Register new account
Edit account
Search

Ancient Domains Of Mystery, forum overview / Spoilers / JARMQT

Online users ( Unknown)
Application object not working properly at the moment, no clue who is online...

* Numbers in parentheses are the number of minutes since the user last loaded a page. Logged-in users time out after 40 minutes (unless they manually log out), lurkers and anonymous posters after 20.

Some guy
Registered user
I'm baaaack.

Last page view:

5575 days, 17 hours, 47 minutes and 8 seconds ago.
Posted on Thursday, February 15, 2007 at 22:35 (GMT -5)

(J)ust (A)nother (R)andom (M)onster (Q)uest (T)hread

The cranky old dwarf told me to kill an ogre lord, and I thought that all his quests could be found in the big room, so I was hacking away in there for quite some time. (Fortunately I needed to pick herbs anyway). However, according to this site -

http://folk.ntnu.no/houeland/adom/results/datadump

- ogre lords are only generated in danger level 15 and up, and the highest danger level monster I've seen in the big room so far is a vapor rat (danger level 11). Looking at this page -

http://www.andywlms.com/adom/adomgb-0-13.html
(danger levels for dungeons are listed at the bottom)

- it seems my only bet for finding an ogre lord is the TotHK, aside from other dungeons with unnecessarily high danger levels. My split into DH and AF happens on D:14, which is one level too soon. The top cavernous level there would likely be fastest.

I can handle this if I have to, but it seems ridiculous. I'm required to go to the TotHK for a dwarf quest. Is that fair?
The following is a real Adom message:

The homunculus hits you. You suddenly fall asleep! Do you want to continue to read the spellbook of Calm Monster? [y/N]
Portrait
PeanutGod
Registered user
Lord of Misery

Last page view:

5024 days, 15 hours and 59 minutes ago.
Posted on Friday, February 16, 2007 at 01:36 (GMT -5)

I'd personally either go to the ID, or just give up on the dwarf quests for a while. You might find one in the pyramid though.

But then again, who said the ADOM was ever fair?
Ladies and Gentleman, take my advice. Pull down your pants, and slide on the ice.

nOOb-mAsTeR
Registered user
Master of all things nOOby!!!

Last page view:

5736 days, 9 hours, 10 minutes and 39 seconds ago.
Posted on Friday, February 16, 2007 at 08:17 (GMT -5)

I would go to TotHK, kill two birds with one stone, good exp too. Do you have some means of crossing the piranhas though?
"You try to give Fang, the large dog the bone. Fang, the large dog says,"Do you know who I am, mortal?!?!"
My smartest dog ever:D
Some guy
Registered user
I'm baaaack.

Last page view:

Posted on Friday, February 16, 2007 at 11:02 (GMT -5)

For some reason I just don't like the ID. I usually don't wander anywhere near it for the whole game. Infinite-dungeon-style is exactly what repulsed me from Zangband. When I explore something, it should stay explored.

I went to the TotHK, and was lucky to find an ogre lord without much trouble - eyes of the mind was greatly helpful in finding one. I finished all the other dwarf quests and then came back for the ring; I wasn't sure I was strong enough yet but I could have handled it.

And then, just by chance, I found an ogre lord on D:14. What the heck?

The homunculus hits you. You suddenly fall asleep! Do you want to continue to read the spellbook of Calm Monster? [y/N]
Molach
Registered user
Lord of DurisMud

Last page view:

5114 days, 1 hour, 9 minutes and 44 seconds ago.
Posted on Friday, February 16, 2007 at 11:11 (GMT -5)

EDIT: Darn, too late... still

Hey no problem, you will find a guaranteed Ogre Lord in the Ogre caves, dwarf quest 3!

...heh, sorry couldn't resist that.

You could find one in the arena after becoming a champion!

..couldn't resist that either.

So ToHK-scumming is the thing for you. Or ID. But ID will generate lower-quality-level items though. But since you change level you will generate more items on floors. But you will encounter more traps. But you might generate more nice room effects. So there. Definately mabye.

[Edited 1 time, last edit on 2/16/2007 at 11:12 (GMT -5) by Molach]
nOOb-mAsTeR
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Friday, February 16, 2007 at 13:49 (GMT -5)

Um, Molach?He wouldn't be able to get the ogre quest without actually killing an ogre lord, which was his first quest.
"You try to give Fang, the large dog the bone. Fang, the large dog says,"Do you know who I am, mortal?!?!"
Portrait
PeanutGod
Registered user
Lord of Misery

Last page view:

5024 days, 15 hours and 59 minutes ago.
Posted on Friday, February 16, 2007 at 14:50 (GMT -5)

Er.....Noob.....please tell me you DO understand he was being sarcastic right?
Ladies and Gentleman, take my advice. Pull down your pants, and slide on the ice.

[Edited 1 time, last edit on 2/16/2007 at 14:51 (GMT -5) by PeanutGod]
Some guy
Registered user
I'm baaaack.

Last page view:

Posted on Friday, February 16, 2007 at 15:14 (GMT -5)

Yeah, I thought of the ogre quest too... why couldn't the dwarf just let me down those stairs a little sooner?

nOOb-mAsTeR
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Friday, February 16, 2007 at 15:26 (GMT -5)

Sorry PeanutGod.....I SERIOUSLY thought he was being serious.I kinda read over it quick, not realizing that he had the "not resisting that" part.
It's been said before,sarcasm does NOT work on the internet. That's why we have smiley faces:

:D :( :) :P ;) ;p ;o :0 :-0

I wonder who thought of smiley faces with for the keyboard....I'll have to check Wikipedia:D

Color mixer:
Red: Green: Blue: HTML color code: result:      
Your Name: Check to login:

Your Message:

Read the
formating help
Are you a spambot? Yes No Maybe Huh?
Create poll? Yes No   What is this?
Poll question: