're perfectly normal."
Now it was Thurgin's turn to laugh,"You would not be able to fool anyone Jarlgan. Have you not wondered why every single dwarf in this city has stared at your arms? They are all skilled in Metallurgy, and around your arms there is the artifact, the Bracers of War. My ancestors made it with the help of my diety. Now, would you be kind enough to give Ramirez the bracers for about an hour?"

Jarlgan grumbled under his breath as he removed the bracers, feeling that wonderful power fading away.Ramirez put them on, and he could feel the demon inside him snicker in happiness of this new power. Ramirez shuddered at the ever-present demon inside of him, but returned to the task at hand."So, let's get going, shall we? I'm ready to get bloodied up, don't kill me...."
"You try to give Fang, the large dog the bone. Fang, the large dog says,"Do you know who I am, mortal?!?!"
My smartest dog ever:D

[Edited 1 time, last edit on 2/22/2007 at 14:02 (GMT -5) by nOOb-mAsTeR]
F50
Registered user

Last page view:

5448 days, 11 hours, 41 minutes and 21 seconds ago.
Posted on Thursday, February 22, 2007 at 15:06 (GMT -5)

Thurgin walked up to Ramirez and slit his throat. Then Lawf'okong and he returned to Thrundarr.

"For your reward, I will tell you about the things you are carrying." Thrundarr said

"Thank you, Thrundarr"

They then left Dwarftown. Before Thurgin would speak, he lead them all into a room, and locked it.

Ramirez coughed up blood.

"Aye, very convincing, for all practical purposes I *was* dead. Did you really have to keep me from breathing to fool him?"

"Yes, it would be foolish of Thrundarr to take us only on our word, even from people as distinguished as myself and Lawf'okong." Thurgin answered, "We should probably not return to Dwarftown for a week, and when we do return you should try to disguise yourself as human again, it needn't be so elaborate as when we met but you can no longer be recognized as a Dark Elf near Dwarftown. Your skin tone, as you know, is unusual for Dark Elves."

"Whatwasthereward?" Loli asked.

"He identified everything we were carrying. Unfortunately, the only new news is that this ring is a ring of fire. Pity we won't know what the rest of our equipment is until we get that gorgon."

Ramriez and Loli teleported the first few levels, with the others trailing behind. After some traveling, they arrived at the base of the Unremarkable Dungeon.
"If the bread weights that much in the draklor chain, then it's no wonder so many die of starvation.
AND - what kind of IRON RATION weights as much as an iron shield?! A dinner for four, oven included? ;)"

-Maelstrom
nOOb-mAsTeR
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Thursday, February 22, 2007 at 17:08 (GMT -5)

As they made it to the eigth level again, Ramirez felt excited, but fear was in him. He remembered the horrible machines and the gorgon....

Lawf'okong created a battle plan while walking down, which he explained to the others."Well, I will shoot webs, which will slow the golems and the gorgon too, but will also slow us if we try to attack them head on."Ramirez laughed,"Then why the hell are you going to shoot webs then, might I ask?" Lawf'okong glared at Ramirez for a second, then continued,"As I was saying, it would only impede us if we attacked head-on.Now we do have a archer among us, who could prove helpful."
Everyone turned around, to see Whadar, drunk more than usual, laying on the ground, obviously in no condition to shoot after drinking a whole barrel of dwarvish meade at Torgall's Inn.

Jarlgan snickered,"Okay then wise one, since our archer is not with us for the moment, what do you propose now?" "Loli could always rust the golems, they appear to be made out of iron, while I shoot acid at the gorgon, and Ramirez goes in for the kill with the amulet on."

"So I'm the one that has to risk my life all the time? All you ever do is sling spells at the enemy, while we're all risking our lives!"
Jarlgan mumbled in agreement, while Tarindil and Thurgin seemed to disagree."Lawf'okong has saved us all in battle many a time, and he has not yet shown his true power, that is obvious enough to me,"said Thurgin."But if you are too much of a coward,"continued the dwarf,"I will go slay the gorgon. My axe is hungry for blood, and I my god will be pleased if I slay this beast. I will go slay the gorgon."

Whadar staggered onto his feet for a second, then fired a bolt into the skull of a golem, and with it the golem slowly creaked and fell onto the ground, awakening the others.Ramirez said in a hushed but tense tone,"Well, so much for waiting and planning, let's kill these bastards!!!"
He rushed into the golems, with blood lust in his eyes, even though he realized that golems didn't have blood...he would see for himself.
"You try to give Fang, the large dog the bone. Fang, the large dog says,"Do you know who I am, mortal?!?!"
F50
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Thursday, February 22, 2007 at 19:56 (GMT -5)

Ramriez slew two Orc scorchers one poisoned phase dagger each. A pair of acid bolts flew by either of Ramirez's ears.

"Just watch where you aim those!"

A golem struck out but Ramirez dodged the attempt. A magic missile raced a quarrel to the target. Of the two projectiles, Ramirez's dagger reached it first. Tarindil fired several arrows into the fray. Jarlgan joined the fight temporarily at least until the Gorgon joined the fight. Ramirez stepped back for a moment to receive some spenseweed from Lawf'okong. The fight fell to a lull for a while, before flaring up again, harder than ever. Four claw bugs were promptly slain by a web-missile-Jarlgan combo. Three Iron golems followed and were destroyed by Ramirez and some well-placed quarrels. Two Orc chieftains an Orc butcher were the next challengers. Magic missiles ricocheted off the vault walls. Arrows flew, Quarrels buffeted, Jarlgan struck, and Ramirez's daggers slid neatly through many an unsuspecting foe's armor. Then a Dorn Beast stomped into view.

"Harumph! Haru-"

It turned into stone. Jarlgan retreated. The Gorgon faced Ramirez and breathed. The company renewed their stream of missiles. Ramirez looked like he had been turned into stone. Unlike the Dorn Beast however, he retained his original color. The Gorgon struck Ramriez. Lawf'okong and Thurgin, both tired, stopped casting spells. Whadar drained a potion of booze. Tarindil ran out of arrows. Ramirez struck the Gorgon. The Gorgon suddenly became afraid and ran. A wall of monsters blocked Ramirez from tossing a dagger to bring the Gorgon back. Jarlgan rejoined the fight.
"If the bread weights that much in the draklor chain, then it's no wonder so many die of starvation.
AND - what kind of IRON RATION weights as much as an iron shield?! A dinner for four, oven included? ;)"

-Maelstrom
Darren Grey
Registered user

Last page view:

4211 days, 20 hours, 15 minutes and 53 seconds ago.
Posted on Monday, February 26, 2007 at 02:16 (GMT -5)

Jarlgan stood tall and firm, holding his weapon arrogantly in front of the opposition. “Bring it on,” growled the orc.

The enemies did not look confident, but a hobgoblin leader sent a whip cracking through the air, yelling at his minions to charge. The goblins crept forward cautiously, looking in fear at the smirk on the orc’s sharp-toothed mouth. One of them tried to hurl a stone, but with a quick swipe of his sword Jarglan sent the projectile hurtling back till it buried deep into the thrower’s skull. The goblin fell dead, and the others turned to flee, but in their panic they pushed each other and tripped, and the orc skewed their heads from their torsos in seconds. The leader ran yelping in fear and the orc let out a low chuckle as he rifled through the goblins’ clothes for any valuables.

From the around the corner came the sounds of new troops, and Jarlgan quickly took position again alongside Ramirez. They heard the whistling sound of a far-off wind, but closer was the clank of metal and strange creaking and whirring noises. The company all stood ready and waiting as around the corner came a new enemy. With slow jerks and the grind of metal against stone came an unspeakable horror. Twisted limbs stretched and pulsed as they dragged the creature across the hard dungeon floor. Flesh was mixed with metal in a terrifying array of arms and legs and body parts that fit no human. It was crawling with its elbows, its spine arched out backwards and an upside down face spinning in full circles as the monstrosity took in its surroundings. It saw the fighters and the steel-plated face stretched out in a contorted expression of pain and fury. Oil and blood spurted from metallic tubes as it unleashed an unearthly wailing scream, like the cleave of a sword through metal armour, or the scratch of a blade against a grinding stone.

“What abomination is this?!” said Lawf’okong in surprise and disgust. “Not in all my years have I ever seen such an insult to life!”

Thurgin narrowed his eyes and gripped his axe. “I have...” he said quietly. “But not since Kherab were banished from our clan. To see such a terror again – I will not let it live!”

The steel horror raised itself upwards and with sudden speed rushed forward. Jarlgan struck hard with his sword, but it deflected off the monster’s tough armour before the creature picked him up with one spiked hand and threw him down the corridor. Ramirez swiped in at the creature’s back, his phase dagger severing through a mixture of sinews and pumps and thick steel bones. The construct spun round and grabbed Ramirez’s left hand before a second strike could be made, and pulling the dark elf up it bit sharp metal teeth into the assassin’s shoulder and tore out a chunk of flesh. Ramirez screamed in agony, and angrily brought his right hand down onto the monster’s back, stabbing his dagger through its spine.

The steel horror screeched in pain, collapsing down to the ground, but with deft movement it slammed Ramirez hard against the stone wall. A sudden ringing noise filled the dark elf’s ears. Colours were beginning to swirl as throbbing pain emanated form his shoulder, and he saw the dwarf charging towards them, leaping over the stricken orc, his mouth open as if to scream but no sound coming out. The steel horror was trying to claw and crawl away, but Thurgin’s axe came silently down, sweeping through the monster’s head. The paladin kicked the metal corpse in disgust, and then turned to Ramirez, pointing back down the corridor. His mouth was opening and shutting as if to bark orders, but the dark elf could still only hear the painful ringing sound.

What he could not hear was the high-pitched wail of wind now rapidly approaching them. “Get out, get out!” screamed Thurgin urgently. “There be a vortex approaching, move it ye stupid elf!” From around the corner came a spinning swirling mass of green fluid, flying through the air at high speed. Thurgin looked up in shock as straight towards them came this unstoppable deadly terror. He grunted and held his axe firm – he’d at least go down fighting. Waiting for the right second he raised his weapon high, the whirling acidic fluids almost at his face before suddenly he was pushed away from the side.

The vortex exploded over Jarlgan’s back as he shouldered the dwarf away, acid streaming all over the orc. But the terrible fluids streamed off the fighter’s thick black hide like water. A splash of acid hit a stroke of Thurgin’s bushy beard and melted through it instantly. He gasped as he saw the figure of the orc above him – an orc that had saved his life.

But this was no time for sudden friendships to form – the sound of the gorgon returned. The huge scaled creature had healed up, and returned now bellowing thick black smoke and emitting a deep braying sound from his bullish head. Jarlgan looked down at the dark elf – Ramirez was clutching his bleeding shoulder tightly, seemingly dazed and confused by what was going on. There was no chance of getting that amulet from him now... No, the only choice was to try and take this creature down and get lucky. He held his sword tight and grinned – the risk, the uncertainty, the seeming inevitable chance of doom – this is what thrilled him. Right now, in the balance between life and death, light and dark, only his sword and his fate in front of him – this is what he loved, this is what he believed in. This balance was where he belonged, and he’d see it through to every bitter end. He charged.

He leapt high over the thick black smoke and landed on the gorgon’s back. Twisting round he got a firm position and hacked down with his sword. The thick scales resisted his strike, but he hewed again, and again, harder and harder till blood spilled out from the monster’s back. The gorgon groaned and writhed, smashing itself against the side walls till the orc was shaken off. Dark blood was now oozing heavily from the gorgon’s back and it began flailing around in a blind rage, shaking its head wildly and stomping all over the ground. Heavy hooves crashed down on the orc’s head and Jarglan felt consciousness slip from his grasp.

Then came a dwarvish war cry from Thurgin. Inspired by Jarglan’s death-defying charge he now flew into battle himself. His axe tore against the creature’s ugly face, and a hard swipe upwards chopped through one of the gorgon’s horns. The monster tried to bite at him with its huge maw, but he managed to duck and roll back quickly. Two streams of acid flew over his head, and he turned round to see Lawf’okong and Tarindil readying another chant behind him. Whadar was quickly grabbing quarrels from stricken orcs and starting to reload his crossbow. The creature was badly injured – this was almost it.

But the gorgon was not yet done. It turned its head up to the ceiling and let out a wild scream of fury. Pain was burning through its whole being, but its animal instincts told it that these pathetic gnats could be taken down easily – one swoop of breath and they would be turned to stone and dust. Lawf’okong shouted in warning as he saw the creature rear its head, thick black smoke forming in the back of its throat as it began to open its huge toothed maw. Thurgin raced towards it, hoping to make it in time to extinguish the life from the monster’s eyes, but he could see he was too late. He stared into those jaws of death as he ran towards them with his axe raised, a defiant dwarven curse on his lips.

The gorgon’s jaws shut firm. It tried to shake it head, but Jarlgan held fixed the sword that he now impaled up through the creature’s head. He began to twist the metal through the monster’s skull, and thick dark blood poured down his blade. The orc picked himself up from the floor, and as he drew his sword the gorgon’s head slumped to the ground. The creature’s limbs were still twitching until Jarlgan brought his sword firmly down and lopped it through the monster’s neck. Deep and dark crimson fluid formed a lake around the stricken fiend.

Thurgin breathed a sigh of relief, offering up a silent prayer of thanks to Morodwyn. The paladin and the bard saw to Ramirez’s nasty wound as the whole party slowly recovered from the difficult battle. They scavenged through the corpses and found a fair number of valuable looking items, though most of it they didn’t recognise.

Thurgin found a sturdy hauberk of adamantium scale mail that had done little to protect its previous owner from a vicious head injury, as well as a fairly decent large shield. Tarindil recovered his arrows, and found a quiver of metal-tipped arrows on the back of a dead kobold, as well as a few different wands. Whadar found a long metal spear he took a liking too – he seemed to enjoy the idea of being able to poke things from far away, and it gave him something to steady himself on when feeling tipsy. He also found some thin gloves that fit his hands well, and that seemed to improve his grip on his crossbow. Jarlgan found some robust gauntlets and a thick metal helmet, along with matching iron boots. Ramirez managed to uncover a few amulets and rings (which took a bit of dissection to get off in some cases), as well as a black leather cloak and some black gauntlets. Lawf’okong found a number of magic scrolls and potions, as well as a spellbook that when studied later turned out to be that of Improved Fireball. The grey elf and dwarf tried having a read of it, but didn’t understand it well enough, and even Lawf’okong had trouble unlocking its full power. On top of all this they found a blanket and a pickaxe, as well as around ten thousand gold and a few other gems and trinkets.

They travelled back to the western caverns in a good mood, feeling pretty proud of how they’d faired against a group of enemies that had previously seemed impossible to conquer. But the weather seemed strange – unnaturally hot and muggy, with wild winds and sudden downpours that swept across the plains. They had the odd feeling that some terrible force was at work, and that the monsters they’d defeated so far were nothing compared to the evil that lay buried deep in these terrible caverns. They descended down into its depths.

---

“Is it really him?” hissed one.

“You really think I could make a mistake like that, Elhizar? You know me better than that.”

“You’re right, I’m sorry, Lefina. But we have looked so long for our dear brother, what luck that we should find him here!”

The other chuckled. “Lol’th favours us well. The sacrifice of those dwarven children has obviously been rewarded. He is travelling with some other dregs – pathetic wretches not worthy of spider food, and even a foul grey elf. We must teach our pale brother a lesson – the company of other races is most unfavourable. But more importantly he has lessons in pain to learn – we must remind him that he deserves nothing more in life. After all, that’s what family is for.” An evil smile crossed her dark lips.
Waldenbrook, the dwarven shopkeeper, mumbles: "I'd offer 9 gold pieces for yer dwarven child corpse."

[Edited 1 time, last edit on 2/26/2007 at 02:31 (GMT -5) by Darren Grey]
Cat Lord Lord
Registered user
Not really

Last page view:

5417 days, 13 hours, 16 minutes and 27 seconds ago.
Posted on Monday, February 26, 2007 at 13:56 (GMT -5)

Nothing of importance happened until they hit the large cavern. As the party entered there, they clutched their weapons tighter, knowing something would happen. They felt a breeze coming from the south, and a soft whispering. Whadar remembered his home from across the mountains, and wanted to rest, but a swig from his ale kept him up. Tarandil remembered his old family, and stopped a moment in reminiscence. Jarlgan thought of his clan, and happy times. Thurgin and the troll thought of their homes. The only one who didn't shed a silent tear was Ramirez. The chanting started to get louder, just as a normal voice, coming from all around. Thurgin calmly said, "Let's rest a moment eh lads? Nothings around in this entire cavern." The others nodded their agreements when Ramirez shot straight up, "I know that voice... its... its... RUN!"

Tarandil replied dreamily, "Ramirez, when was the last time we took a break? Just relax." Ramirez felt his heart slowing down, but a pain shot through his heart and it sped up, "No, Damnit, RUN! My family... they...they..." he stopped in mid-sentence as he felt a wave of calm flood over him. "Well, I guess it couldn't hurt... could it?".

---------------------

"Good job Lefina, for a second I thought he wouldn't buy it!". The shorter one in a feminine voice replied, "Ha, what do you think mother taught me all those lessons for? Now, let us go back to home. We have a lot of catching up to do with brother." The larger one cackled and said in a deep rolling voice, "Excellent, what do we do with the others?"

The smaller one thought for a moment and replied, "Bring them along, should be good food for Elth'Gerara.". She whistled and a dozen spiders the size of a average humans materialized and picked up the party.
Homework is not meant for home! It's a sick verbal coincidence!
-My brother

[Edited 1 time, last edit on 2/27/2007 at 13:35 (GMT -5) by Cat Lord Lord]
Darren Grey
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Tuesday, February 27, 2007 at 01:15 (GMT -5)

The young dark elf huddled in a corner, tears streaming down the boy’s unnaturally pale face. A bruise was welling on his right cheek.

“Stop crying!” shouted the tall young woman standing over him. “You are of a noble household, Ramirez, you bring shame on us with your actions! You must be strong! What would mother think if she saw you crying in the corner like a pathetic wretch? You make me sick!”

The child simply whimpered and kept crying, and a dark hand had shot out to smack him.

“That’s enough, Lefina!” came a young but stern voice. “Ramirez has suffered enough for now.”

The dark elven girl growled. “He will never learn if you are too soft on him, Elhizar. Only through suffering will he learn strength! He is too weak, and will bring shame on us all! He has already brought shame on us all!” She stormed out, visibly upset.

Elhizar walked over to the young boy and sat down next to him. He was a mature man, well-built for a dark elf, with a stern face and eyes that showed power and cunning. But there was also a small light of kindness in them as he patted his younger brother on the head. “Have the other children been bullying you again, Rams?” The young boy sniffed and nodded his head slightly.

The dark elven man sighed. “It is difficult, I know. It is something we all must go through as young children, especially us of noble stature. The others are jealous of our status and wealth – it is only to be expected that they would try to put us down. But the only way to be accepted is through strength and resilience. You have to learn Ramirez; you have to learn to be strong in front of the other children, to be a leader rather than a victim. You must never run away, and always fight any that oppose you. This is the way of our race.”

The child looked up at his brother, the tears stopped now as admiration entered his eyes. “Here, I have something for you, Rams.” Elhizar reached into his tunic and brought forth a thin dagger with a blackened blade. “This will be your first weapon, and I shall teach you how to use it. In our clan we achieve power through strength and respect – I will teach you how to gain both. But you must remember to always stay your ground, and never run away.” Ramirez took the dagger, his small hands both wrapping around the hilt as he looked on it with awe. “Come, let us go train.”

----

Loli peeked his small head out from Tarindil’s pack. He’d been sleeping earlier, and now he’d woken up to find himself in a precarious position. He looked about and gulped – all about were giant spiders and tarantulas, and he was on top of one of their bristly backs, eight giant spindly legs pumping around him as they travelled swiftly forward. Thick sticky webs wrapped about Tarindil, and he’d had trouble escaping from his hiding spot. He tried nudging his master but it was no use – he seemed to be in some sort of weird daze.

The fairy dragon crept quietly back into the pack and rummaged around in the darkness till he found what he wanted – a small phial containing a blue potion. He clawed the top off with a bit of difficulty and slurped up the contents with his long tongue. A strange translucent feeling took over him – he could still see himself, but he knew others would have difficulty. He crept out of the pack now and launched himself upwards, floating high above the swarm of giant spiders. The whole party were tied to the backs of huge tarantulas, and the tunnel was filled with their chittering and the thumping of many barbed feet against the ground.

Up ahead at the front of the pack he could make out two dark elves riding on the tallest of the spiders. One was a lofty woman dressed in purple robes, the other a well-built man wearing a thin corslet of black ringed mail. Both had a look of authority and strength.

They were coming up now to the end of the wide tunnel, which seemed like a dead end. The herd slowed down, and the dark elven woman stretched out her hands and uttered some fell sounding words. Runes suddenly glowed on the wall ahead and it slid backwards, letting them pass through. Loli knew he didn’t have much chance left to do anything, so he quickly flew down to his master. Latching his claws onto the bard’s tunic he uttered some magic words and they both vanished.

Ramirez groggily opened his eyes. He’d been remembering about his brother – perhaps the only happy memories he’d had from his childhood. It had been so long since he’d thought back on those times... But, ah, what was this feeling? This familiar smell and sound... He tried looking about, but he felt restricted. He was lying on his back, and could only make out the ceiling of a large cavern high above him.

“I see you’ve woken up, dear brother” came a cold female voice. Ramirez suddenly felt fear running through every part of his body. He knew that voice, he remembered it oh so well. He heard now the sounds of spiders in the distance and his whole body locked up in terror. Lefina chuckled as she stretched her head into Ramirez’s view. “What’s wrong, little brother? Shouldn’t you be pleased to see your family again? We have so much to catch up on...” She slapped him hard across the face, her long white nails drawing blood.

There was the sound of a young child crying in the distance. Lefina smiled, but there was a certain sadness in her eyes. “Our dear brother is just preparing the sacrifices now. Elth’Gerara won’t appreciate your friends very much – but we have a better sacrifice for her tonight. Your friends at least will help her satiate her hunger when she awakens. But you... I can’t let you die just yet. You’ve been away for so long brother, I think perhaps it’s time you returned home. About time you were paid back for the suffering you caused us...”

Ramirez looked confused, but a word in there had shaken a pillar of dread inside him. “Elth’Gerara? The spider demon?”

“Why yes,” said his sister with a smile. “Only by requesting her power can we hope to restore our place in society that we were so cruelly stripped of, all because of you.”

“What are you talking about? I left to get away from you all!”

There was the sound of footsteps approaching. “You ran away,” came a deep masculine voice. “Fled like a pathetic coward. If you had stayed you could have justified your killings, possibly even gained respect from them. Instead you ran away and brought shame on us all.” Ramirez gasped as the face of his brother appeared in view. “Father and mother were respected in the city – they were allowed the option of an honourable suicide. But we... we were not so lucky.”

“Elhizar, your arm!” said Ramirez in shock, as he saw that his brother’s right arm was missing.

The man narrowed his eyes. “It is nothing compared to Lefina’s suffering. We have spent a long time trying to regain our family’s wealth and power, and have come a long way now. But one thing has always been missing – the guilty elf that brought shame on us all. You were protected for a long time in Jak-Nagiur, but we’ve finally got a hold of you now. You will come with us Ramirez. After this sacrifice is done we will return to our city in glory, and you will face the punishment you deserve.”

The word ‘sacrifice’ preyed on Ramirez’ mind, as did the crying child he could still hear. He managed to twist his head round and see an altar to his left. On it lay a tiny girl with black skin, still a baby in elven terms. Below the altar were his companions, all bound in webs. He could make out the troll, but it was hard to see the others clearly in the dark.

“What is this?!” he demanded. “You are sacrificing one of our own race?”

“Not just one of our own race,” said Elhizar. “You know the blood pact needed to summon a demon like Elth’Gerara – stronger ties than race are needed.”

“What? But who... how...”

“You really are a fool, brother. What punishment do you think we had to endure for your crimes? I lost my right arm, but Lefina lost far more. She was forced to stand the Trial of Shame – that child is the result.” Ramirez stared up at his sister, but she simply returned a look of pure loathing.

“All because of you, coward. You destroyed everything for us! But now we’re taking it back, whatever the cost. And you will suffer dearly...”

There was a rustling sound over near the altar and Lefina quickly spun round to look. The webs around the dwarf were being cut by some invisible force; and now the troll’s, and the gnome’s. Suddenly Tarindil appeared in sight, his mithril sword now shearing through Jarlgan’s bonds. The dark elven priestess scowled. “That grey elven scum! I will destroy him!”

She marched down towards the group, stretching out her arms and calling out in the dark elven tongue. Huge deadly spiders swarmed towards them, and the party rapidly drew their weapons. Lefina cackled as the spiders surrounded them and began attacking.

Jarglan swept his sword around, severing through limbs and multi-eyed heads that leaked poison from their giant maws. Lawf’okong sent balls of fire and streams of acid into the large crowd of monsters, whilst Thurgin began hacking away with his axe and Whadar shot quarrels from behind. Meanwhile Tarindil grabbed out his flute and started playing rapidly on it. The spiders began avoiding him, and soon some of them seemed to become subservient to him. He changed to a more aggressive tune and the giant spiders nearby began turning on their fellows, and some of them rushed towards Lefina.

Elhizar moved to go help, but stopped when he saw a small pink dragon flying towards Ramirez. Loli clawed quickly at some of the webs trapping the dark elf, and Ramirez managed to get one hand free. He quickly drew a dagger from his sleeve and sheared away the other webs trapping him. He jumped backwards as his brother approached.

“Brother, please stop! There is no reason for us to fight!” he pleaded.

“I was too weak on you Ramirez – you never learned the lessons of our race well. There is always reason to fight, especially when it involves revenge.”

Lefina fired bolts of energy into the nearest spiders, but was now bleeding heavily from various gashes. She backed off, and moved around towards the altar. A plume of fire shot from her hands into the remaining spiders attacking her as she approached the back of the altar. Blood was leaking fast from her wounds as she crouched over the little girl on the altar.

“My child, my dear child, you were never meant to be in this world. It is time for us to leave together, for us to be together with Lol’th...” She took out a dagger and stabbed the girl through the chest, before falling down on the altar herself. Her blood and the child’s mixed and poured down over the obsidian rock as she uttered a prayer with her last breath. “Elth’Gerara, taste my blood, and the blood of my daughter. Arise now in fully glory! Smite these infidels with thine power!”

The cavern began to shake and the altar cracked open. A terrible hissing sound emerged as the crack widened and giant legs crawled from the hole. The others looked on in shock as a gigantic demon emerged. Three slavering heads sat atop a grotesquely huge bulky body supported by eight humongous legs that looked as thick and hard as iron bars. It stood well over twenty feet tall, and poisonous drool dripped from its fangs as it looked hungrily down at the adventurers from its many eyes. Its giant legs crunched into the stone as it began to advance.

Elhizar looked at Ramirez coldly, ignoring everything else in the cavern. With his only arm he drew out a sharp emerald dagger with a bronze hilt shaped like two intertwining serpents. Ramirez knew the dagger well – it was a family heirloom called the Serpent’s Bite, and he knew his brother could slay him with it in a single hit. He drew his daggers and took a defensive stance as Elhizar approached.

“You have grown strong Ramirez, but still not strong enough. Even with just my left hand I can still defeat you easily. Prepare now to meet you fate...”

Ramirez got ready to face what he knew would be the toughest battle he’d ever fought.
Waldenbrook, the dwarven shopkeeper, mumbles: "I'd offer 9 gold pieces for yer dwarven child corpse."
nOOb-mAsTeR
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Tuesday, February 27, 2007 at 17:44 (GMT -5)

Quick on his feet, Elhizar thrust the heirloom dagger at Ramirez but Ramirez blocked and tried to thrust with his other dagger, but had to avoid a fang from the horrible spider demon,Elth’Gerara.Ramirez could feel the demon inside him chuckling,"Thisss sssspider hatesss light, mortal, hahaha..."

Ramirez seemed dazed for a second, but had to come back to his senses as Elhizar tried to stab him again, while the giant spider tried to step on him, but the rejected dark elf jumped onto the giant spider's head.He yelled over to the others,"Use light!!!!It hates li-ugh!"He stopped in midsentence as the spider flung him off of her head, ready to kill this pest. She wasn't going to be woken for nothing,after all. She knew the taste of dark elf blood, very good, yes...

She quickly wrapped Ramirez in her web, as Elhizar fought off Lawf'okong in hand to hand combat since Lawf'okong had managed to slay the rest of the spiders with the last of his magic.Whadar fired quarrels at Ramirez's brother, but he was just too fast to hit.

Thurgin came into the scene again just as the spider demon finished wrapping Ramirez, and in his hand was the phial that he had dreamt about and had found: a bright light was shining from it, shining like the sun! She hissed in pain and anger, light disturbed her very much!She also disliked the flaming quarrels that came out of a tiny creature's weapon, stinging into her body and legs, burning like the light in her eyes. Jarlgan laughed with Whadar,"She doesn't like now, does she?"As he held the torch for Whadar, as he fired through the flame at the beast.

Lawf'okong was having some trouble with Elhizar, being large and cumbersome as most trolls are. The dark elf had just managed to scrape the side of the troll's leg, and he moaned in pain. Elhizar knew the power of the blade, one slice, one kill. Walking away from the troll, proud of his kill, ready to dispose of his brother, he stood above his brother, ready to thrust the blade down, when he felt something tap his shoulder. He looked around and saw nothing, but heard a tiny voice say,"youabadmansomegonnahurtyou!"Loli suddenly appeared and squirted a lot of water in the elf's face, making him stagger around aimlessly, and suddenly tripped over his brother and lay on the ground, scrambling to get up.Before he could though, a gray elf appeared out of nowhere with a shining blade at his heart, who said,"Nobody hurts Ramirez, except for me, and that's because he's like family to me, unlike you, scum!!!!"
Elhizar screamed as the blade thrust through his body, realizing his mistakes in life when it was too late....

Ramirez was still unconcious, and the demon had started to awaken, wanting to destroy this demon spider....

Tarindil directed his attention from Elhizar's corpse to Ramirez, his muscles were bulging again...not a good sign. He quickly grabbed the dagger from Elhizar's stiff hand, and rushed for the others as the demon emerged from the spider webs, and leapt towards the giant spider...this would be a battle of a lifetime...

F50
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Wednesday, February 28, 2007 at 13:45 (GMT -5)

Thurgin muttered an arcane formula. The spider slowed down. Thurgin muttered another spell. Acid shot at the spider. It was unharmed. Two magic missiles joined the rain of projectiles.

The company had organized itself. Jarlgan took point. Thurgin was close behind, casting spells periodically between engagements. Tarindil and struck in when there was an opening. Ramirez was berserk. The full power of an experienced Balor invoked with every movement. Lawf'okong constantly fired magic missiles at the spider. Where there wasn't a clear shot, the missiles ricocheting properties were used to their full extent.

While the spider was indeed a terrible creature, capable of great destruction especially to regular melee fighters, it also faced a small arsenal of artifacts, several accomplished spellcasters, an excellent crossbowman, and a Balor to boot. Jarlgan, wearing the Bracers of War, wasn't really what you would call a regular melee fighter either. Perhaps the spider would have won if Axcilaraxis had not helped.

Soon the spider was defeated. It was not without cost. One of Ramirez's phase daggers was destroyed, along with much of their equipment. Ramirez was covered in blood, belonging to both himself and his foes. Jarlgan was similarly clad. Thurgin escaped being totally plastered. Surprisingly Tarindil's garment was almost clean. Ramirez also lost his seven league boots. Their spell books, along with, by some miracle, their main armament were not harmed however.

"They were not destroyed." Ramirez insisted.

"They are not here" Lawf'okong countered.

-Maelstrom

[Edited 1 time, last edit on 2/28/2007 at 18:33 (GMT -5) by F50]
Cat Lord Lord
Registered user
Not really

Last page view:

Posted on Friday, March 02, 2007 at 13:09 (GMT -5)

"Well, thats settled. Let's get back to Thundarr, time to go save the world." Thurgin said after the loot was collected and divvied. The rest of the group nodded, but Ramirez stood behind, looking at the bloody scene below. After the party started to set out, Tarandil looked back and said, "C'mon Ramirez, we'll rest when we get to town.". Ramirez slowly turned away and followed the party. Nothing exciting happened until Dwarftown, except a few goblins and kobolds here and there. By the time they reached Town, there were only a few guards about. The troll mumbled, "Guess they know when it's nighttime down here. Lets rest a few hours, no dark elves can get us here. Hopefully.". The party soon sat down to rest, and within a few minutes there was no sound coming from the group except a rock clattering about fifteen feet away. Investigating, the guards didn't notice a tall figure creeping away.

Jarlgan mumbled "Peace brother, and a good hunt". The smaller figure grunted. "The others don't see it, I do. Your place isn't here with the clan, it's out there." Then, seeming to remember something he added, "And here, it was your father's blade. Rebuild it when your honor is restored." he said presenting the other figure with three pieces. Roars came from the huts to the north, and Jarlgan started running.

The ground turned to black, and the grass turned to ash underfoot. Jarlgan stopped and turned around. What once should have been orcs, became one man. He steadily approached, walking slowly but covering distance quickly. A hood obscured his face, and in his hand was a black blade. He pulled back his hood, and where his head was, was darkness. It seemed to pulse to a steady beat with his footsteps.

Jarlgan felt no fear, but he knew he should. The figure was a few steps away when he raised his sword. Jarlgan pulled out a short sword and raised to block it. The black blade cut straight through it, and came an inch from Jarlgans face. "Power" a voice yelled inside his head. He roared, and picked up the nearest object, a uprooted tree. He swung, and connected with the figure’s head. What would have killed any man, or demon, dissipated the darkness about his head. As the club passed through, the darkness re-formed.

The figure struck again, his black blade whirling. "You cannot deny me. I am the air you breath. I am the blood in your veins. I own you." Where the blade struck Jarlgans arm, it cut clean through. The arm writhed on the ground, and formed into a arm. Then into a chest, and a full body. It stood upright, and the black figure walked straight inside it. The eyes opened, and Jarlgan saw his own face. The figure smiled, and stabbed him.

"Life is for living, Death for dying
You cannot defeat your life
Alone you shall fail
Win or lose, you shall die
Find me, and life you shall gain"

A soft voice whispered that in his mind, as he awoke. Looking at his arm, where in the dream he had been cut glowed black. Hurriedly searching through his pack he found what he wanted: Flint and tinder. Kindling the fire, he fished through the bottom and found the end of his old broken sword, buried it in the flames. After a moment, the tip glowed red. He picked it up, ignoring the pain in his hand and plunged it in his blackened arm.

-My brother

[Edited 1 time, last edit on 3/2/2007 at 13:40 (GMT -5) by Cat Lord Lord]
Darren Grey
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Sunday, March 11, 2007 at 09:11 (GMT -5)

It was early in the morning, the sun’s rays shining bright over the tall gallows, casting long shadows over the courtyard. But it felt cold, and to Tarindil the world seemed dark and terrible. Cruel laughter rang out above the booing and hissing, and he looked up into the glass-green eyes of his old friend. “Tarindil! I have seen it! I have seen the True Light! Perhaps you will too one day...” The world slowed down, and the elf stared in confusion at Alhacrast’s face, trying to discern the meaning of his words. But the man’s gaze had shifted up into the distance now, and in his eyes there seemed to be a glint of satisfaction, and hope. A hood was pulled over his face and the crowd booed louder as he was shoved towards the noose.

The rope went taught and the sun was momentarily blocked from view as a raven swiftly flew past, its harsh croaking call echoing around the courtyard as the crowd cheered. Alhacrast was now dead, his spirit fleeing gladly from its vessel, and the world was about to change.

Tarindil woke up to see Thurgin and Lawf’okong talking not far from the camp fire. They turned as they saw him stir.

“Ramirez is gone,” said the troll. “And so are all his things. He must have left silently in the night.”

The elf frowned slightly. “He won’t be far off I’m sure. Probably just wants some time alone at the moment.”

“Perhaps...” said the troll thoughtfully.

Tarindil got up, shaking his head slightly to rid himself of the groggy feeling. He opened his pack to fish out some cooked lizards, but after a little fumbling he realised something was missing.

“The emerald dagger is gone...” he said quietly. “Ramirez must have taken it.” He sat in thought for a moment before looking up at the others. “I... I don’t know if he’ll be back any time soon... or at all. For now, I guess we should press on.”

Lawf’okong nodded, and the others started getting ready to move.

They returned to the dwarven town. Most of them remained quiet on the journey, Jarlgan especially seeming very distracted, but Whadar drunkenly sang a gnomish tune along the way.

The town was now bustling again, with many dwarves going to and fro about their everyday business. Some tough looking miners gave Thurgin a polite nod as they went past, but most gave the whole party a suspicious look. Fearful mothers steered their children away from the hideous orc, troll, and grey elf that dared to step foot in their town. Whadar kept singing, every now and then managing to be in tune.

The elder seemed surprised to see them again. “Hmm, well, I’m impressed,” said Thrundarr. “I did not expect ye to return. And have ye done as I asked?”

Jarlgan held up a horn he’d chopped from the gorgon’s head, the base of it covered in dried black blood.

The old dwarf nodded. “Very good, very good indeed. Ye have shown ye art capable of loyalty, and that be important for us dwarves. As promised, I shall identify for ye any items ye wish.”

Thrundarr spent some time going through their possessions and letting them know the use and purpose of each item. Amongst the many things they had picked up were some demon slaying quarrels and undead slaying arrows. There were several rings that helped protect against the elements, many different potions and amulets, two fireproof blankets, and much more that they had little use for. There also seemed to be 58 strange items, and no one was really sure where they’d come from. They decided to sell off a lot of the junk later.

“Now,” said the dwarven elder when they were finished, “If ye be lookin for more work I have another quest for ye. A number of years back we lived deeper in these caves in some grand halls built by our ancestors. The rock there was good, and there were many deposits of precious metals and gems as well as solid stores of coal and iron. Life was good, and we lived well off the fruits of the stone, trading our goods with the humans on the surface for all we needed. But... things started getting bad a few years ago. Strange monsters and demons started creeping up from the depths, and some of our people started having strange mutations. On the surface a necromancer began building a large army of undead, and stole away many of the spirits of our strongest fighters. We were besieged from all sides, and all we could do was seal away the terrible depths and come up higher. We abandoned our old halls, and they soon became infested with powerful enemies. Now, up here, we scrape what life we can with the few of us that are left.

“The sage Khelavaster passed through a while ago. He said some powerful force of chaos was invading our world. I’m just an old dwarf, I don’t know much about that sort of thing, I just know that life’s become hard for us, and it’s going to get harder... Khelavaster decided to dig deeper, but us, well, we keep away from those dark depths now. He’s not returned yet, and I don’t think he’s going to. There be things down there are just too strong to meddle with... But still, I worry, and it’s been a long time since anyone has explored that deeply. I want ye, if ye be willing, to go down past our old halls and see what darkness lies there. What pits of madness has it descended into now? Ye be strong warriors, but I send ye with a stern warning – do not face what ye cannot fight. There be many terrors in the depths of the world that no mortal should ever have to come across. If ye manage to return, I shall reward ye each with a gift.”

[Edited 1 time, last edit on 3/11/2007 at 16:07 (GMT -5) by Darren Grey]
F50
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Tuesday, March 13, 2007 at 14:58 (GMT -5)

"We will try, Thurundarr." Thurgin promised.

They descended below Dwarftown. Nothing happened for two levels. Then the found two down staircases.

"Well, lets try one and see how hard it is." Tarindil said.

"I will not even attempt to traverse the Dwarven halls until I can have defeated an Ancient Red Dragon!" Thurgin shouted.

The company was surprised by Thurgin's statement, but relented after much questioning all of which Thurgin refused to answer.

Then they entered the Animated Forest. Thurgin sang a song under his breath. A song of Griff Bloodaxe and the Dwarven Halls.

Under rock and Mountain old,
Under dungeon deep and cold,
In the mountain's deep unknown,
Lives the Dwarves in halls of stone.

Griff a Dwarven warrior born,
Bloodaxe fought the undead thorn.
For the Dwarven halls he fought,
With the flaming axe he wrought.

For many months he stemmed the tide.
For many months he pushed their side.
'Till once a fiery dragon roared,
Came thund'ring o'er the undead horde

Griff and others bravely fought
But the dragon couldn't be stopped
Abandoned they the Dwarven Halls
Griff abandoned the Dwarven Halls

Fashoned they a barricade,
To shield from further chaos powers,
Griff and others did intend,
to take it deep so time could mend.

Dashed they through the undead line,
Dashed they passed the Dwarven Halls.
Undead and monsters resistant fought,
But the Dwarves could not be stopped.

They descended dungeon cold
Down many levels deep and old
Griff looked down the stairs with awe.
A mighty Emperor Lich he saw.

Griff he shouted “portal down!”
They put the portal sealed round.
Task completed with renown,
They turned and started upward bound.

They ascended to the Dwarven halls.
And there the met the dragon
Griff beckoned the others on.
Griff fought the dragon all alone.

Griff lost to the dragon great.
Griff was slain by dragon hate.
Rowar took him to Dwarven gate.
Dwarves buried him in a hall great.

Tarindil, with his high perception, heard it all.

-Maelstrom

[Edited 1 time, last edit on 3/14/2007 at 12:16 (GMT -5) by F50]
Cat Lord Lord
Registered user
Not really

Last page view:

Posted on Tuesday, March 20, 2007 at 14:58 (GMT -5)

The trees seemed to dance with laughter. They swayed, as a wind blew through. A few regarded Thurgin's axe with hostility, and one swung at him. A quick chop from his axe cut it's limb off, and more looked at him with open hostility. Lawf'okog slowly spoke, " Don't make any sudden movements. On count of run, run. 1...2....RUN!". The entire party broke into a sprint for the staircase, which they could barely see through the teeming masses of trees.
Thurgin, with his heavy armor fell behind. The trees started to close in on him, but Jarlgan scooped him up and threw him on his shoulders. Seemingly not noticing the weight, the orc threw himself into the chase. The party barely reached the staircase, and hurried down. Jarlgan looked back, and saw the figure from his dream, leering at him.
No trees followed them, which surprised Tarandil. The room they were in was very dark, with only a dim light coming from the top. After a minute of searching, Tarandil lit a torch. What he saw, surprised and amazed him.
-My brother
F50
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Friday, March 23, 2007 at 16:30 (GMT -5)

The room was full of mirrors. Tarindil looked great in all of them. Jarlgan couldn't stand the sight of his warped self. All the mirrors shattered! Loli gave a yelp of surprise. Thurgin put on an amulet and suddenly got the urge to get rich really soon. Thurgin spent the rest of the level looking for gold but failed to find any. When they prepared to go down, Thurgin and Lawf'okong stopped.

"There is something happening down there, something sinister, we should wait until it finishes." Thurgin said.

"I am not sure about that, but I feel something forbidding me to descend." Lawf'okong replied.

"Let's return to the surface."

"By the Halls this time though, the forest is too dangerous." Jarlgan suggested.

*TO DANGEROUS! THE HALLS ARE MORE DANGEROUS THAN A FOREST FULL OF TREES!* Thurgin yelled

"Calm down Thurgin." Lawf'okong ordered. "Do you *know* how dangerous the Dwarven Halls are? What do you know about the Halls that we don't?"

"Griff died in those Halls." Thurgin began, "He was killed by an Ancient Dragon. That is not all. There is reason to believe in the account by Rowar, the single survivor of the incident, that the dragon was not the only foe of its strength in the halls. The higher level of the Halls was almost recaptured in later days as most of the more dangerous foes were in the lower level of the Halls. There was a description of a huge figure in hulking armor, similar to a golem, but more calculating and menacing. It knocked over the altar that was in the Halls apparently without suffering any ill effects. Not even Kherab was able to get off without suffering dearly but this beast managed to survive Morodwyn's assault. This had never been heard of before, and still hasn't."

"Let us vote." Jarlgan said.

Loli took the votes and they were equal.

Thurgin reluctantly put three hundred gold pieces on the ground as he said, "Jarlgan, Loli will start teleporting gold pieces after you and me guess how many gold pieces disappear before one re-appears in this room, agreed?"

-Maelstrom

[Edited 1 time, last edit on 3/23/2007 at 16:32 (GMT -5) by F50]
nOOb-mAsTeR
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Friday, March 23, 2007 at 18:01 (GMT -5)

Lawf'okong slammed his foot upon the gold pieces and roared,"What good will luck do!?!?Dragons are difficult enough, let alone ancient. And the beast in hulking armor that you speak of is an ancient and evil beast, called a Moloch. Only five centuries ago would I even CONSIDER going against such a beast. They are very slow,but are incredibly strong, and mysterious." Lawf'okong fell silent for a moment while everyone stared at him in fear of the ancient beast he spoke of. Thurgin picked up his gold pieces with care,"I am sorry for angering you, Lawf'okong, luck will not help us, pardon me." Lawf'okong said,"Do not be sorry Thurgin, twas my anger that got the best of me. My teacher died to a greater moloch, they are thousands of times as powerful as regular molochs. I remember it as if it were yesterday..."

"My first teacher was Shraxor,the drakish healer and leader of the southern lands, where it is hot. Drakelings have hibernated due to the chaos corrupting the weather, which is why you are not familiar with them. Now, my teacher was the leader of the order back then, so he was wise and strong. It was my final lesson, in the hundredth year of my life. After learning so much, I felt almost invincible, ready to take on anything. So Shraxor took me to the dwarves, to see something. We came to those very halls above us, and as we entered, he said,"Lawf'okong, you have learned much from me in these 75 yearssss, but there isssss one lesssson that you have yet to learn." "What is that master?", I said. "Deathhhh,", he said in his hissing tone."You have learned much from me, and someday you will have to pass it on, for I will die someday."Meanwhile I started to hear a loud clanking of metal, and the vibrations of the halls."This is the final test. There isss a great beasssst coming, and you must defeat it, or you will never become what you are desssstined to be."

Lawf'okong stared in space with horror on his face, as if he was there on that day."Shraxor walked into the shadows, as a huge, giant, hulking beast came through the door, sending the dragons in the caves that were but lizards to me then slizzering away like snakes. I maintained my stature, readying the spells in my mind, focusing on the runes of mana. But then I saw through that mask of evil: and I saw all the souls that that beast had destroyed, all the destruction it had caused. I saw myself dying in its face, and I just stood there, as its huge body loomed over me,ready to stomp on me as if I were a bug, but just as it was about to kill me, my master lunged at the beast with a wonderful mace, that slayed demons and other ilk, and it didn't even scratch the armor of the beast. The beast laughed, and I stared in disbelief and horror as my master just stood there, bowing to me, as his body was mangled by the greater moloch's fists...."

"That is why we must not go through those halls!!! I do not know if there is one left, even a moloch would be too much for us."

Jarlgan spoke up,"So what do we do?It's extremely dark down here, there are almost no light holes from the surface, and we'll surely be attacked by the trees with torches in our hands."
Whadar chuckled,"Den how 'bout we 'ave ourselves a bonfire den, haha!" Tarindil ignored the not very funny joke and said,"Well, the way I see it,we just continue downwards. It's not like anything especially dangerous is down there,or is there..." Everyone got silent as the faint wail of a sad being whispered through the air....

[Edited 1 time, last edit on 3/25/2007 at 05:43 (GMT -5) by nOOb-mAsTeR]
F50
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Saturday, March 24, 2007 at 12:46 (GMT -5)

Thurgin sighed

"Let us ascend through the Animated Forest. We do not need light. We can see well enough, though not far. I do not wish to see whatever is down there." Thurgin said.

"Why not explore below?" Jarlgan asked

"I do not feel reight about it. I cannot explain beyond that." Thurgin replied weakly.

"Let us descend for now." Lawf'okong decided.

"Very well."

Loli drank two potions of booze.

"Stop that Loli, its not good for you." Tarindil commanded.

"Tehe! ThisisfunIfeellightandhappy! WhyshouldIstopnow?" Loli said as he quaffed another potion.

Loli was quite drunk, and had drunk the wrong potion, a potion of wonder.

"What do you wish for?"

Loli was about to say something when Whadar shouted, for no particular reason, "Amulet of Life Saving!" Loli, repeated what he said over and over as if it was a funny word.

"Amuletsoflifesaving. Amuletsoflifesaving. tehehe!"

*ONE SHALL BE ENOUGH* An amulet of life saving dropped to the ground. Lawf'okong quickly stashed in his pack.

Upon entering the next dungeon level, the whole company felt a surge of power. The level seemed otherwise normal, until they found a room full of chaos servants. In the middle of the room, bent over, stood Khelevaster. The door on the other side of the room was smashed open.

-Maelstrom

[Edited 1 time, last edit on 3/25/2007 at 07:59 (GMT -5) by F50]
nOOb-mAsTeR
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Wednesday, March 28, 2007 at 13:06 (GMT -5)

As they walked over towards the old man,Lawf'okong quickly retrieved the amulet of life saving from his pack. Just as Loli was about to speak to the old man, Lawf'okong stopped him:"Look at how weak he is, he is using all his strength just to breathe."Thurgin had just scared away all the chaos servants with his axe as Lawf'okong placed the amulet around Khevalaster's neck.Suddenly the old man opened his eyes, and looked at the amulet with relief in his eyes.All of a sudden he stopped breathing, but within seconds his body was surrounded by a bright light as the amulet crumbled. He stood and said,"I thank ye warriors very much for saving my life, for I am not strong enough to fight the forces of chaos. You must be the ones destined to end this incursion of chaos...just as the prophecy I made myself states."

Lawf'okong bowed before the old man, his head down to his feet, to show how worthy this old man was of his respect."Khevalaster,what must we do? The orbs are not where I last suspected, where are they?"
"Four of the five you will find in the caverns below, while Fire is on the surface, reaching towards the sun. Water in a drippy cave, Air's electrified stairs,Earth's in a pinch, while Mana is all."

Tarindil spoke,"So what use for these do we have?"
"Once artifacts of order, corrupted by the chaos pouring from the chaos gate. The one responsible for all of this is-"Khevaster's voice cut short as a loud *thumb* sound resonated throughout the room.Khevalaster smiled and said,"It is with great sadness I leave you, for you have a fight on your hands. But I do not leave you unarmed. Here are three spellbooks, Lawf'okong the ancient,one who is older than I."Lawf'okong looked in amazement at the books, for they were of magic map, teleportation, and acid ball, which was his favorite spell in his past days..."

"To Tarindil the elf I give a ten blessed arrows of giant slaying, you will need them soon..."

"To Whadar the drunk I give a blessing, a much needed one at that."Whadar suddenly looked astonished as he felt unusual, not fuzzy."I have made you immune to the effects of alchohol, for your abilities while drunk are great, let alone when you are sober, as you will see..."

"To Jarlgan the corrupted, I give three blessed scrolls of chaos resistance. The word *might* be mightier than the sword, my friend."
Jarlgan looked with amazement at the sage, for he had read his mind.

"To Thurgin the orderly, I give you knowledge:around the bend, there is a titan by the name of Egonosh, who carries the artifact Purifier. It is your destiny to wield its power."

"And to Ramirez, who is not with you, I give five potions of education, for isn't knowledge power, Lawf'okong the ancient?"

Lawf'okong didn't have any time to respond, for Khevalaster dissapeared in a puff of clear smoke.Meanwhile Thurgin was charging Egonosh, in the name of the Mithril Book....

[Edited 1 time, last edit on 3/29/2007 at 18:06 (GMT -5) by nOOb-mAsTeR]
F50
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Thursday, March 29, 2007 at 15:24 (GMT -5)

Acid flew from his fingers. The Titan yelled its war cry. When Thurgin was close enough, he slowed Egonosh with a spell, and dodged Egononsh's strike. Loli teleported next to Thurgin. Lawf'okong, Tarindil, and Jarlgan ran to help. Egononsh brought his armament down on Thurgin's head. It would've crushed Thurgin, if Loli had not teleported him away with a spell. Thurgin was teleported to a room that they had not yet explored. On the floor in a corner lay a mace. Thurgin picked it up elated and set off for the battle. He had "Purifier" as his weapon.

The battle was not going well with the others. Jarlgan, like Thurgin, could not evade every powerful strike Egonosh made and Tarindil could not dish out enough spensweed to keep up with the damage that he took. Lawf'okong could deal out much destruction but he did not often have a clear enough shot. It was not long before Loli teleported Jarlgan too. Everyone moved to retreat. Egonosh started pursuing them but was distracted by a very large mace pounding on his back. Egonosh turned. Thurgin backed off, knowing he had to keep his distance or he would not last long. Thurgin did not have to come to more blows however, as Whadar put his obsidian quarrel "Thunderstroke" in is crossbow and fired. He could not miss. Egonosh was slain. Jarlgan returned moments later only to find the Titan dead.

"I did not know a creature that could take that much acid of yours, Lawf'okong, and live." Tarindil said in wonder.

"He didn't." Lawf'okong replied chuckling.

The Company continued their descent

-Maelstrom

[Edited 1 time, last edit on 4/28/2007 at 16:28 (GMT -5) by F50]
F50
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Wednesday, May 02, 2007 at 14:26 (GMT -5)

The next level contained a vault full of undead which was efficiently emptied by Whadar, Lawf'okong, Tarindil, Loli, Jarlgan and Thurgin. They then descended to the sixteenth level of that dungeon. Water dripped from the ceiling, the whole level was wet. Even the repulsive, musty smell of the air spoke of water. Out of the corner of his eye Tarindil spotted something around the corner. It was but an instant but he would've swore that it was a Dark Elf.

"Something is wrong with this level." Jarlgan thought aloud.

"But what..." Thurgin mused.

-Maelstrom
nOOb-mAsTeR
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Friday, September 21, 2007 at 18:51 (GMT -5)

Until further notice, this story is dead.

----- ------ -----
- - - - -
----- - -----
- - - -
- - ------ -

[Edited 1 time, last edit on 9/21/2007 at 18:52 (GMT -5) by nOOb-mAsTeR]
Go to page 1 2 3 4

Color mixer:
Red: Green: Blue: HTML color code: result:      
Your Name: Check to login:

Your Message:

Read the
formating help
Are you a spambot? Yes No Maybe Huh?
Create poll? Yes No   What is this?
Poll question: