Register new account
Edit account
Search

Ancient Domains Of Mystery, forum overview / Roguelike / Modern day Roguelike...

Online users ( Unknown)
Application object not working properly at the moment, no clue who is online...

* Numbers in parentheses are the number of minutes since the user last loaded a page. Logged-in users time out after 40 minutes (unless they manually log out), lurkers and anonymous posters after 20.

nOOb-mAsTeR
Registered user
Master of all things nOOby!!!

Last page view:

5736 days, 5 hours, 47 minutes and 23 seconds ago.
Posted on Thursday, February 01, 2007 at 18:45 (GMT -5)

My brother and I (mostly my bro,programming skills) are making a game(C++) that will take place in New york city, and kinda be like the italian mafia in some ways inside it. I was just wondering that when we get a basic version of it out(another year if we work a little harder...)if people would be willing to try it. There will be three alignments: Lawful, Civilian, and Evil:D
I don't know if this game would be considered a roguelike, but here will be the goals of the game:
Escape from the terrors in NYC(civilian)
Kill or put all evildoers in jail(lawful)
Take over city(evil)

The game will be like ADOM in many respects, one being the weapon skills system, and the symbols...just thought we'd make it easy for ADOM players to jump into. I think this will be really good, cuz who wouldn't want to go around shooting people with Bazookas in msdos? Just like ADOM is like Fable , Purge(the game's name) will be like GTA....suggestions appreciated!
"You try to give Fang, the large dog the bone. Fang, the large dog says,"Do you know who I am, mortal?!?!"
My smartest dog ever:D
Darren Grey
Registered user

Last page view:

4211 days, 15 hours, 52 minutes and 5 seconds ago.
Posted on Thursday, February 01, 2007 at 20:13 (GMT -5)

Heh, if I can call my character Snake and have an eye patch then I'm definitely in :P Is it for MSDOS rather than Windows though? XP has some trouble with ADOM in DOS (it runs at 100% CPU) - would you be able to get around that?
Waldenbrook, the dwarven shopkeeper, mumbles: "I'd offer 9 gold pieces for yer dwarven child corpse."
nOOb-mAsTeR
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Friday, February 02, 2007 at 04:34 (GMT -5)

dunno, it's still very basic. I still have to make the world map(NYC is big, as you know...), so after that we're adding in maps for inside of buildings then NPC's, then item/monster generators, and finally tuneups, one of which will be cpu usage....and yes, you'd be able to get an eye patch, but remember, the graphics are in ASCII...unfortunately
"You try to give Fang, the large dog the bone. Fang, the large dog says,"Do you know who I am, mortal?!?!"
Darren Grey
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Friday, February 02, 2007 at 12:20 (GMT -5)

You have seen Escape from New York, right?
Waldenbrook, the dwarven shopkeeper, mumbles: "I'd offer 9 gold pieces for yer dwarven child corpse."
nOOb-mAsTeR
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Friday, February 02, 2007 at 13:41 (GMT -5)

no, I haven't what's the website?
Darren Grey
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Friday, February 02, 2007 at 20:51 (GMT -5)

It's an old 80s movie - a real classic. When you said civilians had to escape from New York I thought you were deliberately referencing it....

(basic story is in the future - 1997 - Manhatten has become a big chaotic prison, but the president's plane crashes in it and the hero Snake has to go in and rescue him)
Portrait
Jan Erik
Administrator

Last page view:

3 days, 10 hours, 41 minutes and 51 seconds ago.
Posted on Saturday, February 03, 2007 at 06:15 (GMT -5)

More of an anit-hero rely, ex-special forces warhero gone bankrobber. Given an offer he can't refuse (pardon in exchange for saving the presitend, pluss an implanted time bomb for a little extra incentive). You know the old bad vs evil angle. Kickass character though, wasn't be based on some comic "hero", or did those come after the movie?

Jan Erik Mydland
HoF admin
nOOb-mAsTeR
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Saturday, February 03, 2007 at 06:42 (GMT -5)

Crap....I thought I had an almost original idea....oh well. Should be interesting with ADOM characteristics.
Darren Grey
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Saturday, February 03, 2007 at 08:01 (GMT -5)

The films came first, Jan. The director relatively recently made comic books of the character (though I've not seen those myself).
Portrait
Jan Erik
Administrator

Last page view:

3 days, 10 hours, 41 minutes and 51 seconds ago.
Posted on Monday, February 05, 2007 at 15:39 (GMT -5)

Yeah, I think I got him mixed up with Nick Fury. Some superficial simmilarities there methinks.
Jan Erik Mydland
HoF admin

Color mixer:
Red: Green: Blue: HTML color code: result:      
Your Name: Check to login:

Your Message:

Read the
formating help
Are you a spambot? Yes No Maybe Huh?
Create poll? Yes No   What is this?
Poll question: