Register new account
Edit account
Search

Ancient Domains Of Mystery, forum overview / Spoilers / Mindcraft Question

Online users ( Unknown)
Application object not working properly at the moment, no clue who is online...

* Numbers in parentheses are the number of minutes since the user last loaded a page. Logged-in users time out after 40 minutes (unless they manually log out), lurkers and anonymous posters after 20.

Some guy
Registered user
I'm baaaack.

Last page view:

5574 days, 18 hours, 30 minutes and 14 seconds ago.
Posted on Wednesday, February 14, 2007 at 13:58 (GMT -5)

The level 15 and 30 mindcraft powers are described as physical, telekinetic damage. So, can these be safely and effectively used against chaos creatures/undead/unlife? Or do the same rules apply as for other mindcraft?

This is just an aside, but it seems that what mindcraft works on is very inconsistent. It works on spiders and giant bees, but not on beetles, ants or claw bugs. It doesn't even work on rabid dogs, though all other mammals seem to be effected.
The following is a real Adom message:

The homunculus hits you. You suddenly fall asleep! Do you want to continue to read the spellbook of Calm Monster? [y/N]
nOOb-mAsTeR
Registered user
Master of all things nOOby!!!

Last page view:

5735 days, 9 hours, 53 minutes and 45 seconds ago.
Posted on Wednesday, February 14, 2007 at 14:57 (GMT -5)

Well, for our first question:yes, they can safely used against all enemies that you would typically be harmed/corrupted by.

The fact that some bugs are very stupid(look at a killer bugs description) makes the fact that you can't affect them with mindcraft reasonable.
"You try to give Fang, the large dog the bone. Fang, the large dog says,"Do you know who I am, mortal?!?!"
My smartest dog ever:D
Some guy
Registered user
I'm baaaack.

Last page view:

Posted on Wednesday, February 14, 2007 at 17:09 (GMT -5)

Alright, thanks for the good news. Now I just need the RNG to stop rolling snake eyes so that I can get one to level 15.

So stupidity is the culprit, eh? I suppose a rabid dog could have lost its cognitive faculties to the festering disease. Still, bees should be as hive-minded as ants if not more so.

The homunculus hits you. You suddenly fall asleep! Do you want to continue to read the spellbook of Calm Monster? [y/N]
Cat Lord Lord
Registered user
Not really

Last page view:

5416 days, 12 hours, 59 minutes and 1 second ago.
Posted on Wednesday, February 14, 2007 at 17:11 (GMT -5)

I believe it's 16 and 30. The main reason it doesn't work is killer bugs, rabid dogs, and ants have no sentient brain. They can't exactly think.
Homework is not meant for home! It's a sick verbal coincidence!
-My brother
Darren Grey
Registered user

Last page view:

4210 days, 19 hours, 58 minutes and 27 seconds ago.
Posted on Wednesday, February 14, 2007 at 17:23 (GMT -5)

Spiders aren't insects, so they don't fall into that invulnerability to mindcraft. But bees don't make sense in context - I can only assume it's a bug (ho ho...)
Waldenbrook, the dwarven shopkeeper, mumbles: "I'd offer 9 gold pieces for yer dwarven child corpse."
nOOb-mAsTeR
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Wednesday, February 14, 2007 at 19:19 (GMT -5)

nice pun:D
"You try to give Fang, the large dog the bone. Fang, the large dog says,"Do you know who I am, mortal?!?!"
Some guy
Registered user
I'm baaaack.

Last page view:

Posted on Thursday, February 15, 2007 at 21:12 (GMT -5)

Dang, I thought the telekinetic attacks were area-effect, but it's basically a psychic version of burning hands. Also, ghosts can't be hurt by it.

nOOb-mAsTeR
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Friday, February 16, 2007 at 08:18 (GMT -5)

I've always had a good weapon by the time I get Telekinetic attacks, you get them way too late IMHO....

Color mixer:
Red: Green: Blue: HTML color code: result:      
Your Name: Check to login:

Your Message:

Read the
formating help
Are you a spambot? Yes No Maybe Huh?
Create poll? Yes No   What is this?
Poll question: